• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 crashes on PS4 Pro and 1080p?

sajj316

I've been having inconsistent results. On Sunday, I played on a Fireteam of 3 and crashed twice on EDZ and a strike. Yesterday, I ran solo and it didn't crash once going through Strikes and the Farm.

Slowly but surely I'm leveling up. Sucks I can't do activities with my clan because they've progressed so much.

.hacked

I am at about 5 crashes so far on my pro, seems to happen when a mission or event ends. Always play coop with my bro and I am the only one crashing. Suck because I loose out on reward for activities even if it counts that I did it.

Linkinito

White PS4 Pro owner with the Destiny 2 bundle (Europe), 1080p screen, not a single crash after ~40 hours of playing.

I didn't transfer data from my old PS4, I downloaded all my games again.

Model is CUH-7016B.

Sygma

I had weird issues since launch regarding performances, after today's patch they re all gone. Finally plays like a dream

Wait, there's a patch out today??

What is the consensus, is this a hardware or software issue?

It's really a 50/50 split. Nobody knows for sure. You have people like me who have never had this issue on my pro, even with games like Rise of the Tomb Raider, then you have people who have experienced this issue a few times with several games.

I'm convinced it's software related, but I'm far from being any kind of expert. Just my best guess.

D2 patch notes said it fixed a rare memory leak but looks like people still getting crashes...I'll try myself in a bit and see if it works.

Ocirus

D2 patch notes said it fixed a rare memory leak but looks like people still getting crashes...I'll try myself in a bit and see if it works.

Good luck, Gaffer! I figured "hey, I'll make sure I play at least a couple hours, go around to all the planets, do lots of public events, etc." and it crashed within 7 minutes.

23qwerty

Got the game yesterday, played for around 4 hours total probably between then and now, no crashes so far. Ps4pro + 1080p
not sure if the crashes are supposed to start later or what

Man, you might as well put in that work order to Sony and get it over with. I had to do the same last week.

I would if I could but I can't where I live, I'd have to buy a new console altogether. Which is why I'm hoping somehow that it doesn't have to come to that and Bungie and Sony do something or atleast let us know that it is a problem with defective hardware.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue but I looked up the error code I got and it said something about the hard drive. As in I guess because I had replaced the standard hard drive for a 2tb it was the reasons for the crash? I also have a digital copy so I'm not sure if that would matter at all. Seems weird because this is really the only game I've ever had it happen on.

Mezoly

Maybe a fresh install with the new update will help?

I can't try that now, but anyone willing could report back here.

I have done a fresh install of everything. I re-initialized the PS4 using Safe mode then reinstalling the PS4 OS using a flash drive and then re-installed the game with PS4 basically wiped clean and it still crashed.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue but I looked up the error code I got and it said something about the hard drive. As in I guess because I had replaced the standard hard drive for a 2tb it was the reasons for the crash? I also have a digital copy so I'm not sure if that would matter at all. Seems weird because this is really the only game I've ever had it happen on.

I installed the game on an external hard drive and still crashed.

raizy

Neo Member
As I posted a few days ago, I got a replacement unit and by now I leveled my 2nd character and still not a single crash. I put in the same 2tb hard drive I had in my old Pro so I can pretty much assure you that the hard drive wasn't the issue.

ValeYard

As I posted a few days ago, I got a replacement unit and by now I leveled my 2nd character and still not a single crash. I put in the same 2tb hard drive I had in my old Pro so I can pretty much assure you that the hard drive wasn't the issue.

Hey, just to be sure: were you having crashing just on Destiny? And, could you see what they repaired?

I'm probably sending mine in to day. A massive roll of bubble wrap arrived from Amazon to pack the pro up with.

raizy

Neo Member
Hey, just to be sure: were you having crashing just on Destiny? And, could you see what they repaired?

I'm probably sending mine in to day. A massive roll of bubble wrap arrived from Amazon to pack the pro up with.

I haven't had any problems with other games, just Destiny 2 and it's beta.
I didn't send it in for repair, I called Amazon and they sent me a replacement right away and told me I can send back the defective by october.

ValeYard

are the fans loud before the crashes??

Not for me, and haven't heard this in reports.

I haven't had any problems with other games, just Destiny 2 and it's beta.
I didn't send it in for repair, I called Amazon and they sent me a replacement right away and told me I can send back the defective by october.

Ah ok, that's the best case scenario then. I just wonder, if I sent it in, whether they'll even find a fault.

Yep. Still crashing for me after deleting game data, doing a fresh install, and updating to the latest version. 10 minutes into exploring The Gulch.

Has disabling HDCP worked for anyone? I haven't tried that yet.

i-Lo

Yep. Still crashing for me after deleting game data, doing a fresh install, and updating to the latest version. 10 minutes into exploring The Gulch.

Has disabling HDCP worked for anyone? I haven't tried that yet.

Is any other game crashing now as well?

Is any other game crashing now as well?

That's the thing, this has literally only ever happened to me with Destiny 2 on my PS4 Pro. I also played through Rise of the Tomb Raider with no problems. Just finished Uncharted The Lost Legacy, too.

So it's only Destiny 2. But I did just learn that my HDCP is enabled, though I doubt that'll do anything.

i-Lo

That's the thing, this has literally only ever happened to me with Destiny 2 on my PS4 Pro. I also played through Rise of the Tomb Raider with no problems. Just finished Uncharted The Lost Legacy, too.

So it's only Destiny 2. But I did just learn that my HDCP is enabled, though I doubt that'll do anything.

Thanks. I thought HDCP is an integral part of the HDMI connection and wasn't aware its state could be altered. How does that work?

Disabling boost mode seems to have worked for me , i was having crashes every 15 minutes into a mission but since disabling boost mode no more crashes knock on wood.

ValeYard

Thanks. I thought HDCP is an integral part of the HDMI connection and wasn't aware its state could be altered. How does that work?

I think only some content requires the protection, e.g., netflix. So you can play a lot of games without HDCP on.

Dackelbein

Just called Amazon (Germany) and I'm getting a new Pro for free tomorrow (bought mine on release day last November).
Great service from Amazon - maybe they know about that error internally?

ValeYard

Just called Amazon (Germany) and I'm getting a new Pro for free tomorrow (bought mine on release day last November).
Great service from Amazon - maybe they know about that error internally?

Wow, how did you manage that? When I called they referred me to Sony, as Sony should still repair within the first year.

Anyone tried a safe mode, rebuild database yet?

Yes. Many of us have, including clean install of the FW.

Dackelbein

Wow, how did you manage that? When I called they referred me to Sony, as Sony should still repair within the first year.

I might have been lucky with my call - Explained my problems, error-code and told her all steps I tried to fix the problems (PS init., database rebuild, hdcp/boost mode off).
She said those steps are most important since she had to check them in her system so I could get a new PS4 Pro.

She immediately told me about sending a new PS after I described those steps, I didn't even ask for a new one before.

This is ridiculously frustrating. If this were happening to every other game I could see sending my console in. I don't want to have to do that when I have so many other games I could be playing.

Somebody over at Bungie/Sony PLEASE figure this shit out!!

Sygma

But did you have any issues with other games such as Raise of the Tomb Raider?

Bought the pro in July ^^' as far as RotR goes, I played it on pc

Ah, makes complete sense. Game was a mess after a couple of hours in, yesterday was smooth as hell

Kuosi

Sounds strange that a software issue would be able to lock the whole system down, usually that's caused by low level failure(driver/hardware)

Top Bottom