• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 crashes on PS4 Pro and 1080p?

Iorv3th

I've had HDCP and Boost mode disabled and the game still keeps crashing.

If yours is crashing after just 5 minutes it's probably your console.

Mine only crashed in EDZ and it happened twice in about 30 minutes, but after that it hasn't had a problem since.

I've been following this thread, and holding my breath, but i'm 15ish hours in and nothing's crashed on my Pro on my 1080p. Good luck, y'all having issues.

katsais

Another update....40+ hours of Destiny PvE...no crashes at all. Used a brand new D2 white PS4 Pro and launch black PS4 Pro. Not one issues, Panasonic 1080p TV/Benq 1080p gaming monitor.

Gonna get a 4K TV soon...can't wait to game on 4K as well.

If yours is crashing after just 5 minutes it's probably your console.

Mine only crashed in EDZ and it happened twice in about 30 minutes, but after that it hasn't had a problem since.

Maybe. But I'd like confirmation before I throw it out. Don't know what's taking them so long.

Stoffinator

Is your console already with them? I'm probably sending mine tomorrow, but don't want to just get it back with "nothing wrong with it" on it.

When you have it sent in I believe they just send you a refurbished console. They only check yours to make sure it wasn't modded etc. I think they know what the issue is with some of the Pros and is why they didn't ask to many questions about the issue. At least with me anyway.

Mezoly

When you have it sent in I believe they just send you a refurbished console. They only check yours to make sure it wasn't modded etc. I think they know what the issue is with some of the Pros and is why they didn't ask to many questions about the issue. At least with me anyway.

What do mean by modded? Mine has a 2TB Hard drive and I don't have the original HDD anymore, would that be considered modded?

Stoffinator

What do mean by modded? Mine has a 2TB Hard drive and I don't have the original HDD anymore, would that be considered modded?

No. I think it means to make sure you haven't fully opened up the console and added any chips etc to the motherboard or whatever they do to mod the consoles.

Mezoly

No. I think it means to make sure you haven't fully opened up the console and added any chips etc to the motherboard or whatever they do to mod the consoles.

Cool thanks. Hmm if they are going to send a different one, I might want to take the 2TB hard drive out and put my other 500Gigs HDD. But that would be weird considering no Pro came with less than 1TB and I don't want to mess with the crashing environment.

ViolentP

It’s weird that it could be hardware related if it’s never happened in any other game.

So prior to this, I had constant issues with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Being the only game I ever had issue with, I was certain it was a software issue. Now that the pattern is more defined where it is the exact same problem with Destiny 2, RotTR, and Diablo 3, I am starting to think perhaps it isn't software related. The fact that some have had success replacing their Pros was enough for me to go that route rather than wait out a patch that may not exist.

Returners

So prior to this, I had constant issues with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Being the only game I ever had issue with, I was certain it was a software issue. Now that the pattern is more defined where it is the exact same problem with Destiny 2, RotTR, and Diablo 3, I am starting to think perhaps it isn't software related. The fact that some have had success replacing their Pros was enough for me to go that route rather than wait out a patch that may not exist.

That's what I'm unforunately leaning towards. Raids are live and I can't do it with my clanmates.

EDIT: How long is the turnaround for a console repairs these days anyways?

Mezoly

That's what I'm unforunately leaning towards. Raids are live and I can't do it with my clanmates.

I requested service last Thursday and I'm getting the box today to ship my ps4 to Sony. The shipment was going through Texas, so Harvey had something to do with it. I would say 20 days +/- 5 days.

ViolentP

Irma screwed with my timetable but my box arrives tomorrow. Will update accordingly.

ValeYard

I'll keep you posted, once my console is gone. I'm going to call Amazon tonight, but otherwise the pro is being bubble wrapped and sent to Sony -- here, we don't seem to get the courtesy of having a coffin sent to us.

As this thread attests, this has been a weird problem with very little official response. It's difficult not to think that Sony isn't taking Pro customers all too seriously.

Muffdraul

Been playing on PS4 Pro since Saturday, hit level 20 last night, will wrap up the story campaign tonight. Zero issues so far.

Gator86

I've crashed on the way to the tower over a dozen times today. Just happened 4 times in a row. Can't make it there. Fix your fucking game, Bungie.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'll keep you posted, once my console is gone. I'm going to call Amazon tonight, but otherwise the pro is being bubble wrapped and sent to Sony -- here, we don't seem to get the courtesy of having a coffin sent to us.

As this thread attests, this has been a weird problem with very little official response. It's difficult not to think that Sony isn't taking Pro customers all too seriously.

what can they respond with outside of they are investigating with bungie?

Returners

I've gotten a new Pro. Spend the last 5 hours both in missions and EDZ public events trying to crash it.

It doesn't crash at all. I'm seriously starting to think it's hardware.

I'm putting in the HDD that crashed on me now. Will report back.

Hmm...I just checked on my system and none of the crashes are logged on the error history list either.

It's been 4 days since they said they were investigating it'd be nice if they actually would communicate more. Especially since they knew about this problem since the Beta and did nothing to fix it. TBH seems like Sony's trying to avoid a recall on units..

Ocirus

I'll be testing lots today... but I'm too darn tired right now. Will be on my November launch Pro, physical copy of game, and 4k TV.

EDIT: Screw it, can't sleep, testing begins.

OK, the firmware seems to have fixed issues on my end. I wasnt even able to get past the first mission before, and now I got to the EDZ with no issues.

I'll still wait to hear more from others before deciding to cancel my service request with Sony.

Markew001

Glad to see some good results from the FW update. I'll be testing it out tonight!

So far I've had one crash each play session. The first was on the first mission after getting to The Farm. I was able to complete the mission successfully later but then the game crashed again after I landed for the second mission. This was all on Pro w/ 4K TV.

Top Bottom