• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

Acorn

Man, I hate the Crucible so much I got an exotic from a match and I'm still not happy I played it. Lol.
I feel you, challenges aren't bullshit so far though.

Not looking forward to whenever they tie something really big to it with a bs challenge like "get 5 mid air fusion rifle kills from 5000m in a match".

I exaggerate slightly, but only slightly.

It's actually getting me to like it more and more. Maybe cuz I know where enemies are

Oh I know where they are. Side busting me 24/7.

Joking aside, I just hate how loose and random everything feels. And grinding out ability specific challenges has been the opposite of fun. I'd probably have a better time in competitive, but it seems like it would take a lot longer to complete the challenges that way.

purg3

slept with Malkin
looking for a good energy weapon for PvE to complement a Nameless Midnight, getting bored with Mida mini. I got what looks to be a decent pulse rifle - Last Perdition. it has Rampage and decent stats, anyone use this?

Also, I have a 304 Sturm I was thinking of infusing into an energy handcannon, are there any good ones to look out for? Otherwise I guess I would infuse that into the Better Devils or Sunshot I have.

I suppose there's no win-win situation for exotic drops, but place me in the camp that wishes they would tweak it just a bit so that they'd drop less often. Other than that, I'm having a blast with this game.

I mean, exotic was never meant to be taken as rare, though Bungle never communicates that well in game. The idea is that they have a unique/odd perk that can't be found in legendary guns. I think they should have named them something other than exotic then, if that was their intent, but oh well.

It's hard to keep up. Really is.

Wonder how many more pieces of armor there are. Hunter only?

Two or three at least. Im.guessing they are all part of the same "set", that AA1 thing or whatever, dunnk though.

And yeah at first I thought it was dumb to equate a country's flag to racism. Then I googled and realized kekistan is a fictional country made up by racists, online trolls, and alt right whackjobs. So I am totally fine with this artwork being removed from.the game.

I am definitely getting old though. There seem to be references like this that are super widespread and yet I know nothing about them. I just live in my bubble with my wife, my boston terrier, and my xbox. The world is going to shit anyway. Hopefully I'm dead before it comes apart at the seams fully lol.

Lakitu

st5fu
Exotics don't drop that often for me, RNGJesus hates me and I always seem to get the same Legendaries. I've got Scathelocke three times. Fuck you Rahool.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I've been sitting on the exotic engram decrypting part of the exotic quest for nearly nine hours now. They needed should've removed the three of coins.

looking for a good energy weapon for PvE to complement a Nameless Midnight, getting bored with Mida mini. I got what looks to be a decent pulse rifle - Last Perdition. it has Rampage and decent stats, anyone use this?

Also, I have a 304 Sturm I was thinking of infusing into an energy handcannon, are there any good ones to look out for? Otherwise I guess I would infuse that into the Better Devils or Sunshot I have.

Sunshot 10000%.

HMD

This has been an incredibly exhausting raid, the dogs part is just bullshit, so many wipes over things that simply should not happen.

What's a good legendary rocket launcher? They all pretty much seem the same to me.

Curtain Call with cluster bombs is decent. I'm still a bit early when it comes to legendaries, but it's been the best at velocity and punch thus far.

Edit: Aggressive Frame, Volatile Launch, High Velocity Rounds, Cluster Bomb

Edit2: Beaten like a lightless Guardian

Such a great weapon for pve! Explosive rounds help out a lot!

I did some testing though and explosive rounds arent THAT great if you are good at precision shots.

For instance against the same type of enemy, a precision hit with my Mida would do 300 damage. A precision hit with my nameless midnight knly did 200, and the explosion did 80. So that is less damage. The explosion hits nearby enemies too, but they have to be EXTREMELY close. You would be lucky to have it damage 2 or 3 enemies tops if they are tightly packed. So Mida > Nameless Midnight IMO in almost every conceivable situation, unless you are really bad at scoring crits. Even the I think Mida does more dmg with body shots too.

Handcannons on the other hand, probably wont precision hit quite as much, so tbe explosive effect helps out more than with scout rifles.

Also even with lower impact, exotics seem to hit harder than a same class weapon wirh higher impact that is only lgendary, if the impact isn't too mich higher.

I've been sitting on the exotic engram decrypting part of the exotic quest for nearly nine hours now. They needed should've removed the three of coins.

Break down the trans warp effect mods and other cosmetic mods from bright engrams.

Use the bright dust to buy Fireteam Medallions from Tess.

Get two friends and all 3 of you use a fireteam medallion.

Run public events.

You WILL get exotic engrams every 10-15 events give or take. I have gotten the exotic engrams VERY consistently.

JTran2003

I did some testing though and explosive rounds arent THAT great if you are good at precision shots.

For instance against the same type of enemy, a precision hit with my Mida would do 300 damage. A precision hit with my nameless midnight knly did 200, and the explosion did 80. So that is less damage. The explosion hits nearby enemies too, but they have to be EXTREMELY close. You would be lucky to have it damage 2 or 3 enemies tops if they are tightly packed. So Mida > Nameless Midnight IMO in almost every conceivable situation, unless you are really bad at scoring crits. Even the I think Mida does more dmg with body shots too.

Handcannons on the other hand, probably wont precision hit quite as much, so tbe explosive effect helps out more than with scout rifles.

Also even with lower impact, exotics seem to hit harder than a same class weapon wirh higher impact that is only lgendary, if the impact isn't too mich higher.

I like it cause most enemies cluster together in pve so it makes the other enemies either one shot or they die from another explosion. I get your point though and may consider other weapons but I don't have the mida yet so...

Kyoufu

They made it even easier to farm Exotic Engrams in Destiny 2. Pop a Fireteam Medallion and go do Public Events for 4 hours. You'll get plenty.

DNAbro

Even though we only made it to the second encounter, that was a ton of fun. Figuring out and executing the first one felt so good. Shout out to my raid group.

Skeletron

Anyone up for the raid in about 20 minutes? Need 2 more.

Skeletron, 280 Titan, PSN: Traxus12
Dodecagon, 282 Titan PSN: free_the_slaves
JTran2003, 272 Warlock PSN: JTran2003
Kard8p3, 285 Warlock PSN: Kard8p3
_______
_______

Got about one and a half stages in. Was fun but I won't lie there's some annoying bits and others that just feel unnecessary. Really lame that all gear we attained isn't anything outside of the ordinary but I guess you only get that via tokens and beating it. Got a good bit of the mechanics down at least.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
I've had multiple matches with this happening, people just leaving crests out :/

Its all the shitters looking for kill feeds and nothing else. "Look guys, I killed the most people!" (doesn't bother to cap any points or collects any tags)

Useless pigs like these have been a problem since COD.

EDIT!

Theres needs to be more punishment for quitters too. It's bad enough half the time when you're paired up against a whole clan and are partnered with scrubs, but have one quit? Or two? Good luck.

I just sit there and wait for the round to be over. It's absolutely pointless.

Badgerst3

Prepping for first raid ever. PL 240 and climbing. Glad to be in a Gaf clan. Hoping by the weekend.

A few noob raid questions:

1. Does your progress save somehow so you can return or do you have to do it with your party in one sitting?

2. I don't use a mic- big issue?

3. Generally how long does it take?

Not really a fan of the stealth and Pleasure Gardens aspect of the raid. This and the Gorgon part of VoG are not fun.

Yeah it's fuckin tedious

underwhelmed with raid so far

Bath house was ok I guess

I used to do old raids 3x a week I don't know if I want to do pleasure gardens 3x

Well, that was a new one. Played a strike, and right before killing the boss, it just kicked me right to the main menu, lol. No error message, nothing.

Teggy

Is there a way to change your face after you've already started playing? I jumped right in with my imported character, but at the first close up I realized I goofed.

G-Bus

Banned
Finally wrapped up the main quest line and working on doing all the adventures. Think I'm at 211 right now. Feels like this is gonna be quite the grind to hit 260.

Looking forward to raiding with the community. Missed out on that in D1 because I jumped in so late.

Top Bottom