• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Finally played the raid up to the last boss.

I love it. The raid is really fun. The area/aesthetics are great. The rooms are challenging and require very precise teamwork.

I guess that may be the hangup with most people. A lot of the time, it comes down to every person knowing and performing their role well. The thing I like about that is when you screw up, it’s your own fault.

Every member has their own actions in their own vacuum, which, when taken together with the rest of the team, leads to success.

It’s a very technical raid but that makes it much more exciting and rewarding to progress.

Also, the raid is just immense. Very impressive work.

Anyone up for trials still on PSN?

Name is Hero_1985_

Guess the person above was just taking a poll, 'cause I responded immediately and never heard from them. So, still need a group of 4.

Pastry

Banned
This week is tough but doable, especially if you've got high level people with you. The last room is a major pain in the ass if you don't have decent weapons, though.

I think I’m probably okay on weapons.

I imagine Riskrunner is really good in that final room.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If I played up to the final boss in the raid yesterday, can I join someone starting at the final boss today and it count as me finishing the raid? Or does it all have to be in one run?

gattsu

This week is tough but doable, especially if you've got high level people with you. The last room is a major pain in the ass if you don't have decent weapons, though.
What's good for the last room? I saw Datto using a fast ROF shotgun. Merciless maybe? Or that exotic rocket launcher for fast, huge, 1-shot dps?

JackHerer

Does anyone need to do a raid chest run? I've managed to solo everyone except this damn pipeline key.
It's got watchers above and below which makes it very difficult to solo.

I'll help you with any keys you have.

cakely

Tried it thrice and still can't beat it and I'm 298. You're better than I am. :lol

My fireteam/clan had a 301 titan that knew what he was doing. That really helped.

We exploited the oracle that you can make respawn between zones so we went into the final room with a little less than 13 minutes remaining.

The last room was still really hairy. We lost a bunch of time wiping at various phases in the fight, and there's nothing to do but watch the clock tick down over your ghost.

FYI, there were two times during the fight we saw the boss unmistakably fall off the catwalk and vanish. I thought we might have won right then but he returned both times.

Mikey Jr.

I wish there was some way to transfer the look of the exotic and put it into the stats of just a legendary or something.

Just so you can have the look of all exotics, but obviously only 1 piece would be exotic in stats.

DerekNYC

Haven’t attempted the Raid yet so I have a potentially dumb question - can you break it up over multiple play sessions? And if so, can it be with different people?

never been in raid yet on D2.. I am 273 so not sure if you need me / or if i am even high enough
If you don’t mind jumping to the end sure.
Haven’t attempted the Raid yet so I have a potentially dumb question - can you break it up over multiple play sessions? And if so, can it be with different people?
Yes to both.
When do you start?

PSN: SuperYlvis

296 Titan

Familiar with the mechanics.
Now, or whenever we get 6.

Sky Walker

Me and my friend wants to do the raid from the gauntlet. He is new for the raid but a fast learner and his light is 285-ish. I think we don't mind if we do it fresh if other players need it as long as we do the garden really fast :p

Need 4 players. Know what you are doing and have ghorn y3 light level 402:p

Grady

Tried my first ever destiny raid last night. Was 266 gear level. My lord....now I understand the no matchmaking.

We made it past the first part with the
unlimited spawning of enemies
. Was not expecting that level of intensity. The
pleasure gardens
is sooo dumb though. I understand teamwork, but this
hide and seek bullshit
is not fun to play. Will try again next week when I get closer to 280.

FyreWulff

Woo! Checked off Flawless Trials pretty early in this game.

DKazW-TVAAIQjdY.jpg:large

This was my first weekend playing Trials, so also my first time playing on Eternity.

Eternity is essentially what would happen if someone made a Halo 1 map, but with 5GB worth of textures. In a good way. Also, Countdown is actually fun on that map. I can't get into Countdown on the city map at all.

nowai

Do they attempt to skill match players in Crucible? That seems to be the norm for PvP games but Destiny doesn't seem to do it? There's always really wild differences in skill level in any given match, with some players getting efficiency ratings over 5 or 6 while others sit well below 1.

I'll take connection based match making over getting put up against someone on my skill level on the other side of the world any day.

FyreWulff

Do they attempt to skill match players in Crucible? That seems to be the norm for PvP games but Destiny doesn't seem to do it? There's always really wild differences in skill level in any given match, with some players getting efficiency ratings over 5 or 6 while others sit well below 1.

Skill is considered in all matches, but in Quickplay it's weighed well below Connection. Competitive is where Skill gets weighed a lot more.

Top Bottom