• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

Tovarisc

I like having dodge on mouse button in games that have a dodge (Hunter class ability) but wouldn't want all class abilities on a mouse button.

For example having a dodge on a hand that isn't also controlling directional movement is superior because if it's on a key such as F then it is hard to hit D and F in an non-awkward way. Suddenly dodging to the right feels clunky.

The way they have it now on V means I guess they want you to use your thumb but hitting V with my thumb isn't super ideal, or at least, I would prefer it on a mouse button.

But why not?

What harm is in having Hunter dodge and Warlock healing circle in same bind, e.g. mouse wheel click?

Air Move also need rebind because it most likely is e.g. Dawnblades air dodge.

-------
Something I doodled up while thinking what to move around.
M5oo0Dy.jpg
Character menu most likely to i because "inventory" and class ability to Mouse 3 on top of marked stuff.

Dec

But why not?

What harm is in having Hunter dodge and Warlock healing circle in same bind, e.g. mouse wheel click?

Air Move also need rebind because it most likely is e.g. Dawnblades air dodge.

-------
Something I doodled up while thinking what to move around.

Character menu most likely to i because "inventory" and class ability to Mouse 3 on top of marked stuff.

personal preference, I especially don't want to aim an ability and activate it with the same hand. That doesn't apply to the warlock well or the shield because they aren't aimed but I don't know every ability in the game so I don't know if others are aimed.

In the end I'm not angry over it or anything. Just wondering if it was there as I would make use of it. Not a big deal.

Tovarisc

personal preference, I especially don't want to aim an ability and activate it with the same hand. That doesn't apply to the warlock well or the shield because they aren't aimed but I don't know every ability in the game so I don't know if others are aimed.

In the end I'm not angry over it or anything. Just wondering if it was there as I would make use of it. Not a big deal.

Didn't mean anything by it. Just curious why you want / view it like you do. I get where you are coming from.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I keep getting an error when I click on the redeem a code link at the Blizzard shop.

border

Is there a quick way to get an beta code? I was just going to wait until open beta, but it suddenly dawned on me that I'm going to be out of town for the duration of the open beta period. Monday will probably be my only chance to play.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
8min ago Blizz tweeted about issues with account management that they are looking into. Most likely related.

Cheers, I'll just wait then.

Is there a quick way to get an beta code? I was just going to wait until open beta, but it suddenly dawned on me that I'm going to be out of town for the duration of the open beta period. Monday will probably be my only chance to play.

I just ordered from Amazon, redeemed the code and then cancelled the order (already got it from CDKeys).

HowZatOZ

Banned
Gosh I loved Amazon, even if I'm in Australia. Grabbed a key and downloading now! Super keen to try this out, I liked the concept behind Destiny but couldn't do it on console as I'm just not a console shooter by heart. Hopefully this scratches my sci-fi shooter itch!
How long did the Amazon code take? I'm worried that they might not get it to me in time.
Literally five seconds after I placed the order. It came seperate to the confirmation email.

Matty8787

Question?

I got mine through nvidia, I redeemed the key via Gefore Experience onto my battle.net account... Am I good to go? I am pre-loading right now.

ZugZug123

Amazon beta code email had an earlier time stamp than the order confirmation one lol

Pre-loading now. Excited to see what this is all about next week. Never played D1 but it was fun to see those Kotaku articles about the loot cave and Gallahorn and what not.

kuYuri

System requirements are weird in that they consider Ryzen legacy hardware? lol, it came out earlier this year.

Looking at it, that's pretty damn good. I'm guessing a G4560 and GTX 1050 as minimum means something like 720p/30fps, maybe even 1080p, while recommended specs can provide 1080p/60fps.

0racle

I think I downloaded it? the launcher does not work and looks like a generic icon on my desktop. is that because its not live?

Tovarisc

I think I downloaded it? the launcher does not work and looks like a generic icon on my desktop. is that because its not live?

It isn't live and you don't have .exe atm :b

Edit: BattleNet Launcher does work tho, just won't execute D2 yet

Pachimari

Ive pre-ordered the PC version on Amazon UK but haven't gotten a beta code?

I've talked to the customer support chat and they say I'll receive the code in 4-5 business days, at which point it'll be too late lol.

Sarcasm

Ive pre-ordered the PC version on Amazon UK but haven't gotten a beta code?

I've talked to the customer support chat and they say I'll receive the code in 4-5 business days, at which point it'll be too late lol.

There is an open beta. The preorder beta is like one extra day.

calmdown3vsfd.png

120v

dammit... wasn't looking at the calender. just assumed this was going to be a weekend thing. well bring it on regardless, i guess

Top Bottom