• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Dthomp

Ugh, not that I'm surprised but Iron Banner is still paying out the trash weapons that it has had the entirety of last year. Nothing new on the gun front. Nothing like slogging through sweatfests against 6 stacks for some meh looking armor without the chance of a sweet new gun dropping. Enjoy your 800th Roar of the Bear, don't forget to visit the Eververse for all your ornament needs. Can't wait til the season of the gun, where all new guns are put in teh Eververse.

had a pretty productive day. got myself both the Bad Juju and Last Word so that's 2 more down. gona work on Outbreak and Whisper next but might get a few other exotics first to help make the run on those smoother. anyone on PC if interested to do those with me, feel free to let me know. I know I can use the help for sure.

Neolombax

Is it me, or is the Iron Banner playlist only consists of the three new PVP maps? I played Twilight Gap 4 times in a row last night. Its a fun map, nostalgia and all, but its getting tiresome. I'm finally using something else other than Handcannons in PVP. Scouts are pretty effective in this sandbox, I have decently rolled Imperative.

I wished the Iron Banner weapons were new weapons, or at least have some new weapon designs or new perks. Bungie should really look into giving us more new loot next season.

VertigoOA

Banned
Sorry if this was posted:

the one punch build needs to go! thankfully it’s only gonna be around for three months. As a sentinel titan player ... all you bottom tree striker titans should go back to fortnite.... jabronies

AND the weaken de-buff from void grenades works in pvp... Still amazed that anti barrier rounds can shoot thru vex hydra shields. I didn’t expect new resistances, buffs and debuffs... biggest change to the game really

supers do indeed go down much easier now

It’s a dual-primary meta again. I’m running blast furnace/Luna until I get the new raid 140 or a slightly better range stat to my rapid hit/kill clip operative.

My Beloved/Austringer loadout should still work well but I’m gonna build the next one around thorn.

you want blast furnace with feeding frenzy and head seeker. Head seeker is incredible for the aggressive pulses.

I didn’t get to play IB yesterday. Can’t wait.

Banner is always ... nuts. It’s where players break the game’s sandbox. It can be infuriating. But I’ve never hated something so much and it kept me playing... but that’s crucible in a nutshell. Luckily the armor looks cool.

There’s still quite a few year 1 IB weapons that will be reintroduced. Frostmire’s Hex was an incredible rapid fire scout in the original year 1 sandbox and it would definitely make waves again.

I assume armor debuts in first IB and at least a weapon or two into the loot pool each on thereafter. New ones? Maybe But I don’t remember what’s left.

I’m still waiting for Uriel’s Gift to make a comeback. I still use it for fun sometimes to troll. It’s always good

Last edited:

Dthomp

That one punch titan move in crucible is so annoying and frustrating. REMOVE IT NOOOOOOW

I've seen some videos with dudes just doing this, leave it to titans to continue to be left OP at every turn. Can't wait for the fix 3 months from now...

Last edited:

Walledhouse

s34ab s34ab , just want to point out that every now and then you’ll consistently receive a Bright Engram; which have the cosmetics. I don’t beleive you get duplicates, but I could be wrong. Amanda Holliday also sells common ships; and you use shaders to pick whichever colours you want to seperate yourself. I’ve always had an abundance; and my friend who just started playing picked up a handful very quickly in New Light.

Sky burners oath is the sleeper busted op weapon....
Yes! :messenger_beaming: I was rocking it a month ago even and would be pleasantly surprised when I’d get unlikely kills; like the kind where you send a couple hipfires into a crowd as I jump away into cover and give someone an assist.

I asked all my mates to get into the game and they did! But then they said “Hey, what can we do?” and I was actually paralysed. I knew there was heaps to do but we ended up just going into the Nightfall and Strike playlists; a few nights now. It takes care of lining up stuff to do.

With a fireteam of four people, I should have thought of picking Gambit or Reckoning. But you also don’t want to thrust a level 750 into that mode.

I would love to do some Forges or Menagerie but they have quests to unlock; and it’s kind of non-trivial. Like getting 25 Elite kills with power-weapons is not something you can smash out with three guys fast.

I wish they allowed actual fireteams of four-six for Patrols / Escalation Protocol / Blind Well.

VertigoOA

Banned
I’d take new players into the menagerie. And I’d definitely run gambit and reckoning over strikes... cuz it’s more fun and the gambit prime loot table is arguably the best of them all.

Titans aren’t OP. Just the best class

hunters just run and hide. and Warlocks ... warlocks suck.

:messenger_beaming:

And of course here’s houndish spoiling everything... altars of sorrow, haunted forest, etc... *ahem* trials *ahem*

Edit: one-punch titan seriously needs to be removed from the game ... yesterday

Last edited:

Dibbs

Could be a dumb question, but, is it "worth" getting Forsaken after Shadowkeep? Isnt alot of Forsaken content already in the game after the move to Steam?

Could be a dumb question, but, is it "worth" getting Forsaken after Shadowkeep? Isnt alot of Forsaken content already in the game after the move to Steam?

I think it kinda depends on what you're aiming for in game. the story of Forsaken and some of the exotics are pretty cool so if you're into that sorta things it's worth it.

I'm honestly not sure about raid myself since I never did that much of it being a loner and all. how's the raid and raid gear of Forsaken anyway? never done that before.

also, while we're talking about gear. usually when you infuse a lower light gear with a higher light of the same kind, ie a 900 Dreambane Hood with a 920 Dreambane Hood, you only need to pay glimmer and not upgrade module, right? but how come I've in multiple occasions, had to use upgrade module to do it? it's not very often but I've ran into these like 4 or 5 times now.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I'm honestly not sure about raid myself since I never did that much of it being a loner and all. how's the raid and raid gear of Forsaken anyway? never done that before.

also, while we're talking about gear. usually when you infuse a lower light gear with a higher light of the same kind, ie a 900 Dreambane Hood with a 920 Dreambane Hood, you only need to pay glimmer and not upgrade module, right? but how come I've in multiple occasions, had to use upgrade module to do it? it's not very often but I've ran into these like 4 or 5 times now.

If you infuse a gear piece into a same gear piece it's only glimmer. If you put something into a different gear it costs Upgrade Materials.

If you infuse a gear piece into a same gear piece it's only glimmer. If you put something into a different gear it costs Upgrade Materials.

that's the thing thou, it's the same piece of gear. like the picture I attached, both are the same boots, just different light lvl. but it requires me to use upgrade module instead.

Dthomp

I think that may be a glitch, I had that happen a few times with pieces of gear. I did not realize it was the same named set.

dyergram

Can’t believe I finally got my Luna/recluse that solo comp playlist was a godsend. I knew it wasn’t my fault I kept loosing :/

Walledhouse

I ran Iron Banner last night. Basically “completed” it which seems weird to think about.

I believe me and a friend just did like 30 or something matches back-to-back over an evening. Sure, it’s kind of the same shit each time; but you are getting showered in rewards with actual higher light levels (sometimes) and the pursuit gets you changing your loadout.

I had a full-auto pulse rifle drop for me and cleaned house. Was a Warlock, but want to add that I love playing a charge Titan; hate playing against charge Titans.

Level advantage wise? The real thing I noticed was melee. People with higher light levels could tank an extra melee hit; so I often lost melee battles. Also sometimes you’d get two-burst pulse rifled but that may be possible normally.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
that's the thing thou, it's the same piece of gear. like the picture I attached, both are the same boots, just different light lvl. but it requires me to use upgrade module instead.

I think the version that drops from the pass and the version that drops from the activity are treated as 2 different things for some reason. Got me too.

MastAndo

Gold Member
The Recluse is something else. Paired with a Devour Warlock build with a Nezarec's (and the Wendigo I just got) and for the first time in a while, I actually feel overpowered. I'm able to do stuff like Vex Invasions solo, just melting everything without dying. Well worth the pain in the ass grind, especially now that it's been made easier.

I'm not really sure what to use in my primary slot if I ever decide to raid or something, since I haven't even really been using it. I'm thinking of doing the Izanagi's Burden quest (though I hear it's busted at the moment), but I'm not really a big fan of snipers. I want something with range that hits hard, so I'm considering a good Scout, but haven't quite gotten an ideal Imperative roll just yet.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I gotta say, after this IB slogfest, I am fully ready for Recluse, One Eyed Mask, and an Erentil Nerf, to go along with the Bottom Tree Striker, and Dawnblade ones coming. That shit is just not fun to play against all day long. Really a couple really OP apples away from what I think would be a pretty balanced crucible after those are hammered down.

got super lucky today. tag along to a couple doing Zero Hour and got my Outbreak. then they were kind enough to help me get Whisper AND the catalysts for it. we also ran the Thorn strike and got my Thorn done. so all in all it's been a super productive day.

Meted

Is there any reason to do the legacy quests? so far they all seem really poor compared to the strikes or other parts of the game

Typhares

Is there any reason to do the legacy quests? so far they all seem really poor compared to the strikes or other parts of the game

I'm doing them but there is no reason to. You don't even get an exotic or anything for finishing the campaigns.
You get the triumph points if you're into that.

Meted

I'm doing them but there is no reason to. You don't even get an exotic or anything for finishing the campaigns.
thanks, i think ill skip them. so much to do on top of the legacy stuff

VertigoOA

Banned
I didn’t get to play all week. Too busy at work...

Now to be busy at the job I don’t get paid for... guardian.

A nicely rolled antipope-d is alright

Walledhouse

Seems like until you complete Legacy: Warmind the door to Rasputin is locked; meaning you can’t get the final memory fragment needed for the exotic sparrow. Alternatively some other criteria was keeping the door shut. There was an interaction prompt I’d never seen on my other character that made some sort of denied note.

Fun note: your progress in Legacy: The Red War determines which vendors exist in The Farm; but completing it of course restores it back to just Tyra and the Postmaster. You could in theory keep Cayde-6 in your pocket dimension. Arcite 99-40 also features as an alternative Gunsmith-like vendor only during the campaign.

s34ab

Banned
s34ab s34ab , just want to point out that every now and then you’ll consistently receive a Bright Engram; which have the cosmetics. I don’t beleive you get duplicates, but I could be wrong. Amanda Holliday also sells common ships; and you use shaders to pick whichever colours you want to seperate yourself. I’ve always had an abundance; and my friend who just started playing picked up a handful very quickly in New Light.

Yeah. At the time, I had forgotten about the shipyard lady. But I don't like buying cosmetics like that. Thankfully, I got the Iron Banner ship (took 35~ wins out of 60~ games.)

Walledhouse

Played a bunch today. After you go into the pyramid is there anything else?
That is it for missions, sadly. Shortest campaign in the game’s history; but I see why they’d put emphasis on the repeatable activities and not one-and-done missions.

An exotic quest for a rocket launcher carries on after. Maybe someone past that can confirm, but I assume you one-by-one remove Eris’ ghost buddies over the season.

Dthomp

That is it for missions, sadly. Shortest campaign in the game’s history; but I see why they’d put emphasis on the repeatable activities and not one-and-done missions.

An exotic quest for a rocket launcher carries on after. Maybe someone past that can confirm, but I assume you one-by-one remove Eris’ ghost buddies over the season.

Yeah each week you do the weekly for Eris it will tell a story and remove a ghost

VertigoOA

Banned
Those Eris missions should lead into something... a cinematic at least. It’s similar to the weekly queens court and drifter weeklies... but unlike the dreaming city content... won’t vanish for good.

How many ghosts left? If all become completed ahead of the 29th when the dungeon drops... could be tied to that too.

the 29th should be a decent size drop... they split it up like that now for dataminers not to spoil everything.... and certification for console patches (thus why that patch seems to be substantial from the preview notes).

Last edited:

MastAndo

Gold Member
Anybody happen to have a Shattered Throne final boss checkpoint on PC and can help me finish that quest step for Izanagi's Burden?....then might want to run the Pyramidion Strike after that? I can just LFG for the strike if need be, but not looking to run the whole Shattered Throne. I'm looking to go at around 8:30-9 EDT (or later). Thanks!

Also, should I throw on Dreaming City armor for Shattered Throne (i.e. with Transcendent Blessing mods)? I guess it won't matter if they're just at 750 for this, will it? I don't have Whisper of the Worm either, will Sleeper Simulant do?

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
So you have to raid, the newest nightmare hunt difficulty, iron banner etc... to break 960.regardless, I can raid now... just want to worK on the armor a bit before I do.

I know some will complain but it’s the better setup for the power climb. I don’t think players should be able to hit max power without raiding... I mean that’s the whole point; grind to gear up for the raid. Ideally the raid should reward you with the best gear as well.

Well there is the artifact... but that’d take too long I think. It all does really.

Opulent Armor From menagerie still accepts the hive and leviathan mods in their year 3 version. A decked out set of that gear will still be a great set to take into crown of sorrow... or maybe any of the 4 leviathan raids.

Stat numbers on iron banner gear was ok. Upper 50s to 60. *just read IB was the most reliable for high stat rolls over the new raid. If your chance at 60+ armor is that low in the raid you should be able to get drops from it numerous times a week. It’s also make the raid playerbase healthier.

it seems like getting gear score up will be tough and maybe even meant to last the whole year.

it will be virtually impossible to get all your gear to 960 at the end of the season. Your power level over that will be because of the artifact. Keep in mind that will reset at end of season thus making those 980 power level activities impossible again.

(which leads me to believe that the reaching 999 score and soloing shattered throne to end the curse on the dreaming city and the still undiscovered wish.... is a thing)

I’d imagine the dungeon and master nightmare hunts will drop pinnacle gear.

vertigox86 on Psn... have x also but I forget my gt at the momenT.... raid season has begun

overall thoughts on the series since my first experience with the d1 beta...

D2 is much better than the first game. It also has so much goddamn content that it’s maddening. The future is exciting and I’d still like to see some changes. Luke Smith already mentioned that skill trees rework are up next ... most likely next fall. Raid loot has improved but they still need raid exclusive perks etc... once trials comes back it should be goat again.

Last edited:
Anybody happen to have a Shattered Throne final boss checkpoint on PC and can help me finish that quest step for Izanagi's Burden?....then might want to run the Pyramidion Strike after that? I can just LFG for the strike if need be, but not looking to run the whole Shattered Throne. I'm looking to go at around 8:30-9 EDT (or later). Thanks!

Also, should I throw on Dreaming City armor for Shattered Throne (i.e. with Transcendent Blessing mods)? I guess it won't matter if they're just at 750 for this, will it? I don't have Whisper of the Worm either, will Sleeper Simulant do?

didn't check forum yesterday so missed this. you got it done yet? I don't have the check point but I can help if you need extra body. and I'm pretty sure Sleeper or a regular Sniper will do just fine.

on a side note, I'm also on the Izanagi quest also but turns out it's bugged right now. after putting in the first 3 keys, ADA-1 won't give you the Black Armory Key Mold right now. Bungie had already acknowledged the problem and they still don't have any word on how and when it'll be resolve.

I also realized I still have one Iron Banner bounty I didn't finish... /facepalm

Last edited:

FUBARx89

I’d take new players into the menagerie. And I’d definitely run gambit and reckoning over strikes... cuz it’s more fun and the gambit prime loot table is arguably the best of them all.

Titans aren’t OP. Just the best class

hunters just run and hide. and Warlocks ... warlocks suck.

:messenger_beaming:

And of course here’s houndish spoiling everything... altars of sorrow, haunted forest, etc... *ahem* trials *ahem*

Edit: one-punch titan seriously needs to be removed from the game ... yesterday

Well.....duh? Titans have PERAGRINE GREAVES!

Warlocks have been decimated now like with titans getting weapons of light back and auto reload being gone. See how the lock mains like it.

....(I'm a lock main at the minute. That phat arse nova bomb dps is irresistible, even though going back to my titan last week threw me off for outbreak runs)

Dynasty8

D2 is much better than the first game. It also has so much goddamn content that it’s maddening. The future is exciting and I’d still like to see some changes. Luke Smith already mentioned that skill trees rework are up next ... most likely next fall. Raid loot has improved but they still need raid exclusive perks etc... once trials comes back it should be goat again.

Skill tree reworks? That'll be great. When did he say that?

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I've never done any raids and really don't know anything about them. Could someone please explain them to me. Not the mechanics but the point, how many, how to access etc

Anyone willing to be a Sherpa for a noob?

FUBARx89

^ What system you playing on?

Raids are end game content that is typically seen as the place to go for best weapons and armour. At the minute inc raid lairs there's 7.

Levithian
Eater of worlds
Spire of stars
Last wish
Scourge of the past
Crown of sorrows
Garden of salvation

The first three raids and crown of sorrow are launched from nessus. Bottom centre of the director.

LW is launched from Dreaming City top left corner and SotP is launched from EDZ off yo the right of the map on the director. Garden of salvation is launched from the moon on the top left of the director.

None of its matchmade, but there's places to find teams. They're a good thing to play but I'm not gonna lie, the destiny community can be arsey on the bungie app and not really wanting to take noobs through.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
^ What system you playing on?

Raids are end game content that is typically seen as the place to go for best weapons and armour. At the minute inc raid lairs there's 7.

Levithian
Eater of worlds
Spire of stars
Last wish
Scourge of the past
Crown of sorrows
Garden of salvation

The first three raids and crown of sorrow are launched from nessus. Bottom centre of the director.

LW is launched from Dreaming City top left corner and SotP is launched from EDZ off yo the right of the map on the director. Garden of salvation is launched from the moon on the top left of the director.

None of its matchmade, but there's places to find teams. They're a good thing to play but I'm not gonna lie, the destiny community can be arsey on the bungie app and not really wanting to take noobs through.
There are 7?! Woah. I need to start some. I'm ll925. That doable?

Best ones to start on?

VertigoOA

Banned
Skill tree reworks? That'll be great. When did he say that?

don’t remember if it was during one of his 3 directors cuts or another interview from thereafter.

He hinted at it the same way they originally said the armor rework was coming. I’d take it at certainty because it’s the next major request

Best ones to start on?

The year 2 ones are more friendly as the first three leviathan ones are more puzzle based and punishes for errors.

I’ve yet to play Garden of Salvation. Crown of Sorrow was my favorite despite being one of the smaller ones. It kinda just felt like a bite sized Kings fall from the first game.

Right!? We’re at 7 raids. First game had 4 at this point.

however I don’t think anything can be as good as VoG. Everything is more polished sure but the og raid was special and you’ll always see some kind of throwback to its design... because even when people thought they hated some shit... they loved it.

One of my favorite encounters was just the entire fire team sniping oracles from that ledge... even if it was a cheese

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

Best ones to start on?
I'd suggest joining the DestinyGAF clan and the discord if you want to find someone friendly to group up with for these.
I think I ended up getting Sherpa'd through Eater of Worlds first, then Leviathan.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I'd suggest joining the DestinyGAF clan and the discord if you want to find someone friendly to group up with for these.
I think I ended up getting Sherpa'd through Eater of Worlds first, then Leviathan.
I'm a member, would be interested in a short one first

VertigoOA

Banned
Now I have to farm bright dust for the La Parka skins... and they will all be mine (I’m kidding I already have enough bright dust :messenger_sunglasses:)

SimplisticZigzagJavalina-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

FUBARx89

don’t remember if it was during one of his 3 directors cuts or another interview from thereafter.

He hinted at it the same way they originally said the armor rework was coming. I’d take it at certainty because it’s the next major request

The year 2 ones are more friendly as the first three leviathan ones are more puzzle based and punishes for errors.

I’ve yet to play Garden of Salvation. Crown of Sorrow was my favorite despite being one of the smaller ones. It kinda just felt like a bite sized Kings fall from the first game.

Right!? We’re at 7 raids. First game had 4 at this point.

however I don’t think anything can be as good as VoG. Everything is more polished sure but the og raid was special and you’ll always see some kind of throwback to its design... because even when people thought they hated some shit... they loved it.

One of my favorite encounters was just the entire fire team sniping oracles from that ledge... even if it was a cheese

People argue LW is as good, if not better than VoG. I don't know how they can look at themselves in the mirror saying that.

I still run vog to this day if someone posts for a fireteam to run it or any d1 raid for that matter.

Garden is pretty good with what I've done on it, it's not as good as VoG or KF yet though. But they where something else entirely.

And cheese oracles. Takes me back. Think they fixed that finally lol, but it was always funner to be down in the thick of it.

What's this gaf discord? Cause al happily run destiny content with people from GAF on ps4 like.

Top Bottom