• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

kbear

Copped & downloading now... 91 gb
5bjaaL0.png

Mobilemofo

Will be on later. Joined a random clan recently. I'm 930 warlock. Using an exotic bray tec rocket launcher and fang Cross bow which is a fuckin joy to use.. Primary is a hand canon. Can't remember the name and the app is shitting itself since the android update..

kbear

I’m so weak, so feeble, so underpowered. Started at 750, played for 3-4 hours and am like 788. I’m getting rekt just running around the Moon. I started the Shadowkeep campaign and did the first mission and then it said to do activities, lost sectors, public events, etc., on the Moon to continue progress.

Well guess what? I’m so underpowered I can’t run around the moon. Found a lost sector to help fill up the bar and got 1-shot by a grunt. It was like 830 recommended. Tried a few public events, like for example one with the giant spider, and it’s not even worth doing because I’m barely able to dent it. Meanwhile some 930+ neckbeard flies in and one-shots it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I’m so weak, so feeble, so underpowered. Started at 750, played for 3-4 hours and am like 788. I’m getting rekt just running around the Moon. I started the Shadowkeep campaign and did the first mission and then it said to do activities, lost sectors, public events, etc., on the Moon to continue progress.

Well guess what? I’m so underpowered I can’t run around the moon. Found a lost sector to help fill up the bar and got 1-shot by a grunt. It was like 830 recommended. Tried a few public events, like for example one with the giant spider, and it’s not even worth doing because I’m barely able to dent it. Meanwhile some 930+ neckbeard flies in and one-shots it.

Loads of other content to work through. Probably hit up Shadowkeep later.

kbear

Looks like I was REEE’ing for nothing there, already up to 810. I missed the Destiny gunplay, the guns feel so satisfying

VertigoOA

Banned
Not sure how I feel about season of the dawn just yet. Kinda the nature of the rollout I guess.

sundial activity itself tho is meh. It is chaos tho. More like the forges than Menagerie. Not sure how it changes or if it does with the later bosses and hard mode.

The weapons are seen nice tho. Notice at least two new perks too. “Vorpal weapon” for instance does increased boss AND guardian super damage.

the new artifact mods and light buffs may drive me nuts. And it looks like I need to build a new armor set to use them.

last season’s armor is obsolete for this season it looks. However won’t it still be the better armor for garden raiding? Which means what? Garden armor from the raid still being the best to chase for endgame since they accept dreambane and raid mods.

I guess it depends if this new light power consumption stuff becomes meta for the time being. I’d build the new sets with pvp in mind because once the artifact resets I imagine so will dawn armor’s usefulness — they look good tho.

looks like saint 14 will be a vendor in the tower at some point. That seems timegated till next week at least.

and then there’s the one hidden heavy exotic in the database. Could it be another whisper/zero hour? Honestly, the game needs a new mission like that.

That and bringing at least the year two raids back into weekly rotation For the pinnacle chase.

Ps- the vanguard sidearm is supposed to be amazing for pve. And they did get a buff in overall accuracy so they may be meta...

Pps - bottom tree sun breaker titan got its own buff too and may be the way to go this season

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
... there’s story missions.

missed it at first and it takes a bit to unlock access too

But

it was new, had tons of dialogue and one of the best musical pieces in franchise history... also a bit tough for a story mission.

And that was part 1. Will be a time gated rollout...

I can see the activity being removed but I don’t see this story content being removed. Nice surprise

Last edited:
Haven't touched the new content yet, gotta wait. Since the last time Steam got hacked I don't keep my credit card info on it and apparently the only way to buy silver is through the Steam store and you can't get it gifted to you, buy it on Amazon or anything else. Which is pretty annoying. So I've gotta get a Steam gift card next time I'm out. Was really tempted to plug in that info and boot up the game but I'm at 400 hours since it hit Steam so I guess I needed this break.

VertigoOA

Banned
Uriels Gift, Old Fashioned and Hawthorne’s shotgun are all back amongst others.

I got hawthorne’s with grave robber and one-two punch and range master... so I got lucky with the godroll right away.

howEver being a handcanon whore I have to chase old fashioned... it may still be the best overall 140. We shall see. Also, still not a huge fan of spare rations in current sandbox (console).

Im warming up to this content trickle. Soooo much loot. So many weapons. Dig the existence of new perks.

The Sundial is still meh but that story mission was still a nice treat and looking forward to its continuation.

Empyrean Foundation better be a Raid-lite activity/whisper quest. If so I will be happy with what they’ve done here.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Its doing huge numbers again. 1.6 million logged yesterday into pve activities, 1.3 in pvp. Hasn’t left the top 5 on Steam either. And new light didn’t give that much of a boost either. Userbase grew by approx 2 million since shadowkeep launch. These numbers are representative of its hardcore players who just ... Destiny.

haters can suck my dick

Trials card has been popping up as a bug for many players. It’s coming.

I’d put money it being Trials of Saint 14. There’s no way they’re gonna keep such a huge character In the game for only 3 months.

I also hope that story missions stays as well. We know activities will leave but they only said activities would leave... That Saint 14 story mission was easily one of the best in the game in general. Part 2 drops tomorrow.

Last edited:
I want to come back but these bite sized DLCs are so underwhelming. Another horde mode. Fighting the same enemies we've been fighting since 2014.

I know i'm in the minority but i'd rather see bungie drop D2 to focus on a full realized D3 than keep D2 alive with this anemic content.

I want to come back but these bite sized DLCs are so underwhelming. Another horde mode. Fighting the same enemies we've been fighting since 2014.

I know i'm in the minority but i'd rather see bungie drop D2 to focus on a full realized D3 than keep D2 alive with this anemic content.

I actually like the content because the drip feed is week to week, I legit often have more to do than I can do. If I have qualms it's with the light level not boosting more, or that pinnacle rewards should take you at least 20 higher, not just 10, something like that.

I actually like the content because the drip feed is week to week, I legit often have more to do than I can do. If I have qualms it's with the light level not boosting more, or that pinnacle rewards should take you at least 20 higher, not just 10, something like that.
I'm overwhelmed by the number of things to do. I'm focusing solely on my titan for now. But i'm not excited.

VertigoOA

Banned
Light level shouldn’t have been increased at all. The power grind is useless to me. It’s just a dick measuring meter at this point to show that you raid. And then they increased it when there was no need.

took me 3 months to hit 957 on gear score last season :/

there’s no point... at least it gets more people into the raids however

Last edited:
Light level shouldn’t have been increased at all. The power grind is useless to me. It’s just a dick measuring meter at this point to show that you raid. And then they increased it when there was no need.

took me 3 months to hit 957 on gear score last season :/

there’s no point... at least it gets more people into the raids however

I maxed my gear score last season and I did the Raid twice, I really don't think it's required and this season I'm going to do it even faster because last season I wasn't doing master nightmare hunts/nightfalls week 1.

VertigoOA

Banned
I maxed my gear score last season and I did the Raid twice, I really don't think it's required and this season I'm going to do it even faster because last season I wasn't doing master nightmare hunts/nightfalls week 1.

Your gear score did not hit 960 with two raids. Altho... across three character with iron banner on the three. Maybe

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I think mostly excited for next gen to play this 4K 60 on consoles more than anything. I’d be playing but my Ps4 is too busy copying the entire fucking game for a 150mb download update.... :messenger_neutral:

Dthomp

I'm with you, they focus too much now on these honestly dumb horde modes for each season and all the things many loved from the first game continue to be ignored (Vendors, Factions, Story). I can't see how anybody after playing this version of Destiny that they make would be excited about a D3 that is just more of this crap. Did Shadowkeep even have a story? I'd much rather they go back to a focused yearly DLC much like Forsaken, Taken King, etc then this small crap. I don't see any reason to log on more then once a week....if even that with the way this is rolled out. I'm not excited to play 1 mission each of 2 or 3 weeks to get the story and grind more activities I don't want to play (Gambit/Strikes) to level up obelisks. This game is a mess, I'd prefer significantly less overall activities and have a better focus on the ones that need it.

VertigoOA

Banned
Both Shadowkeep and Forsaken were larger than their d1 counterparts. And there was nothing in between those releases.

Can’t even say dark below or house of wolves was any better than CoO aside from the Crota’s End and I enjoyed PoE but those games literally had no new environments, played strikes in reverse whereas the d2 counterparts still dwarf them. Whereas the negativity from d2 year 1 stemmed from the sandbox getting neutered fir casual appeal.

Were just getting more of what was and more in between. And there’s overall more story in d2 than d1 on top of that. Shadowkeep has the best story as far as I’m concerned and not just from the lore point of view. It’s the first piece of narrative to actually move the main plot forward. The ending was awesome cliffhanger or not

I’ve also learned that best destiny is when people never stop complaining about wanting more reasons to play everyday.

strikes always sucked so I actually prefer straight up bang bang modes with good loot. I’d rather grind gambit than strikes anytime.... well nightfall the ordeal is good tho.

not a fan of the holiday events tho... never been. Altho nightmare forest is pretty decent. SRL will forever be missed tho... decent waverace knockoff

and let’s keep in mind this filler content will go away. It’s not going to pollute playlist stuff and other activities.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Saint 14 has suddenly appeared in the tower :messenger_open_mouth:

He has 3 new quests... and umm

trials symbol on the floor of his tower location ...

:messenger_open_mouth: :messenger_open_mouth:

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I just started this back up. I played Destiny 1 heavily. Man there is a lot of content now.

However on PC has anyone else noticed the shocking amount of cheaters? Not just PvP but also in Strikes now. One shotting bosses and the like. It's really surprising because when I played about a year ago there was maybe only one cheater in PvP in every hundred matches. Now it's rare to not see cheaters. Again in PvP or PvE.

VertigoOA

Banned
Melting a boss is necessarily a cheat. This season is more buggy than the game has ever been tho with wishender doing 4x it’s normal damage etc

I don’t hear much about “cheating” outside the usual pvp network manipulation stuff, etc...

I just started this back up. I played Destiny 1 heavily. Man there is a lot of content now.

However on PC has anyone else noticed the shocking amount of cheaters? Not just PvP but also in Strikes now. One shotting bosses and the like. It's really surprising because when I played about a year ago there was maybe only one cheater in PvP in every hundred matches. Now it's rare to not see cheaters. Again in PvP or PvE.

In PVP you're most likely encountering mechanics you don't understand. You don't know how often my friend thought people were cheating when hey simply had the right piece of exotic gear on. Melting bosses is just how Strikes are now, tbh, most people with the right setup can melt a Strike boss, the rare exceptions being the ones that have gates between damage phases.

Dthomp

In PVP you're most likely encountering mechanics you don't understand. You don't know how often my friend thought people were cheating when hey simply had the right piece of exotic gear on. Melting bosses is just how Strikes are now, tbh, most people with the right setup can melt a Strike boss, the rare exceptions being the ones that have gates between damage phases.

Nah man, check out yt. PC cheating all over the place, not dying, or dying and instantly reviving in the same spot. Speed hacks, wall hacks, apparently it’s bad. Another reason I stick to console for the rare times I log on anymore

Nah man, check out yt. PC cheating all over the place, not dying, or dying and instantly reviving in the same spot. Speed hacks, wall hacks, apparently it’s bad. Another reason I stick to console for the rare times I log on anymore

I can see there are youtube videos of hacks, but at over 400 hours played on Steam so far I've never run into these things myself. They clearly happen but they seem rare.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

I played a little more and it seems you're right about PvE. Once I switched my spec up and put on an exotic to complement it I can use chaos reach to burn down many early strike bosses as soon as they appear, so long as others in my team are also shooting them.

The crazy long range head shots in PvP while they're using things like hand cannons doing the same damage as sniper rifles: I still don't know. Seems suspect.

Last edited:
I played a little more and it seems you're right about PvE. Once I switched my spec up and put on an exotic to complement it I can use chaos reach to burn down many early strike bosses as soon as they appear, so long as others in my team are also shooting them.

The crazy long range head shots in PvP while they're using things like hand cannons doing the same damage as sniper rifles: I still don't know. Seems suspect.
I would question that because hand cannons got pretty bad range nerfs.

RAL1992

If your looking for a good hc dont sleep on the Jack queen king 3 from the nessus obelisk, great in pve and pvp

VertigoOA

Banned
Jack Queen King and Old Fashioned both seem to be a bit bugged from early observations by not having the recent recoil animation fix. You’re still better off with an Austringer or Spare Rations.

Sidearms have risen in the pve meta with the returning Lost Hope w/ damage perks outperforming recluse, especially when considering range and accuracy.

From sundial you definitely want to farm the scout with rapid hit and explosive payload, and get both pve and pvp rolls for the new Saint 14 sidearm and traveler’s judgement.

PS - vorpal weapon also does additional damage to majors and not just bosses in pve.

PVP is a bit of a mess but the new meta usually falls into a comfortable spot during spring and summer season. I feel like armor 2.0 along with other sandbox changes have done a lot of craziness to the crucible this year. But like I said, every year that seems to find it’s best state during spring and summer. (Year 1 summer D2 after the “go fast” update and its pulse rifle meta for instance. Or last year when hand canons reigned).

My personal observation. I have every reason to believe that an aggressive pulse, in particular, BLAST FURNACE is once again the way to go on console. Pair that with a a side arm that melts in crucible and you’ll have a dangerous dual primary setup. I don’t like abandoning my sniper rifle tho.

Not too crazy about this season. I just want to get everything done with so I knock out a few single player games for a bit. The sundial activity is most meh but the loot from it is exceptional. I can get like 3 drops per run now and 5 weapon bounties. I’m gonna start messing around with infinite shotgun ammo builds with the new mods soon. And it looks like those mods will STILL exist when the season is over so get your hands on them now! As well as keeping armor sets that can use them!

it’s not over yet and there’s still a bit more; at least two exotic quests and the empyrean foundation thing. All I know is that a new dungeon or whisper quest would be perfect right now because the dawning is trash. The new story missions have been the best thing mostly and there’s rumored/datamined that there may be one more.

Raiding has been dying off a bit because of the power level increase as well. The chase isn’t there.

Now more than ever they need to reintroduce older raids into rotation In addition to trials. Pinnacle endgame activities need help in both areas

Last edited:
I don't get what happened to PVP between console and PC, because in D1 I used the same types of weapons as I do now in D2 on PC but I keep hearing the console meta is totally different so I'm wondering what happened, did they just optimize better for PC than console?

I think part of why raiding is dying off is because you don't need to do it, which is sort of what you're saying but their raids are obnoxiously glitchy and require complex mechanics to work. The raids need simpler mechanics if they're going to be so full of glitches and maybe feel epic through the scale of the activities, like how huge Oryx was at the end of King's Fall, that raid was probably as complicated as D1 got and still doesn't touch how ridiculous the final encounter of this new raid is to get to work. As someone who spent more time in raids in D1 than any other activity I barely do them in D2 because I have way more fun doing Pit of Heresy, Master Nightmare Hunts and 980 Nightfalls to get pinnacles, they're all challenging and actually fun.

VertigoOA

Banned
Garden is way more simple than King’s Fall. I think it’s the most simple out of all the bigger destiny raids. Leviathan is a different story however.

Console and PC handle recoil differently. There’s a bit more variety in the console space in some ways because of it. On pc you should be worried less about stability perks and rolls and be more concerned for range (hand canons sorta excluded).

VertigoOA

Banned
New overpowered builds that can significantly increases pvp ttk have begun to creep up as players finally get their hands on the obelisk mods...

Basically you equip one of the mods which allow shotguns or fusions to gain a charge with light stack on a double kill. Having the “stacks on stacks” mods also equipped gets you two stacks of charged with light instead of one. And there’s a raw damage boost for charged with light that makes a duke 2-tap without a damage perk and revoker be a body shot kill, etc...

With these new armor and mods there also exist bonuses while having a new mod equipped in addition to another one of matching affinity. One that’s can increase mobility by 20 points etc... supposedly it is now possible to build a guardian with 100% stat points across mobility, resilience and recovery with them.

There’s about to be invisible hunters with shotguns everywhere ....

It seemed first assumptions about the new armor mods not being worth it by day to etc... may have been wrong. While they may have not shown their usefulness in raiding and other endgame activities... it will have an influence on some pvp builds. It’s both interesting and terrifying.

Trials is going to drive player insane when it first launches and for some bad reasons as well. Crazy builds that players and bungie may not have an answers to and free accounts allowing hackers to run wild and keeping making new characters after each ban (which may lead to trials being behind a paywal).

Last edited:
Garden is way more simple than King’s Fall. I think it’s the most simple out of all the bigger destiny raids. Leviathan is a different story however.

Console and PC handle recoil differently. There’s a bit more variety in the console space in some ways because of it. On pc you should be worried less about stability perks and rolls and be more concerned for range (hand canons sorta excluded).

So much of Garden is relying on other people doing the right thing. Especially the final encounter. The mechanics are so easily messed up, in particular the line, all of a sudden you're tangled in the line and can't shoot the sacrifices, or the line isn't catching the next guy for some reason. Even the boss DPS phase you often need to wait for him to hit the air to get good shots in because he'll block his own crit with his hand or something or be facing in a poor direction. There might be more directions to give people in King's Fall's final encounter but there's rarely so many issues getting them done.

VertigoOA

Banned
Start hoarding completed Spider bounties for next week. You need to complete ten for the new exotic quest as one of its steps.

Actually I don’t remember if that was datamined for the exotic sidearm or fusion. Whatever I think it’s for next week..

I’m quite impressed by the field prep/trench barrel Perfect Paradox. It behaves different with field prep than other weapons because the reload speed changes while in animation when either crouching or standing.

VertigoOA

Banned
Since we’re due for a new quest like it ... found a great vid highlighting the outbreak prime and outbreak perfected quests.

He has a few more vids like this but I really enjoyed this.

VertigoOA

Banned
New secret quest out... it’s a fucking maze. I got pretty far to the room with the tree but I ducked up. Community is working on it.... ummm

surprise

Edit: streamers are working on it... it’s bizarre.

Edit 2: seems to be like the Niobe labs puzzle. The obelisks give out hints with rotating symbols each hour. Pretty nuts. No way I’m doing this...

edit 3: made random post last night about the game needing something of this sort and it happening the next day... I swear i know nothing!

edit 3: we got datto doing doing fucking trig to solve it!:messenger_tears_of_joy:

This is too nuts and out of nowhere .... I bet it’s gjallajorn

edit 4: seems to be 19 combination strings. Players have figured out 7 of them. A piece of lore for each combination.

There’s also a grave with a sword carved and placEd onto it... the kicker? It’s our guardian’s grave!?

There was a previous leak that mentioned Dark Drinker returning to the game so that COULD be why there’s a sword.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
10 codes of 19 solved. The internet has been at this for almost 7 hours now lol

Leaked dialogue about our Guardian’s desth

Edit: This shit is insane. Just an insane puzzle. They’re still going at it and are trying to piece a map route out of all the combinations they know so far to exit the loop in The Lost Woods. That’s basically what it is... a fucked up version of Zelda’s lost woods.

the streams are pretty much glad, datto, the girl from raid secrets On reddit and 20,000 people trying to solve it with them going thru random sequences and knocking them all off a list.

this is Niobe labs 2.0 but without much combat at all. It’s just a fucking maze.

Hoe do they even think of this yet. Nerds

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Gladd and crew brute forced the exit maze... for the first step.

So it took them 10 hours to have enough combinations elimated to create an exit path for the maze. There were about 600 combinations left until they came across the right sequence of 11 symbols by chance just by handing out random series to the community and having them try them all out individually.

An emblem was unlocked.

But it’s not over....

You start seeing a new sequence to another layer to the maze puzzle. However it gets crazier because now the images are user based, change each run, if you have a team of 3 each member gets a different image, and... and... these images change by the hour so now they need to crowdsource images from the entire community and overlay them and see if any match.

This is gonna take awhile.... days maybe... I’m out. Bungie is nuts

Gladd made a killing tonight it seems

Last edited:
Top Bottom