• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Trogdor1123

Work on tribute hall challenges on Nessus to unlock Bad Juju quest. the quest unlocks after I think 15 of them or something like that

You definitely want to try both Zero Hour and Whisper of the Worm quests at some point.

Yea you can probably kill a lot of time just chasing exotic quests. I think both Thorn and truth require fireteam activities at some point.
Got bad juju but not zero hour. I think thorn requires the arms dealer strike which is hard at the end.

Been focusing on doing some missions the last couple days. Completed the one for Bastion just now, the pack of wolves catalyst, Truth, and I'm working on the solar machine gun, and Rose next. It is taking a while those ones!

Don't get me started on the catalysts for Arianna's vow and Symmetry!

Any suggestions on what else to work on? Open to some team ones like the "arms dealer" if anyone wants to. I've tried it so many times and always lose on the boss.

the video below is for the Sleeper Simulant catalyst but it works for most catalyst that require you killing tons of stuff. go to 30 seconds or so for the easy way to grind those kills. it's boring as hell but it'll get it done fast.

Work on tribute hall challenges on Nessus to unlock Bad Juju quest. the quest unlocks after I think 15 of them or something like that

You definitely want to try both Zero Hour and Whisper of the Worm quests at some point.

Yea you can probably kill a lot of time just chasing exotic quests. I think both Thorn and truth require fireteam activities at some point.

Bad Juju is good in theory but I honestly can't think of any use for it in the current meta, especially since we get super really fast already. thou the no reload part is nice so it's good for wiping trash adds when doing stuff.

and yeah, get Whisper first for sure, since it's still a pretty often use weapon in a lot of group activities. Outbreak Perfected (Zero Hour quest), while kinda fallen out of the "meta", is still hella good even by itself, and more so if you have others in the team using it, so definitely get that too. for Rose/Lumina you'll need a team at some point, and Thorn can be solo for the most part up til the strike I think. if you're on PC and need help, let me know.

Trogdor1123

the video below is for the Sleeper Simulant catalyst but it works for most catalyst that require you killing tons of stuff. go to 30 seconds or so for the easy way to grind those kills. it's boring as hell but it'll get it done fast.

Bad Juju is good in theory but I honestly can't think of any use for it in the current meta, especially since we get super really fast already. thou the no reload part is nice so it's good for wiping trash adds when doing stuff.

and yeah, get Whisper first for sure, since it's still a pretty often use weapon in a lot of group activities. Outbreak Perfected (Zero Hour quest), while kinda fallen out of the "meta", is still hella good even by itself, and more so if you have others in the team using it, so definitely get that too. for Rose/Lumina you'll need a team at some point, and Thorn can be solo for the most part up til the strike I think. if you're on PC and need help, let me know.

Appreciate it.

Beat the arms dealer last night with a pug. Took forever and one dude really carried out team. Was kind of a nail biter near the end. Very fun. Wife said she could hear me swearing in the basement haha.

All that for a bow... Is it any good? I shut down right after getting it.

Trogdor1123

Ok, the bow is pretty great. Slow but great.

I totally forgot to do the ikelos stuff from Warmind. Doing it now. Just did the powerful enemies and in to 5 striked

Leviathan's Breath is good for doing NF and you need something for the unstoppable champs without putting another mod on. I think the Devil's Ruin energy sidearm can disrupt unstoppables too if you want to keep the heavy slot open for something else to deal dmg. Divinity (overload), Eriana's Vow (barrier), Devil's Ruin and Leviathan's Breath (unstoppable) are great for these kind of setups, so having them around won't hurt.

VertigoOA

Banned
June reveal for fall dlc (it would’ve been revealed at or around e3 anyway). Second collapse rumored. There’s leaks roaming about.

Next DLC called Destiny the Collapse. Darkness arrives. Europa and pyramid ship are new locations. Darkness abilities etc...

I thought this fall would be the return to the dreadnaught. However, shadowkeep was a stop gap. If dreadnaught got moved it would be cool if that’s the summer event bungie mentioned... because the leaks indicate something much Bigger for fall.

If they do carry D2 forward they’re going to need at least need an engine rework for next gen.The larger open public spaces leaked for D3 and pvpve should facilitate a need for new engine.

And I think they are going forward with d2 for quite a bit. Otherwise giving weapons a 9-15 month window of usefulness doesn’t make sense to announce.

Essentially D3 has been made into this fall’s dlc. They retrofit the last two years of D3 development to D2.

he gets to the point at 8 mins:

I believe it. Most Destiny leaks these last two years have been... 100% true

If D3 does happen... I have a feeling our guardian dies at the end of D2 just like the vision we saw in corridors of time for our grave. I expect our guardian to then be resurrected by the Darkness to launch darkness abilities, a fresh start and to enable to pvp portion of the pvepvp public spaces rumored.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

June reveal for fall dlc (it would’ve been revealed at or around e3 anyway). Second collapse rumored. There’s leaks roaming about.

Next DLC called Destiny the Collapse. Darkness arrives. Europa and pyramid ship are new locations. Darkness abilities etc...

I thought this fall would be the return to the dreadnaught. However, shadowkeep was a stop gap. If dreadnaught got moved it would be cool if that’s the summer event bungie mentioned... because the leaks indicate something much Bigger for fall.

If they do carry D2 forward they’re going to need at least need an engine rework for next gen.The larger open public spaces leaked for D3 and pvpve should facilitate a need for new engine.

And I think they are going forward with d2 for quite a bit. Otherwise giving weapons a 9-15 month window of usefulness doesn’t make sense to announce.

Essentially D3 has been made into this fall’s dlc. They retrofit the last two years of D3 development to D2.

he gets to the point at 8 mins:

I believe it. Most Destiny leaks these last two years have been... 100% true

If D3 does happen... I have a feeling our guardian dies at the end of D2 just like the vision we saw in corridors of time for our grave. I expect our guardian to then be resurrected by the Darkness to launch darkness abilities, a fresh start and to enable to pvp portion of the pvepvp public spaces rumored.

That actually sounds great. I'd buy that for sure.

Any thoughts on Edgewise? Just completed the quest. Seems ok. Sleeper is a disappointment so far

it's not a bad gun to have for PvE stuff, but 21% Delirium kinda had it beated in that regard. also, Sleeper got nerfed to hell a long time ago so it does seem rather underwhelming right now. hopefully they can buff it back up a little. it's still pretty good for stuff like Gambit thou.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

it's not a bad gun to have for PvE stuff, but 21% Delirium kinda had it beated in that regard. also, Sleeper got nerfed to hell a long time ago so it does seem rather underwhelming right now. hopefully they can buff it back up a little. it's still pretty good for stuff like Gambit thou.
How do you get delerium?

Just looked... That will be a real grind

Last edited:
How do you get delerium?

Just looked... That will be a real grind

haha, yeah, it's one of the ritual weapons so it does involve a pretty long grind to get, but it really is pretty awesome. having 250 machine gun rounds in the mag and auto refills whenever you pick up heavy ammo is REALLY useful in PvE, especially Nightfall and what not.

Trogdor1123

haha, yeah, it's one of the ritual weapons so it does involve a pretty long grind to get, but it really is pretty awesome. having 250 machine gun rounds in the mag and auto refills whenever you pick up heavy ammo is REALLY useful in PvE, especially Nightfall and what not.
Guess my next quarantine grind was just decided

VertigoOA

Banned
Delirium is great. Excellent for pve activities. You can spam it like a primary throughout the entirety

Hammerhead from the forges is the best for both pve and pvp however.

Thunderlord quest is there somewhere too but I don’t know how that’s accessed. I got it when it was a timed release.

Trogdor1123

Delirium is great. Excellent for pve activities. You can spam it like a primary throughout the entirety

Hammerhead from the forges is the best for both pve and pvp however.

Thunderlord quest is there somewhere too but I don’t know how that’s accessed. I got it when it was a timed release.
Thunderlord is possibly the goat. It's my second favorite gun after risk runner. Even a scrub like me can do good with them

VertigoOA

Banned
The leaks are gaining more traction due to in-game changes.

At the Rasputin bunkers the amount of triangle ships has increased on the display. If they keep to this rate, they will enter the game’s solar system within 8-10 weeks time.

Trogdor1123

The leaks are gaining more traction due to in-game changes.

At the Rasputin bunkers the amount of triangle ships has increased on the display. If they keep to this rate, they will enter the game’s solar system within 8-10 weeks time.
Finally something big! Looks exciting.

So gambit is fun but can be so infuriating... Trying for 21% delerium is going to be a real grind. Got about 1k experience last night but 15 will be a real grind without an experience weekend.

Can someone explain pinnacle gear to me?

Is it big powerful drops or something else?

VertigoOA

Banned
Powerful gear brings you up to soft level cap of 1000 for armor and weapons.

Pinnacle gear are drops that can go higher than 1000 that come from sources like iron banner, garden of salvation raid, pit of heresy dungeon, trials of Osiris, 100k nightfall completions and master nightmare hunt completions. There are supposed to be more pinnacle power drop sources coming this season and perhaps next week with the Guardian Games seasonal event. Bungie changes the way power works quite often. I wouldnt sweat it too much unless planning to play Trials or Grandmaster nightfalls. It’s mostly used to keep players in rotation for playlists.

However once you increase passed power lvl 1000, like 1006 for instance .... powerful drops don’t stay capped at 1000 and drop at your current lvl to round off pieces of your loadout.

If you want to chase power casually Iron Banner this week is the way to go. When that is done I would say the Pit if Heresy dungeon is your next move. It’s a great experience and not too complex where it would go horribly wrong like a raid.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Powerful gear brings you up to soft level cap of 1000 for armor and weapons.

Pinnacle gear are drops that can go higher than 1000 that come from sources like iron banner, garden of salvation raid, pit of heresy dungeon, trials of Osiris, 100k nightfall completions and master nightmare hunt completions. There are supposed to be more pinnacle power drop sources coming this season and perhaps next week with the Guardian Games seasonal event. Bungie changes the way power works quite often. I wouldnt sweat it too much unless planning to play Trials or Grandmaster nightfalls. It’s mostly used to keep players in rotation for playlists.

However once you increase passed power lvl 1000, like 1006 for instance .... powerful drops don’t stay capped at 1000 and drop at your current lvl to round off pieces of your loadout.

If you want to chase power casually Iron Banner this week is the way to go. When that is done I would say the Pit if Heresy dungeon is your next move. It’s a great experience and not too complex where it would go horribly wrong like a raid.
I'll have to find a group for that.

I'm level 986 right now, would pinnacles drop at 1000 right away?

Trogdor1123

No, they will drop at +2 above your current level... so right now they would be 988.... so you want to hit soft cap first.
Doubt I can do that in a week, might just have to keep grinding away. Once I hit 1k I think it will probably not be a big deal and I'll be able to do most stuff still.

Sorry to say this but the PS4 clan seems fairly absent (not that I'm can talk after months of absence). Is it just me though?

VertigoOA

Banned
Most clans fall apart and especially on console. A GAF clan? Lol. I find that you can find yourself jumping around.

Trogdor1123

Most clans fall apart and especially on console. A GAF clan? Lol. I find that you can find yourself jumping around.
That is unfortunate. I guess I'll start looking for a new one. Not looking for a super active one, just to be where people drop in from time to time.

you'll be surprise at how much progress you can make if you really grind it. if you're just focusing on one character right now, just try and see if you can get into a group that's farming 1k NF and keep going at it. you'll get plenty of nice drops to help with going up in power level. and if you have gunsmith parts, vanguard tokens and crucible tokens, turn those in and you'll get some purple gears that can slowly get you to 1000 also. another thing is make sure to get all your weekly powerful reward stuff done first before going for pinnacle reward activities. as for finding people to do stuff with, the Bungie fireteam finder page is pretty useful, at least that's how I got most of my stuff done these days.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
you'll be surprise at how much progress you can make if you really grind it. if you're just focusing on one character right now, just try and see if you can get into a group that's farming 1k NF and keep going at it. you'll get plenty of nice drops to help with going up in power level. and if you have gunsmith parts, vanguard tokens and crucible tokens, turn those in and you'll get some purple gears that can slowly get you to 1000 also. another thing is make sure to get all your weekly powerful reward stuff done first before going for pinnacle reward activities. as for finding people to do stuff with, the Bungie fireteam finder page is pretty useful, at least that's how I got most of my stuff done these days.

It’s probably the same thing but I use the official phone app. I like how you can invite people into your fireteam right from the app. It’s basically LFG and I find that it’s pretty actively used by other players.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

It’s probably the same thing but I use the official phone app. I like how you can invite people into your fireteam right from the app. It’s basically LFG and I find that it’s pretty actively used by other players.
Haven't tried that, will do so now

Trogdor1123

I have about 4000 in gun parts, should I be cashing those in or wait till I get a max level item?

Also, awesome nightfall run 2x in a row.exotic each time and a masterwork weapon. Not bad. Gun is D.F.A., never had it before

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

How do you join from the app, literally everything I click on says the Fireteam is full and I can't join.

VertigoOA

Banned
They might fill up quick.... I would suggesting you being the one to create the fireteam as opposed to seeking out one.

DFA is a year one gun. Used to be great in year 1 but it never got repurposed with year 2 random rolls.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

They might fill up quick.... I would suggesting you being the one to create the fireteam as opposed to seeking out one.

DFA is a year one gun. Used to be great in year 1 but it never got repurposed with year 2 random rolls.
Oh, so probably just break it down then? Take the core.

Kinda noob thing too but I just took my first armor up to masterwork and wow what a difference. Really nice. If I did them all it would make for some really op characters.

I have about 4000 in gun parts, should I be cashing those in or wait till I get a max level item?

Also, awesome nightfall run 2x in a row.exotic each time and a masterwork weapon. Not bad. Gun is D.F.A., never had it before

if your weapons are already at 1000 or above, then no. but if you still need 1000 weapons, keep dumping them. those packages can get up to 1000 light.

*warning: incoming long rant*
been grinding IB and good thing I keep reminding myself I'm only doing this for the gear and I don't care about the outcome, because boy oh boy sometimes it just makes you want to tear your hair out... shotguns apes everywhere? Titan keeps shoulder charging and not using guns in a FPS? fine. my aim isn't that good either and if I have less self respect I probably would use them too. team mates keeps running into you and moving you while you're aiming? or blocking your shoot by moving in front of you while you're aiming? fine. I understand that people are just not aware of it sometimes. Hardlight everywhere? fine. it's a good weapon. (thou I can really do without the flinch they cause since having no dmg fall off AND flinch seems way too OP) but the one thing that bugs me to no end is the fact that most of the people I ran into on my team have no awareness of any kind at all. our team has A and the other team just took both B and C? guess what? they're coming to take A. just defend and shoot them instead of rushing out and getting yourself kill! we're down in scores and only got 1 zone? do some capturing! your teammate is shooting at the door way and have it covered? check radar and cover the side? Heavy about to spawn? go cover that spot! and check radar often instead of always ADSing! and for crying out loud, the IB is light level based so if you're under 990 light, why are you even joining!? sigh... at least I'm almost done with the bounties.

edit:
Oh, so probably just break it down then? Take the core.

Kinda noob thing too but I just took my first armor up to masterwork and wow what a difference. Really nice. If I did them all it would make for some really op characters.

yeah, DFA while kinda cool in PvP, there are plenty of better guns out there. unless you're into collecting stuff, just junk it.

and yes, fully upgraded armor helps a lot, especially in terms of the mods you can put in and all that. weapons too. being able to get orbs of light whenever you get a double kill or more is really useful. thou you'll want to do some research on what stat and build you want before just blinding maxing any armor thou.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

if your weapons are already at 1000 or above, then no. but if you still need 1000 weapons, keep dumping them. those packages can get up to 1000 light.

*warning: incoming long rant*
been grinding IB and good thing I keep reminding myself I'm only doing this for the gear and I don't care about the outcome, because boy oh boy sometimes it just makes you want to tear your hair out... shotguns apes everywhere? Titan keeps shoulder charging and not using guns in a FPS? fine. my aim isn't that good either and if I have less self respect I probably would use them too. team mates keeps running into you and moving you while you're aiming? or blocking your shoot by moving in front of you while you're aiming? fine. I understand that people are just not aware of it sometimes. Hardlight everywhere? fine. it's a good weapon. (thou I can really do without the flinch they cause since having no dmg fall off AND flinch seems way too OP) but the one thing that bugs me to no end is the fact that most of the people I ran into on my team have no awareness of any kind at all. our team has A and the other team just took both B and C? guess what? they're coming to take A. just defend and shoot them instead of rushing out and getting yourself kill! we're down in scores and only got 1 zone? do some capturing! your teammate is shooting at the door way and have it covered? check radar and cover the side? Heavy about to spawn? go cover that spot! and check radar often instead of always ADSing! and for crying out loud, the IB is light level based so if you're under 990 light, why are you even joining!? sigh... at least I'm almost done with the bounties.

edit:

yeah, DFA while kinda cool in PvP, there are plenty of better guns out there. unless you're into collecting stuff, just junk it.

and yes, fully upgraded armor helps a lot, especially in terms of the mods you can put in and all that. weapons too. being able to get orbs of light whenever you get a double kill or more is really useful. thou you'll want to do some research on what stat and build you want before just blinding maxing any armor thou.
I'm only at 990 right now so should I use the parts to get me to 1000? Am I understanding you right?

I'm only at 990 right now so should I use the parts to get me to 1000? Am I understanding you right?

yes, that's correct. just keep turning in the parts and you'll keep getting weapons up to 1000. armor wise you can turn in Vanguard tokens to Zavala and Crucible tokens to Lord Shaxx and you could get either weapon or armor pieces that can go up to 1000.

Trogdor1123

yes, that's correct. just keep turning in the parts and you'll keep getting weapons up to 1000. armor wise you can turn in Vanguard tokens to Zavala and Crucible tokens to Lord Shaxx and you could get either weapon or armor pieces that can go up to 1000.
Lol, I had no idea. I thousands of these things. Time to dump them in!

Any specific guns to really watch for?

Lol, I had no idea. I thousands of these things. Time to dump them in!

Any specific guns to really watch for?

hmmm, that's kinda hard to say, since the combine pool of all 3 of these vendors has a huge range of guns... I guess it kinda depends on what do you usually like to use. I know Zavala has the Nameless Midnight scout or the Nightshade pulse. Service Revolver hand cannon can also be pretty good. I think the Better Devil hand cannon is from Shaxx and that can be really nice also. Banshee-44 can give you Good Bone Structure slug shotgun, Halfdan-D auto rifle, Antiope-D submachine gun and fusion rifles like Erentil FR4 and Proelium FR3. of course these all depends on the roll. you can check out the site here to see what roll they have and which you find you like best.

VertigoOA

Banned
You should be focusing on all the crucible vendor guns... well... for as long as they stay viable. All the pinnacle weapons are a good start except for last season’s.

Do that or just grind menagerie to farm rolls for austringer, beloved,drang, dust rock blues, etc... you have choice with menagerie as well and can spec their masterworked bonus (range, stability, reload or handling — your choice).

I’m determined to get the trials auto rifle this weekend. It’s the game 3 win. Exodus Blue is the map. It’s pretty rough.

Of course I only play iron banner for power. I don’t like the 6v6 modes in pvp. I love everything else in pvp... rumble, survival and elimination mostly... But! I do use 6v6 to fuck around with builds ... don’t care too much about winning.

Trogdor1123

I must be doing something wrong or I misunderstood you.

I went to banshee and dropped about 1500-2000 gun parts and not a single gun was over my current level. Went to Zavala, dropped about 500 vanguard tokens and it's the same. What am I doing wrong?

Side note, was able to grind up to 994 last night. Was pretty fun.

Can someone explain heroic menagerie over regular as well?

I must be doing something wrong or I misunderstood you.

I went to banshee and dropped about 1500-2000 gun parts and not a single gun was over my current level. Went to Zavala, dropped about 500 vanguard tokens and it's the same. What am I doing wrong?

Side note, was able to grind up to 994 last night. Was pretty fun.

Can someone explain heroic menagerie over regular as well?

I think I might have mistaken something in that whole deal. my bad. I was kinda worn out and forgot that the packages actually only drop at your current level. I was doing that with my alts the other day and that's why I was remembering it wrong. basically, I put all my 1000+ weapons on my alts that's only 970 or so and that automatically takes the character's level to much higher. then after I hand in tokens, the armor pieces from Zavala and Shaxx would all go from 980 something slowly to 1000. was kinda tired and remembered it wrong, my bad. but yeah, at the moment, just do all the weekly stuff that gives you powerful drops and then, I feel your best bet would be to grind 970 Nightfall. you should get plenty of drops from there to get you to 1000. pinnacle activities should be save until before reset to do them to maximize the bump in level.

Trogdor1123

I think I might have mistaken something in that whole deal. my bad. I was kinda worn out and forgot that the packages actually only drop at your current level. I was doing that with my alts the other day and that's why I was remembering it wrong. basically, I put all my 1000+ weapons on my alts that's only 970 or so and that automatically takes the character's level to much higher. then after I hand in tokens, the armor pieces from Zavala and Shaxx would all go from 980 something slowly to 1000. was kinda tired and remembered it wrong, my bad. but yeah, at the moment, just do all the weekly stuff that gives you powerful drops and then, I feel your best bet would be to grind 970 Nightfall. you should get plenty of drops from there to get you to 1000. pinnacle activities should be save until before reset to do them to maximize the bump in level.
No worries, appreciate the clarity. Been grinding iron banner all morning. Pretty fun. Trying to do Lumia, cayde and thorn

VertigoOA

Banned
Ok, so the last level on the thorn quest is impossible. Is it supposed to be a group quest cause solo is retarded.

Group quest.

Heroic menagerie needs matchmaking and is the only way to get the class exclusive swords and the catalyst for izanagi’s burden. Otherwise for menagerie weapons you don’t need to heroic.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

nice! that's a lot of progress. the current public events going on in EDZ, moon and Io would be pretty good for your catalyst grind if you're looking to do those while getting some loot.
Maybe, I'm taking today off though. Played for like 10 hours yesterday.

That Lumia gambit part was infuriating. Worst thing I have done in game.

Maybe, I'm taking today off though. Played for like 10 hours yesterday.

That Lumia gambit part was infuriating. Worst thing I have done in game.

haha, if you're talking about the team wiping the other team thing, yeah. good thing it can be done by your team mate (had to do 3 times if it's done by team mate). I ended up just grinding Gambit and letting the random team mates do that. thou now a days if you have Xenophage you have a good chance of doing that yourself. Sleeper or Truth are both good for that too.

Top Bottom