• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

VertigoOA

Banned
Summer leak

Season of the deep

Scorn, taken and hive main enemies. Pyramids coming closer and influencing existing enemies and empowering them with darkness as they get closer. Moon pyramid 6-man activity. “Biggest

Lots of talk of bungie destroying existing locations to make room for new content. I’m sorta against this and is where I prefer sequels but I’m open to it regardless.

I guess everything got shuffled around; SIVA, Savathun... all moved. If D3 got reworked into D2... fall expansion should be big enough to be another relaunch. Here’s hoping they’re putting R&D into improving the engine for next gen. I doubt they can build a new engine and port all existing assets over but who knows... that kinda stuff is beyond what I know.

About it being the biggest season yet... yea the summer drops always seem to be the biggest. Just seems that the preceding ones were priced similarly And there’s a bit of a mismatch with value Year after year. Then again, previous seasons for this year are unavailable to purchase anymore so it’s kinda A blank slate each season... whatever ... I enjoy the busy work to an extent because I never get tired of the game (best shooter of all time) but definitely fiending for a major expansion with major story points right now.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
haha, if you're talking about the team wiping the other team thing, yeah. good thing it can be done by your team mate (had to do 3 times if it's done by team mate). I ended up just grinding Gambit and letting the random team mates do that. thou now a days if you have Xenophage you have a good chance of doing that yourself. Sleeper or Truth are both good for that too.
I'm just glad it is done. It took forever!

The crucible stuff was a different, but measureable, grind.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Summer leak

Season of the deep

Scorn, taken and hive main enemies. Pyramids coming closer and influencing existing enemies and empowering them with darkness as they get closer. Moon pyramid 6-man activity. “Biggest

Lots of talk of bungie destroying existing locations to make room for new content. I’m sorta against this and is where I prefer sequels but I’m open to it regardless.

I guess everything got shuffled around; SIVA, Savathun... all moved. If D3 got reworked into D2... fall expansion should be big enough to be another relaunch. Here’s hoping they’re putting R&D into improving the engine for next gen. I doubt they can build a new engine and port all existing assets over but who knows... that kinda stuff is beyond what I know.

About it being the biggest season yet... yea the summer drops always seem to be the biggest. Just seems that the preceding ones were priced similarly And there’s a bit of a mismatch with value Year after year. Then again, previous seasons for this year are unavailable to purchase anymore so it’s kinda A blank slate each season... whatever ... I enjoy the busy work to an extent because I never get tired of the game (best shooter of all time) but definitely fiending for a major expansion with major story points right now.
That sounds neat. Could be really fun. I'm planning on doing some today. Might do the xenophage quest, I've never done. Also, got Tommy's gun, looks fun!

VertigoOA

Banned
So trials players really have been leaving pc because of the cheating situation... had a match against TrueVanguard on PS4. My loss was streamed :messenger_pensive:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
So trials players really have been leaving pc because of the cheating situation... had a match against TrueVanguard on PS4. My loss was streamed :messenger_pensive:
Not familiar, what is happening?

Am I in the minority not liking end game stuff being so PvP focused? I'm ok at PvP, middle of the pack usually but the high end stuff kind of sucks imo.

Side note, broke 1000 on Saturday night with my relic. 1002 or 1003 I think

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Hmm...

So Valor rank is earned in all pvp playlists. It’s the number you see when hovering over most crucible icons. Click on the control playlist for example, and as it’s matchmaking you can see what your currently rank is (I.e. 1200pts at Mythic tier 1 - 3 tiers per level).

Glory rank are “competitive” rank points that can only be earned in Survival or Survival: freelance. Glory is only earned on wins and you lost glory on losses. It used to punish losses much more so it’s a bit easier to get the fabled rank weapons now. You can essentially play the minimum 3 games a week for a glory boost and earn most of them.

You want those weapons. Revoker is the best sniper in the game. And both Recluse and Mountaintop are PvE loadout mainstays. You can make the argument that Luna’s Howl and Not Forgotten are still in contention for best handcanons on console as well.

There IS a pvp end game. There wasnt one for awhile. You don’t have to engage in it. Plenty of players do not. The game caters to a variety of player tastes. I get more out of pvp end game when looking to find a pay off for grinding out god rolls of weapons. For me that’s the end game... seeing how I can effectively play better with what load outs and builds.

Then again I know players that do all raids almost weekly and have over 240 Garden of Salvation raid clears. Raids will always be the bulk of endgame. It was just a handful of months ago where there was no pvp endgame.

Bastion was the meta for trials this week. Really surprised to see it populate loadouts so heavily this weekend. And people disliked it when it dropped — I knew it would become a pvp beast.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Hmm...

So Valor rank is earned in all pvp playlists. It’s the number you see when hovering over most crucible icons. Click on the control playlist for example, and as it’s matchmaking you can see what your currently rank is (I.e. 1200pts at Mythic tier 1 - 3 tiers per level).

Glory rank are “competitive” rank points that can only be earned in Survival or Survival: freelance. Glory is only earned on wins and you lost glory on losses. It used to punish losses much more so it’s a bit easier to get the fabled rank weapons now. You can essentially play the minimum 3 games a week for a glory boost and earn most of them.

You want those weapons. Revoker is the best sniper in the game. And both Recluse and Mountaintop are PvE loadout mainstays. You can make the argument that Luna’s Howl and Not Forgotten are still in contention for best handcanons on console as well.

There IS a pvp end game. There wasnt one for awhile. You don’t have to engage in it. Plenty of players do not. The game caters to a variety of player tastes. I get more out of pvp end game when looking to find a pay off for grinding out god rolls of weapons. For me that’s the end game... seeing how I can effectively play better with what load outs and builds.

Then again I know players that do all raids almost weekly and have over 240 Garden of Salvation raid clears. Raids will always be the bulk of endgame. It was just a handful of months ago where there was no pvp endgame.

Bastion was the meta for trials this week. Really surprised to see it populate loadouts so heavily this weekend. And people disliked it when it dropped — I knew it would become a pvp beast.
I see. So I was able to grind out max valour and do a reset on it last night for the first time ever but I kept reading about "glory" and was totally confused. I'll have to start there because I would really like to farm up recluse and now I know where.

I suspect it will take several weeks. Does it reset each season? Not sure I'll be able get it done this one.

Also, how much longer does the iron banner last, was going to finish the quest but doubt I have time there either. I'm assuming it is gone today with the new event starting. I just have the bow kills left!

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Iron Banner ends in two hours from now. The quest for IB can be done over the course of the season. It’s possible to get fabled rank with the remainder of the season, there’s still a lot of time left honestly. It’s worth trying anyway.

Edit: The original crucible pinnacle weapon quests are the most involved grinds of them all. You may not knock out all the steps in one season anyway so work on them regardless. Randy’s Throwing Knife is a fun as hell scout too.

Edit 2: at 1pm et today is a update that launches new seasonal content.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Iron Banner ends in two hours from now. The quest for IB can be done over the course of the season. It’s possible to get fabled rank with the remainder of the season, there’s still a lot of time left honestly. It’s worth trying anyway.

Edit: The original crucible pinnacle weapon quests are the most involved grinds of them all. You may not knock out all the steps in one season anyway so work on them regardless. Randy’s Throwing Knife is a fun as hell scout too.

Edit 2: at 1pm et today is a update that launches new seasonal content.
1pm is forever away lol. I want it now!

VertigoOA

Banned
Are they just handing out catalysts right now? I got Lumia and wardiff in 4 strikes.

Game still hasn’t given me wardcliff catalyst ... would be nice :messenger_pouting:

One of the crucible weeklies now also drops a pinnacle reward instead of powerful. Meaning it’ll give you gear 1000+ now

Last edited:

Game still hasn’t given me wardcliff catalyst ... would be nice :messenger_pouting:

One of the crucible weeklies now also drops a pinnacle reward instead of powerful. Meaning it’ll give you gear 1000+ now

I just saw that too, that's nice

not sure if that's really a pinnacle drop for the reward since I finished it and didn't have anything drop above my light. also see the Gambit weekly reward is pinnacle drop too. I'll give it a try later.

VertigoOA

Banned
Pulse rifle, Sword, handcanon and machine gun. Sword with surrounded and handcanon with explosive payload. Hammerhead is probably the best machine gun in the game still. Forges are also home to 3 exotics... Le Monarque, Jottun and Inazagi’s Burden.

The handcanon can also be rolled both rampage and kill clip, the rare double damage perk weapon. Super powerful.

There’s also an auto rifle called the Galliard that can drop from forge runs. You can’t pick up a bounty for it like the ones listed at Ada. HOWEVER... it’s one of the best autos in the current meta. Totally random drop and super rare.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Any way to get exotics to redrop? I use Morpheus rigs lots but it has garbage specs, 48 total. Id like to get one in the 60s if possible

VertigoOA

Banned
Any way to get exotics to redrop? I use Morpheus rigs lots but it has garbage specs, 48 total. Id like to get one in the 60s if possible

Exotics use a knockout list so you will keep getting new exotics until you have all those that don’t require a quest (per class). Once you have all that the game will then give you chances at better stat rolls on your gear.

It looks like they added pinnacle rewards to gambit, heroic strikes, crucible core playlists and clan engram. Also another weekly source from guardian games itself.

The new exotic machine gun is quite the grind and time-gated for at least one more day or two. First of its kind too... heavy machine gun.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
If you are needing to farm laurels, the blind well is fantastic.

I'm working on completing that damn triumph, it takes forever.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Can anyone tell me how to get the story for season of the worthy going? I'm missing something clearly. I did the bunker on earth, bought the upgrade for the bunker and then.... I went to spider but is there anything else?

Can anyone tell me how to get the story for season of the worthy going? I'm missing something clearly. I did the bunker on earth, bought the upgrade for the bunker and then.... I went to spider but is there anything else?

there's a total of 3 bunkers, EDZ, Moon, and Io. you'll need to upgrade all of them.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Was it double Infamy this weekend? I got to around 7k in gambit pretty fast.

Did a bunch of tasks last night too, seems to be coming along.

didn't really try Grand Master NF the whole week and figure I'll give it a go before reset. got a team and it didn't really go too well since the Hunter keeps going off by himself. after 2 resets, the Hunter ended up just leaving and down to me and another Warlock. we decided to give it another go and after getting another Hunter, we went in with 2 minutes before reset :messenger_grinning_sweat:

everything went pretty smoothly for the most part. a few deaths here and there but we push through and got to the boss, which is much deeper than the earlier runs. boss is about half health and we're doing the last of the 3 plates. but then those freaking Cabals with the ceavers ran up and took me out while I'm on the plate. and somehow the other 2 both died at the same time and that ended the last run. good try thou and I had some fun at least.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Any tips on how to get hardlight? I haven't gotten it and I've been playing a lot!

Also, I hate events like this one. I've done a shit ton of the medals and it's all for nothing as hunters are sucking ass.

Any tips on how to get hardlight? I haven't gotten it and I've been playing a lot!

Also, I hate events like this one. I've done a shit ton of the medals and it's all for nothing as hunters are sucking ass.

outside of getting it from Xur if he's selling it, there's really no real sure fire way to get it. you can join one of those 1000/1030 NF farming parties if you see them on LFG and keep grinding those I suppose.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
outside of getting it from Xur if he's selling it, there's really no real sure fire way to get it. you can join one of those 1000/1030 NF farming parties if you see them on LFG and keep grinding those I suppose.
Bummer. The number of them I see out in the wild made me think it was more common than that.

Bummer. The number of them I see out in the wild made me think it was more common than that.

that's mostly because people would buy those from Xur when he's selling them, so that's a pretty easy way to get it. I think it was sold just a few weeks ago right before that Hardlight buff patch too.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I just realized I can do all three of my characters on guardian games!...... Bah. I'm to do them tonight. I think I'll get my new machine gun tonight.

Last edited:
I really hope those 4chan leaks about the June update are true because I'm totally burned out on the game right now, it feels like there's nothing left this season that can pull me back unless another exotic quest shows up and then I'll need to grind for that the same way I did Heir Apparent before retiring from the game out of sheer boredom. With Destiny 1 the times I quit playing were because I was so into the game i'd sometimes go into rages and have panic attacks, with D2 i'm always quitting out of boredom... I guess boredom is at least healthier for me.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I really hope those 4chan leaks about the June update are true because I'm totally burned out on the game right now, it feels like there's nothing left this season that can pull me back unless another exotic quest shows up and then I'll need to grind for that the same way I did Heir Apparent before retiring from the game out of sheer boredom. With Destiny 1 the times I quit playing were because I was so into the game i'd sometimes go into rages and have panic attacks, with D2 i'm always quitting out of boredom... I guess boredom is at least healthier for me.
I'm trying to farm heir apparent right now. It's a grind. Not an especially fun one either

Texas Pride

Banned
Got back into the game after being away since Forsaken. Felt a bit overwhelmed with all the quest bullshit at first but it doesn't seem so bad now.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Anyone got a good wizard build? I'm trying to get all my classes up. I'm totally new to wizards. Been using void so far and it nukes hard

Got back into the game after being away since Forsaken. Felt a bit overwhelmed with all the quest bullshit at first but it doesn't seem so bad now.

yeah, just take it slow, do a little everyday and you'll be fine. let me know if you're on PC and need help.

Anyone got a good wizard build? I'm trying to get all my classes up. I'm totally new to wizards. Been using void so far and it nukes hard

you want Warlock build? fun build or DPS build? PVE or PVP? Devour Void build is pretty good without any seasonal mods. and if you have all the charge with light mods, there's a pretty decent Arc grenade build too. as for solar, mostly just Well support or top tree helicopter builds out there I think.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
yeah, just take it slow, do a little everyday and you'll be fine. let me know if you're on PC and need help.

you want Warlock build? fun build or DPS build? PVE or PVP? Devour Void build is pretty good without any seasonal mods. and if you have all the charge with light mods, there's a pretty decent Arc grenade build too. as for solar, mostly just Well support or top tree helicopter builds out there I think.
Right now, just PvE. I'm farming laurels in forges... People go ask all the time. Very frustrating

Top Bottom