• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Gambit is the best place to laurel farm because you don't need to pick them up, all laurels created go right to you.
I like blind well for farming them. Two runs through at level 3 with the overload and you have like 500.

I'm doing it for the challenge though. 2 ignitions should be enough for me.

Last edited:
Right now, just PvE. I'm farming laurels in forges... People go ask all the time. Very frustrating

well, for Warlock, you need 1 of 2 pieces of exotic armor. Nezarec's Sin or Crown of Tempests. both are helmet. Nezarec's Sin along with a bottom tree void Warlock (keep Devour up either with full charge melee last hit or eating your grenade) and a void energy weapon will allow you to get your abilities up much faster so you can keep spaming them. Crown of Tempests with top or bottom tree Arc Warlock and Taking Charge + FirePower + Lighting Strikes Twice (the last one is class armor only) mods will also allow you to spam arc grenades pretty much non-stop.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
well, for Warlock, you need 1 of 2 pieces of exotic armor. Nezarec's Sin or Crown of Tempests. both are helmet. Nezarec's Sin along with a bottom tree void Warlock (keep Devour up either with full charge melee last hit or eating your grenade) and a void energy weapon will allow you to get your abilities up much faster so you can keep spaming them. Crown of Tempests with top or bottom tree Arc Warlock and Taking Charge + FirePower + Lighting Strikes Twice (the last one is class armor only) mods will also allow you to spam arc grenades pretty much non-stop.
Could you link me to wher you find builds? I'd like try some.

I didn't finish my goal yesterday of getting the machine gun. 6/7 and need just a few more medals

Could you link me to wher you find builds? I'd like try some.

I didn't finish my goal yesterday of getting the machine gun. 6/7 and need just a few more medals

I mostly just watch Youtube videos. Datto, KackisHD, CoolGuy (for weapons), xHOUNDISHx, Fallout Plays, Aztecross Gaming, Cheese Forever, Mesa Sean. these are all pretty good for Destiny info in general. if you're into PvP, CammyCakes Gaming, SirDimetrious, Mtashed, Sweatcicle, IFrostBolt, Geekermon. there's also a couple for the lolz like Th3Jez, Hush, Mr. Fruit, Destiny Fun Police etc. and of course, My Name Is Byf for the lore. just make sure to check the date of those videos since some stuff might be changed due to patch and what not.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I mostly just watch Youtube videos. Datto, KackisHD, CoolGuy (for weapons), xHOUNDISHx, Fallout Plays, Aztecross Gaming, Cheese Forever, Mesa Sean. these are all pretty good for Destiny info in general. if you're into PvP, CammyCakes Gaming, SirDimetrious, Mtashed, Sweatcicle, IFrostBolt, Geekermon. there's also a couple for the lolz like Th3Jez, Hush, Mr. Fruit, Destiny Fun Police etc. and of course, My Name Is Byf for the lore. just make sure to check the date of those videos since some stuff might be changed due to patch and what not.
Ok, I'll see what I can dig up.

Any tips on where to get season mods? I just bought the pass and feel like I'm missing something.

Thanks, I'll start tonight.

Are the legendary lost sectors match made?

Sorry for the million questions but I can't do it right now.

sadly no. but if you're over 1000 already and has the right mods (unstoppable, anti-barrier, overload) or weapons, you can solo them just fine. might take a little time but it's not that hard especially since you can just respawn inside right after you get kill. also, make sure to upgrade the bunkers. each of the three bunkers has 2 mods you can get once you fully upgrade them.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
sadly no. but if you're over 1000 already and has the right mods (unstoppable, anti-barrier, overload) or weapons, you can solo them just fine. might take a little time but it's not that hard especially since you can just respawn inside right after you get kill. also, make sure to upgrade the bunkers. each of the three bunkers has 2 mods you can get once you fully upgrade them.
I gotta be doing something wrong in these lost sectors. People are doing crazy damage, a linear fusion rifle that holds a champion in place and drops them fast.it is intense.

Chente Fernandez

Neo Member
are there any active Xbox members or clans? was out of gaming for about a year and got back to it about a week ago. Lots of quests to finish

are there any active Xbox members or clans? was out of gaming for about a year and got back to it about a week ago. Lots of quests to finish

I'm on PC so I can't say for sure, but from what I remember, the Xbox players are far and few on here to begin with. so not sure if there is still any left around at the moment. maybe after another big DLC drop they'll pop up again. best way to get your quests done is just try to get on LFG page and jump on groups that's doing them or start a group yourself.

Are seasonal mods possible to get out of season?

I think it kinda depends. if the mods are tie to some activities that's going away, like the Vex thing in Shadowkeep, then maybe not. if it's tie to something that's staying, then you might be able to get them after this season still.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I think it kinda depends. if the mods are tie to some activities that's going away, like the Vex thing in Shadowkeep, then maybe not. if it's tie to something that's staying, then you might be able to get them after this season still.
I thought this too.

I started playing around with mods last night on my hunter. I added ashes to assets then a few discipline/intelligence mods. Then brought on the Monte carlo. What a difference. Literally throw gernades every 30 seconds and lots of smoke bombs. My Fireteam in my strike were probably mad as I was just pissing around and dying lots but the build is solid. I just need a really good demolishonist weapon for a secondary, and better spec'ed armour. would be great.

I thought this too.

I started playing around with mods last night on my hunter. I added ashes to assets then a few discipline/intelligence mods. Then brought on the Monte carlo. What a difference. Literally throw gernades every 30 seconds and lots of smoke bombs. My Fireteam in my strike were probably mad as I was just pissing around and dying lots but the build is solid. I just need a really good demolishonist weapon for a secondary, and better spec'ed armour. would be great.

Arc Logic the auto rifle you can farm on the moon can come with demolitionist. would be a good pairing with Monte Carlo too.

edit: if you want something that has a bit more punch, there's 2 shotguns I know that has the perk. Hawthorne's Field-Forged Shotgun from random drop and getting stuff from Hawthorne, and Last Man Standing from doing Reckoning. Elatha FR-4 (Gunsmith package), Timeline's Vertex (random drop), The Wizened Rebuke (Iron Banner) fusion rifles can all come with the perk too. pretty sure the machine gun A Fine Memorial on the moon can come with it too.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Arc Logic the auto rifle you can farm on the moon can come with demolionist.would be a good pairing with Monte Carlo too.

edit: if you want something that has a bit more punch, there's 2 shotguns I know that has the perk. Hawthorne's Field-Forged Shotgun from random drop and getting stuff from Hawthorne, and Last Man Standing from doing Reckoning. Elatha FR-4 (Gunsmith package), Timeline's Vertex (random drop), The Wizened Rebuke (Iron Banner) fusion rifles can all come with the perk too. pretty sure the machine gun from the moon also can come with this perk.
Looks like I have a plan for this weekend!

I also want to take a couple runs at that galliard auto from the black armory. I've heard good things about it.

Last edited:
Looks like I have a plan for this weekend!

I also want to take a couple runs at that galliard auto from the black armory. I've heard good things about it.

added the moon machine gun you can also farm if you're looking for the demolitionist perk. as for the Galliard, you basically just keep doing Forge until it drops. it's a possible drop after each successful Forge run (ie killed the boss).

Texas Pride

Banned
There is definitely a lot to take in. It's pretty fun though.

What are you working on now?

Me and a buddy got the Xenophage & Outbreak Perfected and now we're just working on weekly stuff. Probably do Whisper of the worm next. I used to have a dedicated raid group but that was years ago so I need to put some Raid runs together. Bungie is still horrible with Raid and community cohesion it seems.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Me and a buddy got the Xenophage & Outbreak Perfected and now we're just working on weekly stuff. Probably do Whisper of the worm next. I used to have a dedicated raid group but that was years ago so I need to put some Raid runs together. Bungie is still horrible with Raid and community cohesion it seems.

Oh nice, I still need to do xeno. Was it hard?

added the moon machine gun you can also farm if you're looking for the demolitionist perk. as for the Galliard, you basically just keep doing Forge until it drops. it's a possible drop after each successful Forge run (ie killed the boss).

Did once over for arc logic and the machine gun and neither had it. Will do it again I guess haha!

Texas Pride

Banned
Oh nice, I still need to do xeno. Was it hard?

Did once over for arc logic and the machine gun and neither had it. Will do it again I guess haha!

Xenophage was hard but Outbreak Perfected was harder to get imo. Xenophage is I think the best exotic in the game for PVE right now. It melts bosses.

I guess I'll have to go after it! I worry about the pit as I usually have to do stuff solo

to be fair, if you're already 1000+, the Xeno Pit run won't be that bad. I've done it as a team of 2 to help someone before. keep an eye on the LFG page and see if anyone is doing it. (make sure to finish all the solo stuff before the Pit run) or make a LFG noting that you're looking for help on Xeno.

edit: here's a walkthrough (this was way back from around before they buffed the gun and also back when max light was lower, so don't worry about it too much)

2nd edit: looks like Xur is selling Hardlight this week. I seem to remember you wanted it right Trogdor? make sure to get it this weekend.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
to be fair, if you're already 1000+, the Xeno Pit run won't be that bad. I've done it as a team of 2 to help someone before. keep an eye on the LFG page and see if anyone is doing it. (make sure to finish all the solo stuff before the Pit run) or make a LFG noting that you're looking for help on Xeno.

edit: here's a walkthrough (this was way back from around before they buffed the gun and also back when max light was lower, so don't worry about it too much)

2nd edit: looks like Xur is selling Hardlight this week. I seem to remember you wanted it right Trogdor? make sure to get it this weekend.

Yes! I wanted to try it out finally. Thank you!

VertigoOA

Banned
I hated that Heir Apparent grind. Makes me wonder how I could’ve even gotten it done if the city wasn’t on lockdown... I get the feeling that it won’t move to the world drop loot pool either. I’d bet quest progress is saved in some form and you can only continue it next year.

Once I hit max power I’m pretty much done with the season. Will still be putting in time with trials but after Fellwinter’s Lie quest it seems like I can pull off a bit for the rest of the season.

Dont think I’m gonna chase that almighty title either. I can but... don’t feel like it

Last edited:
I haven't played since vanilla, but I'm looking for a time killer while still waiting to go back to work.
Question is, am I gonna have to grind out the base game again? iirc, og Destiny had tokens that allowed you to level a character to 20 so you could get into new content.
If I can jump into the new stuff I'll pick it up, but I don't want to spend hours grinding content I've already done.

Texas Pride

Banned
I haven't played since vanilla, but I'm looking for a time killer while still waiting to go back to work.
Question is, am I gonna have to grind out the base game again? iirc, og Destiny had tokens that allowed you to level a character to 20 so you could get into new content.
If I can jump into the new stuff I'll pick it up, but I don't want to spend hours grinding content I've already done.

I'm not certain but I believe you're instantly bumped up to 750 and you grind from there. That's what I was able to do they seem to have streamlined gear level for everyone.

Holy crap there is a shitload of new stuff to do. I won't even touch the pvp stuff, but it still looks like I'll have plenty to keep me busy.

VertigoOA

Banned
I hope next season is a bit more than just a tease of the fall expansion. It tends to come together a bit more near the summer year after year but I’m a bit bored of this seasonal model because the systems they have in place still have you playing way too much to get the most out of it.

Recent blog posts these last two to three weeks seem to giving players promising developments and solutions to concerns and the earliest we could see any feedback to the seasonal model would be its final summer season.

All I know is I’m taking a break until the fellwinter’s lie quest. .. which is either tomorrow or next week.. lol

It’s easy to get lost in this game during lockdown but now I’m looking for reasons to not play. I’m ready for a major expansion that’s for sure...

Last edited:
I hope next season is a bit more than just a tease of the fall expansion. It tends to come together a bit more near the summer year after year but I’m a bit bored of this seasonal model because the systems they have in place still have you playing way too much to get the most out of it.

Recent blog posts these last two to three weeks seem to giving players promising developments and solutions to concerns and the earliest we could see any feedback to the seasonal model would be its final summer season.

All I know is I’m taking a break until the fellwinter’s lie quest. .. which is either tomorrow or next week.. lol

It’s easy to get lost in this game during lockdown but now I’m looking for reasons to not play. I’m ready for a major expansion that’s for sure...

The season at this time of year is always kinda bad and then the one prior to the expansion is good enough to get you hyped for what's next. Same old cycle.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
The season at this time of year is always kinda bad and then the one prior to the expansion is good enough to get you hyped for what's next. Same old cycle.
That's true, this season is ok but requires too much of a grind to get anything related to the story. Hope next season is better, and it really sounds to be.

I'll be farming Warmind bits soon instead of laurels.

I think I'll try wish ender this weekend too. I haven't ever tried it.

VertigoOA

Banned
Fellwinters Lie quest went live. Looks like part of it is some community grind of public events that’ll take a week or so. We know there’s a few hidden locations at the moon bunker and multiple steps. Which means I don’t have to do shit for it until the community reaches the milestone....

Iron Banner bow disappears as a ritual weapon after this season so this is the last week to get it for now.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
My son and I have been playing the free-to-play version. Other than briefly logging in to import my Destiny profile, I haven't played much Destiny 2 in the past.

He loves it. I'm much happier with him playing an online game like this instead of Fortnite or Overwatch. It doesn't hurt that the visual design, music, controls, and weapons are all typical top-notch Bungie. He could be sinking his adolescent time into far worse FPSs.

been off the game for a few day due to RL stuff. probably will get back on this weekend or so to grind my Titan to 1010 and maybe do some raid or public event. we'll see.

VertigoOA

Banned
This is the longest we’ve gone without our weapons being held back year after year.

In D1 we left our weapons behind on a yearly basis almost. I forgot about that honestly. I kinda don’t want to see weapons retired and I kinda want a fresh start as well so mixed feelings regardless.

After getting a taste of both... depends what they want to do. I’m okay with weapon sunsetting because D3 will apparently may not be a thing for what ... 3 years at least, if ever?

I’d think this system will go over better if new things are done with weapons as well. Something as simple as more visual changes when modding (i.e. changing a barrel or magazine) is what I would like to see.

I really like the art direction of the last two seasons of weapons. With the game moving forward to next gen I have a feeling that one solution to just make better looking stuff will help.

But it’s not like they’re removing the weapons from the game ... they seem to be so concerned about the data size of the game itself... these hundreds of weapons we won’t be using again are a waste of space then no? Why not just start deleting them then?

Maybe Titan really is getting deleted from the game? There’s more traction to that rumor as well because now in-game the emblem for titan from the vendor now says “limited time.”

It seems the pyramid ships are going to blow up titan. I wonder what their solution is for that? It’s featured in the main campaign, a good number of exotic weapon strikes ... if they blow it up they have to rework thorn and truth quests for instance.

Definitely excited about next gen versions of the game simply because it’ll run faster with load times thanks to SSD being standard.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Okay so I fully get what’s going on... or at least how to prepare about gear being left behind. And it will begin with the season after next so you can start some spring cleaning.

Every legendary weapon or armor piece (does not apply to exotics) has a one year shelf life before they stop being relevant to endgame.

So just keep one of everything and clean your vault. I’m doing that now and preparing a new loadout.

Most interesting tidbit is that raid weapons from both garden of salvation and last wish won’t necessarily be left behind... so your raid loot all just became more valuable.
(As well as exotics)

They don’t mention the other raids... Leviathian needs a refresh and I expect that but I kinda think we’re looking at the smaller raid content being cut too. With the possibility of there not being a Destiny 3 I could seriously see the game being curated and built on for quite a bit . Good luck. Doesn’t seem easy

In other words... replace that Spare Rations with Dire Promise so you can use a similarly awesome gun for another year... because spare rations is no longer useful in trials come September (as well other popular pvp weapons like austringer and the beloved).

Garden of Salvation has excellent weapons btw. The 140 rpm handcanon and rapid fire sniper are great. Last Wish has a great sniper and handcanon as well... the handcanon can come with fatebringer roll.

Edit: Just scrapped most of my vault. Pretty much everything not released in Year 3. I’m debating scrapping pinnacle weapons... came out with 350 enchancement cores after the clean-up lol. All I saw was a tower full of players at their vaults... I’m assuming they’re doing the same.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Okay so I fully get what’s going on... or at least how to prepare about gear being left behind. And it will begin with the season after next so you can start some spring cleaning.

Every legendary weapon or armor piece (does not apply to exotics) has a one year shelf life before they stop being relevant to endgame.

So just keep one of everything and clean your vault. I’m doing that now and preparing a new loadout.

Most interesting tidbit is that raid weapons from both garden of salvation and last wish won’t necessarily be left behind... so your raid loot all just became more valuable.
(As well as exotics)

They don’t mention the other raids... Leviathian needs a refresh and I expect that but I kinda think we’re looking at the smaller raid content being cut too. With the possibility of there not being a Destiny 3 I could seriously see the game being curated and built on for quite a bit . Good luck. Doesn’t seem easy

In other words... replace that Spare Rations with Dire Promise so you can use a similarly awesome gun for another year... because spare rations is no longer useful in trials come September (as well other popular pvp weapons like austringer and the beloved).

Garden of Salvation has excellent weapons btw. The 140 rpm handcanon and rapid fire sniper are great. Last Wish has a great sniper and handcanon as well... the handcanon can come with fatebringer roll.

Edit: Just scrapped most of my vault. Pretty much everything not released in Year 3. I’m debating scrapping pinnacle weapons... came out with 350 enchancement cores after the clean-up lol. All I saw was a tower full of players at their vaults... I’m assuming they’re doing the same.
I'm not sure what I think about this, going to force people to try other things which could be good but it also seems like another forced grind...

Could be ok but unless they give more opportunities to level up lots of people are going to fall really behind

Dynheart04

Neo Member
Man, I just don't know if I should return to this game or not. I played it religiously up until season 8 (season 2 and 6 were the outliers). The game just wasn't feeling that rewarding to play anymore. Not to mention the hyper focus on one activity from season to season, and the lack of focus on the rest of the world that Bungie has created (which is a shame, it's a beautiful and varied world/universe).

Reading up on year 3, it seems like pretty much half the content, from story, seasonal gear, and even some exotics, are just not accessible to me now. Waiting around for, and hoping, that Bungie will get these items in the game in a timely fashion just makes my head hurt (remember how long it took them to get the catalysts from the faction rallies in season 3). This just kills the majority of the desire of wanting to comeback...which sucks, because I've been getting that itch to play again (it's been almost a year). I also don't want to be disappointed again...been going through this since 2014. lol

I know the game is free to play now...but I just can't play Destiny bare bones, not after all these years. It's all in or not at all for me at this point. Should I just wait for this season to end and wait and see, or is the crazy negativity that is rivaling CoO days just blown out of proportion? I need level headed responses. Twitter/reddit rage isn't helping.

VertigoOA

Banned
It’s never really going to be free to play when they’re releasing 60$ of content a year need to stay current. Free players will always be gated to an extent but they do get a huge amount of content to play.

Id say the seasonal content is something you can easily pass on and mostly there for those daily players this year. You didn’t really miss much in terms of playable content with the activities that disappeared. Shadowkeep itself is still the only must buy. And if you don’t have that I’d wait till next season starts in June for the free current season voucher it comes with.

They’re bringing back some weapons from those seasons into loot pools for free. Not sure about the exotics tied to those seasons but those are bound to return. Actually I think the returning weapons are just the free weapons from those past season pass tracks no longer available and not the ones that were paid for. They always said they would reintroduce these things later but it’ll be interesting to see how because the dollar value for all of that stuff pretty much craters ... especially that now the new weapon retirement system only makes them valuable for a year.

Destiny whining is always a constant thing year after year going 6 years now. The louder it is usually means there’s a good amount of players. It’s one of the games that the loudest commentary comes from the players that’ll put in at least 20 hrs a week into the game, week after week, year after year regardless.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Throughout both games. I’ve scrapped my vault two times... once leading into taken king and again with forsaken...

This time ... my collection was full of goodies was huge and I just scrapped 85% of it.

Only kept raid legendsaries up through shadowkeep and due to power creep the last two seasons have weapons that replaced all those before it really. Scrapped recluse, luna’s, god roll austringer and beloved... Kept apostate and Revoker cuz I’m milking those in trials for a bit longer.

Raids just sorta became relevant again. I’ll need armor and some better attempts at rolls.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Hope the make raids a bit more accessible with this. I have only tried one ever, didn't go well.

I'll probably, finally, complete 21 delerium today!

VertigoOA

Banned
Someone leaked upcoming voice dialogue from next season or next expansion... It’s Elsie Bray... who is the Exo Stranger from D1 vanilla.

Fall expansions rumors all seem real and it’s too much to be true ... right? Jeez

got my Anarchy, but still can't get a 1010 helmet for my Titan for the life of me... sigh

as for Elsie Bray, are we gona get something along the line of "Some Time To Explain" now? lol

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Anyone know a good way to get a Sherpa for one of the raids? I'm a total noob at them so I need a group that can put up with that and can help me figure it out

Top Bottom