• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

VertigoOA

Banned
When they redid the cosmodrome in destiny 1 for rise of iron I thought it was one of the best patrol zones in the entire game in fact to this day I would say if it's second to anything it would only be the dreadnought. So I would welcome them doing that to nessus.

I definitely need the expansion to at least be forsaken size to believe that it's going to bring me back. I was going to disagree with you about Leviathan being the worst raid but it sounds like you're not including stuff like spire of stars?

I think last wish is great in one of the best but I think it's hard to deny that it's really weird the intended way the kill the final boss is not the way anyone does it

I wasn’t really lumping Eater of Worlds, Spire of Stars and Crown of Sorrow together as “leviathan.” I meant Vanilla leviathan only. Out of all the major large raids (Vault, Kings fall, Wrath, Garden and Last Wish) it’s my least favorite.

They really do kind of Telegraph it all don’t they? I imagine in Witch Queen is when they’re bringing back the long teased dreadnaught. And ... oryx isn’t dead... lol. So seems like a safe bet Kings fall is getting remixed for that year.

The narrative moving in real time will surely alienate casual players a bit with the whole FOMO thing and all but for us hardcore nut jobs... it might actually be cool.

No games really do things like this or changes like this and It’s working for them. I guess that’s why they’re still the king of the genre. Can’t say they aren’t always trying new things.

By literally removing assets this actually gives them room to improve the engine without having to redo assets for everything. Altho, they’re gonna have to delete older weapons and armor at some point. I guess sunsetting is too ease us into that. I’d rather they do that now but you know... fan base would go nuclear

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Only need the 50 Effigy spots or Travelers Chosen for XXMM anf 2 Trials wins for all my Solstice gear to be done.

Party Rockin'

New goals here now.

Time to masterwork every catalyst I have before my progress gets gated indefinitely.

Storm and Drang combo with surprise attack mod is so goddamn powerful. Drang has disruption break too for an even bigger dps monster.

I can’t imagine Drang won’t be repurposed come Beyond Light. I hope it’s the OG model because I kinda hate the crystal designs of the Menagerie reprisals

VertigoOA

Banned
New PS4 clan launched by me. We don’t have a GAF clan since the reeeeeeeeee split.

Check out our #Destiny2 clan!
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=4339426

The megapowers

0v1gcq.gif

Cornbread78

New goals here now.

Time to masterwork every catalyst I have before my progress gets gated indefinitely.

Storm and Drang combo with surprise attack mod is so goddamn powerful. Drang has disruption break too for an even bigger dps monster.

I can’t imagine Drang won’t be repurposed come Beyond Light. I hope it’s the OG model because I kinda hate the crystal designs of the Menagerie reprisals

Yeah, I was looking at all my unfinished cats the other night plus I just got the sleeper cat the other day, buuuuut..... I really want to catch up on some backlog before Nov, lol

Dthomp

Haven't logged in for 2 weeks, anything huge I missed?

Nah, still just the Solstice of Boredom crap. Another week of story stuff with the same ol' boring Contact mission. I'd assume the reset after next maybe we start to see something different (Contact on Mercury/Mars?)

VertigoOA

Banned
Contact won’t be on Mercury or Mars. We are waiting on the rest of the travelers judgement quest and the Rasputin quest on mars which has something called Calamity Protocol. I think that’s in the first two weeks of September tho

Is the GAF clan still active looking for xbox/pc

On PC me and Robot Carnival are the most active members I believe, but we're not really in a GAF clan at the moment though I think we're both willing to play with GAFers if they want us to. For me the game is dead at the moment because I don't care about the new armor sets but I'm absolutely returning for the DLC.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
On PC me and Robot Carnival are the most active members I believe, but we're not really in a GAF clan at the moment though I think we're both willing to play with GAFers if they want us to. For me the game is dead at the moment because I don't care about the new armor sets but I'm absolutely returning for the DLC.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Not to interested in the solctice armor...just messing around until new dlc comes out. I mainly swap between Xbox and PC.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Not to interested in the solctice armor...just messing around until new dlc comes out. I mainly swap between Xbox and PC.

My name on Steam is the same as here, send me a friend request, if there's more than one person with my name look for the one with over 900 Steam games lol also an avatar of the xenomorph from Alien.

I've been off the game for a couple weeks due to RL stuff and playing some other games. but I'm gona do the new armor stuff at least for my Warlock, and not sure what else. we'll see. if you need someone to run stuff with, my Steam name is Carnival Of Stupid. send me a shout and I can help with whatever.

Shubh_C63

I am just farming for BD to get armor ornament, then calling it quits on this event.
Need to complete so many exotics before Sunset anyway. Erianna's Vow Catalyst still stuck at 200/400.

VertigoOA

Banned
I finished soooo many catalysts these last two weeks. Eriana is one of them. Finished Polaris lance and Huckleberry over the weekend too.

Eriana pairs exceptionally well with Breachlight sidearm while running surprise attack mod. It’s got poor handling and ads time tho so you want to slap enhanced handcanon targeting and Dexterity mods on your armor for it to be usable in pvp

And since you’re running handcanon mods with it. Might as well run both kinetic and energy weapon slots with handcanons to maximize armor energy use. I bet you can make a very strong build with it and this season’s mods

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
That build needs more 1hk weapons to match current Crucible specs

Yea and no. Masterworked eriana has a huge magazine. I think it’s somewhat balanced due to ammo economy. Altho I do think Eriana should perform equally to a rapid-fire frame sniper rifle for sure.

I’m trying to get truthteller right. My concussion grenade, field prep, disruption break with blast radius masterwork one vastly outperforms the same roll with either concussion or spike grenades witha handling masterwork. With mountaintop being rightfully retired.... you can now care about that launcher.

Kackis made a vid theorizing if our sunsetting pinnacle weapons like Recluse and Luna, etc should be made into exotics. And yeah ... I agree... making them exotics would be a wise move to balance and keep these game defining weapons still relevant... but... if they’re exotics ... you might just see them even more.

It’s not like players ever run exotics in pvp... so if we made them exotics ... nothing would change... lol

Keep mountaintop out. Keep that gambit auto rifle out. Make Luna’s Howl, Recluse and that fully loaded fusion rifle exotics. Those I’m cool with.

Mountaintop is just ... and I never use this word because it’s lame as fuck... but mountain encourages a shit, unfun, toxic play style that’s abused by crucible scrubs.

I want a goddamn handcanon meta again.... even if my sidearm sniper play style is more effective... the spray and play meta of gnawing hunger right now is way too casual friendly for crucible...

I still need to get the catalyst for Telsto and Sleeper before Beyond Light (also missing Prometheus Lens and Mida catalyst, but those I feel will come in time) off the top of my head. not sure what else thou.

VertigoOA

Banned
Sounds like the weekly modifiers were favorable...

I feel like I have nothing else left to do... almost. And we still have two months to go.

I can feel the freedom... I think I’m starting to prefer the longer seasons. Always feels like a goddamn race otherwise. They should cut them down to three a year.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Just logged in to play for the first time in two weeks last night. Love the new area. Huge maze.vbno idea what to do mind you

I take it you didn't do solstice last year then? This is literally EXACTLY like it was last year. If not, glad you enjoy it, but all in all it gets old super fast

VertigoOA

Banned
Armor chase was definitely worse last year for forcing you to do tons of EAZ runs.

I played it less than 5x this time. Verticality and exploration aspect is neat but yea... it’s kinda lame.

That Aztecross video... where he kinda revealed that last year at some community conference, Luke Smith himself revealed that in order to rebuild the engine they would have to remove destinations and reintroduce them, or words similar to such...

Makes it sounds like they’re building “D3” thru Destiny 2.

I don’t think any of these vaulted destinations will be returning however. I would assume that it’s the Cosmodrome and Europa that feature any changes in that area and builusing upgraded tech.

Its definitely time for major sequel-type changes and upgrades. I guess we’re getting that over the next three years.

Geoff Keighly tweeted out that at 2pm ET on Thursday (tomorrow) during the 2 hour gamescom event is the next Beyond Light reveal.

Dthomp

I didn't last year at all. I could see that being annoying. They hopefully don't do the forest for Halloween again

Wouldn't shock me, everything I think between now and BL other then the exotic sidearm quest is going to be real lazy (Like Solstice). Halloween event will be right before BL, so we won't see any drastic changes since it's all hands on building the next iteration of the gameplay. We getting another boring Halloween run, hopefully it's just junk nobody cares about and they can recharge before meaningful content and a real roadmap for the future

VertigoOA

Banned
They’re definitely milking the haunted forest one last time before the mercury goes away and removes it from the game entirely. Makes you think... if not for the delay... we probably would’ve been looking at a different Halloween event since the Infinite Forest is getting deleted

Dthomp

I love when Luke talks about supers needing to maybe be more like D1 (One and done mostly) all this trailer shows me is more fucking roaming supers with multiple uses. Hopefully it was just cut in a way to show all the different things but they aren't an all in one type deal, cause that may be a deal breaker for me. I want my PVP to be gun focused with some abilities, not a fucking moba or super simulator.

VertigoOA

Banned
I can’t ever recall him saying they should be one and done. D2’s supers are far more interesting and fun that D1’s. I definitely do not want to ever see such a change

Only thing I can recall him commenting on is more freedom with the skill tree selection akin to D1.... and only the stasis subclass will feature something like that it seems with Beyond Light And not the current existing trees.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
It’s more fun and supers can be easily shut down.

I don’t have D1 goggles at all. I prefer D2 significantly more at this point no doubt about it.

Last edited:
I miss the general armor design from D1. I miss my cloaks. I miss the way factions used to work. And i miss some strikes. Other than that D2 is superior in every way.

VertigoOA

Banned
New skill tree customization ... looks OP. You can add mods or something to your subclass build that can affect intellect And ability cooldowns etc.

Solstice ends this week for the armor... nothing new. Sidearm maybe next week.

I’ll be playing Yakuza.

VertigoOA

Banned
Anybody willing to help me through master nightfall.

i just saw this... I’ll log in tonight for a couple of hours on PSN if that’s where you play. I’m always down for anything really.

So... We got a new rumor.

In the latest TWAB they detailed what happens to triump scores since they’re also retiring old triumphs since those won’t be completeable...

That’s not the interesting reveal.... they also leaked catalysts and destination icons for new triumphs...

The Cosmodrome icon is the same as that featured on the armor of Uldren back when he was shown as a guardian on the cosmodrome in one of the earliest D1 reveals. It’s assumed that Bungie are indeed going back to that idea and either with Beyond Light or later this year that Uldren may even be the planetary vendor for the cosmodrome.

It’s cool that things left of the cutting room floor many years ago now get brought back into the fold.

VertigoOA

Banned
You have less than an hour. I didn’t the grind the armor. Just got the ornament and peaced out.

TODAY should be the sidearm quest ... I think... finally.

Last edited:
You have less than an hour. I didn’t the grind the armor. Just got the ornament and peaced out.

TODAY should be the sidearm quest ... I think... finally.

doh. I got all of them done except the trail stuff. oh well.

ps: and maintenance just hit.

Last edited:
got the Traveler's Chosen sidearm, kinda long but easy quest over all. had not really got a chance to use it yet thou.

also, turns out I didn't even get the glow ornament for the solstice armor from the store. and now it's not available any more. oh well.

got some time, hopped on LFG, and got both of my missing catalyst (Telsto and Sleeper) today. now just need to actually finish these catalyst and the Rat King one and I'm set.

edit: oh, actually the Telsto one is already done now lol so just Sleeper and Rat King left. that and need catalyst for Mida also

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Ordered my Moments if triump 2020 shirt. I really liked last year’s. And honestly, their shirts are comfy material and the MoT shirts are subtle enough that they’re nice.

Keep in mind orders need to be made before the September 21st.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Quick question, if I bought all the dlc so far, can I just us the digital f2p version or no?

I bought vanilla destiny (and now the dlc) on PS4 and looking to keep going on ps5 with the digital version but I'm not sure if that will work.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Dthomp

Quick question, if I bought all the dlc so far, can I just us the digital f2p version or no?

I bought vanilla destiny (and now the dlc) on PS4 and looking to keep going on ps5 with the digital version but I'm not sure if that will work.

Thoughts?

You should be able to, I'm not sure if there are any extra steps. You may have to delete your disc version from the system and redownload the digital version. May be best to verify on the bungie forums or reddit to see if anybody else has done this. I've done this with other titles, should be easy since all your stuff is saved on their crappy servers

VertigoOA

Banned
I’m happy. Got my Ps5 pre-order in. And I have no intention of playing anything at launch other than destiny.

It will be strange playing the New expansion two days earlier on PS4 and then making the jump tho. So it goes.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
You should be able to, I'm not sure if there are any extra steps. You may have to delete your disc version from the system and redownload the digital version. May be best to verify on the bungie forums or reddit to see if anybody else has done this. I've done this with other titles, should be easy since all your stuff is saved on their crappy servers
Fyi, it seems to work 100%

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Jumped in last night for the first time in a few weeks. What's up with the Rasputin stuff all around io? Is it for that quest? I'm doing evacuation right now. Did titan, and io. Got to mercury and mars next.

Top Bottom