• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Shubh_C63

Will the double Nightfall ordeal rewards stay till the next week ?

I wouldn't be able to play this weekend so I gotta know.

VertigoOA

Banned
Will the double Nightfall ordeal rewards stay till the next week ?

I wouldn't be able to play this weekend so I gotta know.

Maybe they will re-appear this season again. Maybe not. Basically it was a bug awhile back that they realized had positive playlists population results and will be a thing moving forward.

Ghost mods incoming for Beyond Light. They announced what’s new for ghosts in this week’s TWAB. It’s mostly currency and xp mods. I’m definitely going to be running the enhancement core boon for pvp all day.

Definitely think D3 is being split across the three expansions announced for the next three years.

Imagine the Darkness do arrive in fall? They’re setting them up for the appearance in the game now but the previews indicate nothing. I’m really hoping it’s a huge surprise we won’t know about until the raid is beaten.

Last edited:

Dibbs

Got a nice little sunshine story to share, I was at a LAN party this weekend together with my old time friends and I thought that this was a perfect moment to return to Destiny 2 after a half year break. My pals whom have never played it watched me play and they all decided to try it. Long story short we ended up playing D2 all weekend long including a full party hilarious raid attempt (EoW). Magic :messenger_beermugs:

Lanrutcon

Popped back into Warframe while waiting on the coming expansion. Pretty sure between Warframe and Destiny 2 I'd never need (or have time) to play another game ever again.

Might be my eyes, but Warframe got a serious visual upgrade since I played last year. All the jaggies are gone, textures are crisp, they dialed the particles up to 11 (out of a possible 5). I badly want Destiny 2 to implement some decent AA.

Compsiox

Banned
I hope one day we'll get a playthrough of the original Destiny when Joe Staten was at the helm.

I bet the story he crafted was amazing.

If we could get all the details that would be cool but I'd love to see a playthrough.

Trogdor1123

Sounds like we are getting a pretty neat quest tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Anyone got a good build for travels chosen? I'm trying to get something going with it and ashes to assets abut want to optimize it a bit more. I'm on hunter.

Trogdor1123

Sorry for so many posts in a row but has anyone pressed Bungie on the moral issues around vaulting locations that we already paid for? Pretty fucking dodgey

HoodWinked

Can anyone point me to a good source for the gambit rewards? I mean if you grind all week and reset your rank. I can’t find it anywhere.
Playing gambit for gambit rewards is weirdly not optimal. The armor drops at exceptionally low stats and the pool of weapons are either mostly bad or being sunset. The gnawing hunger is the only noteworthy one and it's easier to just focus umbral engram farm for those.

Trogdor1123

When you log in there is a little not about a computer being activated on Mars. You need to find (no markers fyi) and there are no hints (that I saw at least). I came across it by luck.

You then go back to ana and she gives you a token to exchange for an exotic with xur or the cyrptarch.

It's really small but I'd urge you to not Google it and find it on your own. It was kinda fun. I can give a simple hint if you are interested that won't spoil it too much.

There is some neatore content with it too that I believe will matter later.

Last edited:

Dthomp

A nice nod, but it's far from a quest for people thinking about returning just for this. It's almost nothing, only useful if you missed one of the old season exotics that Rahool sells since you get an exotic cypher. It will literally take you 2 minutes, and it's just a usual wall of text from Ana

Trogdor1123

A nice nod, but it's far from a quest for people thinking about returning just for this. It's almost nothing, only useful if you missed one of the old season exotics that Rahool sells since you get an exotic cypher. It will literally take you 2 minutes, and it's just a usual wall of text from Ana
Yep, but I think they hinted at some neat stuff that might come to mean something.

Dthomp

Yep, but I think they hinted at some neat stuff that might come to mean something.

Did they? I honestly haven't really paying attention to anything much since Solstice so I easily could have missed it. I'd be all for something, hell ANYTHING to do that isn't the same old "Checkmark the boxes" list of chores

Trogdor1123

Did they? I honestly haven't really paying attention to anything much since Solstice so I easily could have missed it. I'd be all for something, hell ANYTHING to do that isn't the same old "Checkmark the boxes" list of chores
I'll find the text and post it. I could be hoping too much and connecting things that don't really exist

VertigoOA

Banned
Dynamic weather featured on Europa. During the blizzard phase of the storm you need thermal scopes to see enemies thru the whiteout. Pretty cool.

They revealed the map too. Seems huge. Map for Europa was teased as Cayde’s treasure map in the collector’s edition of... Taken King. So they’ve been working on this for awhile.

Dibbs

All right all right all right

Im halfway through the Luna's Howl quest and I've just read that LH is getting the sunset treatment, so it does seems a little pointless to continue the grind for that quest...or am I wrong here? I generally like the idea of sunset weapons but that's a massive quest and it does feel a little unfair investing hours into it when it's going to be almost (?) useless come Beyond Light

Dthomp

All right all right all right

Im halfway through the Luna's Howl quest and I've just read that LH is getting the sunset treatment, so it does seems a little pointless to continue the grind for that quest...or am I wrong here? I generally like the idea of sunset weapons but that's a massive quest and it does feel a little unfair investing hours into it when it's going to be almost (?) useless come Beyond Light

It's probably not worth it, it was a great gun in it's prime but it got nerfed into the ground and after BL it will only be useful in Quickplay anyway. If you aren't a completionist, don't waste your time

Dibbs

It's probably not worth it, it was a great gun in it's prime but it got nerfed into the ground and after BL it will only be useful in Quickplay anyway. If you aren't a completionist, don't waste your time

Yay....

just as I thought. Thanks man

tommycronin

Maybe? I managed to snag pre-orders for both consoles.

I want to go exclusively Xbox but most of my friends will be on PS5 and my last Xbox buddies from IRL have made the jump to PS5. Depends on playerbase honestly.

Yeah I've been playing on ps4 for years and I've done pretty much everything in it but with the new expansion being free on gamepass and wanting to hop to xbox primarily it seems like the best choice. All the people I know who play destiny are on PS but I need some new people to play with most of them are ERA whackos haha. We could always try and make one ourselves for here but I don't know what the process is for that here. New expansion being on gamepass might get a lot of people over to Xbox.

• Empathy
Reactions: MrS

VertigoOA

Banned
Yeah I've been playing on ps4 for years and I've done pretty much everything in it but with the new expansion being free on gamepass and wanting to hop to xbox primarily it seems like the best choice. All the people I know who play destiny are on PS but I need some new people to play with most of them are ERA whackos haha. We could always try and make one ourselves for here but I don't know what the process is for that here. New expansion being on gamepass might get a lot of people over to Xbox.

Old GAF clan can go fuck itself. I will never play with the old guard and resetera weebs. Not happening. Fuck that clan. I made a new one ... but it has two members.

Being associated with GAF or ERA is a joke and embarrassment.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I got a vex Lord eye and have been leveling it. Are there other ones like it?

How? I would need to see a screenshot of what you’re talking about. I assume it’s a quest if anything.

Vex Gatelord Eye was a seasonal artifact last September that should no longer exist In the game. So that’s where my confusion is from.

Trogdor1123

How? I would need to see a screenshot of what you’re talking about. I assume it’s a quest if anything.

Vex Gatelord Eye was a seasonal artifact last September that should no longer exist In the game. So that’s where my confusion is from.
I was going to say that too, that shouldn't be possible.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Old GAF clan can go fuck itself. I will never play with the old guard and resetera weebs. Not happening. Fuck that clan. I made a new one ... but it has two members.

Being associated with GAF or ERA is a joke and embarrassment.
giphy.gif

VertigoOA

Banned
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit: Here’s some vids

Apparently the EXO are very likely made with Vex tech or using Vex:

And for us PVP nerds; here’s the best destiny pvp podcast:

Last edited:

duhmetree

I'm happy with the road they're taking. More RPG elements

I'd really just wish Bungie uses some of that publishing $$$ to maybe look to acquire more studios to help. High Moon and Vicarious Visions were amazing, from the PC port to the actual content. If they could get a small team to pump out Seasonal content and/or midyear DLC, it'd help A LOT.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Eh, I'm not sure that's true. They had both of those studios and couldn't keep up with the slim content schedule they had. I would much rather see one big DLC a year with small additions throughout and keep it focused tightly. Vendor updates every year with rotating stock, and put some of the gameplay loop for each player behind trying to track down that god roll weapon or armor versus stocking up on tokens and just playing the lottery.

VertigoOA

Banned
Working on Hard Light and Suros catalysts this week.

I’ve never played with either really. It’s forcing me into a auto and shotty pairing. Jeez, Hard Light still tears it up.

Also got my Worldline Zero catalyst to 60%. Two more weeks of bosses to finish it before it goes away.

I need to do whisper heroic this week for the whisper catalyst. Don’t think I have enough time to finish the outbreak one (I think that’s 5 weeks long?). Although I think both Whisper and Outbreak catalysts were mentioned to drop elsewhere later on.

Been trying to trim down the vault too. Ugh... so much work just to be “ready” for Beyond Light.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Working on Hard Light and Suros catalysts this week.

I’ve never played with either really. It’s forcing me into a auto and shotty pairing. Jeez, Hard Light still tears it up.

Also got my Worldline Zero catalyst to 60%. Two more weeks of bosses to finish it before it goes away.

I need to do whisper heroic this week for the whisper catalyst. Don’t think I have enough time to finish the outbreak one (I think that’s 5 weeks long?). Although I think both Whisper and Outbreak catalysts were mentioned to drop elsewhere later on.

Been trying to trim down the vault too. Ugh... so much work just to be “ready” for Beyond Light.
I'm kinda lost... I guess I better start reading more. I thought all exotics were staying?

Also, I realized I don't have those ones. Are there guides for them?

Dthomp

I'm kinda lost... I guess I better start reading more. I thought all exotics were staying?

Also, I realized I don't have those ones. Are there guides for them?

The mission for Whisper, and mars going away will make their catalysts unable to finish in their current states. Outbreak needed either 5 clears of the heroic version, or 3 while doing the other method with the computers before the boss, but that mission may be going away too

VertigoOA

Banned
Both quests are going away. Bungie words it to make it sound like both those weapons will be acquired in some way later on. Here’s the excerpt about the Destiny Content Vault from Bungie’s website:

“Whisper of the Worm and Outbreak Perfected will not be available to acquire at the start of Year 4. Players will need to complete the associated activities to earn these weapons prior to November 10.”

I’m assuming Exotic Ciphers will be needed for new players to acquire “legacy” exotics from an in-game kiosk or vendor. Seems like it’s going that way

Last edited:
Top Bottom