• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

VertigoOA

Banned
So the physics and mission host talk and engine changes mentioned last week... it’s pretty much moving us closer to dedicated servers. It may even be a huge help in anti-cheat. Glad had a vid where Paraisito jumps in and tries to explain all of it. It also allows Bungie to universally change things for everyone in real time without reliance on instances... cool stuff

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

How's this going to affect latency? Am I going to feel my ping more? Is this going to result in rubber banding?

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
There are benefits to its peer to peer connections with pve. I hear this and it sounds to me like a fix for pvp cheating in some form.

I doubt it’s anything that extensive and mostly geared towards “live events” but I guess we’re going to have to wait and see.

Today’s TWAB is lame. Mostly about next week’s Halloween event. Don’t care about that stuff... only want info on Beyond Light

However.... I guess we’re going to have to wait until this drops...

edge3517nk1t.jpg

My expectations for Beyond Light are to surpass the quality of any past expansion. It needs to be sequel-esque. I hope it comes close to such

VertigoOA

Banned
Working on whisper and outbreak catalysts.

If takes 5 weeks to do outbreak perfected without that crazy puzzle. It takes 3 for whisper with oracles.

So I think that means if you don’t have that done you have to RIGHT NOW.

I sooooooo regret not doing these when they dropped. I’ll complete them in time but I got the weapons when they first dropped but kept putting off catalyst progression till now.

Welp. I’m definitely cutting it close

Vindicator

Ignored Heroic Zero Hour for too long, mostly because of the outer Wall part.
Wasn't too bad in hindsight, running 100 Mobility Hunter helped a lot (Stompees gave too much momentum imo).

Last edited:

Dibbs

Ignored Heroic Zero for too long, mostly because of the outer Wall part.
Wasn't too bad in hindsight, running 100 Mobility Hunter helped a lot (Stompees gave too much momentum imo).

Ouch, heroic version. Im glad I finally made it through the normal one

Vindicator

Just practice, clearing the first rooms as quick as possible is essential imo so you have room for mistakes at the jumping segments, even in my successful runs I died here and there, often at the easier parts...

VertigoOA

Banned
Should be a good update today right? It should be the last story item right?

Halloween update should come with the last seasonal content but it could still be time gated.

Edit: Bungie is dropping a video tomorrow. Some kind of reveal

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

I guess I should jump in today.

Edit: I think the only thing stopping me from getting Forerunner is Gambit participation. Caaaaaancer.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Logged in, tried the haunted forest, logged out.

I've played Destiny 2 for like, half a year now. Haven't seen a single event that doesn't suck.

Vindicator

As a leftie I can't really go back to Console, aiming with m/k feels so much better, together with the higher FoV + Ultrawide.
Might check it out on PS5 nonetheless, also Gamepass cloud.

Dthomp

Logged in, tried the haunted forest, logged out.

I've played Destiny 2 for like, half a year now. Haven't seen a single event that doesn't suck.

These copy/paste events from previous years are bad enough, but they added stupid RNG to an already bad event. I already don't log in for anything other then "new" content, so you can imagine my thoughts about logging in for the new event only to have to run ALL THE OLD SHIT for a .04% chance for the cyphers you need to open 45!!!! fucking chests.

Seriously, you had a blueprint of a good game to just improve on, and it's like they actively try to make their game less fun at every turn.

Trogdor1123

These copy/paste events from previous years are bad enough, but they added stupid RNG to an already bad event. I already don't log in for anything other then "new" content, so you can imagine my thoughts about logging in for the new event only to have to run ALL THE OLD SHIT for a .04% chance for the cyphers you need to open 45!!!! fucking chests.

Seriously, you had a blueprint of a good game to just improve on, and it's like they actively try to make their game less fun at every turn.
I just did the first bit last night of the cyphers. Is it really 0.04%? I assume that's a joke but you never know with Destiny

Dthomp

I just did the first bit last night of the cyphers. Is it really 0.04%? I assume that's a joke but you never know with Destiny

Nah just a long running Destiny joke from D1, but the rates sound like they are bugged *Shocking I know*. Might get a couple an hour if you're lucky running strikes or crap. Better to wait and see if there is a patch in the next day or so

VertigoOA

Banned
Haunted Forest is still the best use of the Infinite Forest in the game so the Halloween event is still the best of all the events.

I imagine this is the last time we see it. I would’ve expected a different a Halloween event altogether if Beyond Light wasn’t delayed.

New power caps and rolls for those holiday auto rifles is nice but I won’t be chasing them much.

Finally unlocked the catalyst for Bad Juju. I solo’d the exotic quest but that didn’t earn my 45th tribute for tribute hall. Little did I know tho, that the minimum threshold score nightfall score tribute can be done with The Ordeal. Equipped some opulent armor and knocked that one off the list.

Sooo I've been really into the first Destiny. When the sequel happened I couldn't gather enough passion to engage with it initially, but right now I yearn my Destiny fix.

Here's a thing, I'm so confused when it comes to content I need to jump in. I thought about grabbing an Upgrade Edition (Y2 and Y3 included), playing until Beyond Light and then jumping into whole package, but with Destiny Content Vault I don't want to be fucked over the content that's about to be cycled out in a month. I'd be extremely grateful if anyone help me out. Cheers.

I'm on PS4 btw.

VertigoOA

Banned
Sooo I've been really into the first Destiny. When the sequel happened I couldn't gather enough passion to engage with it initially, but right now I yearn my Destiny fix.

Here's a thing, I'm so confused when it comes to content I need to jump in. I thought about grabbing an Upgrade Edition (Y2 and Y3 included), playing until Beyond Light and then jumping into whole package, but with Destiny Content Vault I don't want to be fucked over the content that's about to be cycled out in a month. I'd be extremely grateful if anyone help me out. Cheers.

I'm on PS4 btw.

New players are best served waiting for Beyond Light. Unless you somehow make good use out of the 5 weeks left until all the year one content is cut.

You could play the campaigns I guess and start getting whatever exotics you could now.

Also this season’s weapons and gear and whatever mods you unlock on the way are investments into the game also.

But... I expect the new or lapsed player experience to be streamlined when Beyond Light drops. So I still kinda suggest waiting

VertigoOA

Banned
So no clue about what that ascendant mirror is or whatever it’s called when decoding 45 ciphers from this holiday event and completing its associated triumph.

Current speculation leads most to think its for future beyond light content...

So it could be nothing but now I kinda need to get it

Edit: TWAB Impressions -

Looks like they’re doing away with armor affinity being related to weapon specific mods (targeting, reload, etc...).

Change to mod socketing. Charge by Light and Warmind cells now go in the “combat mod” socket. So those mods may be staying or re-introduced (as well as potential future combat mods).

Combat mods will also finally be able to be applied to exotic armor pieces.

Raid armor will have their own 5th socket for Raid mods. Taken armaments mods from last wish we only be usable in last wish as raid mods. Fallen and hive mods from older raids are being phased out entirely.

Edit 2: Cipher Decoders

Cipher Decoder drop rate buffed. I was getting them from Nightfall Ordeal, which seemed like a good idea due to the double nightfall rewards to material farm cores and prisms. However players speed running the strike is ruining the experience.

As with everything ... if I can do it in crucible I do it there preferably... Every other crucible match I get TWO cipher decoders to drop from a single game. It’s pretty reliable.

Last edited:

Kerotan

The Anarchy dropped for 3 of us today in the same raid. Couldn't believe it. Only my 5th time doing the scourge Boss and another guys second attempt. Some lad on 12 runs didn't get it 😂😭😭.

Got my tribute for 40k triumph score so only 2 left to get to fill up the hall. Didn't think I'd ever do it when I heard they were removing the hall but I got there.

Anybody know what I got to do to slay the ghosts behind eris?

VertigoOA

Banned
You don’t slay the ghosts behind Eris. Each time you do her weekly quest from Shadowkeep another shows up actually.

Next-gen upgrade delay is a total bummer btw. I can deal with it but it still sucks it’s not gonna be there day one

ScrewAttack

Neo Member
After a few months break from the game, finally got round to knocking out Izanagi's Burden, and finishing Jotunn and Le Monarch. First time using the lfg app for it, went quite well. Almost finished Malfeasance and Thorn as well!

Haven't raided in the game since the original Leviathan, always hated having to use external lfg to find groups. But, I think it's time to get the raids done before they disappear so tonight I'm gonna start working through the Leviathan stuff. Maybe I'll get away without having to use a mic :messenger_tears_of_joy:

VertigoOA

Banned
Nah, you won’t get away raiding without a mic.

The Destiny Bungie app for LFG is great. They just need to build that into the game While keeping the phone app functional since in way it’s a bit more efficient.

I completed Whisper, Lumina and Sunshot catalysts this week. Almost done with Outbreak and Worldline Zero.

Gonna try and raid this week myself as well. Will probably keep running scourge until Anarchy drops. We’ll see... I’m kinda running out of reasons to play.

ScrewAttack

Neo Member
I do wonder why it's not in the game sometimes. Better than the old lfg days at least!

That's a shame, but as long as people aren't screeching/making stupid noises down the mic guess I'll live. That's the main thing I want to avoid really. I raided all through D1 and raid in FFXIV so it's not like strats are a problem, but I appreciate folks like the instant feedback it makes possible.

VertigoOA

Banned
I do wonder why it's not in the game sometimes. Better than the old lfg days at least!

That's a shame, but as long as people aren't screeching/making stupid noises down the mic guess I'll live. That's the main thing I want to avoid really. I raided all through D1 and raid in FFXIV so it's not like strats are a problem, but I appreciate folks like the instant feedback it makes possible.

I can see issues having the phone app work in tandem with a game version. It should be a group finder type of overlay queue I think like FF14’s duty finder. Then again... next gen hardware giving us more power could facilitate such things more easily.

There’s other areas I think they should improve the social aspect of the game. For instance, having voice chat on by default in ALL playlist activities and even enabling proximity voice chat in public spaces. Have a warning upon first boot to say it’s on by default and give players who want to opt out the option to do so.

I know it’s a bit risky because “won’t someone think about the children” type of shrieking but regardless of such whining strengthening the social aspect of this game should always be a priority.

Last edited:

ScrewAttack

Neo Member
I can see issues having the phone app work in tandem with a game version. It should be a group finder type of overlay queue I think like FF14’s duty finder. Then again... next gen hardware giving us more power could facilitate such things more easily.

There’s other areas I think they should improve the social aspect of the game. For instance, having voice chat on by default in ALL playlist activities and even enabling proximity voice chat in public spaces. Have a warning upon first boot to say it’s on by default and give players who want to opt out the option to do so.

I know it’s a bit risky because “won’t someone think about the children” type of shrieking but regardless of such whining strengthening the social aspect of this game should always be a priority.

Would be a nice start if they enabled keyboard/text chat on console like the pc version apparently has! Keyboards cost next to nothing!

Trogdor1123

Any rumors on new content for today? I got a few ciphers I could do I suppose. Nothing really pulling me back in.

There isn't an exotic gun for Halloween this year either is there?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I am sure this has been asked many times but what is the best guide to jumping into this game. I recently hopped back in and finished the campaigns and I still feel like I have no real grasp on what my end game is.
Thanks

VertigoOA

Banned
Any rumors on new content for today? I got a few ciphers I could do I suppose. Nothing really pulling me back in.

There isn't an exotic gun for Halloween this year either is there?

Latest rumors and previous data mines indicate that a community event is on its way but it seems like it may be during the last week of the season.

And the craziest of rumors believes the 45 cipher quest and ascendant mirror are for hawkmoon.

I think nothing this week. But I guess we shall see shortly

ScrewAttack

Neo Member
Is jotuun hard to get? I'm always getting owned by it.

Not particularly, bunch of Vex kills with fusion rifles and forging 10 of the legendary frames, actually getting mine this evening. Not sure whether Black Armory content is going away or not, but you can only do two legendary frames a week so it takes five weeks to get.

Currently working on getting the BA exotic ship cos it sexy as. Just 80 frames to go lmao :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Gp1

Anyone still playing this on pc?

I'm trying to do whisper of worm mission solo and... the second fighting room is my limit :messenger_neutral:

Anyone still playing this on pc?

I'm trying to do whisper of worm mission solo and... the second fighting room is my limit :messenger_neutral:

I've been playing other stuff mostly but can help if you're having a tough time. not sure how well we can do it with 2 but I'm down to try. Carnival Of Stupid is my Steam ID. let me know when you want to give it a try.

Lanrutcon

The crossplay thing is probably more to do with commercials and how the accounts would work. I doubt they'd tank a chance to massively conjoin their playerbase based on a few hackers in a single game mode that most of the player base doesn't give a crap about.

Has Bungie ever taken mass action against hackers? I don't recall seeing any tidal waves of tears like WoW causes every now and then.

Cross play is 80% because of how bad it plays on console. You'd have no chance of keeping up with pc gamers, console gamers have been begging for separate world's first races for console and pc. You literally move slower on console, also read somewhere the frame rate being lower actually hurts boss dps.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Some weapons sandbox info and adept weapons in trials.

Hand canon changes. 110s made into 120s. 150s like Spare Rations now 140s. Increased range drop off values for those aforementioned archetypes. 180s get a boost in magazine size. Sunshot the only remaining 150.

Adept weapons and adept mods in trials. Adept weapons get bonuses to stats when masterworked like armor does.

Adjustments to aim assist relative to scopes used on snipers.

Adept weapons just became the most desirable weapons in the game. And I’m excited about the hand canon changes.

Last edited:
Some weapons sandbox info and adept weapons in trials.

Hand canon changes. 110s made into 120s. 150s like Spare Rations now 140s. Increased range drop off values for those aforementioned archetypes. 180s get a boost in magazine size. Sunshot the only remaining 150.

Adept weapons and adept mods in trials. Adept weapons get bonuses to stats when masterworked like armor does.

Adjustments to aim assist relative to scopes used on snipers.

Adept weapons just became the most desirable weapons in the game. And I’m excited about the hand canon changes.

I don't wanna do Trials to get the best weapons, that mode is cancer.

VertigoOA

Banned
I love trials hehe. But yea these will be very rare. Unless this somehow attracts casual pvpers as fodder.

Best loot should be in end game activities. Depends what they do with raid loot and raid mods to be just as desirable

Im sure adept weapons having stat bonuses is gonna cause quite an uproar.

They didn’t address pve and ability stuff... not sure they will. I don’t mind but I also want to know everything.

Was going thru my handcanon collection last night ... looking forward to the changes.

Top Bottom