• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen |OT|

Dthomp

wq_media_wallpaper_2.jpg

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
Release Date: Feb 22nd 2022

Trailers and Videos:

Game Awards Trailer:

Gameplay Trailer:

ViDoc:

Weapons and Gear Trailer:

-----------

Honestly, I have been experiencing alot IRL and so haven't had alot of time to keep up on things as far as D2 goes. So I will gladly add to this as needed as things move forward with the Witch Queen. My hope is that this DLC changes the boring road we've been on and we see an influx of new and returning players. I purged my old clan, and would be happy to open it up (I'd like it to be mostly console as I'm not a big fan of crossplay, but could consider it).

If anyone has links that should be here or info, please DM me and I'll update this as we go along. Until then happy hunting Guardians.

Last edited:
I'm excited, though it's gonna be a bitch fitting this in alongside Horizon, Elden Ring and the Cyberpunk update.

I started a new GAF clan but didn't really take off I guess cuz players on here aren't that active anymore. If anyone wants to join LMK.

Dthomp

Anybody who wants to add me to run stuff. I'll leave my stuff below. I'm more then willing to run PVE stuff Cross-Play with PC/Xbox players, but any PVP stuff I'd prefer to stick to console players only as I don't need that headache.

PSN: Dthomp
BungieID: Dthomp2876

I am really far behind in activities, but will try to start posting some group activity stuff to sign up for. I personally still need the Vex Catalyst, many new dungeon runs as I have only got to do it once so far, VoG clears in general, especially adept versions, and sadly still need the rocket from DSC.

This week may be hit or miss for activities since I need to do the bounties for IB first and foremost.

Dthomp

TWAB 2/17/22

There is this weeks TWAB, i've kind of purposefully skipped learning much about WQ cause I hadn't had time to focus on it, and two, because I like to be surprised. Gambit stuff is an improvement, still not enough to make me care about that bad game mode though.

Gotta say, I stepped into IB for the first time in a couple of seasons...and how does anybody enjoy PVP in the game? It was one of my favorite things in D1, but holy hell...between teleporting everywhere, lag, and constant getting 3 tapped from across the map by Palis and Eyaslunas I just don't see the enjoyment. Trying to Snipe? Sorry flinched to death from a Pulse three times out of it's range. Trying to control an area or lanes? Nah get a shotgun in the back thanks to trash spawns due to IB cap mechanic. I need to get the bounties done for the new season, but it's a struggle to enjoy myself. How does Bungie not see the player movement speed along with the shrinking of old maps makes it WAY to easy to get from A to B to C in the time it took to get from A to B in OG, and early D2. Speeds need to come down a bit IMO, if I wanted to play COD, I'd just go play COD.

I had one game where I got killed by a guy in his super, and spawn killed by it a second time (Thought this was gone). Had another in the same game, same dude killed me with a Ghally, and I respawn into the same guy precharging a Main Ingredient for the spawn kill. Also, I thought Fusions were nerfed?, or are they getting nerfed...cause that range is beyond dumb. Had another where I died, and I kid you not I was dead again in my spawn animation from a Ghally rocket...good times.

I consider myself good, not great...but this game REALLY needs a form of SBMM. Trying to get my footing after almost a year of nothing PVP related was a nightmare of teams and people just WAY out of my elo range it was nuts. I had a couple games with New Light players on my team. Can't imagine the mercies were fun for them and their .25 K/Ds those games. Went 4-8 on the evening...can't say I learned anything other then pray the connections aren't crap and swap off the sniper for the no talent shotties sooner...gross

Anybody who wants to add me to run stuff. I'll leave my stuff below. I'm more then willing to run PVE stuff Cross-Play with PC/Xbox players, but any PVP stuff I'd prefer to stick to console players only as I don't need that headache.

PSN: Dthomp
BungieID: Dthomp2876

I am really far behind in activities, but will try to start posting some group activity stuff to sign up for. I personally still need the Vex Catalyst, many new dungeon runs as I have only got to do it once so far, VoG clears in general, especially adept versions, and sadly still need the rocket from DSC.

This week may be hit or miss for activities since I need to do the bounties for IB first and foremost.
I'll add you when I have a chance.

so, a casual gaming friend recently decided to start trying Destiny 2 on the free to play side. I was trying to help him a little and realize how big a problem the new player experience is. it's not that they don't have guiding points for them, but everything seems to be pretty confusing. hopefully they get tighten that side of things a little too.

I should be playing most of today and tomorrow too, so if anyone need an extra body for stuff, let me know.

Dthomp

Good lord third day playing ib is there any mode as toxic and frusterating as this? Why call it control when there is no zone controlling going on? This is clash with every map being a tiny cricket or triangle to funnel you right back to the shotty or fusion that just killed you.

People need to start treating Dead Cliffs like Vostok before it left and just leave games on that map. It has always been trash, and somehow came back from fixing just as broken as before.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Good lord third day playing ib is there any mode as toxic and frusterating as this? Why call it control when there is no zone controlling going on? This is clash with every map being a tiny cricket or triangle to funnel you right back to the shotty or fusion that just killed you.

People need to start treating Dead Cliffs like Vostok before it left and just leave games on that map. It has always been trash, and somehow came back from fixing just as broken as before.

I was having fun with iron banner the other day for about 4 hours. Then we matched with blatant cheaters. Getting headshotted through walls, put a pixel around a corner and immediately get headshotted, didn’t matter if I walked around the corner, ran, slid, jumped, crouched. Nothing. Then they got Uber salty at me when I switched to the cheesiest toaster loadout because I’d had enough with their shit.

Very next match, got matched with the same team. Same thing.

My body is ready.

otDJ8l0.png

ti4XQNe.jpg

lol I'm not as prepared as you. only my Warlock is stocked up on engrams and what not. though I'm also full on the bounties.

honestly, that's not just IB. go play Control and you'll still get a bunch of people not capturing a single zone by the end of the match. I just don't understand why they play Control and not some of the other modes. I do, however, think an equally big issue is the lack of awareness on heavy ammo. when heavy is about to appear, fight for it. don't just run the other direction trying to kill someone and then get yourself kill. even if you end up getting the heavy ammo and then get killed by enemy right away, at least they only get 1 block of ammo instead of a bunch of them.

Appreciate it. BTW, are there any GAF clans with a spot open? My PSN is MIdboss and Bungie ID is MidBoss#9021

there WAS one but it kinda died I think. right now me and Dr. Samuel Hayden are in a small clan right now but there's only the 2 of us. if don't mind the lack of people, let us know and we can invite you in.

I’m wanting to jump back in for WQ (probably on PS5) but have never really had a group of people to do activities with. Feel free to add me:

psn: xx_shiv_xx
bungie id: xxx shiv xxx

Dthomp

Appreciate it. BTW, are there any GAF clans with a spot open? My PSN is MIdboss and Bungie ID is MidBoss#9021

I’m wanting to jump back in for WQ (probably on PS5) but have never really had a group of people to do activities with. Feel free to add me:

psn: xx_shiv_xx
bungie id: xxx shiv xxx
I'll send PSN Friend Requests to both of you tonight. Same as my username here. I'm willing to open my clan up as long as people are playing and being active. It's pretty tiny right now as I just pretty much purged to start over.

damnit... I didn't realize the game is offline starting tonight already and I left a bunch of gunsmith materials I still have around. just tried to log in to cash them in and realized it's offline until update. oh well, guess I lost over 10K gunsmith mats (well, more like a bunch of legendary shards, but I'm good on that anyway I guess).

Codeblew

I'll send PSN Friend Requests to both of you tonight. Same as my username here. I'm willing to open my clan up as long as people are playing and being active. It's pretty tiny right now as I just pretty much purged to start over.
Sounds good. I will look for it tomorrow after servers come up.

gimmmick

Never played destiny 2 (or 1). I’m a pretty jaded gamer but am a sucker for loot games (ala Diablo). Is this game play a little like the halo series? (Bunge developed the game).

Amaranty

If I wanted to get back into this game, then should I get all of the expansions? Do all exotic weapons scale with power level?

Tomeru

Yoooooo I'm ready for all my friends!

Marmot, Plum, Bean, Beaver, Chickpea, Parsley, Calabrese, Amaranth, Aligator, Chard, Ocarina, Leek, Lettuce, Corn and Garlic!

And their friends!

Violine, Harp, Guitar and Horn!

And I hope they bring new friends with them too! The more the merrier!

Never played destiny 2 (or 1). I’m a pretty jaded gamer but am a sucker for loot games (ala Diablo). Is this game play a little like the halo series? (Bunge developed the game).

the game play have some similarities, but there are more abilities to use. and if you so choose, you can build around using mostly abilities instead of weapons. but the weapons and the feel of the game overall does give you feels of Halo at times.

Is there a NeoGAF clan? I got kicked for inactivity since last season ran forever. I play on PC

well, both Dthomp and Dr. Samuel Hayden got a clan going for GAF players. if you're on PC, me and Hayden are in the 2 man PC clan if you don't mind the small crew. thou with cross play, which one you pick doesn't really matter that much these days.

If I wanted to get back into this game, then should I get all of the expansions? Do all exotic weapons scale with power level?

I would say just get Beyond Light if you really want to. unless you REALLY want some of the exotics from previous expansions, there really isn't much reason to get them I think. and yes, all weapons, including exotics, scales with power level. or rather, most of the activities themselves scales the power level. also, all non-sunset gears will be brought forward to 1350 power level, so everyone is basically starting fresh.

Last edited:
Titan is ready. Can't wait.
I wasn't hyped at all. But I love Destiny and more content is always good. I hope witch queen is more forsaken than beyond light though.

Shubh_C63

I would say just get Beyond Light if you really want to. unless you REALLY want some of the exotics from previous expansions, there really isn't much reason to get them I think. and yes, all weapons, including exotics, scales with power level. or rather, most of the activities themselves scales the power level. also, all non-sunset gears will be brought forward to 1350 power level, so everyone is basically starting fresh.
I think almost all BL activity is being vaulted and its exotics weren't must have atleast when compared to Forsaken.

I would say only to buy WQ. I think bungie has internal system where they will give free cypher currency for Forsaken Exotics (the only thing worth in that expansion) so you can get them in game. If not, forsaken prices are not changing. And Campaign of any Destiny expansions really isn't worth it, including Forsaken especially after the hype is over.
WQ campaign may be promising though.

Freeman76

It kind of has a similar loop to Diablo but the problem I have with Destiny is even though the guns feel superb and often very unique, there is nothing like Diablo where you get OP and just break the game, so nothing really feels special to own in it. Gameplay does remind of Halo at times, for me though the enemy design isn't as sharp as the Covenant and Brutes etc, I feel like that was a step backwards and they had to stick to it. The taken can be pretty cool though, and some Vex designs are pretty decent too. All just my opinion of course, I'm sure I'll get marked as triggered, LOL'd and all sorts of shit :D

Kerotan

damnit... I didn't realize the game is offline starting tonight already and I left a bunch of gunsmith materials I still have around. just tried to log in to cash them in and realized it's offline until update. oh well, guess I lost over 10K gunsmith mats (well, more like a bunch of legendary shards, but I'm good on that anyway I guess).
Was it just the banshee gunsmith materials that got lost? I've a few thousand of them also lol.

sainraja

I am part of the Ikari clan and I think they are always taking new people. I will try and send you an invite later tonight.

sainraja

It kind of has a similar loop to Diablo but the problem I have with Destiny is even though the guns feel superb and often very unique, there is nothing like Diablo where you get OP and just break the game, so nothing really feels special to own in it. Gameplay does remind of Halo at times, for me though the enemy design isn't as sharp as the Covenant and Brutes etc, I feel like that was a step backwards and they had to stick to it. The taken can be pretty cool though, and some Vex designs are pretty decent too. All just my opinion of course, I'm sure I'll get marked as triggered, LOL'd and all sorts of shit :D
Most people don't use the emoji system properly. If someone does use the 'triggered' emoji on you, that just means they were triggered by what you said. :D
That's how I see it anyway! lol

I am also a pretty funny guy because some people find my posts funny too. 🤪

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

It kind of has a similar loop to Diablo but the problem I have with Destiny is even though the guns feel superb and often very unique, there is nothing like Diablo where you get OP and just break the game, so nothing really feels special to own in it.
Couple of my friends had the same reaction to this but I later understood, Destiny activities are tailored in a way that they can be broken by just equipping the right gun and mods. Bungie reliance on exotics so much so that you experiment with the builds, but for being OP no one build is going to massacre in all activities. I would have liked it to be more like Borderlands with RNG on every gun but we already have Borderlands.

Dthomp

Couple of my friends had the same reaction to this but I later understood, Destiny activities are tailored in a way that they can be broken by just equipping the right gun and mods. Bungie reliance on exotics so much so that you experiment with the builds, but for being OP no one build is going to massacre in all activities. I would have liked it to be more like Borderlands with RNG on every gun but we already have Borderlands.

This has always been a big complaint of mine from the very beginning of D2. The need to keep you consistently just under the level of what you are doing makes everything slightly tedious without a modifier just being in your favor. I love that in Borderlands and Diablo that if I put in the time and grind I can be so OP that I steamroll everything on hardest difficulty. Artificial difficulties are just dumb. I loved occasionally hopping into D1 pre ROI and just steaming through old activities for just the fun of it. The RNG comment hits home to me, as I have missed that from D1. I had all three element rolls on some of my favorite guns. I don't like being forced to use something I don't enjoy because it's the only version of the gun type with that burn attached to it.

Dthomp

Is it just me or is hype pretty limited for this one

I think there are two camps here, those who have felt burned from either the changes over the years, to paid content being removed from the game, or just burnout, to the 2nd camp, so many people use discord that communities have kind of fallen apart. I'd love a thriving community here of others to play with all the time. I see this in clans too online, Discord Required, 100+ Raids cleared, Daily Participation Required. The community itself has done a number on something that was originally supposed to be get on with 3-6 friends and have a good time.

I think almost all BL activity is being vaulted and its exotics weren't must have atleast when compared to Forsaken.

I would say only to buy WQ. I think bungie has internal system where they will give free cypher currency for Forsaken Exotics (the only thing worth in that expansion) so you can get them in game. If not, forsaken prices are not changing. And Campaign of any Destiny expansions really isn't worth it, including Forsaken especially after the hype is over.
WQ campaign may be promising though.

do people need Beyond Light for access to Stasis or can they get it without the expansion? if not then yeah just get Witch Queen.

Was it just the banshee gunsmith materials that got lost? I've a few thousand of them also lol.

yeah. I think that translates to about couple hundred shards if I turn them all in and dismantle them all.

Top Bottom