• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 w/ white PS4 Pro bundle announced

im_dany

LOL why? The X1X is no threat to ps4...at all, not even at the same price, not globally. Sony can leave it at 399 and coast if they want.

The X1X, if proven much better (hardware wise of course), can be a threat at just 100$/90€ more. The base PS4 is the bigger threat (can easily be found for around 200€ with one or two games here), I suppose they didn't do r&d on a new hardware just to sell the older one more. They're going to push the Pro a lot more now that MS unveiled their midgen console.

Paris Games Week is the week before X1X is released, that would be a perfect time to do a price drop.

Forgot about that. There's also Milan Games Week (29-30th september/1st october) but they have never done announcements/conferences here, so PGW will probably be it.

The X1X, if proven much better (hardware wise of course), can be a threat at just 100$/90€ more. The base PS4 is the bigger threat (can easily be found for around 200€ with one or two games here), I suppose they didn't do r&d on a new hardware just to sell the older one more. They're going to push the Pro a lot more now that MS unveiled their midgen console.

Forgot about that. There's also Milan Games Week (29-30th september/1st october) but they have never done announcements/conferences here, so PGW will probably be it.

Worldwide? No it's not at all.... 499 mid-gen xbox is not moving any needles, especially in Europe and Asia.

Cornbread78

Shock headline: different people care about different things in the video games they buy

My point is that the comment has nothing to do with the thread OP and jabs do not need to be included into every thread created about a game....

Carry on.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Worldwide? No it's not at all.... 499 mid-gen xbox is not moving any needles, especially in Europe and Asia.

Especially with an example like this Pro with a game bundled and still $50 less.

The $90 version of the game....nice value with this bundle.

MS has to really show folks its worth spending more for the XBO X.

Sony isnt in a position like MS was coming from the XBO launch fumble. MS had to do alot, slash prices like mad just to compete.

btrboyev

Aren't you kind of late to the party?

Current-gen console CPU's aren't good enough to push for 60fps in every game.

I'll be happy as long as play as good OG Destiny on PS4.

It's a lame excuse from bungie. They could get to 60fps if they wanted. If 343 can get Halo 60fps, then Bungie should be able to get Destiny 60fps. At least in PVP

If I can offload my current PS4 Pro for around $325-350 I'll get this bundle for sure. I'm like arghhhh I need it so bad, but not really I just want it really bad.

It's a lame excuse from bungie. They could get to 60fps if they wanted. If 343 can get Halo 60fps, then Bungie should be able to get Destiny 60fps. At least in PVP

That's an odd argument. Halo 5 being 60fps is irrelevant.

Destiny is built on an entirely different engine, priorities are different here.

Truth be told, 343 sacrificed quite a bit to achieve 60fps in H5.

Make a thread about it then? it's derailing the thread. 343 and halo are totally irrelevant, different engines, priorities, doing way different things.....Halo doesn;t have huge raids with 12 people.

Price is good considering you get the Pro and D2 expansion pass included.
I'm sure this thing will sell like hotcakes, Destiny has massive pull.

Kyne

You do not need this!

;)

You really don't.

I do tho :(

FovJYLs.jpg

EL CUCO

Just realized this bundle also includes the season pass. The OG white bundle only brought the game... *triggered*

UKUMI0

Not honestly a fan of the console launching the same day as the game. When I bought the Halo 5 Xbox One, I got it a week early with a digital code and was able to pre-load it and jump straight into the game on launch, whereas with this I'll have to wait till my local store opens (because no way am I getting it delivered, it'd be late) because they don't do midnight launches anymore, wait for the 30-50Gb game to download and then I can play.

It'd be freaking 3pm before I get into this game which just downright sucks.

I should also mention I'm aussie.

cakely

And it's white. It looks ... good.

I'm guessing that they won't make too many of these but they'll sell everything they make.

BigEmil

I want the white Pro but i don't give a shit about Destiny 2 guess ill have to trade that in if i bought this bundle

bombshell

Not honestly a fan of the console launching the same day as the game. When I bought the Halo 5 Xbox One, I got it a week early with a digital code and was able to pre-load it and jump straight into the game on launch, whereas with this I'll have to wait till my local store opens (because no way am I getting it delivered, it'd be late) because they don't do midnight launches anymore, wait for the 30-50Gb game to download and then I can play.

It'd be freaking 3pm before I get into this game which just downright sucks.

I should also mention I'm aussie.

It's Destiny 2 on Blu-ray disc.

It never made sense to me that Destiny is associated with white consoles. Seems like some variation of black with maybe some constellations on it would make more sense.

Hope they sell the white pro standalone as well.

Same here. It's beautiful...

I wish they made more of an effort to sell the white consoles standalone in NA without things like retailer exclusivity or limited time runs. IMO the OG white PS4 from the first Destiny bundle is the best-looking of them all (this new Pro would be #2) but those were only ever sold for a little bit of time and never by themselves. I get the feeling that'll be the same with these.

Top Bottom