• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Code Giveaway/Begging Thread

I have one spare US PS4 Beta key.
This is NOT a preorder code
You will receive it first thing on the 17th
How to get it:
Type up a poem that displays your Destiny hype in some way. Post it here and also send me a PM with your entry so I can keep track of it all. Winner will be chosen at 7 PM PST tonight.

I also have one preorder code that hasn't yet been redeemed. The first group of three people that bands together and agrees on a platform and region will get it. All three members of the group will need to PM with a list that contains all the group members as well as the platform and region the group chose. You will receive your codes individually via PM on the date the platform's codes are released.

Questions? Just ask. Also remember to PM me with your entry and read the rules over again.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I know yet there are people who are willing to give away codes and others unwilling to pre-order at Amazon, so this is just another option.

Ah no problem, just putting it out there in case people don't know about it

Peterthumpa

I have one spare US PS4 Beta key.
This is NOT a preorder code
You will receive it first thing on the 17th
How to get it:
Type up a poem that displays your Destiny hype in some way. Post it here and also send me a PM with your entry so I can keep track of it all. Winner will be chosen at 7 PM PST tonight.

I also have one preorder code that hasn't yet been redeemed. The first group of three people that bands together and agrees on a platform and region will get it. All three members of the group will need to PM with a list that contains all the group members as well as the platform and region the group chose. You will receive your codes individually via PM on the date the platform's codes are released.

Questions? Just ask. Also remember to PM me with your entry and read the rules over again.

Destiny wasn't on my radar screen
Until the GAF hype started to grow
Now I wish I could truly redeem
My foolishness by taking a beta key from VisceralBowl

NeoRausch

Have people been getting platform specific code, or just the preorder code so far?

Just the preorder code. But since today you can reserve you platform/region specific code on bungie.net if you send the your preorder code.

Every beta player that registered this way

WILL RECEIVE 3 CODES TOTAL

So every preorder user will be able to gift 2 more codes to other users.
You guys will drown in codes on the 17th.

I might be out of the loop but why does this thread even exist? Cant anyone just pre order on Amazon to get their code within minutes via email? Then just cancel the pre order o_O

NeoRausch

I might be out of the loop but why does this thread even exist? Cant anyone just pre order on Amazon to get their code within minutes via email? Then just cancel the pre order o_O

Well, officially the codes are limited.
But I've yet to see the limit on them. Beside the three codes per user thing I've posted above.

Makes sense. I guess I just assumed everyone would do the easy way =X

Well, officially the codes are limited.
But I've yet to see the limit on them. Beside the three codes per user thing I've posted above.

I always believed they say "Limited" to pressure people to just do it. Things like this never seem to dry up xD Well I have a spare code so who ever wants it quote me to see!

❤ ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

01DragonFly

Makes sense. I guess I just assumed everyone would do the easy way =X

I always believed they say "Limited" to pressure people to just do it. Things like this never seem to dry up xD Well I have a spare code so who ever wants it quote me to see!

❤ ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Got it. Thanks for the code =)

jem0208

Everyone, just pre-order it from Amazon. It took me 5 minutes to pre-order, get my code, redeem it and then cancel my order. Amazon doesn't charge anything for this so it's all good.

They sent the code email before they sent the purchase confirmation :p

E92 M3

I'd rather we not exploit Amazon - their policies on preorders are very generous and accommodating normally. If I get more codes, I'll give them here.

IZZO

Neo Member
I already preordered on PSN so I'm all set. but I'd love a beta code to give to my friend.
if anyone got an extra code I'll be really grateful

Acrylic7

So the codes will be given out on the 17th even though I redeemed them today, correct?

edit- I'm confused. The code on my receipt counts as one of the 3 beta codes that we are getting on the 17th? So really we are getting 2 to share?

All you guys are asking for region/console specific codes, but the codes you get from preordering are used to register on Bungie.net. Once you register that code, then you get to choose your console and region.

Reading this would probably help, as would just preordering on Amazon and canceling the preorder (since you don't get charged for it):
http://www.bungie.net/en/View/Bungie/DestinyBetaFAQ

Edit- sorry, I know some of you can't do Amazon because of where you are living, so ignore this post.

taco543

I didn't get to see if this is asked but rather than the tag and quote method can we use modbot to give out keys because I'm expecting like 5 extra keys.

viveks86

So the codes will be given out on the 17th even though I redeemed them today, correct?

edit- I'm confused. The code on my receipt counts as one of the 3 beta codes that we are getting on the 17th? So really we are getting 2 to share?

Yes, yes and yes

Top Bottom