• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GReeeeN

just had a thought, does anyone suspect the full game to be region locked to either US or EU?

for example, there seems to be 2 beta clients, one for US and EU,

If I pre-ordered the game from the US PSN, would my game be "locked" to the US servers?

this would suck as I'm from Australia, and the US servers would be quiet unplayable....

wowlace

Help me come up with an excuse to have to leave work tomorrow!

Doctors appointment? But that won't be the whole afternoon.

I'm working 9am-5pm EST. So the beta releases around 1pm EST. Going to try and leave around noon. Get in on the Gaf Frenzy and get downloading!

Otherwise I'm just going to bring my Vita with me and remote play it.

Gastro is a good one to leave mid work day.

Help me come up with an excuse to have to leave work tomorrow!

Doctors appointment? But that won't be the whole afternoon.

I'm working 9am-5pm EST. So the beta releases around 1pm EST. Going to try and leave around noon. Get in on the Gaf Frenzy and get downloading!

Otherwise I'm just going to bring my Vita with me and remote play it.

Chances are it'll be unplayable at first, I'd say it's not worth it.

So they're really gonna make us wait till 10am and hope psn doesn't shit itself? lol ok then. Hope the servers hold up.

Just like the Alpha they will start sending them out at a certain time, doesn't mean everyone will get it right when they start sending them, it'l be hours, if not the whole day before everyone gets theirs.

Soroc

Just like the Alpha they will start sending them out at a certain time, doesn't mean everyone will get it right when they start sending them, it'l be hours, if not the whole day before everyone gets theirs.

I would just immediately go to bungie website and go to your codes page. More than likely you will find it there before you ever get it by email.

Now... More than likely bungie website will be down all day though... Hope Bungie stocked up on that space magic, I have a feeling we in for a rough beta

viveks86

So judging by the poll, as an xbox one destiny newcomer, I should go Warlock?

I did warlock in the alpha. I'm really inclined to try Titan this time around. Warlock felt too floaty for me, I wasn't good at controlling him mid-air like some of the others.

jiiikoo

Banned
I did warlock in the alpha. I'm really inclined to try Titan this time around. Warlock felt too floaty for me, I wasn't good at controlling him mid-air like some of the others.

I did Hunter in the Alpha and I think I will try Warlock this time around. But don't know just yet, I really enjoyed playing Hunter so hmm. Maybe I will try both.

hopefully for the people who pre-loaded the beta using EU accounts won't have any problems jumping straight into the beta tomorrow morning.

I'm trying to get an hour or so in before work.

chualie

I'm gonna be at work all night Thursday :( Can't play this weekend since I'll be away. My off day (Monday), there's maintenance.

Maybe I'll get a few hours in just to get a taste.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member

Well all the more reason to start the waves sooner then. I'm not saying we should get to start playing earlier than others but letting us download early before they let ppl play should be allowed. Hopefully we can just check our emails or something then. Gonna take me forever to download. I'd like to be able to play before the server maintenance.

Lol hi DeeJ

10492963_10203148071796116_3943885208625333140_o.jpg

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Not to kill the spirits of those who preloaded via the EU method, but I don't think that's going to work. PS4 region locking isn't the same as it was on the PS3.

I had an EU BF4 Premium key redeemed, bit I couldn't use the content in my US PSN account. Not until I got BF4 Premium US did it work.

Same with EA Sports UFC demo. I downloaded the demo outside US, tried playing it on my US account, wouldn't let me.

Really, really hope I'm wrong on this one. But thought people would want to know.

darthbob

Not to kill the spirits of those who preloaded via the EU method, but I don't think that's going to work. PS4 region locking isn't the same as it was on the PS3.

I had an EU BF4 Premium key redeemed, bit I couldn't use the content in my US PSN account. Not until I got BF4 Premium US did it work.

Same with EA Sports UFC demo. I downloaded the demo outside US, tried playing it on my US account, wouldn't let me.

Really, really hope I'm wrong on this one. But thought people would want to know.

Precisely why I didn't pre-load.

You need to ensure that all accounts on the PS4 are set to primary, this will allow all users to access content from different regions.

I have downloaded plenty of stuff from the US store and accessed it on my Australian account, the UFC demo included.

jwk94

I downloaded the Strider demo from JPSN and had no problem playing it on my US account.

blamite

just had a thought, does anyone suspect the full game to be region locked to either US or EU?

for example, there seems to be 2 beta clients, one for US and EU,

If I pre-ordered the game from the US PSN, would my game be "locked" to the US servers?

this would suck as I'm from Australia, and the US servers would be quiet unplayable....

It absolutely will not be.

I download stuff on my eu account all the time and it works for my other accounts.

The BF4 DLC thing is kind of irrelevant seeing as the DLC always has to match the games region, regardless of your account region. If you had an EU copy of the game I'm sure it would work.

As for the second concern you have to set your the PS4 as primary.

Ark

Is there a limit on the size of a clan? Can't join the DestinyGAF clan on PS4; keeps giving me an error (though it's further than I could get yesterday).

Jtrizzy

Pre ordered through psn today. Sorry for the negativity, but I am disappointed about the frame rate. I just read that it's only 30 on PS4, which is not ideal for a shooter. Were Halo games 30 too? I haven't played it since the OG Xbox.

Is there a limit on the size of a clan? Can't join the DestinyGAF clan on PS4; keeps giving me an error (though it's further than I could get yesterday).
It's expected to work tomorrow.

Pre ordered through psn today. Sorry for the negativity, but I am disappointed about the frame rate. I just read that it's only 30 on PS4, which is not ideal for a shooter. Were Halo games 30 too? I haven't played it since the OG Xbox.
Bungie has always done 30.

FiraB

Banned
Pre-Loading Trick Done.

Can't be stuffed waking up at 5am to download it (unsure if it would auto-download). Also shinobi you lucky...

ElRenoRaven

Yup. I don't think Bungie has ever aimed for higher then 30. At least in a long time. Perfectly fine by me too cause their games always look amazing IMO.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Because the Clan limit is 75 per Online Service (PS and Xbox), Regional Clans are being set up that you'll join instead of DestinyGAF (i.e DGAF AusNZ is now a separate clan that will be allied with the Parent Group DGAF.)

The upshot is, we'll all still be rocking the DGAF clan tag regardless of which variant of clan we're in.

Yup. I don't think Bungie has ever aimed for higher then 30. At least in a long time. Perfectly fine by me too cause their games always look amazing IMO.
I don't think Bungie has ever made a game with a frame rate higher than 30fps. I don't care, and it doesn't affect gameplay in the slightest.

wowlace

Please man, not here, not now.

Ark

It's expected to work tomorrow.

Ah okay, hopefully the servers aren't completely borked tomorrow.

Because the Clan limit is 75 per Online Service (PS and Xbox), Regional Clans are being set up that you'll join instead of DestinyGAF (i.e DGAF AusNZ is now a separate clan that will be allied with the Parent Group DGAF.)

The upshot is, we'll all still be rocking the DGAF clan tag regardless of which variant of clan we're in.

Eh that's kinda dumb of Bungie. Oh well, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom