• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nikos

Just got a code from Amazon. Enjoyed what little I played of the Alpha, but that was a busy week for me so I didn't get to play much. Looking forward to this.

Cmagus

Just downloaded the app and setup my Bungie account I'm pretty pumped for this tomorrow. Hopefully PSN version doesn't unlock late.

Is there even a digital CE for the Xbone?

Probably not. I'm sure the deal with Sony gave many benefits.

In a different topic I hope I'll be able to somehow set my beta to download while I'm at work and my ps4 is in standby. Assuming it doesn't download by itself since it will be just added to my library.

Side note is the Citadel not as lifeless as the alpha?

There was a known bug in the alpha that often prevented players from showing up in The Tower unless you entered immediately after a Strike or entered an empty one with a Fireteam and public roster.

Should be fixed now. Guardians are supposed to phase in and out unless you enter it privately.

Any ideas on level caps this time around? I'm hoping it is Atleast 13. Fuckin alpha teased the hell out of you running legendary missions and getting 12-13 lv gear that looked amazing

Gaz_RB

I wasn't feeling jealous until shinobi came in started stealth bragging. Whose dick do I gotta suck to get in early again? lol

Right? Spoiled by that alpha early access last month.

Any ideas on level caps this time around? I'm hoping it is Atleast 13. Fuckin alpha teased the hell out of you running legendary missions and getting 12-13 lv gear that looked amazing

7 or maybe 8. No higher though.

Yeah, I'm out of this thread until tomorrow. See ya!

See you in the beta tomorrow!

Right going to copy and paste this for every new page because it is getting ridiculous.

Did you preorder a physical copy or a digital copy that was not through PSN?

Then you should have your code from your retailer and have entered it at bungie.net. You will get your code for PS3/PS4 from bungie.net at this time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Destiny+Beta+Launch&iso=20140717T10&p1=234

Did you preorder digitally on the PSN store?

Then you will AUTOMATICALLY have it added to your library by Sony. No additional steps required, no codes given. It will pop into your library.

When will it pop in my library if i preordered from the PSN store?

If you are in the EU it should be there already. If you are from anywhere else, it will pop up when Sony is ready (gets off their ass). It likely will not pop up till a few hours prior to this time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Destiny+Beta+Launch&iso=20140717T10&p1=234

Quoting for new page - will not respond to questions that answered by this.

I did the preorder and cancel trick with a fresh EU PSN account. I don't think I downloaded more than a 1gb before it stopped.

Was I supposed to get the full 13gb now?

Much anger. People getting waaaaay to worked up over a beta. Chill gamers chill.

Indeed, this shit has gone outta control and more than ever I'm like :

HotAgileDoctorfish.gif

Skeletron

Bah, that sucks. Here I was all excited to check this out, almost took tomorrow off of work too. * Sigh *

Oh well, can't be too upset when something you got for free is taken away, I guess.
Just go pre-order it on Amazon real quick. You'll be emailed a code pretty much immediately. Cancel the pre-order with no charge.

Skeletron

I did the preorder and cancel trick with a fresh EU PSN account. I don't think I downloaded more than a 1gb before it stopped.

Was I supposed to get the full 13gb now?
Look at the Destiny Beta icon and click the "options" button on your controller to view the real size information. It's probably still downloading.

Gaz_RB

I only got in one day early last time, from someone on your twitch channel no less. I'd be happy to get in one day early this time too.

Haha, I remember that. The only reason I even got in early was due to a lovely/ridiculous prayer about Destiny I had posted on GAF.

Yeah, it should have preloaded the whole thing if you did it right.

Weird.

Apparently its done and the game is 14.4GB. My connection isn't that good...

Could it be
Destin-e

Look at the Destiny Beta icon and click the "options" button on your controller to view the real size information. It's probably still downloading.

Ah. Didn't know about that, only 2GB so far. What's the point of the bar underneath the icon then? lol

Just a few more hours left people.

cJBzQ0I.jpg

Tone aside, some of those things aren't necessarily wrong. Not to play devil's advocate, but the site has been kind of like a big free for all ever since last year's update. That particular problem will only multiply when more younger members join during release. Without the mods actively locking problem topics, posters will join in and facilitate a hostile environment. Self-moderation only lets you wade through the mud with your ears and eyes closed. Groups provide some solace, but not if half of the UI code is going to break.

Hopefully, Bungie can address these things in a timely manner.

What time are Bungie employees waking up to prepare to send out the codes?

I gots to know.

I checked the OP, it ain't there. You slippin GAF

Afrocious

I'll be getting PS3 and 4 codes since I have folks on both consoles to play with.

Anyone know if I'll need PS+ to do all the modes on PS3?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Really wish this was going live tonight. My connection isn't the best. It's 12 gigs right? Probably can't download all of it tomorrow, especially with my family on the connection.

Just because you've got the codes doesn't mean you can use it.

Got mine,and didn't work yet. Have to wait till beta starts.

Btw, my codes are not from preorders, but as part of the Asia Ps+ sign up, so we directly override Bungie codes and get the PSN Store codes directly.

SnakeEyez

So I have time to kill before going to bed and decided to watch ign's stream of the beta, and man this is pure torture D: . work tomorrow is gonna go at a snail's pace

Help me come up with an excuse to have to leave work tomorrow!

Doctors appointment? But that won't be the whole afternoon.

I'm working 9am-5pm EST. So the beta releases around 1pm EST. Going to try and leave around noon. Get in on the Gaf Frenzy and get downloading!

Otherwise I'm just going to bring my Vita with me and remote play it.

That... Is extremely lame. That's a pretty dumb "benefit," if so.

Exclusive rights to digital versions and/or exclusive bundles/editions? No that's pretty smart in a business stand-point, it would make it even more obvious that you're the console that wants to be branded as the place to get this game.

Does xbone have digital version actually? I've never checked.

Help me come up with an excuse to have to leave work tomorrow!

Doctors appointment? But that won't be the whole afternoon.

I'm working 9am-5pm EST. So the beta releases around 1pm EST. Going to try and leave around noon. Get in on the Gaf Frenzy and get downloading!

Otherwise I'm just going to bring my Vita with me and remote play it.

Diarrhea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom