• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to play in the new map(s) but I completely backed out quicker than a speeding bullet so I don't end up getting bored when the full game comes out.

Altima

I'm bad with pvp and I think complete random loot system is fine.

People who perform good at PvP already has advantage at bounty quest.

Cancelled my limited edition. Still have my $40 pre-ordered going so I'm still gonna play it.

Bungie has no excuses as to this game not being 60fps as it doesn't look good at all.

Cancelled my limited edition. Still have my $40 pre-ordered going so I'm still gonna play it.

Bungie has no excuses as to this game not being 60fps as it doesn't look good at all.

11590722.jpg

They have the smallest magazine size of anything but snipers and shotguns so the amount of damage you can do between reloads is pretty limited.

Well in my opinion it's the reload time and it can be kind of hard to aim with. It's powerful enough though.

Bleh that sucks... Good to know, thanks.

When you're getting hit it can be really damn confusing which side it's coming from, the red markers on screen aren't very clear

Glad it's not just me. Compared to Battlefield 4 for example it's very tough to tell in the heat of battle. When I'm getting shot in BF4 I can tell instantly where they're shooting from (weird to compare this game to BF4 but in this specific case it applies).

blamite

Next game we juuuuust barely eke out the victory at the last moment, and I top the entire match scoreboard, and nobody on my team gets any drops. :/

To be fair I've been playing on PS3 all day and it looks pretty fucking awful graphically. Like, really really bad, nowhere close to the footage I've been watching of the game up to now from the PS4 version. If the game wasn't as good as it goddamn is I wouldn't touch it.

I kind of feel like that's to be expected at this point. If you have the last gen version of the game, you're really just buying it to have it. Bungie/Activision want has much sales as possible. And I'm saying this as a Xbox 360 user that, come Wednesday, I will be in the same boat griping about how shit it looks.

The warlock seems to have the best special. I love my golden gun but the warlock basicly has a free rocket launcher. The area of affect needs nerfed you should atleast be able to jump away from it.

Tokubetsu

I only have a ps3 right now (I'll probably be getting an xbone for this because friends) but it looks better than I expected on last gen hardware.
The warlock seems to have the best special. I love my golden gun but the warlock basicly has a free rocket launcher. The area of affect needs nerfed you should atleast be able to just away from it.

Definitely agree. Especially in PvP it's amazing.

MrDaravon

I kind of feel like that's to be expected at this point. If you have the last gen version of the game, you're really just buying it to have it. Bungie/Activision want has much sales as possible. And I'm saying this as a Xbox 360 user that, come Wednesday, I will be in the same boat griping about how shit it looks.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying the game (other than PvP) but constantly am reminded of how terrible it looks even 10+ hours in. If it wasn't for the ability to move your character from PS3 to PS4 I'd honestly just recommend that people hold out and wait until you get a current-gen console.

I am curious if the 360 version will wind up maybe looking slightly better since Bungie has way more experience with that console though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have a link that describes the available skill trees in the beta?

Do you guys think that loot drops aren't completely random? I mean, of course they're not, but I mean... Lemme explain.

Throughout the course of my adventures, I've gotten various "Scapel Wing" armor for my warlock. Considering there is actually a good chunk if usable loot you can find in the beta, I think it's more than a coincidence that I keep finding armor of the same name. I think it does that purposely so it can make it easier to match your guardian.

so what will players be able to keep during the beta to launch?

I am not able to play since I pre-ordered a White PS4 bundle so I will have to wait this is also the first FPS that I am forcing myself to invest time into I did not enjoy the first COD I played

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Do you guys think that loot drops aren't completely random? I mean, of course they're not, but I mean... Lemme explain.

Throughout the course of my adventures, I've gotten various "Scapel Wing" armor for my warlock. Considering there is actually a good chunk if usable loot you can find in the beta, I think it's more than a coincidence that I keep finding armor of the same name. I think it does that purposely so it can make it easier to match your guardian.

It was the same for me, but I think they could also just be limiting stuff in the beta, why spoil it now? I also noticed sometimes the same armour sometimes has better stats, which is a nice touch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom