• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

ibjL23gxZZOAxS.gif

We already made it clear: Hunter = Clint Eastwood = Han Solo = Indiana.
Aka the cool guys who don't need any magic/force/whatever to get the shit done.
Go back to The Tower and let the professional taking care of the business, Warlock.

lol Power Ranger in a hoodie

WARLOCKING TILL I DIE!

D i Z

Hmm, looks like Amazon now offer the Digital Guardian edition as an option. I was planning on preordering on PSN, but if I go with Amazon I can get 3% cash back when using my Amazon Visa card. Does anyone know getting it from Amazon would allow me to preload the game?

It's just a code right? I would think that all codes entered to the PSN so the creamy goodness that is Destiny would be pre-load. I haven't seen anyone report that as an affirmative, so don't take my word for it.

Korben

Banned
Where is your DeLorean DMC-12 and flux capacitor when you need them. I can't take it anymore, the wait is too hard.

So...Bungie:

mG7xjDG.gif

It's just a code right? I would think that all codes entered to the PSN so the creamy goodness that is Destiny would be pre-load. I haven't seen anyone report that as an affirmative, so don't take my word for it.

The page for Destiny Digital Guardian Edition - PS4 [Digital Code] says this:

This item will be available on September 9, 2014 at 12:00 AM (US/Pacific)

I think that line is new, I didn't see it when I looked earlier. Looks like no preloading if the code is sent at midnight of launch day. I'll just order a PSN card from Amazon and preorder on the PSN store.

Edit- It looks like Amazon deleted the question I asked about whether there was preloading or not =\

D i Z

#BREAKING: New Hunter footage released;

hunter351str.gif

WARLOCK 4EVER

That's Hunter Vanguard Jones at Hunter bootcamp. How'd you get that footage?!?
That was a demonstration of what would go wrong if a Warlock were given a bladed weapon.
Taught in "Simple Tactics" and "Triage 101".

D i Z

The page for Destiny Digital Guardian Edition - PS4 [Digital Code] says this:

I think that line is new, I didn't see it when I looked earlier. Looks like no preloading if the code is sent at midnight of launch day. I'll just order a PSN card from Amazon and preorder on the PSN store.

Edit- It looks like Amazon deleted the question I asked about whether there was preloading or not =\

That's the way that I would do it. Purchase a card, and order on PSN. Double up on all of the points.

Went to GameStop to upgrade to the limited edition and it turns out they cancel your current preorder then put in the limited. What this means is I have another beta code. I'll probably raffle it off in the code thread.

How is space magic i.e throwing purple balls any more magical than conjuring a protective sphere, creating a badass shockwave or making a pimp ass golden firearm appear from nowhere?

I'm not impressed

Who likes all classes?

Sounds like a commie to me.

I'm in then ;)

I missed out on the Alpha because it happened when I was in Tennessee for a music festival, so I am definitely going to create one of every class to see which class will become my main character. I voted for the Warlock 'cause, you know, space magic, but I reserve judgement to change my opinion to even Titan if I like the gameplay better.

It was blocked off in the Alpha. Probably an important NPC or the remaining two faction leaders are in there. Might be accessible in the Beta, we shall see.

The third faction leader is in the other "wing" of the Tower, near where The Speaker is in that funky room with the giant machine with the rotating rings.

I'm in then ;)

I missed out on the Alpha because it happened when I was in Tennessee for a music festival, so I am definitely going to create one of every class to see which class will become my main character. I voted for the Warlock 'cause, you know, space magic, but I reserve judgement to change my opinion to even Titan if I like the gameplay better.

Someone went to 'Roo this year....

Back on topic: I am planning to try all classes, but Warlock will always have my heart.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Last night while half asleep I had some sort of epiphany and realized that I should play Warlock. I don't remember what the epiphany was, but it apparently was very moving, lol.

Last night while half asleep I had some sort of epiphany and realized that I should play Warlock. I don't remember what the epiphany was, but it apparently was very moving, lol.

You were touched by the source of all space magic. Rejoice in your new enlightenment.

Mr.Batman

Banned
Han Solo was the inspiration for hunter? Hunter it is.

Also, I joined the DestinyGAF clan on bungie.net and it still says pending. Is there something I need to specifically do in this thread?

I'm in then ;)

Why did you vote when you haven't decided?!

The third faction leader is in the other "wing" of the Tower, near where The Speaker is in that funky room with the giant machine with the rotating rings.

That's the New Monarchy faction. But there were 2 factions in the alpha whose leaders you couldn't find, Osiris and Seven Seraphs. Either they're in the blocked off area or some other area.

Location of known NPCs from the Alpha are listed here: http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Tower

Robot Pants

Damn. Gotta wait til the 17th to join the Beta. Kinda lame but oh well. Got a backlog the size of texas.

Oh nm. It doesn't even start til then. I thought it was going on now.

Totally [triple] jumped on the Destiny hype train and made a new PSN ID: Twilight_Gap

Add meh, Hunters. And i guess Warlocks and Titans are okay too.

It sold out on Amazon the day of announcement. (came up maybe twice for pre-order since then for a few minutes each time) Gamestop put it up for pre-order the next business day and was pretty much all sold that day.

the thirst is real.

This is it! if you want one and don't have it.. get on it RIGHT THIS SECOND.

I just ordered it hopefully I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom