• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
destiny_concept_lead.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

There is no reason not to have white tigers, every game should have them as a matter of fact.

Interesting to note, in that concept art it looks more like a snow lynx. I hope there are numerous cats in Destiny.

More games need cats.
Dogs are fucking awful.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Got the PS4 primed and ready to go. Can't wait to delve into the beta next week.

To get in the GAF-group, do I need to apply on bungie.net or can I just drop my PSN ID here?
In any case, my PSN ID is the same as my GAF username. (Hoo-doo)

You should be grateful it only takes you an hour.
that was when i switched to my dad's business line which is 50mb down direct. i normally had 4mb and that would have taken the whole day. a 10mb gif in that took 20 minutes to load.

i have 23mb fios where i am now so it might go faster than alpha. nevertheless, i have had poor speeds first hand and know all too well the woes of slow, shitty connection.

fuck at&t

Jarmel

Banned
Since we're getting codes released on the 17th, I guess that means no preload. =(

No preload means the PS4 download servers are going to grind to a fucking halt for me. Downloading the Alpha was the most unpleasant downloading experience I've had in years.

Will be back at Purdue when Beta comes out.

1GB/down. I'll see you guys in a few seconds. :p

Cats break the adorable scale. And they are occasionally willing to allow us to bask in their presence.

Valkyra

Banned
My AT&T connection used to cap out around 600 KBs but the norm was 300 KBs...I had to plan to watch anime a day or two later ahead of time.

My AT&T connection used to cap out around 600 KBs but the norm was 300 KBs...I had to plan to watch anime a day or two later ahead of time.
yup a good day with at&t i average 50 ping and 4mb down. most days was 300-600 ping and 400kb down. that is not worth $175 a month.

youtube literally didnt work.

Valkyra

Banned

Yep, I had great pings, terrible download rates. Playing games off steam...just not happening unless I planned ahead of time or it was a very small 8-16bit indie game. Downloading the Conan MMO after the Asian looking race expansion took 3 days and I had to force myself not to use the connection so it could go fast. Almost paid as much as Zobas though, they they robbed me so hard compared to Charter with 6MB for 30 bucks.

Yep, I had great pings, terrible download rates. Playing games off steam...just not happening unless I planned ahead of time or it was a very small 8-16bit indie game. Downloading the Conan MMO after the Asian looking race expansion took 3 days and I had to force myself not to use the connection so it could go fast. Almost paid as much as Zobas though, they they robbed me so hard compared to Charter with 6MB for 30 bucks.

I feel like I stepped into the wrong thread. Maybe I missed something a page or 2 back.

Sawneeks

Banned
If the Beta is 12.3 gb it's gonna take me two days to download. :(

Urg, same here. Going to see if I can drag my PS4 to a friend's house where he gets way better download speeds than I do. I'm not waiting 3 days to download the Beta when I can do it in like, 4 or 5 hours.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm dog sitting three dogs this weekend and I can verify that dogs are awful.

TsuWave

question for clarification:

i have the game pre-ordered on psn but i haven't received any beta code or anything like that, however, in my ps4 library list i have an icon to download the destiny beta(obviously can't do it now because its not out yet) does that mean i have access to the beta without the need of a code and won't have to do anything but download it when it becomes available?

SnakeEyes

Banned
question for clarification:

i have the game pre-ordered on psn but i haven't received any beta code or anything like that, however, in my ps4 library list i have an icon to download the destiny beta(obviously can't do it now because its not out yet) does that mean i have access to the beta without the need of a code and won't have to do anything but download it when it becomes available?
Correct.

x Lord Revan x

Neo Member
Kickass thread! Excellent compilation of info on the game.

I can't wait to see the reactions from players that haven't gotten their hands on it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom