• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves Reveal Thread

updated the OP with new info. also, the site that just went up contained thumbnails of some new gear

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg

26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg

31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg

36.jpg
37.jpg
38.jpg
39.jpg
40.jpg

41.jpg
42.jpg
43.jpg
44.jpg
45.jpg

46.jpg
47.jpg
48.jpg
49.jpg
50.jpg

51.jpg
52.jpg
53.jpg
54.jpg
55.jpg

56.jpg
57.jpg
58.jpg
59.jpg
60.jpg

61.jpg
62.jpg
63.jpg
64.jpg
65.jpg

66.jpg
67.jpg
68.jpg
69.jpg
70.jpg

71.jpg
72.jpg
73.jpg
74.jpg
75.jpg

76.jpg
77.jpg
78.jpg
79.jpg

Trace

Banned
I like how the announcement of no raids brought in so much negativity.

And how the recent update and HoW stream have brought in a ton of positive response back into the game.

It's almost as if their fuck ups with TDB never existed.

People want the game to be good, at least I do. It has some of the most wasted potential of any game I've ever played.

People want the game to be good, at least I do. It has some of the most wasted potential of any game I've ever played.

Some people who have played HoW already(The uh, 'pros' who Bungie brings in) have mentioned that the PoE is much better than the raids in terms of fun and difficulty. So.....

I need to stop clicking on destiny threads, I'm actually getting hyped.

YOU SHOULD COME OVER TO THE OT!

There've been tons and tons of changes to progression and with HoW they're giving out the gear buffs to people who don't own the expansion, and I believe you can do everything/get gear from HoW except for the actual Missions/strikes/arena/pvp maps.

KJRage

Some people who have played HoW already(The uh, 'pros' who Bungie brings in) have mentioned that the PoE is much better than the raids in terms of fun and difficulty. So.....

I didn't know they had people already trying it out. Is there anywhere to read some impressions from them playing? I know they probably can't say much of anything, but I'd like to read anything I can.

I didn't know they had people already trying it out. Is there anywhere to read some impressions from them playing? I know they probably can't say much of anything, but I'd like to read anything I can.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161293789&postcount=4416

That post has a link and stuff. Hopefully he's not lying, but I mean, if a pro finds it fun..it was the guy who asked the questions on the stream. And he seemed to be a very truthful dude who knew the right things to ask.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161293789&postcount=4416

That post has a link and stuff. Hopefully he's not lying, but I mean, if a pro finds it fun..it was the guy who asked the questions on the stream. And he seemed to be a very truthful dude who knew the right things to ask.

i don't know who he is but i appreciate how he bombarded bungie with questions on the stream. i'll give him the benefit of the doubt for that.

house of wolves is really make or break for this game. the quality of life changes they're making are well done and much needed, so they deserve the credit. but if they don't really hit it home with the rest of the package, it'll be hard for them to establish any momentum for the future of the series.

so my 40 odd vanguard marks and 60K glimmer means I can buy a full set of armour and weapons for all my characters from day 1 and max out inside a day or two or am I reading it wrong??

upg path looks neat, wonder how long until I get what I want though.

gutted I got rid of my shadow price's though and most of my VOG armour :(

You still need the new Ethereal whatchamcallit to upgrade shit to Light 34 and weapons to damage 365.

I can only say this because all the new legendaries they were upgrading were 331 right off the bat with NO damage upgrade nodes. Only way to get em up to 365 was to get that new Etheral material that you can only get from PoE, Nightfalls, and Trials of Osiris.

I imagine armor will work the same way.

witness

Took the last two months off, started playing again this week and I'm as addicted as ever. Really excited for the new content, wish it wasn't so far away.

ryseing

HoW hype got me back in. Leveling an alt.

Question. I have a level 27 Titan, no exotic weapons. What should I be doing with it to get ready for HoW? I don't quite think I'm geared enough for raiding.

How were the multiplayer maps for The Dark Below?

Cauldron is one of the best maps in the game. It's not without its faults (mostly spawning related), but its layout is structurally sound and it has great flow, especially in smaller game modes.

Pantheon is so-so. It's the first true symmetrical map in the game and it plays some modes well; however, it's either really campy or really shallow in others.

Skyshock is another vehicle map and i think it's the worst map in the game. It's massive and I've never seen a game on it reach the score limit. Unless you're really into long-range sniping, you're probably not going to have too much fun playing it.

Crucible maps could swing either way, but I'm not terribly optimistic. I'm curious to see what design they attempt for the vehicle map this time around. It'll be very difficult to get them to work with Destiny's gameplay.

Skyshock is another vehicle map and i think it's the worst map in the game. It's massive and I've never seen a game on it reach the score limit. Unless you're really into long-range sniping, you're probably not going to have too much fun playing it.

Skyshock should honestly be removed from matchmaking. It's that bad. It just has no cohesiveness at all. It feels like a big map thrown in just for the sake of having a big map.

Skyshock should honestly be removed from matchmaking. It's that bad. It just has no cohesiveness at all. It feels like a big map thrown in just for the sake of having a big map.

Agreed. I'd probably pay $5 to take Skyshock out of my rotation entirely. That thing has zero merit.

jadedm17

Agreed. I'd probably pay $5 to take Skyshock out of my rotation entirely. That thing has zero merit.

Skyshock is great for control
when youre with friends and not idiot randoms who hang on the outside sniping
but boring and restrictive for deathmatch.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I can get that Awoken guard Hand Cannon as a weapon?! FUCK YES.

I've been wanting that thing since I first the Reef cutscenes in-game :D

So I can get an actual, sealed Limited Edition PS4 copy of this right now...

Should I?

I mean, I get the season pass and a nifty steelbook

NastyBook

I just want a new fucking ship. Please put out schematics for TDB and HOW ships in chests on the different planets. I hate having to wait for something to show up at the shipwright, only to not have enough glimmer for it.

Is it too late to jump back in with my level 4 Warlock? lol
Never too late. It doesn't take long to lvl up in this game.

Find some Raid groups in the OT or jump on a Crucible/Strike train to gets some marks/reps to buy/find armor. Something is always going on. And everyone is willing to help.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Goat Face Mask looks cool. Some of the gear looks alright. FateBringer remains no contest and I still. Don't. Fucking. Have one.

God knows how many hours into this godamned circus using almost NOTHING but hand cannons until the last 5% of the game maybe when I was forced away from them outside of PvP. Never dropped. Everyone in my damn raid group has one. I see at least one going off almost every time i random kill almost anywhere. I'm utterly convinced that at this rate my daughter will pop one with her Titan before I ever get a chance to use it.

But you know whatever i'm not bitter.

My goodness. My Vault needs more space.

Quoting you just so i can mention that your avatar made me shoot coffee out mah nose at work. That is some GLORIOUS work you got there. Gratz and props and fistybumps all over.

Is it too late to jump back in with my level 4 Warlock? lol

it's never too late to grind.

now's probably the best time because there's several weeks between release, which is enough time to level up one or more characters and pick up some gear from the vendors. you may even get lucky with raids and nightfalls if you do those.

SnakeEyes

Banned
it's never too late to grind.

now's probably the best time because there's several weeks between release, which is enough time to level up one or more characters and pick up some gear from the vendors. you may even get lucky with raids and nightfalls if you do those.
Don't forget to stockpile Glimmer before the release too, need that money!

Quoting you just so i can mention that your avatar made me shoot coffee out mah nose at work. That is some GLORIOUS work you got there. Gratz and props and fistybumps all over.

Thank you! Wish I'd seen this before I made a new one :(. Can't believe those in the Destiny OT were frightened of it.

gatti-man

YOU SHOULD COME OVER TO THE OT!

There've been tons and tons of changes to progression and with HoW they're giving out the gear buffs to people who don't own the expansion, and I believe you can do everything/get gear from HoW except for the actual Missions/strikes/arena/pvp maps.

I post there every once and a while. When the dlc hits and I'm on more I'll start posting more. Now I mostly lurk.

Monocle

So I can get an actual, sealed Limited Edition PS4 copy of this right now...

Should I?

I mean, I get the season pass and a nifty steelbook
If you're generally aware of Destiny's pros and cons and you're still interested, then yes, probably. I wouldn't pay full price though, unless I had a good group of friends waiting for me to join them in the game.

Top Bottom