• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I would finally get Last Word from Nightfall after Xur sells it. This after getting 5 strange coins with my main.

Nightfall is a giant troll every week.

Heh, you are lucky my friend, my reward for the first Nightfall of the week was a fucking Proxima Centauri II, are you kidding me, sharded it right away, and another one that i had stored in the vault too, is a great gun, but i have one fully upgraded already with my hunter, this game keeps throwing at me the same shit that i already own over and over, random my ass.

KeRaSh

Got the last post in OT10 and was wondering why nobody posted anymore, haha!
Great OT! I knew it was worth looking at it again in case something changed.

MrMuscle

Congrats on OP11 guys Im so happy to see that many others are still enjoying the game as much as me. Ive even made some great new gaming friends tru Destiny and GAF, which makes playing even that more enjoyable!

friendship_-_because_team_colors_are_just_bungies_opinion.jpg

Okay, so I know that this place is a Hawkmoon lovefest, so I was excited when it dropped for me in the Nightfall today. HOWEVER... I know it's not upgraded like my Last Word, but it doesn't "feel" as good. That fanfare perk spoiled me. Is the Hawkmoon really the best - better than The Last Word? I just... don't... know...

Okay, so I know that this place is a Hawkmoon lovefest, so I was excited when it dropped for me in the Nightfall today. HOWEVER... I know it's not upgraded like my Last Word, but it doesn't "feel" as good. That fanfare perk spoiled me. Is the Hawkmoon really the best - better than The Last Word? I just... don't... know...

No it sucks... Till fall of 2015. Then it will be amazeballs

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Nightfall... Stupid universal remote. I hate shotties
I also got that. Seems like Xur is going to sell that this week.
Depends on your playstyle. Like going up close and personal? TLW is the best gun for that. Hawkmoon will destroy people at mid-long range.

DJ88

Tonight, after finishing nightfall, I got my very first exotic drop, Insurmountable Skullfort! I don't care if it's the worst helm, I've always wanted the awesome daft punk lights animating around it. Before, all my exotics had been aquired by bounties or Xur. After playing the nightfall/raid every week since about the 2nd/3rd week from release, never had an exotic drop for me, saw countless others get them, I finally get my first. Fuck you RNG haha. I bet Xur will sell it this week.

ERMint13

The spawn points in crucible have been god awful lately. I got blade danced at one point to only be dropped back 10 feet from where I died to be blade danced by the same guy.

I haven't had spawn problems but in the last week or two I've spawned right on top of the other team. Why????

They're both really different guns, so it's hard to compare. Or rather I should say that The Last Word is soooooooo different than every other handcannon.

But yes at mid and long range Hawkmoon kicks ass. Close range though, I'd stick with The Last Word.

Steroyd

The Hawkmoon might as well be a damn scout rifle with it's range, which is the main reason why it trumps me when I'm using TLW.

The Hawkmoon might as well be a damn scout rifle with it's range, which is the main reason why it trumps me when I'm using TLW.

More like a sniper if you get 1 or 2 bonus damages on the shot, haha. The range is crazy, it's so much fun if you can be precise with the head shots. I don't think one is better than the other, they both dominate their respective play styles.

NeOak

So for TDB, is there gonna be an OT in gaming side? Or is OT12 going to be up in Gaming side for a month after TDB has been released?

It is an "expansion", and there are OTs for expansions, so just wondering.

adin75

I want a Hawkmoon, I don't even have any real interest in using it, I just want to look at it. Love the design.

Schwabe

so jesterday i changed things up ... instead of doing hard raid with my main, i started with my "lucky" titan (4 hard raids, 3 helmets >_<). RNGsus slapped me in the face ... although ... i got more energy than shards ... i need them atm. atheon dropped the 3rd VoC, got the shotty too (dismantled), greaves (dismantled) and the class item (dismantled)...

so maybe the warlock is the lucky one this week. next week i'll take a break from Destiny to start fresh with TDB ... but Vault of Glass will see me again until i get my Fatebringer >:-(

darkwing

Hawkmoon is for med-long range

So for TDB, is there gonna be an OT in gaming side? Or is OT12 going to be up in Gaming side for a month after TDB has been released?

It is an "expansion", and there are OTs for expansions, so just wondering.
I'd say make OT12 in gaming since it'll start right whent he expansion comes out~

Nodnol

So the Nightfall was uninspiring this week, but I did get a Light/Beware in a flavor I didn't have; Arc. I've got the set now.

Edit: Great OT by the way.

GlamFM

Banned
3rd Raid in a row with only shards & energy.

7th Raid in total and still not a single piece of Raid armor.

Rixa

My first experience in Hard raid is kinda hard :p. Got last checkpoint, our group tries to do it today evening. Got nice rewards sofar: Raid Boots, Chest, Gloves, energy & shards. After 2½ raids (2 normals and this hard which is unfinished) I can get my 29 level warlock to 30 after I leveled gear.

Sofar I havent got any Exotic weapon drops, got Pocket Infinity (Bounty), MIDA (Xur). But really lucky with raid gear (I have 2 pairs of boots).

Took nice mountain view picture too.

ocean

Banned
My first experience in Hard raid is kinda hard :p. Got last checkpoint, our group tries to do it today evening. Got nice rewards sofar: Raid Boots, Chest, Gloves, energy & shards. After 2½ raids (2 normals and this hard which is unfinished) I can get my 29 level warlock to 30 after I leveled gear.

Sofar I havent got any Exotic weapon drops, got Pocket Infinity (Bounty), MIDA (Xur). But really lucky with raid gear (I have 2 pairs of boots).

Took nice mountain view picture too.
3 Raid armor pieces in 2.5 raids is beyond lucky. Took me a dozen on my Titan and my Warlock is sitting at 15 with only boots and helmet so far :( on the weapon front, I have everything except the Fusion and Pukse Rifles though.

Midas

3rd Raid in a row with only shards & energy.

7th Raid in total and still not a single piece of Raid armor.

It really shouldn't be like that. I got gauntlets and chest armor in three raids. But I didn't get the boots until the tenth raid or so. And that was with an alt I created just to increase my chances to get them...

Question about the games trial if anyone has experience with it.

What does the Destiny Trial include?
•Character creation and progression to Level 7, which carries over to the full version of the game should you decide to purchase a retail copy of Destiny
•Five Story Missions set in Old Russia
•Access to the Tower and multiple Tower vendors
•“Den of Devils” 3-player cooperative Strike

Is this the same as the beta? Also is there any pvp?

Ridwald

Oh my god .. already 11, i was gonna joke about the fact that Xûr wouldn't see the end of OT10 for this weekend but it has gone real fast ....

Great opening for the 11 hawkian :)

RNGesus has blessed me with an Icebreaker for my Nightfall ! .. my precioussss .... So there's a good chance Xûr is gonna sell it this weekend i think =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom