• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really shouldn't be like that. I got gauntlets and chest armor in three raids. But I didn't get the boots until the tenth raid or so. And that was with an alt I created just to increase my chances to get them...

i havent seen any boots either, completed 12 raids total, mixed normal and hard.

excowboy

DestinyLurkerGAF reporting for OT11 - great OP Hawkian :)

Anyone else seeing more Legendary engram drops? I've had 4 or 5 this week, more than I've had total to date. Anyone else?
It's all RNG

Daigoro

Here's a little showcase of a monster called Pocket Infinity http://youtu.be/vS3Nr0yppeE. I'm sure it gets nerfed to hell before the next Iron Banner. Well, I sure did have fun this time around!

between one of the best fusion rifles in the game and that purple Warlock bullshit, i would've hated playing against you in the IB. speaking as someone who did just fine for themselves in IB this time around.

kind of like Titanfall, i feel like this games PvP is full of cheap shit for everyone, but it somehow remains fun.

At last. After 16 raids (11 normal and 5 hard), I got Façade of the Hezen Lords from last night's hard raid. And I'll be able to reach level 30 after 9 weeks at 29!

Still don't have the raid chest, but I prefer my Praxic Fire anyway. Yesterday I also got my 3rd Tread of the Hezen Lords and my 2nd and 3rd Gloves of the Hezen Lords, which means I got more raid gear out of a single raid than all other 15 raids put together. Now I just need the helm or chest to get my alt to 30 as well.

And Fatebringer, definitely need Fatebringer. It's just a pain having to manage time between this game and Dragon Age: Inquisition which is also consuming my every waking thought.

Having to work sucks! :p

Rixa

3 Raid armor pieces in 2.5 raids is beyond lucky. Took me a dozen on my Titan and my Warlock is sitting at 15 with only boots and helmet so far :( on the weapon front, I have everything except the Fusion and Pukse Rifles though.

i havent seen any boots either, completed 12 raids total, mixed normal and hard.

I never saw gloves, if it wasen't for Iron Banner I would never hit 30 I think

yeah i bought the iron banana boots as well just this monday just to be safe :D Would love a complete raid set though instead of this carneval of thrift store gear.

In my first raid I got only Atheon's Epiloque (other chests were Energy / Shards).

So basically 2x boots, 1 chest, 1 gloves in 1½ raid. That is incredible lucky. I rather take armor than weapons (weapons can drop from another places too).

I had good advice from fellow players. "Try to grab Helmet from Xur lottery". Lucky with it too, 2 tries (1st weeks prize for me Hunter Knucklebone Radar, 2nd weeks prize for me Warlock Apotheosis Veil).

I dont get why you can only obtain Raid Helmet from hard raid.

Nightfalls this week were a bit meh, 10 strange coins (3rd week in a row I have had coins on my main) and a legendary scout rifle on my alt.

Rngesus is a pain sometimes! Xur better have something good this week. I am swimming in coins and I only need the knucklehead radar armour to complete my hunter exotic collection

Steroyd

One thing I learned about Iron Banner is that cloaked bladedancers run straight at you.

between one of the best fusion rifles in the game and that purple Warlock bullshit, i would've hated playing against you in the IB. speaking as someone who did just fine for themselves in IB this time around.

kind of like Titanfall, i feel like this games PvP is full of cheap shit for everyone, but it somehow remains fun.

Everyone has broken ass shit that it creates a balance of a sort, that being said that bullshit Titan smash feels damn inconsistant when I try to jump out of it's range, sometimes I do sometimes I don't and yes I am aware of when I get shockwaved, I tip my hat and say well played everytime that happens. *grumble*

Rixa

It's just like having RNG for raid gear which is the only way to get to 30. Because reasons.

Don't try thinking about it, you'll never reach a conclusion.

So true, because reasons(tm) I did choose to wear Exotic helmet. F**k for the look or the stats.

Steroyd

I dont get why you can only obtain Raid Helmet from hard raid.

Bungie seems to rate helms highly in general, they cost more than the other 3 pieces of gear (120 points?) and I'm not seeing anything to suggest why that is the case.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I so hate the Kill Target mission in Mothyard for Public Time Event, Holy Shit that Captain Shield is Bullshit

I unload so much, reloading, his shields back up to full, I mean come the fuck on, I'm alone, soloing, give me a fucking break

He moves so fast through the checkpoints, it's insane

Only once have I soloed him to get gold, that was with 7 Truth Rockets+ Using up half my Primary + Special, he reached the cave too, like 5 steps away
Every other time it's been Silver if solo, need 1 person extra to get Gold

Some of these Kill Target PTE's need to be looked at

phen0m24

Nightfalls this week were a bit meh, 10 strange coins (3rd week in a row I have had coins on my main) and a legendary scout rifle on my alt.

Rngesus is a pain sometimes! Xur better have something good this week. I am swimming in coins and I only need the knucklehead radar armour to complete my hunter exotic collection

Feel lucky. Illini Guy got 5.
(so did I)

Steroyd

I so hate the Kill Target mission in Mothyard for Public Time Event, Holy Shit that Captain Shield is Bullshit

I unload so much, reloading, his shields back up to full, I mean come the fuck on, I'm alone, soloing, give me a fucking break

He moves so fast through the checkpoints, it's insane

Only once have I soloed him to get gold, that was with 7 Truth Rockets+ Using up half my Primary + Special, he reached the cave too, like 5 steps away
Every other time it's been Silver if solo, need 1 person extra to get Gold

Yeah Bungie need to re-evaluate those type of PE's and move them to places that are actually frequently populated (or activate when 2 people are in an area, because far to often I'm in the rocketyard alone when that pops up, I managed 2 of those on Mars alone and that was only because I had a ridiculous setup of Atheons Epilogue, Pocket Infinity, Corrective Measure + Golden Gun.

Rixa

Yea, no way I try to solo it. Its so much easier with 2 players (or more), even if the other person is low level, goes down.

But "Eliminate Target" in Mars is utterly bullshit. We had 4 >20 lvl players from the beginning of event, we did get Bronze star. Some weard scaling from Bungie about these Eliminate thingies.

MrMuscle

Yeah Bungie need to re-evaluate those type of PE's and move them to places that are actually frequently populated (or activate when 2 people are in an area, because far to often I'm in the rocketyard alone when that pops up, I managed 2 of those on Mars alone and that was only because I had a ridiculous setup of Atheons Epilogue, Pocket Infinity, Corrective Measure + Golden Gun.

Yea, no way I try to solo it. Its so much easier with 2 players (or more), even if the other person is low level, goes down.

But "Eliminate Target" in Mars is utterly bullshit. We had 4 >20 lvl players from the beginning of event, we did get Bronze star. Some weard scaling from Bungie about these Eliminate thingies.

And if you get some decent damage on them they teleport to the last checkpoint. Cheaters!

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Thanks guys.

If anyone finds themselves in New York or Toronto during the Christmas holidays, come say hello. First time in North America :)

Oh and I still have the hard Oracle's checkpoint if anyone still wants it.

I would love the oracle checkpoint if possible.
PSN: DiscreteCat

kuppy

Again, nice changes to the OP, great, thanks.

Are people already forming for the Dark Below raid, I for example would like to do the first one with only people who don't now anything about it. Experience that feeling of new content which keeps you wondering, searching for solutions.

Actually watched the new trailer yesterday, was pretty funny, didn't like that it was only focused on the Hunter though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I have now 15 weapons to upgrade to max XP
Only 8 of the 15 will get Ascendant in them, all the rest are getting maxed and dismantled

So far I have done 2

A Void LMG (+6 Ass Energy) + Patience & Time (+4 Ass Energy)
Really weird that an exotic fully leveled gave me so less energies, oh well

Now I have to max these: (D) = Dismantled, (U) = Fully Upgraded

Hex Caster Arc (D), Purfuer VII (D), Atheon's Epilogue (D), Fatebringer (D), Fatebringer (U), Praetorian's Foil (U), Hezen Vengenace (U), Timur's Lash (U), The Swarm (D), Vision of Confluence (D), Mida Multi-Tool (U), Monte Carlo (U), Invective (U), Found Verdict (D), Gheleon's Demis (U)

I haven't even bought from vendors, my Vangaurd/Crucible marks are ready, but I have so many weapons already backed up to level up
Most are gonna be heavy/special so I can triple stack them + triple XP them off my 3 characters

Steroyd

I know I do! o/
Always too optimistic on this cloak thing...

Lolz, remember, you're invisible from my radar, not my eyes.

Does everyone think they will sell the Icebreaker again before the new raid? It's pretty much needed isn't it?

I don't know, with lots of people having a ton of strange couns at this point I would have given up on Xur selling it along with there being a solar burn weekly and Gjallarhorn that being said Xur selling Icebreaker seems the most likely of the 3 things to happen.

Anyone want to do a flawless raid on PS4? Starting as soon as we get 6

1) iRAWR
2) Dave1988
3) GraveRobberX
4) Kartik21
5)
6)

Edit: should have read above before I posted :p full now

Sabotage

other-3dc4876f3f08201c7c76cb71fa1da439-14.gif

...for that G'horn

Razgreez

And if you get some decent damage on them they teleport to the last checkpoint. Cheaters!

It's not the damage that causes them to teleport. If you keep hitting them with weapons which cause them to stagger or be pushed back then the game thinks they've glitched and teleports them ridiculously far forward. Rockets and high impact grenades have evidently been disallowed when attempting kill target events

Jinjo

120+ void points for thorn bounty in one round D: D: D: D: D:

from 60-80ish to 202

Gimme a shout when you get to the Xyor part of the bounty. Me and LiK completed it without issues yesterday, I'll help ya.

You were right about no new waves spawning if you don't damage the boss though. New waves would only come in at around the 70-40-10% mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom