• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right after spending 23 coins on Xur's sparrow upgrade, I get a Timebreaker from the Raid. This game...

Xur is a gateway for getting loot in the raid.

You purchase something from Xur, you are given a bonus on your random roll in raids and nightfall's.

Destiny science fact.

So what's the general consensus on the best fusion rifle I have the plan c and praetorion foil and am working on the pocket infinity bounty.
Thanks for any responses.

For PvP or PvE?

PvP I like pocket infinity a lot but Plan C can be just as good depending on your play style. PI has a super slow charge but obliterates anything in its path if you get the burst off, while PC can have the fastest charge time in the game with great range but you have to be more precise.

PvE: definitely don't waste your exotic spot on a fusion rifle except maybe for NF burns. P foil does huge damage and is excellent for oracle killing, it would get my vote.

I have Dragon Age sitting there looking at me, wanting me to play it. I do want to, and every time I am about to open it up and pop it in I get a message in chat to help with a nightfall or a weekly.

I am aware Destiny is a time sink. I am aware that RNGesus hates me and favors everyone else in my party. These factors should make it easier to just say no to my friends and pop in Dragon Age.

But then I remember Dragon Age 2. I instantly become bitter and I say "screw it" I am going to take another gamble at lootz in Destiny even though I know it will end badly.

I am aware Destiny is a constant and that I need to set boundaries and give time to other games but it is just so hard.

Would it help if I told you it's like a mix between Origins and Skyrim, but with better storytelling, voice acting, characterisation etc.

Also, it's really funny.

The hair is still terrible....

k1t4j

And I was THAT GUY today... :(

It's just horrible how my screw up costs everyone else....

Maybe we should do a "THAT GUY" flawless run, with likeminded people that in one way or another missed the jumps?

This we if any of us fails there it won't be a big surprise, because ew all know what we got ourselves into to :p

Ghazi

Heh. I just realized the music that plays in the title screen of the game is "The Tower."

Wonder why they didn't go with the main theme. Maybe Marty thought it sounds nice, or we were supposed to start in the Tower originally.

hydruxo

I have Dragon Age sitting there looking at me, wanting me to play it. I do want to, and every time I am about to open it up and pop it in I get a message in chat to help with a nightfall or a weekly.

I am aware Destiny is a time sink. I am aware that RNGesus hates me and favors everyone else in my party. These factors should make it easier to just say no to my friends and pop in Dragon Age.

But then I remember Dragon Age 2. I instantly become bitter and I say "screw it" I am going to take another gamble at lootz in Destiny even though I know it will end badly.

I am aware Destiny is a constant and that I need to set boundaries and give time to other games but it is just so hard.

DAI is an incredible game. I played it for a day or two when I got it last week before Destiny pulled me back in (Iron Banner specifically). Finally got away from Destiny to put some time into DAI and it's so good. Go play DAI this week before Dark Below comes out dude.

Would it help if I told you it's like a mix between Origins and Skyrim, but with better storytelling, voice acting, characterisation etc.

Also, it's really funny.

The hair is still terrible....

DAI is an incredible game. I played it for a day or two when I got it last week before Destiny pulled me back in (Iron Banner specifically). Finally got away from Destiny to put some time into DAI and it's so good. Go play DAI this week before Dark Below comes out dude.

Thank you for the input. I am looking forward to sitting down and playing this soon. I am a die hard Bioware fan, the company can do no wrong minus two little blips in their history (handling of the ending of the mass effect trilogy, Dragon Age 2) But we all make mistakes and those are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

*God I need sleep, I can't believe I made that mistake. Thanks for pointing it out rodiard.

rNilla

Thank you for the input. I am looking forward to sitting down and playing this soon. I am a die hard Bioware fan, the company can do no wrong minus two little blips in their history (handling of the ending of the fallout trilogy, Dragon Age 2) But we all make mistakes and those are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.
Die hard fan status revoked.

Mattiator

For PvP or PvE?

PvP I like pocket infinity a lot but Plan C can be just as good depending on your play style. PI has a super slow charge but obliterates anything in its path if you get the burst off, while PC can have the fastest charge time in the game with great range but you have to be more precise.

PvE: definitely don't waste your exotic spot on a fusion rifle except maybe for NF burns. P foil does huge damage and is excellent for oracle killing, it would get my vote.

Thanks for response :) I was thinking p foil for just that reason. I don't play enough pvp but I may start..

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Seriously this is a first world problem, but HOLY SHIT!, I'm drowning in weapons

Not even a humble brag, Holy Fuck too many guns to level up as it is, now I get 3 fucking more added into the fold...

A total of 18 with 5 exotic bounties near completion, I mean I try to be efficient as possible with maxing XP and netting myself the most amount of energy, but this is getting ridiculous

All my 3 chars are getting blessed left and right with weapons

Raids, Weapons galore
Strikes, Weapons Galore
Nightfall/Weekly Weapons Galore

I just finished doing bounties and for shits and giggles killed a centurion before leaving just for the fuck of it, drops a special weapon legendary engram...
Go to tower, ranked in vanguard, now level 15, pick up from postmaster, Unfriendly Giant + Mote of Light + Ass Energy

I need like 50 more bounties per character everyday just to insulate all this xp in them

Anyone got a trick to level these weapons w/o bounties, I mean "Woken the Hive!" has it's perks, but I don't wanna murder a bajillion thralls

LordofPwn

GUARDIAN LORDS HARD RAID SATURDAY @6PM EST/3PM PST (Bungie Time)/11PM GMT with Twitch Broadcast

1.) Todd360
2.) LordofPwn
3.) Fig (maybe?)
4.) Boguester
5.) iRawr (Definite maybe)
6.)

Let's fill up the lineup. I'll try and find out from the previous thread on who was interested first.

Need more Guardian Lords! even to be on standby as alternates. Also PSN messages are taking forever, so apologies if you sent me one asking to be a part of this and i haven't responded.

BokehKing

Banned
Just handed in 10 bounties, worked on them all morning, hoping that today will be the day I finally get an exotic bounty, I mean why not, everyone gets them, why can't I?

So what happens?

Nothing

Can someone run me through level 22 weekly, ps4
I need like 2 coins to get plan c and destiny lfg site, is not working (as in I'm not finding any groups)

LordofPwn

Seriously this is a first world problem, but HOLY SHIT!, I'm drowning in weapons

Not even a humble brag, Holy Fuck too many guns to level up as it is, now I get 3 fucking more added into the fold...

A total of 18 with 5 exotic bounties near completion, I mean I try to be efficient as possible with maxing XP and netting myself the most amount of energy, but this is getting ridiculous

All my 3 chars are getting blessed left and right with weapons

Raids, Weapons galore
Strikes, Weapons Galore
Nightfall/Weekly Weapons Galore

I just finished doing bounties and for shits and giggles killed a centurion before leaving just for the fuck of it, drops a special weapon legendary engram...
Go to tower, ranked in vanguard, now level 15, pick up from postmaster, Unfriendly Giant + Mote of Light + Ass Energy

I need like 50 more bounties per character everyday just to insulate all this xp in them

Anyone got a trick to level these weapons w/o bounties, I mean "Woken the Hive!" has it's perks, but I don't wanna murder a bajillion thralls

I'm in the same boat. got 25 weapons to max out, 22 of which are exotic...

matmanx1

So what's the general consensus on the best fusion rifle I have the plan c and praetorion foil and am working on the pocket infinity bounty.
Thanks for any responses.

Perun's Fire is also an excellent choice if you happened to pick it up. It has a shorter charge time than most other Legendary FR's and doesn't take up an exotic slot. My Perun's Fire is the sole reason I'm not spending coins on Plan C this weekend.

Mattiator

Perun's Fire is also an excellent choice if you happened to pick it up. It has a shorter charge time than most other Legendary FR's and doesn't take up an exotic slot. My Perun's Fire is the sole reason I'm not spending coins on Plan C this weekend.

Awesome thanks for the response I didn't get a chance to grab it but I'll remember your advice :)

Any normal raids forming today? I'd like to get my 28 warlock through it fast before I start on hard raids with my other characters.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Should be available most of the day.

I've just got an invite from someone but there was no message attached -_- How am I supposed to know which fucking activity you want to play?

Any normal raids forming today? I'd like to get my 28 warlock through it fast before I start on hard raids with my other characters.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Should be available most of the day.

I'm available for a normal raid!

Need more Guardian Lords! even to be on standby as alternates. Also PSN messages are taking forever, so apologies if you sent me one asking to be a part of this and i haven't responded.

May I join? I don't have the Guardian Lord trophy yet but I'm working on it. It should be done in a matter of days (or whenever Bungie re-introduces Salvage mode)

LordofPwn

I've just got an invite from someone but there was no message attached -_- How am I supposed to know which fucking activity you want to play?

I'm available for a normal raid!

May I join? I don't have the Guardian Lord trophy yet but I'm working on it. It should be done in a matter of days (or whenever Bungie re-introduces Salvage mode)

ask todd. i think he really wanted a guardian lord only hard raid. if hes ok with it then sure. besides salvage what other trophies are you missing?

Ourobolus

Banned
I hate these. I have one person on my friends list who just bombards me with invites when she is on with no description. I'm not joining anyone without a message attached or unless I know what it is already (e.g., GAF posts).

R2 jams and controller randomly sprints while aiming down sights.

my old controllers left stick started giving me issues after a while. pressing the stick to sprint wouldn't always work. Had to change controller after that myself. Fucked it up bad after playing Destiny so long, I guess lol

OverHeat

« generous god »
With the iron banner kit my hunter look badass IMO
ADLJlGe.jpg

R2 jams and controller randomly sprints while aiming down sights.

You mean the button literally jams? Yeah mine does that too. It either sticks in and goes off randomly and repeatedly or I push it in and it does nothing. Along with other issues. The DS4 quality is absolute garbage. I had to buy another controller on Black Friday just to replace it. And it'll inevitably happen with this one too. 100 or so hours should not be the limit on a fucking console controller.

You mean the button literally jams? Yeah mine does that too. It either sticks in and goes off randomly and repeatedly or I push it in and it does nothing. Along with other issues. The DS4 quality is absolute garbage. I had to buy another controller on Black Friday just to replace it. And it'll inevitably happen with this one too. 100 or so hours should not be the limit on a fucking console controller.

Especially as this is Sony's fourth damn console. You would figure quality control was handled by now.

Everyone ready for the Dark Below? New raid going in blind is going to be absolutely amazing.

the left stick's been giving me trouble since the beta but the rest of the buttons have deteriorated only recently.

was going to buy a new one yesterday but i'm going to see how the warranty policy looks since mine is only 5 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom