• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ladies and gentlemen, my controller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwshlEjfHeA

note what happens at 0:15 and 1:26

tumblr_mf8uuzupom1qecr4go1_500.gif

You seem to have gotten the hang of TLW though

the left stick's been giving me trouble since the beta but the rest of the buttons have deteriorated only recently.

was going to buy a new one yesterday but i'm going to see how the warranty policy looks since mine is only 5 months old.

They deteriorate way too quickly. I bought two before destiny launched and they both have issues. One with the sticks and the other with the rumble.

]the left stick's been giving me trouble since the beta[/B] but the rest of the buttons have deteriorated only recently.

was going to buy a new one yesterday but i'm going to see how the warranty policy looks since mine is only 5 months old.

You see folks... Zoba is so bad ass at Destiny that faulty equipment means nothing...
(I have seen the video of you in crucible with the sniper rifle I am impressed)

Manp

hey, i would like to join a normal raid run if someone has a free spot. i know what to do and can follow directions. just don't trust me to be the relic holder, i literally have never used it.

i could attempt hard too but you'll probably have to drag my sorry ass through it.

lvl 29 titan
on PS4 PSN Manp

tnx :)

hey, i would like to join a normal raid run if someone has a free spot. i know what to do and can follow directions. just don't trust me to be the relic holder, i literally have never used it.

i could attempt hard too but you'll probably have to drag my sorry ass through it.

lvl 29 titan
on PS4 PSN Manp

tnx :)

Honestly now is as good a time as any to learn relic. Use this run as a way to learn the nuances of the most hated job in the raid.

You seem to have gotten the hang of TLW though

They deteriorate way too quickly. I bought two before destiny launched and they both have issues. One with the sticks and the other with the rumble.

ugh i'd hate to have to go through two of them. i hope my new one at least lasts another 6 months, or if it decides that it wants to stop working, it does so before the return period expires.

maybe i'll just return it right at the end and replace it with a new one each time. i think it was Lik who said the colored ones have better quality, so i picked one of those up just now.

I'm really enjoying The Last Word. it gives me all the mobility and pinpoint target acquisition of a hand cannon with the kill time of the OG mythoclast. but these controller issues only exacerbate the bugs with the gun.

You see folks... Zoba is so bad ass at Destiny that faulty equipment means nothing...
(I have seen the video of you in crucible with the sniper rifle I am impressed)

:lol back then it was only the random sprints during ADS that i had to deal with, but it was infrequent and i assumed i was pressing L3 too firmly.

never ignore the warning signs...

Manp

Honestly now is as good a time as any to learn relic. Use this run as a way to learn the nuances of the most hated job in the raid.

lol well, i don't like wipes just as much as the next guy...

and to be fair i've had enough of wipes already in my last few raid runs, being wiped like 30 times at atheon (at lvl 26 none the less) is not really my definition of fun

:)

lol well, i don't like wipes just as much as the next guy...

and to be fair i've had enough of wipes already in my last few raid runs, being wiped like 30 times at atheon (at lvl 26 none the less) is not really my definition of fun

:)

Fair enough.

All these looking for group PS4 postings make me regret getting it for the Xbox1. You all might see me online trudging through getting a character to max level on the PS4 just to join in on all the GAF magic. I wish characters were transferable between the two consoles even if it cost extra.

On the subject of good PVP fusion rifles, I managed to land a Light/Beware that does arc damage, has charged coils, faster reload on an empty mag, and bonus hip fire accuracy and the thing is an absolute beast. It charges quicker than any other fusion rifles I've used, except plan c after swapping, and has really good range. Highly recommended if you can find it.

X-Frame

I love Timur's Lash. I truly love that thing

I have 3 of them, all from the last IB:

1. Zen Moment; Flared Magwell; Luck in the Chamber (PvP)
2. Zen Moment; Field Scout; Grenadier (PvP or PvE)
3. Outlaw; Field Scout; Mulligan (PvE)

I'll probably max the Grenadier one first, because getting 10% of your grenade cool-down back per kill is not insignificant, and if you can chain a bunch of trash mob kills together your grenade recharges ridiculously fast. It would be great in the Raid and on someone like a Titan or Warlock.

Well it seems like there's a few more people interested in a normal raid. I'll put together a list, just respond to this post and send me a friend request on PSN - Dr_LawyerCop.

Let's shoot for 3:30 pm EST or when full. I should take a quick shower. I'll send invites when we have 6.

1) Me
2) Shok
3) Palocca
4) StereoType
5) Schwagger
6) TylerDurden

Sh0k

Well it seems like there's a few more people interested in a normal raid. I'll put together a list, just respond to this post and send me a friend request on PSN - Dr_LawyerCop.

Let's shoot for 3:30 pm EST or when full. I should take a quick shower. I'll send invites when we have 6.

1) Me
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

You can put me in the list, sending you a friend request in 5 mins. PSN Shokleeto.

Palocca

1) Me
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'm down. PSN: theflyingpigeon

Haybro

1) Me
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Sending a FR

Edit: PSN: Haybro_

spyder_ur

1) Me
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Can I take my 27 Hunter through? Upgraded weapons been through a bunch. PSN spyder_ur

1) Me
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

PSN TheTylerDurden - 30 Titan

1) Me
2) Shok
3) Palocca
4) StereoType
5) Schwagger
6) TylerDurden

Looks like we're full. I'll send invites in just a bit.

Akai XIII

Any kind soul willing to drag a lowly 25 though the NF/28 Heroic on the Xbone? Will be able to get an exotic with the coins so I can start doing the raid on my lock.

It feels so tedious grinding after being so used to the PS4 version.

Any kind soul willing to drag a lowly 25 though the NF/28 Heroic on the Xbone? Will be able to get an exotic with the coins so I can start doing the raid on my lock.

It feels so tedious grinding after being so used to the PS4 version.

Holy crap... you actually are coming over to our side of the fence? Wow, I don't... no words can explain how baffled I am about this turn of events.

I am going to be playing at 10pm MST tonight, if you still need it let me know GT is CthulhuSars.

And if we don't connect for some reason add me anyways and you can tag along anytime my merry band of delinquents is on. We play mostly nights at least 6 days a week.

Frenden

Banned
I have a Lash that isn't fully upgraded but consistently critical hits Tiger Strike/24 level mobs for 1337 damage.

And it makes me laugh too hard to upgrade it further.

forrest

formerly nacire
Going from PS3 to PS4 I notice two things. One, the hardware upgrade is huge for this title and it looks so much better. I'm blown away by the difference and it feels like I'm getting to rediscover the game to an extent. Two, muscle memory is a bitch and as my much as I love the DS4, it's taking some adjusting after spending so much Destiny time with a DS3.

So when are these totally competent employees at Bungie fixing Thorn again?

the next patch is supposed to hit next week, so either monday, tuesday or wednesday.

I agree, because well I don't want another Destiny thread where all the haters muck it up and then I have to bounce between two threads...

it'll just split the community up unnecessarily. we'll just have to be mindful of spoilers for people who don't have the DLC

I'm doing my best to get comfortable filling whatever position is needed in a raid team. I was fortunate to find a group for hard raid last night, but it was a struggle. We just couldn't take out Atheon due to an unfortunate string of glitches and poor decisions made causing team members to die (standing around watching relic, not clearing supplicants, using bad juju as primary).

After a couple hours, we didn't clear, but I was able to get substantial time as relic holder since most of the others didn't want to have anything to do with it. This brings me to some questions. Hopefully the flawless raiders in the community here as well as anyone with extensive relic experience can shed some Light on the situation. Let me know if any of my assumptions are incorrect.

Mars/Left/Red/Desert:

Relic holder should take out the mobs by him/herself while other two concentrate solely on oracles.

Relic holder can either do the jump-R2 smash attack to take out multiple enemies -or simply run down and take each goblin out one by one with the shoulder smash attack (R2).

There were times, though, when the goblins seemed to be alerted to the portal team's presence right as we entered. They were already shooting, and would shoot me when I would be mid-air to smash attack, or while I was running down to shoulder smash. What's the best plan of attack when this happens?

Venus/Right/Green/Forest:

One portal team member helps whittle down the Minotaur while the other concentrates on the oracles. Relic holder takes out Minotaur then any remaining enemies.

Ideally, the Minotaur and his fodder buddies are grouped in the middle. The helper can easily lob grens/shoot a rocket, or use an MG to dole out Dave to make it easier for the relic holder to clean up. What do you so when the Minotaur is hiding on the left or right behind the rocks? It makes it harder to spot him and deal damage. The portal team ends up spending too much time in extermination efforts and gets behind on oracles. More problematic is when the two accompanying goblins are spread out to the left and right. I would be able to take out the Minotaur, but would get shot by the other two gobbies.

Any tips? I was bummed so much time was wasted but relic experience was welcomed.

I've got an Atheon checkpoint too d anyone wants it. Just pm here if you're interested. I doubt I'll be able to find a group to finish him off before the reset.

only one person needs to worry about the first few oracles in the portal. the other person should help take care of the adds.

in the desert portal, the player helping the relic guy should hit the hob goblin that's furthest away. the relic guy will be smashing the two closest together and it's usually the outlying one that snipes them in the back. help until all the adds are dead, and by then the other player has taken care of the first oracle and damaged the second.

same thing in the jungle portal, except the player helping takes out the goblins while the relic guy focuses on the minotaur

I wonder how hard it would be to make strikes more dynamic in Destiny. Like, when you are doing the walker tank part of the Earth strike have a bunch of ogres come out of nowhere and start wailing on you as well. It would be nice to see them less static and predictable. I realize there are only so many elements they could introduce that would be randomized especially given the way some of the levels are configured, but it would break up the monotony. Maybe even add weather elements in it. Toss in some rain/thunder and lightning to even further disguise stealth vandals that can one shot you with lightswitch.

Also, why are there not level 30 strikes that at least guarantee 1 legendary drop. That would be nice. It's not like they turn into exotic gear except once in a blue moon.

LordofPwn

GUARDIAN LORDS HARD RAID TODAY @6PM EST/3PM PST (Bungie Time)/11PM GMT with Twitch Broadcast

1.) Todd360
2.) LordofPwn
3.) Fig
4.) Boguester
5.) iRawr (Definite maybe)
6.)

Alt 1.) ComputerMkII

Let's fill up the lineup. I'll try and find out from the previous thread on who was interested first.
need some alternates and some mains. Come on Guardian Lords!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom