• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am level 25. What's the best way to get my light up so I be shining like you all?
check the original post at the beginning of this thread - it has guides/faqs for leveling up past 20.
in a nutshell, right now, you should be leveling up vendor factions (vanguard, crucible) so that you can get higher light level legendary armor.
once you get that, you will get to level 31 when the armor is fully leveled, which then puts you right in line to do the Crota's End raid.
however, since House comes out next tuesday, well, hmm....

guys/gals?

darthbob

Yeah, great work Drizzay... Way to think that up all by yourself...
slow-clap-gif-500x200.gif

I claim ignorance.

mfn_pie

New thread. Old one went really fast. Looking forward to the expansion coming up. If anyone needs help around midnight eastern hit me up, I am down to help with anything but Crucible.

Apt101

check the original post at the top of this page - it has guides/faqs for leveling up past 20.
in a nutshell, right now, you should be leveling up vendor factions (vanguard, crucible) so that you can get higher light level legendary armor.
once you get that, you will get to level 31 when the armor is fully leveled, which then puts you right in line to do the Crota's End raid.
however, since House comes out next tuesday, well, hmm....

guys/gals?

Word, thanks. I am doing some patrol bounties so hopefully I'll get the Vanguard rep I need. I am also several motes away from a new warlock armband. So excited. I think I may pick up the vulture one - looks so cool. They all look cool.

So I am level 25. What's the best way to get my light up so I be shining like you all?
Hit level 27, pm me when you do or make a post. Pretty sure there will be a group willing to carry you through CE to get the raid armor which has highest light. As for now till HoW.

As much as I dislike CE, the one thing I do like is its short (since I can be lazy and don't feel like playing VoG) and it's very easy to carry people through it.

Lnkn52

New thread. Old one went really fast. Looking forward to the expansion coming up. If anyone needs help around midnight eastern hit me up, I am down to help with anything but Crucible.
I could have sworn that the last OT lasted a week, but I was wrong; Just under a month.

ethomaz

Banned
|My Grimoire Checklist|

- 3493/5000 Titan Crucible Kills
- 15851/20000 Hunter Enemies Kills
- 3690/5000 Hunter Crucible Kills
- 3402/5000 Warlock Crucible Kills
- 3252/5000 Shotgun Kills
- 3380/5000 Sniper Rifle Kills
- The 4th Horseman
- 75/250 Oger Kills
- 69/100 Clash Wins
- 0/100 Rumble Wins
- 54/100 Skirmish Wins
- 25/100 Salvage Wins
- 69/250 VIP Kills
- 132/250 Public Events

Ohhhhh God it is a long long way to reach perfection.

noomi

Played some crucible with Nuszka and Messiek... we need some serious practice. Got to git gud before trials of osiris lol.

I'll be up bright and early tomorrow to steal yo' checkpoints gaf. If anyone needs me to help transfer anything over, just let me know, I'll be around.

Word, thanks. I am doing some patrol bounties so hopefully I'll get the Vanguard rep I need. I am also several motes away from a new warlock armband. So excited. I think I may pick up the vulture one - looks so cool. They all look cool.
save your motes! when House of Wolves drops, vendor weapons will be able to be re-rolled using motes of light, the class items do nothing to raise your light level.

|My Grimoire Checklist|

- The 4th Horseman
- 75/250 Oger Kills
- 69/100 Clash Wins
- 0/100 Rumble Wins
- 54/100 Skirmish Wins
- 25/100 Salvage Wins
- 69/250 VIP Kills
- 132/250 Public Events

Rumble is the worst. 100 is insane. I fluked out and won a match once. No interest in trying again.

|My Grimoire Checklist|

- The 4th Horseman
- 75/250 Oger Kills
- 69/100 Clash Wins
- 0/100 Rumble Wins
- 54/100 Skirmish Wins
- 25/100 Salvage Wins
- 69/250 VIP Kills
- 132/250 Public Events

Why?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
wonder how many rumble wins i got. only added 1 to it yesterday despite many matches, that much I know -_-
Can someone briefly explain to me how ascendant energy / shards will be relevant post HoW?
We don't know yet, you will be able to exchange them for glimmer or motes at least though.

Deku Tree

Can someone briefly explain to me how ascendant energy / shards will be relevant post HoW?

They appear to be totally irrelevant for any "new gear" that you might get in the HoW activities.

I am guessing that any "old gear" that you still have or that you get from VoG etc still takes Ascendant materials even after HoW... Not 100% sure but it looks like they left all of the "old stuff" the same as it was before and only changed the "new stuff".

As people have said you can trade in your ascendant materials for glimmer or motes or whatever at the speaker.

ich00

Yay new thread! Since ot20 was supposed to be where I got my final exotic, the 4th horsemen, ot21 surely will be....I hope. I really just want it before next Tuesday.

They appear to be totally irrelevant for any "new gear" that you might get in the HoW activities.

I am guessing that any "old gear" that you still have or that you get from VoG etc still takes Ascendant materials even after HoW... Not 100% sure but it looks like they left all of the "old stuff" the same as it was before and only changed the "new stuff".

As people have said you can trade in your ascendant materials for glimmer or motes or whatever at the speaker.

Hopefully ass mats will be completely removed from the nf loot table as a result

Yay new thread! Since ot20 was supposed to be where I got my final exotic, the 4th horsemen, ot21 surely will be....I hope. I really just want it before next Tuesday.
i will never forget |OT20| - it's where i got my first g'horn, and achieved GLord status! :D

Zoidberg

Hopefully ass mats will be completely removed from the nf loot table as a result

Will be interesting to see, as they are a reward for alot of things currently. Engrams, nightfall, daily. They really should have just wiped them from existence, like commendations. It would have required updating all old gear, but it would put everything on the same level. Hopefully they learned their lesson with raid materials, and we shall never see them again.

Apt101

save your motes! when House of Wolves drops, vendor weapons will be able to be re-rolled using motes of light, the class items do nothing to raise your light level.

Aw man but I want to look fly. Oh well, I'll save 'em I guess.

Edit: thank god I can't purchase cosmetics ala TF2. I'd be spending cash hand over fist for some of the things I've seen.

jtar86

I bought Destiny for Ps4 a week ago and I have a titan and warlock at 23 and 25. I should have 200 marks for each and vanguard level 2 by tomorrow. I should just save those marks for the new vendor gear that coming in HoW's right? I think it would be pointless to buy any other gear right now since the new stuff will out class it; even though I will be stuck running strikes until HoW since I'm too low of lvl to do anything else.

another question - would this, on a defender titan, be a viable build for blocking enemy heavy? put a bubble down, then if an enemy tries to super their way in, just PI them to death?

Like Hawk said this is completely do-able. You can even enter a Titan's Armor of Light bubble and kill him if you get the burst off before he shotguns you, I've done it a few times but not recommended. The issue is still the trade off with you entire load out. A Felwinter can do the same job without some of the PI downsides.

Also, good players won't enter your bubble without a trump card like Arc Blade (and even then they can just spam the R2 energy wave move from outside the bubble). Bad players will enter but you can PI, shotty, punch or nibble their ears, anything can kill those goofballs.

Lima said:
the no pocket infinity rule.

First off it is the most OP and annoying weapon in crucible. There is nothing you can do when you hear it charging

While it has been hit pretty hard with the ammo nerf you could get a few kills with it and then control all 3 green ammo crates.

Since it gives you basically a free kill

I will absolutely give PI some more mileage this evening during Crucible. I loved it so much before the nerfs while other stuff like TLW + F'sL or Spear rose up to take its place afterwards. I know it's still good, just hard to go back when I remember the glory days so well.

That said, I really don't agree that it's a free kill/nothing you can do/most OP weapon. The best, most intimidating players I've gone against typically run TLW for mid-close blink rushes and abuse crazy auto aim snipers for long range. Especially in Skirmish, it's easy enough for them to keep their distance and snipe before PI would have a chance. Even closer range, you can cook that first PI charge but it's not impossible to dodge w/ blink and then good-night-TLW-nurse.

Also, the point about controlling the special crates is true for any coordinated team with a good load out. I'd be really curious to see top teams allow PI and see how they fared against skilled Thorn+F'sL and/or TLW+sniper teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom