• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destructoid: "Duke Nukem in Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is a Big Failure"

What more can gearbox and randy do to destroy duke nukem ?

1) DNF
2) ruined the remake being made by fans
3) Screwed duke game from 3dr aka bombshell
4) Removed the good duke nukem modern port aka Megaton which was more community friendly
5) Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour is DOA with the community burnout on too many ports
6) cancelled another interesting port Duke Nukem 3D: Hail to the King collection
http://www.droidgamers.com/index.ph...e-king-collection-will-no-longer-be-happening

7) copy paste duke face dlc in bulletstorm

If you think Bulletstorm is mindless, you should go back and replay Bulletstorm, jfc.

Bulletstorm was the definition of mindless! It was like Serious Sam, if Serious Sam could field only a handful of enemies at once, and instead of rushing at you they just stood around passively waiting to get dick-kicked into a cactus. It was also like The Club, only instead of a combo counter constantly ticking down, it gave you a ridiculously small health pool that slowly regenerated while you hid behind some wacky space crate. It was even a bit like Vanquish, what with all the sliding around, only instead of big open arenas you were sliding down one endless narrow corridor, bisected every few metres by speedbumps that required a momentum-killing context-sensitive button push to vault over. And I don't know which game Bulletstorm stole all the QTEs from, but I bet it had the good sense not to make the final boss one.

The scenarios were imaginative and the dialogue was really good. That doesn't make up for the gameplay sucking all the joy out of sadism and turning it into stamp collecting. By the time I finished laboriously shooting every different kind of guy in every one of his orifices, I didn't even want my fucking submarine sandwich anymore :(

gabbo

This feels like Gearbox testing the waters for Duke. Am I the only one who feels like the only way Duke could ever be brought back is by making him the butt of a joke?

Duke used to be the joke. It's only in DNF and since Gearbox bought him that he's no longer used that way. He was always a parody of 80s movie tough guys, like going on Oprah/being a big Oprah fan when not kicking Dr Proton's ass, and writing a self-aggrandizing book.

If written correctly, he could easily be that again, hell he could parody himself given how low he's been sunk to.

What more can gearbox and randy do to destroy duke nukem ?

1) DNF
2) ruined the remake being made by fans
3) Screwed duke game from 3dr aka bombshell
4) Removed the good duke nukem modern port aka Megaton which was more community friendly
5) Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour is DOA with the community burnout on too many ports
6) cancelled another interesting port Duke Nukem 3D: Hail to the King collection
http://www.droidgamers.com/index.ph...e-king-collection-will-no-longer-be-happening

7) copy paste duke face dlc in bulletstorm
Like why did they even buy the licence

In their defence Bombshell would have been terrible even if it had Duke Nukem
Duke used to be the joke. It's only in DNF and since Gearbox bought him that he's no longer used that way. He was always a parody of 80s movie tough guys, like going on Oprah/being a big Oprah fan when not kicking Dr Proton's ass, and writing a self-aggrandizing book.

If written correctly, he could easily be that again, hell he could parody himself given how low he's been sunk to.
Yeah, exactly. Duke was bought by a bunch of people who didn't get the joke and thought Duke Nukem was unironically cool

Gearbox failing to meet any kind of expectation is hardly surprising. What's astonishing to me is the high school level quality of writing in this article. That was painful to read. Get an editor, Destructoid.

Top Bottom