• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detroit Become Human launches on 25th of May 2018

Plagued with difficult press during its development, the latest magnum opus from Quantic Dream is coming out 25.05.18 as announced on the official PlayStation twitter and Facebook pages. I'll still be looking to purchase and hope that it is a great game and judge the product accordingly. Who is looking forward to this game?

DryvBy

Myself. It looks like a fun interactive movie which I'm fine with sometimes.

I don't buy into social media courts. None of that drama is legit until someone lawyers up.

Last edited:

NovumAngel

Banned
While Fahrenheit was complete crap, I enjoyed Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. This will be a day one purchase for me.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ecome-human-hits-ps4-on-25th-may/#sf183340670
We are proud to announce that Detroit: Become Human now has an official release date. On 25th May, you will finally have the chance to get your hands on Quantic Dream’s most ambitious title to date.

In a dystopian vision of our near future, Detroit is the story of three androids, three machines designed to obey, who start to feel emotions. Confronted with persecution and the violence of society, they will all have to decide who they want to be.

Connor is a prototype designed to help human investigators on cases involving androids; Kara becomes a fugitive by empathising with a little girl, united in their dream of freedom; Markus will become the leader of the android revolution.

Orpheum

Ugh the same day as the Dark Souls Remaster...at least it's the end of the Month. The fresh Cash from work will do me good.

RPGCrazied

Loved Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls, if its more of that I'm on board. And who doesn't like androids? I'm in!

wvnative

As a disabled gamer I struggled with heavy rain despite loving its concept. I hope this game puts limits on how much the motion/gyro stuff is used.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've got it pre-ordered, glad to hear it's finally got a date.

I didn't play Heavy Rain or Beyond Two Souls - are they connected to the story? Set in the same world? Or just from the same developer?

Vawn

Banned
As a disabled gamer I struggled with heavy rain despite loving its concept. I hope this game puts limits on how much the motion/gyro stuff is used.

As a not disabled gamer I struggle and am annoyed my any motion/gyro controls. Hopefully, they at least give an alternative if they put that stuff in the game.

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
On the top of my list for the most anticipated game this year so far. The premise and how much they've been promoting choice for almost every decision has me excited. It'll be worth multiple playthroughs to experience all the different outcomes.

KevinKeene

Banned

"Peter Saunders, founder of the National Association of People Abused in Childhood, said: "Abusers will get off on this stuff and the other thing we know beyond question is that videos [sic] games end up being played by children and, scarily, the proliferation of salacious and abusive images is actually encouraging violence and abuse.

"And we know that abuse in all its forms is escalating on this planet so why not help to tackle it constructively rather than sensationalise and make money out if it?""

Wtf? How dumb are these people? There's an abundance of movies with such scenes. But here comes a video game and it's unacceptable? Sigh

Do we know if the scene will make it into the final game? If yes, I'll support it just for that.

When will people learn to stop treating virtual content like reality? :/ I want children and teenagers in GTA6.

wvnative

"Peter Saunders, founder of the National Association of People Abused in Childhood, said: "Abusers will get off on this stuff and the other thing we know beyond question is that videos [sic] games end up being played by children and, scarily, the proliferation of salacious and abusive images is actually encouraging violence and abuse.

"And we know that abuse in all its forms is escalating on this planet so why not help to tackle it constructively rather than sensationalise and make money out if it?""

Wtf? How dumb are these people? There's an abundance of movies with such scenes. But here comes a video game and it's unacceptable? Sigh

Do we know if the scene will make it into the final game? If yes, I'll support it just for that.

When will people learn to stop treating virtual content like reality? :/ I want children and teenagers in GTA6.

You can't stop what people will get off to in the privacy of their own home. By that logic everything should be banned.

ScrapBrain

I'm going to wait for the detailed reviews before I make a decision on this one, the last two games have been sorta dodgy for me where it looks like top-notch quality but ends up being disappointing in one way or another in the gameplay/story department

Masagiwa

Probably going to get delayed.

Maybe, but it seems to close to release. If they wanted more time, they probably wouldn't have even released that date. I like that both God of war and Detroit announced the dates very close to release if they now manage to hit those dates.

Blam

Maybe, but it seems to close to release. If they wanted more time, they probably wouldn't have even released that date. I like that both God of war and Detroit announced the dates very close to release if they now manage to hit those dates.

I mean after that one PSX, when Sony only showed TBA release dates for all their games I'd assume they are taking a much much safer approach now.

wvnative

As a not disabled gamer I struggle and am annoyed my any motion/gyro controls. Hopefully, they at least give an alternative if they put that stuff in the game.

Anybody know the absolute best way to get attention on this issue? I want to set an example that these forced motion controls are not okay.

BANGS

Banned
Anybody know the absolute best way to get attention on this issue? I want to set an example that these forced motion controls are not okay.
Why are they not "ok"? You expect every product to be made specifically for you? Some people like these features dude...

Bryank75

Banned
I'll be there day 1, I fully expect polygon and a few other attention seekers to do a low score review to pander to the wide array of haters the game and director have. But for me the game looks like Blade Runner and has some really great ideas that I want to experience first hand..... ain't nobody gonna stop me.

NeonDelta

Day one for me, heavy rain was one of my favourite PS3 games, need to replay beyond two souls on PS4 as the PS3 didn’t do it justice

DryvBy

I fixed up that cover art:

DXNpcdUWsAAYALA.jpg

bitbydeath

Myself. It looks like a fun interactive movie which I'm fine with sometimes.

I don't buy into social media courts. None of that drama is legit until someone lawyers up.

Even then, who cares. I’m buying a game which has nothing to do with anything they have or have not done.

VulcanRaven

I will definitely buy this at some point. Quantic Dream games are great. I really liked Fahrenheit and Beyond: Two Souls. Heavy Rain is good too but I liked it less than the others. I hated the motion controls.

Last edited:
This game was getting raised eyebrows even before the "abuse stories" rose. They have *really* not earned the benefit of the doubt that they can properly handle subjects like domestic abuse.

I have played Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain. One was weird, the other was excellent despite some missteps.

Have not played Beyond: Two Souls. I can promise myself that I'll play the remaster before Detroit comes out but I might also be lying to myself.

bitbydeath

This game was getting raised eyebrows even before the "abuse stories" rose. They have *really* not earned the benefit of the doubt that they can properly handle subjects like domestic abuse.

What makes you think that way? Any examples? It was handled well in previous games. Is there a good/bad way to handle it? This game isn’t about sunshine and roses.

And not to mention the game is setup to put the decision (good or bad) on you. So it’ll depend on how you handle things.

Last edited:

Pepboy

I'm interested. I enjoyed Heavy Rain, a lot. Beyond not that much.

But I am so far behind, still playing early 2017 games. It's like a new book releasing -- nothing that grabs me and says I must play this now. I guess also feel a little salty I paid full price for beyond.

KevinKeene

Banned

Define 'properly' please. Is there a certain limited range of how one is allowed to 'handle' abuse stories?

I don't think so.

Day 1, these guys never let me down since Heavy Rain. There will be 3 unique stories to complete and it gives me vibes what's to come in CyberPunk.

i never played a quantic dream game before, but this has my interest. I like the usage of the detective mode like how batman arkham origins has.

wvnative

Why are they not "ok"? You expect every product to be made specifically for you? Some people like these features dude...

As usual I was typing out of my ass before thinking. I should have phrased that very differently.

I don't want these features taken away for people who want them, just games that have heavy use of them to have options to turn them off for folks like me. I get that I'm in a small minority of people, but I feel there isn't enough awareness in the dev community in regards to folks with major physical disadvantages such as myself. Been playing games my whole life and for the MOST part never had issues until motion crap started rising in popularity.

thelawof4

Even though i never played any game from Quantic Dream, i am looking forward to this one. I will buy a PS4 eventually and this game is on my playlist for sure!

VulcanRaven

I hope this game doesn't have annoying motion controls like Heavy Rain had. For example you had to wave the controller around when the main character was brushing his teeth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom