• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detroit: Become Human. PGW17 trailer. Releasing Spring 2018

NahaNago

That trailer was intense but it didn't do the which choice should I make as strong as the first trailer with the detective or the ending was weak pretty much in other words.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
The robot looked like thinner Jennifer Lawrence.

Really nice trailer. Now I am excited. Earlier trailers werent doing it for me, but this one was great.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The branching narrative on display here kind of reminds me of Until Dawn. This is a good thing.

WaterAstro

How many characters are there going to be?

I'm really interested in how they actually pull them all together.

This trailer is pretty emotional.

The robot looked like thinner Jennifer Lawrence.
She's played by Valorie Curry.

I want to give Quantic Dream another chance after the utter disappointment that was Beyond. Loved Heavy Rain, hope Detroit is closer to that. Writing is hammy as with every David Cage game, but I can live with it. This trailer gave me a bit of hope with all the small variations.

prag16

Banned
How many characters are there going to be?

I'm really interested in how they actually pull them all together.

This trailer is pretty emotional.

The branching narrative on display here kind of reminds me of Until Dawn. This is a good thing.

Yeah we'll see if they can pull it off. Cage always has interesting setups. The execution doesn't always quite work. But this looks really good from what they've shown.

And three characters; Connor, Kara, and Markus. Each of had their own trailer. (Kara has had two, kind of, if you count the initial reveal way back when.)

xviper

that looks impressive, but if it really has THAT much choices that leads to multiple paths, the game might be short

lets hope that they make another Masterpiece like Heavy Rain

royox

Never played the other games (Heavy Rain and Beyond). But this caught my attention...love the A.I theme and also the "your choices have real consequences" gimmick. WHat I'm worryed is about if the game is gonna feel like a film where I only press a button when it pops on screen and the other 99% i'm just a spectator.

prag16

Banned
that looks impressive, but if it really has THAT much choices that leads to multiple paths, the game might be short

And if it IS short, hopefully it's structured in a way that makes replayabity to see various outcomes feel worthwhile, and not a chore.

MaKTaiL

I'm getting tired of Quantic Dream reusing animations, facial expressions and character faces from their previous games. Anyone who played them can clearly see a lot of the same assets used on Heavy Rain and Beyond. I don't know if this is a restriction on the engine they are using or they are just that lazy. Even the character's movements are very similar (like walking or crouching).

I'm not saying this is a bad thing but this is becoming a very peculiar trait in their games. They can release a totally new trailer unrelated to Detroid and I will be able to point out it is a Quantic Dream game just by looking at it.

prag16

Banned
I'm getting tired of Quantic Dream reusing animations, facial expressions and character faces from their previous games. Anyone who played them can clearly see a lot of the same assets used on Heavy Rain and Beyond. I don't know if this is a restriction on the engine they are using or they are just that lazy. Even the character's movements are very similar (like walking or crouching).

I'm not saying this is a bad thing but this is becoming a very peculiar trait in their games. They can release a totally new trailer unrelated to Detroid and I will be able to point out it is a Quantic Dream game just by looking at it.

I think a couple of the locations we've seen looked familiar from Heavy Rain. But what characters? Kara is from an early PS3 tech demo. Which ones would you point to as being "reused" from Heavy Rain or BeyondTS?

Kumorin

Quantic Dreams' pedigree has earned my trust but I found the depiction of the abusive father to be OTT. Heavy Rain had this problem and so did Beyond: Two Souls. QD needs to tone down the characters that menace the protags, because they'd be a lot scarier that way. I actually started to laugh during this trailer and that's probably the one reaction Cage and Co. want to avoid.

wondermega

Looks good. I usually am not one for these kind of games, but this one has always had me intrigued for several reasons. When it comes out I will definitely check it out, I do think they are really onto a valid future of the medium with this stuff. At some point the writing and dialogue will have to level up, but for now it looks absolutely worthwhile.

Atrus

Gold Member
I've enjoyed these games since Farenheit (at least the first portion) so I'm definitely going to get this one. It's one of the few games where onlookers can sit back and enjoy it as well, kind of like a choose your own adventure movie.

I skipped on Beyond. I was not particularly interested. But I loved Heavy Rain. And Detroit looks more and more interesting the more I see.

ffvorax

Farenheit was good until
aliens!!!
Heavy Rain had his flaws, but I liked overall
Beyond was good... but I never really felt the story...

BUT I like a lot the idea behind Become Human, so super Hyped.

Elephant

Neo Member
Looks amazing. I wish they wouldn't show so much though. That particular scene would have been great to experience blind.

This has been reaction every time they've shown a trailer at a conference. I should just stop watching for 5 minutes whenever I see a glowing circle on someones head.

NovumAngel

Banned
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ecome-human-hits-ps4-on-25th-may/#sf183340670

We are proud to announce that Detroit: Become Human now has an official release date. On 25th May, you will finally have the chance to get your hands on Quantic Dream’s most ambitious title to date.

In a dystopian vision of our near future, Detroit is the story of three androids, three machines designed to obey, who start to feel emotions. Confronted with persecution and the violence of society, they will all have to decide who they want to be.

Connor is a prototype designed to help human investigators on cases involving androids; Kara becomes a fugitive by empathising with a little girl, united in their dream of freedom; Markus will become the leader of the android revolution.

Tarkus98

Really looking forward to this game, had me hooked from the very first time I saw it. Love the premise.
Is it just wishful thinking on my part to hope the writing is a bit better though then previous QD efforts? I presume Cage is still the main writer on this one? Sometimes his storyline can become a bit convoluted like in Beyond but overall I really enjoy their games.

Top Bottom