• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: HR $9.99 on Amazon, redeems on steam

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Augmented Edition

-Exclusive 40-page Artbook - Showcasing the concepts behind the world of 2027. Discover the origins of the design, the characters and the weapons of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

-44-minute making-of chronicling the trials and tribulations of the Eidos-Montreal team

-Motion comic based on the first issue of the DC Comics adaptation

-Game soundtrack composed by Michael McCann

-E3 Trailer and animated storyboard
Well that seals it, I'm going standard.

Cheers mate.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I like to minimize the number of outlets with my credit card information. Any GAFers want to help a brother out and trade this for a ten dollar game of their choice on Steam?

EDIT: Wait, its Amazon now? Nevermind then!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Can the Amazon game be activated on Steam? This is my first Amazon DD purchase, and I'm not seeing any keys.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Can the Amazon game be activated on Steam? This is my first Amazon DD purchase, and I'm not seeing any keys.

Hit the "your digital items" link on the top right corner. Then Software & Games. The key should be there.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Hit the "your digital items" link on the top right corner. Then Software & Games. The key should be there.
Ahh, thanks.

This has been quite the hassle-free process.

(The only big game left on my shopping list Skyrim. But I'm not holding my breath)

Takuan

Blast, too slow on the uptake for the DLC. I don't like paying more than a few bucks, so I'll just wait for it to go on sale sometime in the future.

Just change your address to Google's address. Bam. Done.
Does this work? I've had problems in the past with altering my address and then my purchase being refused because the address wasn't on file with my credit card company.

I don't think you can just change your billing address and successfully complete the transaction (first credit card, and then "verified by visa"), can you? Has some Canadian actually completed this method or is this just theory?

I should add I've been screwed with using a legit US "shipping address" as well. Even put it on file with VISA last year and had things shipped, but now they claim they don't do that any more and refused the purchase. I've got great credit--I don't get it...

theRizzle

Does this work? I've had problems in the past with altering my address and then my purchase being refused because the address wasn't on file with my credit card company.

I don't think you can just change your billing address and successfully complete the transaction (first credit card, and then "verified by visa"), can you? Has some Canadian actually completed this method or is this just theory?

I should add I've been screwed with using a legit US "shipping address" as well. Even put it on file with VISA last year and had things shipped, but now they claim they don't do that any more and refused the purchase. I've got great credit--I don't get it...

I have. I changed my address to "21 Jerk St. Syracuse, NY" in my billing address on the page where it says it's for US customers only. It worked, no problems.

ctrayne

So is there a "fun" build in this game? Like, one way to play the game that just seems far more popular?

Most people like stealth, and the game is a damn fine stealther if you want it to be. Plays like an enhanced MGS1 or 2 in some ways. Add a non-lethal goal on top of that for a true challenge.

Then play it again as a huge jerk with guns.

It does, I found that out once I redeemed the key on steam

When I redeemed the key on steam, there was no indication that it came with it.

It just said Deus Ex Human Revolution (Digital Retail) in the redemption box...

Should I wait until it downloads to see if it's there or...

Ifrit

Right click on the game on your steam library, and choose properties. Check the DLC tab, it should be there. No need to download it first

alf717

The DLC showed as soon as I used my key. Mine said Deus Ex Human Revolution (Digital Retail) + Tactical DLC pack. I'm not sure why your all getting gypped on it but maybe the keys Amazon was handing out earlier were pre-order keys?

All you get are two extra weapons to start out with and 1000 extra credit.

Took me about five hours on my 5Mbps connection but so far it has been worth it. The DLC from Gamersgate is Steam compatible right?

Ifrit

The DLC showed as soon as I used my key. Mine said Deus Ex Human Revolution (Digital Retail) + Tactical DLC pack. I'm not sure why your all getting gypped on it but maybe the keys Amazon was handing out earlier were pre-order keys?

All you get are two extra weapons to start out with and 1000 extra credit.

Took me about five hours on my 5Mbps connection but so far it has been worth it. The DLC from Gamersgate is Steam compatible right?

I recall mine saying that

alf717

I recall mine saying that

OK when the game is done downloading play it and as soon as you get on/off the helicopter it will say "Thank you for pre-ordering blah blah blah" " "Here is some extra shit" You should get two guns and 1000 in credit.

alf717

Was there any mention of it at all on the page? Maybe I can contact Amazon support.

Meh who knows...

No all you get from Amazon is a $5 credit towards a a 2011 best seller to use in January 2012. When some of us activated the game on Steam it was Steam that gave us the DLC.

BTW does anyone know if we will be able to stack our $5 code toward one purchase or is it only one $5 credit per game?

alf717

One at a time =/

Dang I'm glad I didn't go crazy then. Still they have really nice prices on PC games but I really doubt the code will be worth using this coming January. I'm kind of on the fence with NBA2K12 for $9.99 but the 2K10 and 2K11 boards are kind of telling me to back off of this one.

Dambrosi

Banned
Hi, I'm from the UK, and I was wondering: could some nice American help me get this off Amazon, please? I have PayPal, if that helps. Thanks.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yes. Did it. It should be in the OP & title.

Edit: I'm in the USA, I dont know if it works outside of the USA.
Yup, it worked for me as well. I was able to use my non-US CC as soon as I entered a friend's US address for billing. Redeemed on Steam as well, quite the smooth process. I'll definitely go back to Amazon's DD in the future.

Now I wait for the Missing Link DLC to drop in price.

Does the amazon download version works like a retail version?

Let me explain, the content in the Amazon download it's the same way as the retail version? I'm asking this because of back up purposes.

How do i activate on Steam?

Tenck

Let me explain, the content in the Amazon download it's the same way as the retail version? I'm asking this because of back up purposes.

It should, unless you get the tactical pack, which is a bit extra but not a lot.

And to activate on steam you go to 'your digital items' on the top right, then 'your game and software library."

DEHR.jpg

Edit:
PC version? No trophy no buy.

The stupidest reason not to buy the game. And game is Steamworks, so it has your precious and worthless achievements.

wwm0nkey

Go to your account, find digital game downloads, copy key, paste into Redeem Key in Steam.

Sweet, god bless you with the lottery numbers Tenck and wwm0nkey. Then that he blesses me for blessing you to be blessed and bless me with the lottery numbers, so we all be blessed millionaires.

Just Cause its 2.50 again.

Before asking anyone to buy this to me (I can only pay with Paypal :( ), every time you buy DE:HR you get the 5$ extra credit? Can you get a game that costs 5$ for free then? Because if that's the case, I'd like to get both DE and ME2 (if the latter is Steam redeemable).

EDIT: Ok, I see it doesn't work. But I could get M&M: Clash of Heroes for 1$ then... So I'd have to give 11$ to someone. Oh well, I have to leave now, if the deal is still up in an hour maybe I'll try to get it.

Top Bottom