• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided E3 2015 Trailer

Arcipello

watching the gameplay video and seeing the rendering has little to no AA and what seems to be an overused sharpen post effect that is causing a lot of harsh edges.

GKFinns

Could someone PLEASE make a gif of that amazing taser gauntlet thing from the press conference trailer? The one that homed in and took down three guys?

My favorite part.

They really need to move some stuff to summer because early 2016 sounding like a mess right now

Love how witcher 3 and batman release this summer. hoping somebody takes note of that

SJRB

Gold Member
They really need to move some stuff to summer because early 2016 sounding like a mess right now

Love how witcher 3 and batman release this summer. hoping somebody takes note of that

Half of the "early 2016" games will get delayed, no doubt.

First impression is that the trailer is a bit more action blockbuster, less philosophical drama, than Human Revolution. The first Mankind Divided trailer was much closer to the latter but didn't quite have the same weight, but this second one has almost no weight or emotion to it. Felt rather detached. That said, it was directed as a 'gameplay trailer.' Not gameplay footage per se, but a trailer meant basically just to show the type of gameplay action in the game, so I guess any sort of criticism about its drama is a bit unfounded since I suppose that's not what it was trying to do. That said, the action looks good.

Even more so, the environments looks genuinely incredible, as expected. Rooms and other interior spaces such as offices in particular. Human Revolution had some amazing interior design... I still idle for hours sometimes in Jensen's apartment, Windmill's apartment, Sarif's office, the Belltower XNG shipping offices, Tai Yong Medical's Pangu overlooking the lower city... the food bar outside the Hive or Tong's office inside the Hive.

Just idle there, looking at the clutter of desks or lights adoring walls, or looking outside the window over the night cityscape. Too bad the game doesn't have an auto-idle 'look around' mode a la Grand Theft Auto... the game would make an awesome screensaver.

One thing about the filter... it'd be cool if they went with 2 main filters this time for the anti-aug/Illuminati and pro-aug/corporations... So, imagine Human Revolution is mostly pro-aug and about corps, so it's all gold filter. In contrast, the original Deus Ex and its iconic box art is a more blue filter. Then, Mankind Divided (and any other games in between) continue to use a balance of blue filters and added sharpness for the sterilized anti-aug districts, representing the clean control of the Illuminati... and, then, gold filters for the aug slums and the augmentation corporations.

Red Hood

Banned
Fucking hyped for this! Visually looks great but I hope to see more of its level design and more varied/outside environments.

By the way, is it me or does the cloaking seem a little, I don't know, overpowered? Maybe that's not the best word to describe it, but energy seemed to drain so slowly when cloaked... It would take a lot of challenge out of the stealth.

Johndoey

Banned
Fucking hyped for this! Visually looks great but I hope to see more of its level design and more varied/outside environments.

By the way, is it me or does the cloaking seem a little, I don't know, overpowered? Maybe that's not the best word to describe it, but energy seemed to drain so slowly when cloaked... It would take a lot of challenge out of the stealth.
I figure it's for the demo, that cloak is probably gonna last all of 5 seconds in the final game.

jelmerjt

More footage coming later today by the way :D

5uNkdjE.jpg

Top Bottom