• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Sounds like the Thi4f Bank Heist DLC. Which I hear was actually pretty good compared to the game. I've always loved the bank heist mission in Metal Age.

Akai__

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE_BqEU26_I

EDIT: Oh, looks like it's just came out, I didn't even check the date of this video (which, incidentally, is not the official Deus Ex Channel's video.). There's also a different trailer viewable in-game when you hover over System Rift in the Jensen stories menu.

Pritchard
looks very weird. Like super weird. Don't like it.

DLC looks okay, but I'll still wait until all of the DLC releases probably.

aett

The Palisade stuff reminds me:
During the story mission where you break into the lowest part of the bank and get into the moveable storage unit, as you escape through the huge elevator, you can pull out a unit for Picus. It requires a Picus keycard to open the unit, though, and I didn't have one - nor did I ever find one during the game. As far as I can tell, I only missed one sidequest (the murder mystery - I followed the inspection notification, but when I got there, nothing happened and none of the NPCs or objects seemed to trigger any kind of scene) so I wonder if there's a way to ever open Picus' secure vault.

During the story mission where you break into the lowest part of the bank and get into the moveable storage unit, as you escape through the huge elevator, you can pull out a unit for Picus. It requires a Picus keycard to open the unit, though, and I didn't have one - nor did I ever find one during the game. As far as I can tell, I only missed one sidequest (the murder mystery - I followed the inspection notification, but when I got there, nothing happened and none of the NPCs or objects seemed to trigger any kind of scene) so I wonder if there's a way to ever open Picus' secure vault.

Yes, there is a card...

KorrZ

You can get into all of the vaults. There is the VersaLife story mission one, Picus, Tarvos Security and Tai Young Medical. You can find the key cards in the world.

aett

That's crazy, I thought I was thorough. On the other hand, I pretty much played the game for an hour a night over the course of nearly a month, so it's easy to forget exactly what I've checked. Thanks.

4jjiyoon

pritchard looks and sounds really really weird. according to the deus ex wiki it's the same voice actor.

Looks really sweet. Dat shoehorn of Breach into the DLC though (last seconds of the trailer) ... I am sorry Eidos-Montreal, but Breach will never take off.

i dunno about shoehorn. the female hacker who seems important in this dlc is the main character in breach so it seems like they link together quite nicely.

Cess007

You can get into all of the vaults. There is the VersaLife story mission one, Picus, Tarvos Security and Tai Young Medical. You can find the key cards in the world.

That's crazy, I thought I was thorough. On the other hand, I pretty much played the game for an hour a night over the course of nearly a month, so it's easy to forget exactly what I've checked. Thanks.

I could only find the
Tai Young Medical card (tho i can't remember where), but never found the others 2
. Were they are?

It has Pritchard, so I sure hope it's good. But it's very unlikely to be anything more than a new story and location.

He sounds the same to me, but I don't like that they took away his bangs and slicked his hair back. Makes him look weird.

RAIDEN1

Must say having only recently purchased the game, I am enjoying it a lot so far....very immersive, and atmospheric, only the 2nd game on the PS4 which has managed to "draw" me in..(the other being uncharted 4..)

Went to my "Ready to Install" list on Xbox only to find that literally all of the Season Pass/Pre-order incentives never actually downloaded.
Guess that explains where my fancy coats were.

Vic_Viper

Just watched the trailer for System Rift. Looks so good. Wish it was part of the full game, I don't like having to start over with a limited number of praxis points.

The Paliside Blade is a new location though right? I thought at first it was just the bank again but it's actually a whole new building by the looks of it which is a huge plus.

Andthe MGS references are awesome. Nuclear Snake!! lol. Can't wait. Is it available to download yet on PS4? I'm ok work atm so I can't check till I get home. I know it's not active till tomorrow but a pre load would be nice.

The Paliside Blade is a new location though right? I thought at first it was just the bank again but it's actually a whole new building by the looks of it which is a huge plus.

Andthe MGS references are awesome. Nuclear Snake!! lol. Can't wait. Is it available to download yet on PS4? I'm ok work atm so I can't check till I get home. I know it's not active till tomorrow but a pre load would be nice.

It's a new location, but in Prague if you look out at the water you can see it in the distance.

And I think that was Pritchard's username in DXHR?

Note that the "Nuclear Snake screenplay" is something you can actually find:
it's in the Picus reporter's apartment.

http://i.imgur.com/iOORN9P.jpg

It's also something you can find a reference to on his computer in HR, where he kept pitching a series to Picus, who turned it down because they thought that the hacker main character (who was clearly Pritchard) seemed like a coward, and suggested that he write a script involving a stoic ex-cop.

illusionary

Right, I've completed the main game twice now (the second time on I Never Asked For This), but I think I'm going to have to call it a day on Breach mode - I've got myself up to tier 3 but this is just getting too frustrating. The main game has been fantastic, but that platinum trophy doesn't mean enough to me to continue to push myself through this. It's a shame really, as Breach has the potential to be a great addition to the game, but instead it's more focused on pushing players towards the micro-transaction purchases.

Time now for Desparate Measures then I'll move on. If the DLC gets a decent discount at some point, I may pick that up some time down the line.

Makeda

I could only find the
Tai Young Medical card (tho i can't remember where), but never found the others 2
. Were they are?

The keys you're missing can be found here -
I'm checking the Asian PSN like a madman but it seems like System Rift won't be up today (as they've already released other DLC for today) :(

Also a quick PSA for anyone trying to get the pacifist trophy
I hacked turret's and also security robots to kill a few guards and I still managed to get the trophy

CSJ

Lets see how far System Rift will forget the main story and again, take place during the main story with a reset aug tree.

To quote myself, I've just read that System Rift basically doesn't continue from your main character. Items and Augment upgrades all reset.
Are they incapable of creating a system to continue a character? Two games now and they still can't get it right. I knew the moment the game didn't make a final save after the ending that something was suspect.

Welp, looks like it's time to crack out cheat engine and give myself the character I spent an ungodly amount of time on :p

To quote myself, I've just read that System Rift basically doesn't continue from your main character. Items and Augment upgrades all reset.
Are they incapable of creating a system to continue a character? Two games now and they still can't get it right. I knew the moment the game didn't make a final save after the ending that something was suspect.

Welp, looks like it's time to crack out cheat engine and give myself the character I spent an ungodly amount of time on :p

There is a final save after the ending, otherwise you wouldn't be able to start New Game+ ;)

fritzo

Is the DLC not out in EU PSN yet?I cant see it anywhere

https://twitter.com/DeusEx/status/779307567029813248

CtCn4knW8AAdBAI.jpg:small

jmizzal

My preorder DLC is not showing up in Jensen's Stories, anybody know why?

I added the code through xbox store and it went through

Tacitus_

I caved and bought it. Pretty good so far. It's like the bank mission in the main game but bigger.

Pro tip: get your
turret domination
upgrade.

Gator86

Wow, I totally forgot the DLC was out now. Since it's just another mission that takes place during the game, I'll wait and see if there's a GOTY version or some directors edition patch that integrates them before doing another play through.

jmizzal

posting again for the new page

KingKong

so wait, the season pass is 30 bucks and the first of two story DLCs is 12

so if you bought the season pass, you'd be paying 6 bucks for credits and weapon parts and all that other crap

I played the Desperate Measures mission. Took about an hour and didn't explore very thoroughly. I'm thinking that an entire subplot with Ivan Berk was planned but ended up being cut, and this section managed to be complete enough for them to drop it into the game as a "bonus." Especially given what the first trailer showed where Adam was trying to prevent the attack rather than being caught in it out of nowhere like in the final game, the plot probably went through plenty of rearranging. As is normal for video games, but there are still so many hints left in the game that they planned more, and the main story we got is pretty bare-bones.

posting again for the new page

Did it download anything? I only have it on PC, where Steam shows what's installed.

I loved Mankind Divided, and I've already played through twice, but for some reason I have almost no desire to play the new DLC. I would love a Blood and Wine type expansion though.

Top Bottom