• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Just beat it tonight. Got the pacifist trophy. I actually basically tried to avoid all usage of the cloaking aug for the entirety of the game, the only time I used it was at the end
for sneaking through martial law prague, and when you have to rush to Brown to stop him from drinking the poison
. IMO they needed an enemy type or something to make it easier to be seen through the cloaking aug, otherwise you can just pop biocells and walk through everything.

Tesla ARC aug makes taking out swaths of guards pretty damn easy and less painstaking since you can target multiple enemies at once.

Really good game, but that cliffhanger ending has me itching for the sequel. Hope it comes out quick. Love the plot, style, and gameplay choices provided in these games.

mileS

Just started playing this tonight on PS4 pro. I only have a 1080p monitor but I'm very happy with how clean the image is. Super sampling goes a long way!

Taking me a while to get used to the controls after playing 3rd person open world games for the longest time recently. I have been switching between breach and standard for a bit recently.

This game has also been testing my will reloading saves. I'm reminded about how much the last game ruined me. Going through all the trouble not to kill everything, only to find out at the end I did in the tutorial... A problem I know many had delt with. Anyways, playing this type of way really slows me down and it's hurting the flow of the game. This time around I don't give a fuck about trophies. If I get em, great, but I'm not going to pigeonhole my playstyle so strictly this time.

Any tips starting off? Plan to go mostly stealth and I'm leaning towards leveling hacking first.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Just started playing this tonight on PS4 pro. I only have a 1080p monitor but I'm very happy with how clean the image is. Super sampling goes a long way!

Taking me a while to get used to the controls after playing 3rd person open world games for the longest time recently. I have been switching between breach and standard for a bit recently.

This game has also been testing my will reloading saves. I'm reminded about how much the last game ruined me. Going through all the trouble not to kill everything, only to find out at the end I did in the tutorial... A problem I know many had delt with. Anyways, playing this type of way really slows me down and it's hurting the flow of the game. This time around I don't give a fuck about trophies. If I get em, great, but I'm not going to pigeonhole my playstyle so strictly this time.

Any tips starting off? Plan to go mostly stealth and I'm leaning towards leveling hacking first.

Don't go to the bank until the story has you do it. It's super easy to In this game to go places well ahead of time and completely ruin the experience when you have to go back for the story.

NDZnaLw.jpg
Oh, nice... looking forward to hearing the official mix.

I've been listening to the direct feed score rip for weeks....

It's actually a bit surprising because I think I underappreciated the score a little bit while playing the game twice... I mean, TF29, Prague red light district, and of course the Main Menu music (in typical DX fashion) were notable, but a lot of the soundtrack faded [in a good way] into the background.

But now that I've been listening to the direct feeds on Youtube (there's a good 1 hour and 3 hour edit) for a solid 4-5 weeks while working...

DXMD really does have a darn good soundtrack. I'm not sure I like it quite as much as DXHR but still, darn good office ambience. And awesome at night in the home office, too.

Especially love the TF29 and Main Menu tracks.

Smellycat

Hey guys quick question. Should I knock out Tomas Romanek to retrieve his keycard? If I do that, will I not be able to meet him later on for other missions? I read somewhere that you end up talking to him for a mission.

Edit: Actually the card he holds is the same one that I already have. nvm

Ricker

I read this here a few times about the last section and Boss in this game but seriously I dont get it...am I really suppose to be able to stealthly stun 11 guards to find a key...? and whats with the abrupt cutscene and all...just fucking awful.I hate when they do this,the whole game was just awesome,you play for hours and all and you get this confusing,awful checkpoint section that looks straight out of another game,seriously looks completly glitched to me...jesus christ.

My friend stopped playing there and never went back and now I understand why lol...

BlondeTuna

Picked this up on Black Friday, currently at
Prague night
. Enjoying it thus far. One of the things that really struck me was how detailed some of the areas are, in the amount of clutter that is spread around. I'm playing without item highlights, so I'm having to thoroughly check areas for items.

Compared to Human Revolution, Invisible War, and the original, the game's story seems to not rely so much on
globe trotting
. Everything seems to be built around
Prague
, albeit few exceptions. Not sure how I feel about that.

Just as in Human Revolution, a few Augs are useful all the time while the others seem to be only useful on a few occasions. While the combat feels improved, I feel the game is best played with an approach where lethality is used as a last resort.

Does anyone know how sales numbers looked for this? I'm glad the IP is with a capable studio and want them to continue with more titles.

Fjordson

Picked this up on Black Friday for $20 and man am I enjoying the hell out of it. I just went through Golem City for the first time and am now cleaning up side quests back in Prague and it's great. I wasn't feeling it at first since the main story isn't super interesting so far and I wasn't liking Prague as the main hub, but its now perpetual night in the city and these side quests are fucking dope.

Also having a lot more fun with the stealth now that I have the remote hacking ability. Feels so satisfying slipping in and out of places without any bullets.

I read this here a few times about the last section and Boss in this game but seriously I dont get it...am I really suppose to be able to stealthly stun 11 guards to find a key...? and whats with the abrupt cutscene and all...just fucking awful.I hate when they do this,the whole game was just awesome,you play for hours and all and you get this confusing,awful checkpoint section that looks straight out of another game,seriously looks completly glitched to me...jesus christ.

My friend stopped playing there and never went back and now I understand why lol...

1. Stealth is a choice, you can get caught and deal with the consequences.

2. It's not that hard to stealthily knock out all the guards and search their bodies.

3. You really only need to knock out one guard, the one with the key.

4. It's Deus Ex, there is more than one way to get the key. Pay attention.

I actually find the last level one of the best parts of the game.

All signs point that it bomb pretty hard to the point that I'm not sure what future holds to the franchise. :(

Square Enix has already invested so much in the franchise I really doubt that we won't at least get 1 more sequel. Especially considering that if the rumors are true, the next one has been in development for some time (and was likely largely cut from Mankind Divided).

Just gotta hope Square Enix doesn't implement even more bullshit DLC and one time use items in the next one...

It's been 4 months.

Everyone in the industry knows you can't wait longer than this to release dlc, especially those who bought the season pass.

So where is it?

Did it bomb si hard they canceled it?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Guys I have a question/wonderment.

I got this game pre owned, going by the OP seems like I'm missing quite a few things by not getting it sealed. Also going by other things, apparently this game seems to sell praxis points willy nilly.

Will I be missing anything out, or will the game be too challenging without those items ? Has anyone else had the same experience as me and felt they got the incomplete package ?

I love this game but man... Breach mode is the dumbest shit ever. Nothing but a contrived vehicle to shoehorn microtransactions into a game that didn't need them. It's not even remotely fun.

ricki42

I got this game pre owned, going by the OP seems like I'm missing quite a few things by not getting it sealed. Also going by other things, apparently this game seems to sell praxis points willy nilly.

Will I be missing anything out, or will the game be too challenging without those items ? Has anyone else had the same experience as me and felt they got the incomplete package ?

I got it new and I didn't even use any of the extra stuff. If you do some sidequests and explore a bit, you'll get plenty of XP. There's also enough loot lying around to get credits.

Fjordson

I'm only halfway through the game, but none of that stuff seems like big deal, you'll find weapons and equipment just by playing.

I got the day one edition, but as someone who's playing using all stealth, I haven't even used any of that bonus stuff.

All signs point that it bomb pretty hard to the point that I'm not sure what future holds to the franchise. :(
Really? That's a damn shame.

adamsapple

Thanks guys. I guess it's a bit too late to worry about it now and I can always pay more on PSN to get those extra things :p

But if it's anything like Human Revolution's Directors Cut, stealth-ing through should be a cake walk.

Prothero

Neo Member
I need a piece of advice about the
Samizdat
mission and
Palisade Bank

I went into the Account Manager's office (I think) and used Messenger to try to send in a tech to turn off the security on one of the floors. I didn't have the code to get the tech to turn off the security and now Messenger no longer appears in his computer. If I find the code, will Messenger come back? If not, is there another way for me to turn off the security?

Much thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. :)

Ricker

1. Stealth is a choice, you can get caught and deal with the consequences.

2. It's not that hard to stealthily knock out all the guards and search their bodies.

3. You really only need to knock out one guard, the one with the key.

4. It's Deus Ex, there is more than one way to get the key. Pay attention.

I actually find the last level one of the best parts of the game.

2. does not work for me,when I got out of the elevator,I got the first guy,he didnt have the key of course and even walking in a non red area triggered the cut scene with spoiler and all hell broke loose.

3. yes but which one is it...? there is 11 of them and only one was an easy stealth kill,again after the first,cut scene and panic.

4. Not when panic breaks out for no reason.

Anyway I made it to the Boss and it's a pain in the ass fight,just like the Bosses in HR...I keep trying each day,came close a few times but the constant biocell draining,health going down fast,turrets,drones etc etc makes it very frustrating...there was no Boss all game and now this awful fight.

And to top it off,everytime I start the save,all my augs are not assigned,I have to redo them

2. does not work for me,when I got out of the elevator,I got the first guy,he didnt have the key of course and even walking in a non red area triggered the cut scene with spoiler and all hell broke loose.

3. yes but which one is it...? there is 11 of them and only one was an easy stealth kill,again adter the first,cut scene and panic.

4. Not when panic breaks out for no reason.

Anyway I made it to the Boss and it's a pain in the ass fight,just like the Bosses in HR...I keep trying each day,came close a few times but the constant biocell draining,health going down fast,turrets,drones etc etc makes it very frustrating...there was no Boss all game and now this awful fight.

And to top it off,everytime I start the save,all my augs are not assigned,I have to redo them

1. You need to hide the bodies you knock out.

2. IRRC the guard with the key is the one all the way in the back on the second floor.

3. If you sneak past all the guards and go through the door at the back of the convention floor there is a vent that will lead you to a security room where a guard left his key on the desk, there is a pocket secretary talking about this.

4. The boss fight is piss easy, turn on stealth, hit him with an EMP round, do a takedown. Mission Complete.

Ricker

1. You need to hide the bodies you knock out.

2. IRRC the guard with the key is the one all the way in the back on the second floor.

3. If you sneak past all the guards and go through the door at the back of the convention floor there is a vent that will lead you to a security room where a guard left his key on the desk, there is a pocket secretary talking about this.

4. The boss fight is piss easy, turn on stealth, hit him with an EMP round, do a takedown. Mission Complete.

I tried that but he brushes me off for some reason...and I did drag th first guard in a corner and the camera could not see him but as soon as I went down the stairs,the cut scene triggered and panic after...thanks for the tips though,I saw another tip that suggest combining a mine with emp or something for an easy kill as well.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Can somebody please explain how in the goddamn fuck you are supposed to be able to use ability points in Breach?

It says I have 270 of them but there is no option in the weapon upgrade menu.

Oh and fuck these goddamn breach mode trophies.

Seriously fuck you Square Enix

I tried that but he brushes me off for some reason...and I did drag th first guard in a corner and the camera could not see him but as soon as I went down the stairs,the cut scene triggered and panic after...thanks for the tips though,I saw another tip that suggest combining a mine with emp or something for an easy kill as well.

The whole convention floor guard part is like a puzzle, you need to be patient and notice when the guards are by themselves and away from the public view. Afterwards you just pick them off one by one. The only "tough" one for me is the guy that stands near the bathroom, you gotta be patient and knock him out just right so nobody sees and then drag him into the bathroom to hide him in a stall hoping nobody sees you. Everyone else mostly hangs out away from the public guests and can be picked off and hidden pretty easily.

As for the boss, if you want to do the EMP trick then I think you gotta hit him with a couple rounds, maybe 3 or 4 and then do a takedown.

Square Enix has already invested so much in the franchise I really doubt that we won't at least get 1 more sequel. Especially considering that if the rumors are true, the next one has been in development for some time (and was likely largely cut from Mankind Divided).

Just gotta hope Square Enix doesn't implement even more bullshit DLC and one time use items in the next one...

I hope they find what cause to people lose the interest in the franchise.

It's been 4 months.

Everyone in the industry knows you can't wait longer than this to release dlc, especially those who bought the season pass.

So where is it?

Did it bomb si hard they canceled it?

Calm down, is pretty common to take 6 months to 1 year to single player games release all their DLCs.

Plus, they said at release that the second DLC is scheduled to beginning of 2017

How is the PS4 framerate on this? It's 19.99 but wanna make sure it's a good version.

This video has information about frame rate of the base PS4 and Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kSt2hKMyvQ&t

adamsapple

How is the PS4 framerate on this? It's 19.99 but wanna make sure it's a good version.

PS4 OG is the better console version of the two unless you have a Pro, in which case Pro runs the game the best of all the consoles. Highest resolution and most consistent frame rate. OG performs well but is prone to drops in the hub areas and has some minor screen tearing.

edit: I started the game last night, up to the point where I've first seen the 'experimental augs'. What control scheme do you guys use ? I'm leaning towards the Human Revolution control scheme, as my playstyle for that game also involved sneaking and punching fools. Stun guns (and other weapons) are a last resort, seems like that scheme is best suited for my playstyle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a complete collectables guide floating around somewhere? The best I've found is LunarGaming's videos, but he missed a few things here and there, and never got around to making a video that fills in the blanks.

Edit: It seems the game only keeps particular track of eBooks, Breach software and Squeenix Triangles, so I suppose the e-mails and pocket secretaries, which are just added to their respective sections with no indication as to how many there are, don't really matter.

Hystzen

Is the sound mixing still fucked on this game it only game I play where the cutscenes have stupidly loud music and dialogue can't hear have they managed to patch it or have they not bothered

chrixter

Having replayed the game multiple times now, the ratio of "filler" to substance on the critical path has become apparent to me, and it's kinda disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I loved exploring all the side content - my first playthrough lasted 50+ hours. But on subsequent playthroughs when I'm mostly beelining through the main missions, I've noticed how much running back and forth there is to simply trigger conversations, how much dialogue and how many cutscenes there are to skip (I wouldn't mind this if the role-playing were more fleshed out and consequential), and how short or uninteresting most of the levels feel (Golem City/ARC hideout, Palisade Bank, and the convention center being the exceptions).

I don't feel this way at all when replaying Human Revolution. It might have more or less the same amount of "filler" (I don't like using that word), but the meat of the game feels more substantive. I think that's largely because its locations are more interesting and memorable to me, even if MD has superior level design in terms of nuts and bolts. My first playthrough of MD was immensely enjoyable, but I think HR is more fun to replay.

adamsapple

Started playing this, up till mission 7 so far. But have spent a good 8+ hours already, mostly hacking, looting/selling stuff and doing side quests. Here's my first impressions (PS4 Pro with the latest performance patch here).

- IQ looks great, but general art and incidental character models .. not so. The image quality and lighting is good but otherwise the game isn't exactly a looker.

- Spec-ing towards hacking and stealth is extremely fun, hacking and stealth-ing my way through the game so far. Haven't fired a single non-stun-gun bullet but keeping a shotgun and upgrading it routinely in case .. I like to keep it for close encounters.

- I read a lot about game having terrible load times but the Pro seems to load the game at a relatively snappy pace (maybe I'm used to The Witcher 3's load times). Comparing to the Giant Bomb quick look where they played the XB1 version, my game seems to load WAY faster than that.

- Most of my Praxis are going to the passive upgrades, the only active one I've got so far is a fully maxed out invisibility .. which feels like cheating at times honestly .. cause you can just stroll through laser grids etc.

- I absolutely love that you can go through the entire (or half of) Prague without any extra loads, going in and out of buildings, that massive bank, your HQ etc. Sure, the side effect is the hitching whenever the game's streaming data .. but it's better than the Human Revolution style load times. Also, frame rate, aside from those streaming hitches, has been absolutely rock solid so far. The earlier DF videos where they kept focusing on a frame drop in the Dubai elevator never happened to me. Thanks SE for patching it.

- Speaking of, the Human Revolution control scheme seems to suit stealth best, or at least that's what I'm getting the most use out of. I tried with the default scheme but sprint at triangle is extremely bizarre.

Anyway .. so far I'm very happy with the game so far, some of the side missions have been far more entertaining than the main quest so far.

Yeah got to get back to this now that I've bailed on DR4

And think IT IS absolutely a stunner on PS4PRO tho thanks to exquisite art direction. Only shortfall is the NPCs and their pantemiming, lol

adamsapple

Here's some direct captures off of my PS4 Pro. Images downscaled to 1080p.

Game looks good, but everything has some kind of a sharpening filter applied to it which doesn't look appealing at all sometimes.

Ricker

Finally finished the game...probably got the worst ending possible,that whole last section was just very confusing to me so maybe thats why lol...anyway,really liked it,besides the last part...waiting on a season pass discount before purchasing but I am interested in trying them.The Rift DLC is 16 bucks CAD if you buy it separate from the SP...from the lenght I read,I can wait.

Vic_Viper

Haven't been following the news for this game for awhile.

Any word on when the 2nd DLC is coming out? A Criminal Past I think it's being called?

Sacha

Are the pre-order items (Elite Pistol etc.) still limited to one playthrough/save?

Can you revert to an old save to get them back?

Weapons are not limited, only consumables are (ammo, credits, Praxis kits, crafting parts).

Haven't been following the news for this game for awhile.

Any word on when the 2nd DLC is coming out? A Criminal Past I think it's being called?

It's coming early next year!

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Finished the game last night and felt that the ending was boring and abrupt.

Is the DLC worth it?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Finished the game last night and felt that the ending was boring and abrupt.

Is the DLC worth it?

From the amount of plot strands left hanging and the fact that it would require half a game to finish them all, I'd guess no, it's not worth it.

I've got a question for anyone who's managed to unlock Foxiest Of The Hounds:

HOW?

I've run through the game twice without raising any alarms.

Does NG+ void the trophy?

Is there a list of easily fuckable areas?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
From the amount of plot strands left hanging and the fact that it would require half a game to finish them all, I'd guess no, it's not worth it.

I've got a question for anyone who's managed to unlock Foxiest Of The Hounds:

HOW?

I've run through the game twice without raising any alarms.

Does NG+ void the trophy?

Is there a list of easily fuckable areas?
I think you can do it in NG+. I don't remember if I did it that way but I might have. I did a slow Foxiest run and it somehow didn't ding (and I still don't know why), so I tried again later, pretty much rushed through the game (cleared in about 4 hours), and got it. I think I skipped all sidequests (because why risk getting detected?) and tried to take the short routes with minimal encounters through everything. Cloaked my way through almost all areas where there were people. I'm pretty sure I did that one in NG+ because I remember popping a lot of biocells.

At the end I
used Marchenko's killswitch
so that I wouldn't risk triggering an alarm in that fight.

I remember some areas being easily fuckable but I don't remember exactly which ones. GARM facility is probably one of the big ones. At the start of GARM, make sure
you contact Vega and not Miller during the start of that mission because contacting Miller is an auto-alarm.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I think you can do it in NG+. I don't remember if I did it that way but I might have. I did a slow Foxiest run and it somehow didn't ding (and I still don't know why), so I tried again later, pretty much rushed through the game (cleared in about 4 hours), and got it. I think I skipped all sidequests (because why risk getting detected?) and tried to take the short routes with minimal encounters through everything. Cloaked my way through almost all areas where there were people. I'm pretty sure I did that one in NG+ because I remember popping a lot of biocells.

At the end I
used Marchenko's killswitch
so that I wouldn't risk triggering an alarm in that fight.

I remember some areas being easily fuckable but I don't remember exactly which ones. GARM facility is probably one of the big ones. At the start of GARM, make sure
you contact Vega and not Miller during the start of that mission because contacting Miller is an auto-alarm.

Yeah, I did that at GARM. Had to restart when that asshole called me. Lol

I'm gonna try again without touching any NPC's so that I don't trip any silent alarms while I'm not around.

What a finicky trophy. I had no trouble getting it in HR.

ghostwich

Yeah, I did that at GARM. Had to restart when that asshole called me. Lol

I'm gonna try again without touching any NPC's so that I don't trip any silent alarms while I'm not around.

What a finicky trophy. I had no trouble getting it in HR.
A huge peeve of mine is that some kind of menu or accessible area that displayed stats would have been such a quality of life improvement. But just like the last one here we are doing these two achievements basically blind.

d00d3n

Wow, the current Steam price for Mankind Divided is a steal. 16.49 Euro is ridiculous at this point in time. I had to buy a copy for the christmas gift pool.

Loved this game. It's not a perfect game, but I'm having enough fun to start New Game + which is something I haven't done in many many years. I also enjoyed the first story DLC, System Rift. The location is really cool and there's a good amount of stuff to do. I do wish there was a more meaty story and more locations to go to. I will happily play more story DLC.

I wish the game reported hours played though. It's so dumb that PS4 doesn't record that stuff.

That Steam sale price is ridiculous.

Intel_89

I just got this game for Christmas and despite owning Human Revolution on Wii U I never got around to play it. Is it essential to play Human Revolution first or will I be fine jumping right into MD? Thanks.

Top Bottom