• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
My steam doesn't launch anymore, it opens and says quickly says updating steam/verifying installation, goes to connecting to account then it disappears completely. Nothing in task manager it just disappears..

There is no more clientregistry.blob to delete either so I can't fix it that way. Tried restarting computer but didn't help either. Can't find anything on steam discussions so it seems to just be me. I am in the beta but reading nothing about other people having it in the beta discussion.

Anybody know what to do? I can try deleting everything besides steam.exe and steamapps but I'd rather not.

It's a Steam Beta issue. The latest update fucked it up. I had to uninstall and redownload Steam but not to opt at the Beta program. Now it works.

My steam doesn't launch anymore, it opens and says quickly says updating steam/verifying installation, goes to connecting to account then it disappears completely. Nothing in task manager it just disappears..

There is no more clientregistry.blob to delete either so I can't fix it that way. Tried restarting computer but didn't help either. Can't find anything on steam discussions so it seems to just be me. I am in the beta but reading nothing about other people having it in the beta discussion.

Anybody know what to do? I can try deleting everything besides steam.exe and steamapps but I'd rather not.

Disconnect your computer from the network, launch steam, it will ask to go into offline mode, opt out of the steam beta, exit, and then reconnect your computer to the network and relaunch steam. That should fix that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You don't lose anything if you leave the steamapps and userdata folders alone (well, you'll want to keep your skins folder, too, if you use a custom one).

JustinBB7

Disconnect your computer from the network, launch steam, it will ask to go into offline mode, opt out of the steam beta, exit, and then reconnect your computer to the network and relaunch steam. That should fix that.

Doesn't work, when I click enter in offline it just exits again. It keeps asking me to login as well and give my code.

Edit: deleted everything besides Steam.exe steamapps and userdata and now I'm in.

JaseC

The 10k game collector badge sports a new design:

10000.png

It's missing the +, though, which makes me wonder if this is going to be the last one until 20k.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The 10k game collector badge sports a new design:

10000.png

It's missing the +, though, which makes me wonder if this is going to be last one until 20k.

From the looks of it, those meters will go up every additional 1,000 games (since there's 10 meters) and it'll be 'fully charged' once at 20,000.

yuraya

When did steam cross the 10k mark? The platform is growing so freaking fast.

There must be so many great hidden gems. I need to go through some more discovery queues some time. Haven't been doing it much this year.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

TimeShift -- MB-3FBCCF015C5F3911 - Taken by Sarcasm. 10 entrants total.

t1472653058z1.png

Doesn't work, when I click enter in offline it just exits again. It keeps asking me to login as well and give my code.

Edit: deleted everything besides Steam.exe steamapps and userdata and now I'm in.

If anyone else has this problem: It's enough to install it over the existing installation, you don't have to delete/uninstall anything.

MadGear

I wanted to give the MKX Beta a shot last week but somehow ended up playing quite a bit of KoF13 (not 14) instead (as I'm still on a break from SFV). One thing I really appreciate about the more recent fighting games is the lowered execution barrier. The execution in KoF13 is just brutal and I can't see myself getting back into games like that anymore. It was still fun to play again tho.

Either way, I would really love to play Tekken 7 right now, too bad its still months away. I would also like to finally play DoA5, even if its just the offline content, but ... its still at 40€ and only 50% off during sales? Wow. I guess I'll keep waiting for Tekken 7 then.

Ascheroth

All of you God Eater Resurrection players, make sure you take Kanon with you on missions.
I guarantee that she doesn't do friendly fire :)

JaseC

I will be a bit sad if we don't get updated Ezio games on PC. What do you think Jase?

The PC version of 2 definitely needs replacing. Brotherhood and Revelations are fine as-is, though, aside from the Flying Machine 2.0 bug in the former (it won't respond to input if your framerate is above 60fps).

Phawx

Wait, when did GOG connect become active again?

Curses and Blunders! This is what I get for not following the Steam thread.

Nzyme32

Wait, when did GOG connect become active again?

Curses and Blunders! This is what I get for not following the Steam thread.

GOG connect is always active, it just doesn't get new addition at a super regular rate right now. Regardless, they are still adding things

Phawx

GOG connect is always active, it just doesn't get new addition at a super regular rate right now. Regardless, they are still adding things

Right I meant active in a "more games got added" not that it was closed. Doesn't seem to be a list of previously added games so not sure what I missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB7aEQcM4oA

GPD Win with 8750 and fan, playing SFV. Not good framerate BUT temps seems to be good.

It's unfortunate the hwinfo tool he's using isn't properly reporting CPU temp. That would be pretty informative especially because he has the fan version.

Also slightly miffed that they haven't sent review units to the west yet. They had indicated I was to receive a review unit but they told me it was pushed back a bit when it went to the 8750+fan.

Nzyme32

Right I meant active in a "more games got added" not that it was closed. Doesn't seem to be a list of previously added games so not sure what I missed.

Oh actually I see your point, I keep missing this part

While GOG Connect will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

Accoun

Since Street Fighter was mentioned, I ust bought SF4 Ultra myself. Never was hugely into the series, but since it's gift card money, I might as well try it again. Also got Ground Zeroes and Ethan Carter with it, because why not.

Hektor

I actually wanted to buy AoT just now, but then i saw that The Warlock of Firetop Mountain just released.

Poor Kekmo can't catch a break

Karak

I've had my eye on LiveLock for awhile and your review is pretty much convincing me to hit the "buy" button. Have you played Alienation on PS4 by chance? If so, how do you think they compare?

I have. I wasn't in love with Alienation. I liked it but for some odd reason the magic of a twin stick just didn't get me with that title. It might be that I really dig the progression and overall presentation in this. They do have some differences of course in their gameplay paths. In all honesty once something is rated "Buy" for me I don't really itemize past that. So both games would appear within the genre for sure as a Buy. But would have to sit down and really hammer out why I thought one deserved a persons last couple bucks over the other.
Hope that makes sense

Uzzy

Well, finally finished Mankind Divided after having the subway glitch fixed. Great game, probably my favourite of the year.

A couple of missteps in places, but I don't understand the largely deflated scores for this over HR; way more 7s =/

I can sympathise with those who say it is too short though.
My steam timer shows 17 hours after finishing the main campaign and doing all of the side missions bar 4, and I didn't try to rush through them.

I clocked around 21 hours, but I did all the side missions I could find (though I didn't get the achievements for some)

Really great game, it delivered what I wanted and then some. The range of options for dealing with people and completing objectives was seriously pleasing. It's in the running for my GOTY, that's for sure.

That said, it did feel a little truncated in parts, with certain plot points not getting resolved. Hopefully they'll see some resolution in a couple of meaty DLC packs, but I'm not too expectant. Just as long as we don't have to wait another five years for the next adventures of Adam Jensen.

derExperte

Announcing the Supply Drop Update, Coming This Fall

We're pleased to announce Enter the Gungeon’s Supply Drop Update coming this fall, a shotgun blast of delicious Enter the Gungeon right into your content hole. Also, it's free.

The Enter the Gungeon’s Supply Drop Update will add over a hundred new rooms to the Gungeon that include new weapons, enemies, companions, bosses, and shrines for even the most seasoned Gungeoneer. Players will come across new guns like the Bullet Gun, a gun shaped like a bullet that shoots guns and those guns shoot bullets, and new companions like Ser Junkan who gains strength and power as you carry more and more literal junk with you through the Gungeon. Elite gunslingers will also be able to tackle unique pasts for both Robot and Bullet and an all-new boss – the Mine Flayer!

The new Supply Drop Update for Enter the Gungeon will be playable this weekend at PAX West Booth 2343.

Momentary

Banned
Finally finished. Yes I have her on the floor for right now. We are waiting for the upstairs flooring to be finished before I move it to my office.

Ran Doom at 1440p @ 144fps and the CPU and GPU stayed at 30C. I'm going g to try some over clocking today.

20160831_080242_zpsluibsgsm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom