• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC performance thread

i'm getting a decent amount of stutter / lag despite the game running between 40-60fps.

Is this down to a specific setting?

I'm running 4770k@4.3, 16gb ram, 750Ti SLI, 1440p G-Sync.

Cheers :)

Sanctuary

Good to see they still haven't fixed the download location issue. Was trying to install the game, and ended up with "missing content manifest", so I just changed it from Pittsburgh to Seattle. I know people have recommended Vietnam here and the Steam forum, but it seems like there could be multiple working locations that might be closer to you.

ehead

Super short summary? Any CHS setting, Very High Shadow Quality, Very High Ambient Occlusion, and Tessellation (which causes smearing issue on select NPC faces) aren't currently working as intended. Everything else works fine.

Oh, okay then. I was chugging along fine today then the game crashed. I don't know if its related to the location
(I'm currently inside ARC territory)
or its just the save file because it crashed during a quick load. Anyway, I think I'm done for the night. I'm quite enjoying the game and I'll be back tomorrow for sure.

Exclusive fullscreen in this game is fucked for me (probably another ultrawide bug). I can't click on anything in the UI in the bottom 30% of my screen. Switching to borderless window fixes that, but of course that runs worse in SLI.

So I may as well not even use SLI then....

Pagusas

Elden Member
anyone having a werid glitch where hacked computers/email screens seem to jump around in height? Its like the screen glitches out and starts stretching the yellow computer email screens vertically back and forth.

Edit: doing some testing this seems to be limited to Exclusive Fullscreen mode. Hmmm, sadly I'm rubbing a 770gtx so need every fps I can get, and turning off exclusive gives a few fps loss

jorimt

I am curious as to why it fixes the issue. I had identical problem as Zabojnik and this help. But why did I have to rename it?

It's a dll library compatibility/conflict issue in certain scenarios. All I know is that renaming sometimes works. I know why it works when you have two injectors present at the same time, not sure why it still happens with only one injector in some instances though.

Mostly very high, with motion blur, CA, and AA off.

which 750 Tis do you have? If they're less than 4GB of vram each, you'll probably want to lower the textures.

just fyi, SLI doesn't add the vram of the 2 cards.. so if you have 750 tis with 2GB of vram, you're probably hitting the limit and it's having to swap textures in and out of vram, which will cause stuttering.

jrcbandit

I am nearing the end of the game where I need to go back to my apartment before going to what I assume is the final location. However, the subway keeps crashing, has anyone posted a working workaround? I tried changing texture quality and that did nothing (was a solution I read elsewhere).

tuxfool

Banned
I am nearing the end of the game where I need to go back to my apartment before going to what I assume is the final location. However, the subway keeps crashing, has anyone posted a working workaround? I tried changing texture quality and that did nothing (was a solution I read elsewhere).

I was getting the bug, but I managed to work around it by going to
see Miller
before doing any of the new side missions.

I don't know. I only did the
second K
mission then the main mission and it crashed. I went back and did the main mission, travelled to jensens place and started all the secondary missions and it worked.

jrcbandit

Thanks for the suggestions, but I already did all the secondary missions and talked to everyone. I am being sent back to my apartment before beginning the final portion of the game. I've tried going to other train stations and they all work, it only crashes going back to my apartment train station. I just went there earlier for the final
harvester mission
side quest without any crashes.

geestack

Thanks for the suggestions, but I already did all the secondary missions and talked to everyone. I am being sent back to my apartment before beginning the final portion of the game. I've tried going to other train stations and they all work, it only crashes going back to my apartment train station. I just went there earlier for the final
harvester mission
side quest without any crashes.

same situation here, cleared all the side missions then proceeded with the main mission. crash as soon as i try to load up jensen's apartment in the subway. can't believe i'm stuck doing nothing

Currently running the game at a constant 60 FPS with a mixture of ultra and a couple high settings and TAA. Specs are as follows: I7 4790K 4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM 2400 Mhz, GTX 1080 MSI Armor edition, running at 1950 Mhz clock.

I've currently just finished the game and never ran into the infamous subway crashing, don't know what causes it but I didn't crash once through 35 hours of gameplay. Started the new game+ playthrough now and maybe a playhrough on I never asked for this difficulty.

which 750 Tis do you have? If they're less than 4GB of vram each, you'll probably want to lower the textures.

just fyi, SLI doesn't add the vram of the 2 cards.. so if you have 750 tis with 2GB of vram, you're probably hitting the limit and it's having to swap textures in and out of vram, which will cause stuttering.

Sorry it was a mistype, i meant to say 780Ti SLI (EVGA Classi, 3gb each).

I'm getting ok speed but yeah, that stutter, its much better in Golem Ciry than it was in Prague, so i guess it probably is the textures?

Is there a significant visible difference from Very High and the one below?

Sorry it was a mistype, i meant to say 780Ti SLI (EVGA Classi, 3gb each).

I'm getting ok speed but yeah, that stutter, its much better in Golem Ciry than it was in Prague, so i guess it probably is the textures?

Is there a significant visible difference from Very High and the one below?

3GB is kinda small these days. Try dropping down to "High" textures and see if your performance smooths out. "High" still looks good, imo. "Medium" is a bigger drop in quality than "Very High" to "High"

I've been getting this really weird "blurring" effect on NPC faces when I talk to them. The strange thing is it doesn't happen with Jensen, just the NPCs. Haven't been able to figure out what setting is causing it. Anybody else have this?

It seems to be caused by using Tessellation and TAA at the same time. Turning off TAA seems to help, as does turning off Tessellation. (Disabling one or the other)

Given that TAA improves the image quality more, I opted to disable Tessellation. Haven't had the problem since. Really weird glitch, but the PC version seems to have a lot of bugs revolving around the post-process stacking order.

Game is running a treat on my 2700k and 390x now. Running a mixture of high/very/ultra. 40-70 fps at 1440p. Which is fine for my freesync monitor, very smooth.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Game is running a treat on my 2700k and 390x now. Running a mixture of high/very/ultra. 40-70 fps at 1440p. Which is fine for my freesync monitor, very smooth.

Was about to ask how 40fps is considered "running a treat" then saw you mention freesync. I've not had a chance to use FS or GS in person so I'm wondering how much FPS it can make up for? As in, how low can you go while the game still feels smooth like it's running at 60fps locked?

NIN90

Was about to ask how 40fps is considered "running a treat" then saw you mention freesync. I've not had a chance to use FS or GS in person so I'm wondering how much FPS it can make up for? As in, how low can you go while the game still feels smooth like it's running at 60fps locked?

From my own experience with G-Sync, below 60 FPS still looks and feels like below 60. It really only removes tearing. Honestly expected more from the technology for how hyped up it gets around these parts.

Well it depends on the monitor. The range on mine is 35-90 whilst it's 144hz monitor the IPS panel means that is what ASUS considered to be best.

I find that keeping it above 40 is enough for it to feel smooth. It's more than playable.

From my own experience with G-Sync, below 60 FPS still looks and feels like below 60. It really only removes tearing. Honestly expected more from the technology for how hyped up it gets around these parts.

That is certainly not my experience. It's not perfect but it is certainly very close. I am sensitive to these things as well.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Oh that's disappointing, I've had people describe it like you can drop frames but it still feel like 60fps locked, well if that's not the case I definitely won't be buying into it.

Xyber

Oh that's disappointing, I've had people describe it like you can drop frames but it still feel like 60fps locked, well if that's not the case I definitely won't be buying into it.

It's more that you can have a varied framerate without tearing and no stutter because it isn't matching up with the refresh rate. And I think that's definitely worth it, but not at the premium prices you have to pay for g-sync at the moment.

Nothing can really help with increased the input-lag when you get to lower framerates.

NIN90

I dunno try it out somewhere if you have the chance. My personal opinion on this matter certainly goes against the grain.

You can't make below 60 fps feel like 60 fps.

The point of G-sync is to force your monitor to sync to each rendered frame, instead of trying to find a way to cram an uneven number of rendered frames into 60 refreshes every second. G-sync eliminates tearing and input lag, the two things which happen when framerate doesn't match refresh. Either you get tearing if you send frames to the display without waiting for refresh or you get input lag when a frame is forced to wait until next refresh to be displayed.

nOoblet16

I think G sync can be very closely described as how the game would feel if you had Vsync off in a normal monitor but without tearing. So you don't get the lag caused by triple buffering, nor do you get tearing...BUT the special part is that you also don't get the judder seen in fixed refresh rate monitors when you go the monitor's refresh rate, that judder is caused due to duplicating frames when the framerate doesn't match the refresh rate.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I mean, sure I only have 8GB of RAM but the game is only using like 6 and half. Why won't it stop stuttering.

And on which surfaces is tessellation applied to? Faces don't look very different with if on (save for the blur).

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
i3-2100
GTX 960 2GB
8GB RAM

Fullscreen: On
Exclusive Fullscreen: On
Resolution: 1680x1050 (native)
MSAA: Off
Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
VSync: Triple Buffering
Stereoscopic 3D: Off
Texture Quality: High
Texture Filtering: 4x Anisotropic
Shadow Quality: Medium
Ambient Occlusion: On
Contact Hardening Shadows: Off
Parallax Occlusion Mapping: On
Depth of Field: Off
Level of Detail: Medium
Volumetric Lighting: Off
Screenspace Reflections: On
Temporal Anti-Aliasing: On
Motion Blur: Off
Sharpen: On
Bloom: On
Cloth Physics: Off
Subsurface Scattering: Off
Chromatic Aberration: Off
Tessellation: Off

Indoor environments usually yield smooth, 60fps gameplay.

Outdoors in the city HUB can fluctuate between 35fps in more populated areas to, once again, 60fps. But average is about 45-50 depending. But it still feels generally smooth and so it hasn't been a big bother.

Honestly shocked to be getting this kind of performance on such an outdated system, but I'll take it!

Wounded

Might be a stupid question, I'm using a 12GB graphics card. Is there any reason not to use Ultra textures (since I'm sure I have enough RAM) or will I still get a performance boost if I drop down to very high?

Top Bottom