• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC performance thread

scitek

Here's the shot from his area downsampled from 4k. It is quite a bit softer though when I'm playing at 1080p.

29150964006_1de9a4d67b_o.png

Are you playing with Temporal AA on and sharpness off?

pahamrick

Game keeps crashing in the same exact spot, every single time and I can't figure out why. Already verified game cache, no dice.

It's after the opening prologue mission finishes
When you're talking to Alex in the train station, right after she hands you the whisper chip device. Just as the first explosion starts, instant crash.

Durante

I have a 1070 and 5820k. What settings should I be using? Any one that is causing frame problems in particular?
At 1080p? With a 60 FPS target?

Don't use MSAA, set everything else to ultra, then disable Chromatic Aberration and/or Sharpening and/or Motion Blur depending on taste (I have them all off) and reduce Volumetric Lighting to "on".

I'm getting hard seeing this *_*
You are not alone
Yeah that's pretty damn cool, but exactly why I had to settle with the regular setting on the GTX 1060 :p
It is very high quality with the fall off and sampling there. But yeah... regular is a bit less expensive :D
Neat! I haven't seen contact hardening SSR in any game before.
(Then again, I don't play most AAA games so it might just be me :p)
I have not played the latest mirrors edge or NFS game (for good reasons), but technically they could have contact hardening SSR.
then disable Chromatic Aberration and/or Sharpening and/or Motion Blur depending on taste (I have them all off)
Motion Blur
:(

dr_rus

You can take terrible screenshots of any game.

This is what it looks like for me at 2560x1440 with the settings I play at:

I think it's a good-looking game, great IQ too.

I look at your screenshot and I don't see anything which should run at less than 120 fps on a 1080 in 1440p there. It may look great in the same sense as UC4 is looking great but technically it isn't outputting anything to warrant that performance level in Ultra preset. With PCGH (and they actually benchmark gameplay runs, avoiding built-in benchmarks) reporting that 1060 is somehow slower than 970 this isn't so far fetched of a suggestion to say that the renderer is rather badly optimized, if only for NV's h/w.

Ultra SSR is really nice. It has contact hardening:
dxmd_2016_08_23_20_34w5s41.png

Could you point me to where you're actually seeing contact hardening for reflection there? All I see is just SSAO kicking in on contact.
Speaking of which the white outline SSAO artifact on the left wall is immensely distracting for me there. I wish they'd use HBAO+ or VXAO ;p

I've only played for a few minutes, but my GTX 970 is holding up really well on the first level (60-70+ FPS with the High preset).

My only complaint is the mouse movement, which is butchered by acceleration. The mouse sensitivity is also way, way too high by default. I had to lower it all the way down to 6% just for it to suit my tastes.

Why is it we're in 2016 and big developers still can't get mouse movement to feel right? I just find that incredible.

Anyone mind telling me the right settings for 1440p on a 980Ti for 60fps(gsync)? Or what are the settings that are the killers to avoid?

Flandy

Full screen window mode should always net less performance. It's like this in every game I have ever tried.

But such a huge gulf surely isn't normal?

There also seems to be some weird thing going on with the FoV? It seems to be slightly wider when in exclusive fullscreen for some reason?

Regginator

Yo fuck this compressing. It takes way too much time, it even says "5 hours remaining", that can't be right. Can't I just uninstall everything and then download the 50GB from scratch? With my internet it would take me around an hour or so, much less than the indicated 5 hours for compressing.

Nzyme32

So basically, all the talk of "shit port" is nonsense.

Some of these Ultra settings are cool as hell and overkill for the vast majority, but so good for future proofing or those with an absolute monster of a machine. So far very happy with this

jrcbandit

What's your vram usage? Have a friend with a 970. High textures might be the killer for you, with 3.5 GBs and all.

Yeah, if a game goes above 3.5 GB it destroys frame rates because the last 0.5 gb is super slow memory.

Also, the actual game does perform allot better than benchmark for most part. Benchmark is like worst case scenario.

munroe

Running reasonably well on my laptop, Medium preset seems to run fine on the 960m, I had the resolution on the highest possible, 3840x2160 and even on low preset everything went in slow motion.

Changed the resolution to 1920x something and it started to run really smoothly, upped it to Medium and still runs fine. Only played a small amount as it's going right through the battery and I didn't my charger from work (it's a work laptop best of the Dell XPS range)

Can't wait till I get my new computer parts and play this on my desktop

Game keeps crashing in the same exact spot, every single time and I can't figure out why. Already verified game cache, no dice.

It's after the opening prologue mission finishes
When you're talking to Alex in the train station, right after she hands you the whisper chip device. Just as the first explosion starts, instant crash.

Same. I can't even watch the fucking cutscene as it's a glorious slideshow.

Great.

Masaki_

Launcher stops responding as soon as I open it. Can't click anything, have to kill the process with task manager. Nobody else seems to be having that problem.

KainXVIII

Some of these Ultra settings are cool as hell and overkill for the vast majority, but so good for future proofing or those with an absolute monster of a machine. So far very happy with this

Nope, even on High its very taxing.

I'm not playing a 50 hour stutterfest with laggy mouse input even when it hits 60. Refund requested. Will wait for a post-DX12 patch steam sale *if* it supports multigpu in DX12 mode.

Sky87

MSAA is the real killer in this game. In a random area with most settings at ultra (using a 1070 and a 4700k stock) i get ~50 FPS with 2x MSAA and 70 without MSAA. Is there any comparisons out there comparing 0/2/4/8x MSAA? Seems to be too much of a performance hit currently to be worth it, seems to introduce input lag as well, but that may be the lower framerate when using 144hz.

Ozium

played at very high preset without changing anything on an r9 390 and was getting >60fps

gonna tweak in a bit, probably turn textures to ultra and turn off sharpening and maybe CA.. still haven't run the benchmark, just played a little

seems like a solid port, despite some talk otherwise

edit: also noticed that even on very high preset msaa was set to off by default, which is odd because I thought it was supposed to be 2x msaa by default for that setting

Nags

Banned

I'm just running on high settings and it's eating my 980ti alive. Can't even get 60 fps.

I have a PC version loaded and waiting for me when I get home, but I also have a PS4 copy that I paid off at Best Buy. After skimming through this thread, I've come to the conclusion that despite perhaps having to lower some settings, it'll still look, play, and most importantly - perform - better than it would on a PS4, correct?

i7 5770k
GTX 970
16GB RAM

Zomba13

I'm also getting the crash at that point when leaving the station after the prologue mission. Tried playing it full windowed mode like someone suggested but still crashing at the same moment every time.

I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers on a GTX780 if it matters. Settings around the high level with most of the big heavy features off.

Evo X

I'm jealous. My Titan XP can't even handle an extra +100 on the memory before it becomes unstable. Your core speed is also higher, mine tops out at ~1911Mhz. My previous Titans weren't great overlclockers, either. Talk about losing the silicon lottery every single time. :p

My chip could do way better if it wasn't for this inadequate cooling solution Nvidia used.

1950mhz is what the boost drops down to under sustained use because of high temps. In short bursts, it is stable at 2050mhz. Could do 2100 under water I think. Memory also runs fine at 11,200+ from my testing, but I scale back to have an extra safety net.

On topic, I've turned off CHS as I think they look ugly and blocky in this game. Also disabled sharpening and chromatic aberration for personal taste.

Everything else still max at 3440x1440 and getting between 80-100fps in game now. Looks and plays great. I am so happy I went with Titan XP over GTX 1080 SLI.

gdt

Ok great. Turned off MSAA, kept Temporal on, and lowered screen space reflections and that got me to 60fps with most everything else cranked all the way. I think I have shadows only to high as well.

On a 980ti at 1080p.

Seems like the Benchmark Tool isn't the most accurate representation of what you'll experience during the actual game. That is, people seem to generally be experiencing better performance by playing the main game than through the benchmark.

ehead

I made some quick tests. Here is my pc system:
ASUS Z170I mobo
Intel i5-6600k clocked to 4.0Ghz
Cooler Master EVO 212
16GB DDR4 3000MHz
ASUS Strix GTX 1070 (default clock)
Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Settings (I tried the Geforce Experience settings):
JGlbMaE.jpg

Resolution: 1920x1080
Vsync: Off

Benchmark results:

Actual game results:
I have only played the first mission. The minimum fps I've been getting is around 70 and the max is above 100. I've been using Steam's in-lay fps counter by the way if that's a thing.

Maybe when I turn on Contact Hardening Shadows the fps will take a hit. But so far, I'm pretty satisfied with Nvidia's default settings profile.

Oh and my temps were fine.

CHC

Running native resolution (1920 x 1200) on a GTX 1070. All high settings, MSAA off. Honestly I'm quite happy with the image quality, the temporal anti-aliasing does wonders. I can barely see any aliasing and MSAA makes barely a noticeable difference.

Game is a huge step up from Human Revolution's visuals.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ingame looks amazing and runs really well on my system but my shadowplay screenshots looks ugly. Shame.

I wish I had good enough card for that MSAA :)

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Considering how amazing the game looks, I'm not surprised that current hardware struggles to max it out. It's unfortunate, but hardware will catch up to it.

The current Steam reviews are an absolute shitshow, they need to do something about this. Every negative review is just a complaint about the game not running well on someone's rig, not a single word about the game itself.

Top Bottom