• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1) [Update: Big images in OP]

The original is one of my favourite games, but I never really got into Human Revolution. It seems like this will be an improvement as the first game only had a few big flaws that they've addressed in the first paragraph of the press release. Kinda disappointed that we have the same main character. It seemed like his character arc was complete in the first game. The number of combat-centric screens is also disconcerting but I don't think they'll fuck up. The first game had one of the best conversation systems in a long while.

I dunno. I guess I'm just whelmed.

Sendero

Was the Game Informer trailer removed?

Wasn't fan of Jensen design at all, but became kind of endearing by the end of the game. I'm still trying to figure out how the are planning to reconciliate the differences between these prequels, and Deus Ex. The technology is way more advanced now, leaving Denton and the whole original story at odds with it, even if you consider the economic meltdown that occurred between games.

Happy that they reduced the amount of gold/yellow coloring in this new game.

Improving the combat is fine, but doing the entire game stealthily will still be a viable option, right? Also, I take it there's no indication as to when this is coming out.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Simple, don't include boss fights.

Hell no, the Director's Cut and Missing Link showed that Eidos Montreal know how to do fights with time and not outsourcing them.

Bizzquik

I can't believe how happy I am right now.

I'm so happy Jensen is back.
Please tell me Pritchard is back, too. Their like/hate/need relationship was amazing.

Looking very much forward to this, because Human Revolution was unexpectedly great.

However, I'm still not happy that they went and apparently are still going the prequel route with these games. I mean what's the point of a plot-heavy game about uncovering global conspiracies when you already know that it's the Illuminati that are pulling most of the strings and that pretty soon Bob Page will stage his coup and take over the world as Majestic 12? I'd rather have them do a proper sequel to the original Deus Ex. Hell, they could even retcon Invisible War out of existence for all I care.

Kiant

I played neither (only the original version). How are they?

Both are pretty meh tbh. You had one option in the original and that was to fight head on, in the directors cut they added stuff like - hacking a turret to fire on the boss etc.

It wasn't good in either version, they were just a lot more tolerable in the DC.

Red Hood

Banned
so no HR ending is canon?
May I ask why everybody thinks no HR ending is going to be canon? From what I've seen and read at Game Informer, Mankind Divided is going to take place two years after Human Revolution, more specifically after the
Bill Taggert ending where the news about Panchaea got out to the public, which in turn has lead to anger and fear towards transhumanists and thus "mankind has been divided"

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
CCBNYQ0WgAAf4ZN.png:large

those icarus wings

background get!

dlauv

I'm glad Jensen's back. He wasn't a fantastic character, but he was kind of an interesting character with a fantastic voice actor. Like, he was interesting in a very grounded sort of way. But most importantly, I felt his ending did an injustice. I'd like to have a really wholesome ending for him, and I'd like to do more work with those blade arms and readjusted stealth mechanics. Going lethal was incredibly unrewarding and borderline stupid in the prior game.

LDAF

Y'know, I wasn't originally sure if I liked the toned-down gold filter, but after looking at it again a few hours later, I'm really digging it. Can't wait to see more!

Improving the combat is fine, but doing the entire game stealthily will still be a viable option, right? Also, I take it there's no indication as to when this is coming out.

It does mention that you will be able to approach things as you see fit, and it mentions stealth but I'm also hoping that you can do the whole thing stealthy. I've beaten HR about 6 times and have always played to avoid getting spotted. Even tried playing without stealth a couple times and it just wasn't as fun so I'd always go back to it.

Ganondorfo

Human Revolution was one of my favorite games last gen, so I am very happy with the announcement of this sequel. Hopefully with the cyberpunk popularity, someone will make a Ghost in the Shell game in the style of Deus Ex.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
May I ask why everybody thinks no HR ending is going to be canon? From what I've seen and read at Game Informer, Mankind Divided is going to take place two years after Human Revolution, more specifically after the
Bill Taggert ending where the news about Panchaea got out to the public, which in turn has lead to anger and fear towards transhumanists and thus "mankind has been divided"
That's my guess too. Makes the most sense.

injurai

Banned
Darrow is genetically incompatible yet he is the brains behind human augmentation..

yet he cries about it, but dude you created it...

i dont think i ever seen a more pathetic character

I think he comes to find he is incompatible. Being at the center of it, and his passion and interest that fuels him to create it. He begins to long ever greater to augment himself. It's envy a human emotion.

How is that pathetic?

I think he comes to find he is incompatible. Being at the center of it, and his passion and interest that fuels him to create it. He begins to long ever greater to augment himself. It's envy a human emotion.

How is that pathetic?

oh well i didn't look at it from that perspective..

yeah him knowing that he was incompatible therefore creating human augmentation for others to enjoy changes the whole context.. definitely

i thought it was more

creates human augmentation....finds out he is incompatible...doesn't want anyone to use his creation since he can't..

Game4life

Banned
100% agreed.

Adam Jensen was just not very interesting as a person. To be frank, he lacked personality, had a poor back-story, and his voice and dialogue was just plain old generic.

JC Denton on the other hand, despite the game being more than a decade old now, had a far more interesting personality, his voice felt very natural, and he was genuinely likable and believable as a real human being. He had charisma. The writing and voice acting for Denton was far superior to Jensen hands down.

lol are you serious?

Lunar15

Is it weird that I actually liked the gold filter?

I mean, I'm fine without it, but I really really loved the yellow vibe of the game. Felt super coherent.

Denton

Just noticed the game takes place in my homeland Czechland, judging by the shop names (ovoce, zelenina, koření, meaning fruits, vegetables, spices). Cool as fuck.

OH MAN!

Yeah, this game could make me buy a PS4. I absolutely loved Human Revolution for Wii U and could definitely go for more Deus Ex.

injurai

Banned
Is it weird that I actually liked the gold filter?

I mean, I'm fine without it, but I really really loved the yellow vibe of the game. Felt super coherent.

The difference is you see it as a gold filter, while everyone that dislikes it sees it as a piss filter.

I didn't mind it either, but I like that it's a bit more toned down in these screens.

Ape

Banned
HR was probably my favorite game last gen. Not sure how I feel about this. HR is a game that stands alone. A masterpiece without need of milking. Let's see.

cj_iwakura

Looking very much forward to this, because Human Revolution was unexpectedly great.

However, I'm still not happy that they went and apparently are still going the prequel route with these games. I mean what's the point of a plot-heavy game about uncovering global conspiracies when you already know that it's the Illuminati that are pulling most of the strings and that pretty soon Bob Page will stage his coup and take over the world as Majestic 12? I'd rather have them do a proper sequel to the original Deus Ex. Hell, they could even retcon Invisible War out of existence for all I care.

There's still a lot of story to tell between the end of HR and how the world of DE1 happened. I'm all for more prequel.

Top Bottom