• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 (NEW direct - feed screens up)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Error2k4 said:
I cant believe people say this doesnt look good.

it looks freaking great to me, cant wait to see the sweet ass animation too :)

It`s GAF, man. They`re not allowed to say it looks good. It would kill their hardcore graphics whore cred.

jett

D-Member
After looking at those scans again(and after getting over the fact that it didn't match the target render) I have to admit this game is looking hawt. I still want to see this bitch in motion first, though.

Btw guys what image host do you recomend for me to host those cropped images, I have a feeling the imageshack bandwith will run out pretty quick.

DCharlie

Banned
wtf is wrong with people? this game looks ****ing fantastic.
AND at 60fps.

*wibble* come to daddy

is the whole Bullshot thing starting to backfire badly? It seems like (mainly) the sony guys raised the expectations real high, and now the games that look legitimately good are being poo-poo'ed because they don't look unrealistically amazing.

(and i KNOW someone at this point is hovering over a MGS4 shot link - but you have to accept , not every game is going to look like that - it was the same on the PS2, it'll be the same on the PS3)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
jett said:
After looking at those scans again(and after getting over the fact that it didn't match the target render) I have to admit this game is looking hawt. I still want to see this bitch in motion first, though.

My faith in you is restored. You`re not completely insane as I previously thought.

duckroll said:
And here are the scans after I cropped them, resized them to a sensible resolution and uploaded to imagevenue.

Can somebody "clip-out" the screens, so I can post them nice-and-neat in my original post?

jett said:

FINALLY? -- so can we start calling Capcom Cap-GOD again? :lol

TheTrin said:
It`s GAF, man. They`re not allowed to say it looks good. It would kill their hardcore graphics whore cred.

after Capcom stating that they have a standard in-house engine, i imagine all Capcom games will now be "bad". atleast the rest of us will be enjoying the hell out of them.

Oh, **** it. I´ve been looking at these screens for a few moments, and really, it does look great. Perhaps it was just the initial shock, the fact that I need to go to sleep, but I love those character close ups. Dante´s model is badass, and some of those shots are really detailed.

Of course, there´s plenty of things that could be upgraded, but this still looks friggin nice, and it´ll certainly improve before launch.

thetrin

jj984jj said:
YA RLY, I said it's because of that zipper only. If you can't see how Nero looks like a ****ing pansy then there is nothing left for me to say to you. You'd think he'd look more like his brother.

I`m sorry he`s not hairy and ugly enough for you.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
oh shit those scans are hawt!

totally sold on PS3

*starts saving money*

shpankey

not an idiot
dude, Capcom never left. since the days of Gunsmoke on the arcade. probably the greatest developers of alltime, imo, of course.

Logan Cano said:
Oh, **** it. I´ve been looking at these screens for a few moments, and really, it does look great. Perhaps it was just the initial shock, the fact that I need to go to sleep, but I love those character close ups. Dante´s model is badass, and some of those shots are really detailed.

Of course, there´s plenty of things that could be upgraded, but this still looks friggin nice, and it´ll certainly improve before launch.

Glad you're having a change of heart. I think even more pictures, and better yet videos, will truly show it off. I'm waiting too see the special effects and stuff. Should be amazing.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Why do Dante and Nero look alike in the art, but their CG models look different? The art is so awesome.

TheTrin said:
I`m sorry he`s not hairy and ugly enough for you.
Not my falut they got carried away with the lacy vest.

thetrin

Error2k4 said:
oh shit those scans are hawt!

totally sold on PS3

*starts saving money*

The cheapo himself is going to shell out cash for a PS3? Man, DMC4 has reached new highs.

For me, DMC4 just became the true killer app for PS3, aside MGS4 and Resistance (yea, I said it, I want resistance).

DCharlie said:
is the whole Bullshot thing starting to backfire badly? It seems like (mainly) the sony guys raised the expectations real high, and now the games that look legitimately good are being poo-poo'ed because they don't look unrealistically amazing.

It does look good, just like LP and DR look good. But after all Kobayashi's talk I was expecting more than this that's all. It'll still kick ass but it's definetly not what I was expecting visually. But now I know where things are where Capcom and that engine so I know what to expect from them now.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
TheTrin said:
The cheapo himself is going to shell out cash for a PS3? Man, DMC4 has reached new highs.

For me, DMC4 just became the true killer app for PS3, aside MGS4 and Resistance (yea, I said it, I want resistance).
yeah I like DMC a lot more than MGS.

and now that I saw how good it looks, Im totally sold.

Yoboman

Kobayashi is producing this right? Was he involved with DMC2 and 3, because it's odd that the GI cover specifically mentions him as the producer of RE4 and DMC1

I think it's pretty clear that Nero is possessed by Virgil and that's why his hand is possessed. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if his hair only turned white when his hand changed. There were character sketches of Virgil floating around early in DMC4 publicity, so I'm sure he's going to be involved, and that's why Dante seems to be going after Nero.

edit: and why Dante is "mysterious," my guess is that he'll be addressing Nero as Virgil

jett

D-Member
BTW MickeyKnox, thanks for the cropped pics. And thanks to whoever scanned them in teh first place too. :p

Rhindle

What I would most like is confirmation that this runs on a fully 3D dynamic camera engine.

Hopefully the days of fixed-perspective camera disorientation are finally behind us.

PuertoRicanJuice said:
Seriously, Capcom is so ****ing back, holy shit.

So, is DMC4 sexy again?

Victory, my new thread to deviate attention away from the TGS trailer thread worked on getting GAF back on the DMC hype wagon.

....ooops.

Surreal

pic1wx0.jpg

He's standing/running kinda wierd. Martial arts?

pic12uz31.jpg

*bows down to Capcom*

^ NP, but recomend me a new host besides imageshack, cause I think that come morning when the rest of Gaf wakes up the bandwith will die.

Yoboman said:
Kobayashi is producing this right? Was he involved with DMC2 and 3, because it's odd that the GI cover specifically mentions him as the producer of RE4 and DMC1

Kobayashi only produced DMC1 out of the DMC series.

I really think there is a reason why all of his games look gorgeous (REmake, RE4, DMC1 etc. etc.) is because he started his career at capcom as a programmer, so now -- as a acting producer, he knows how much time and money is required to pull off solid looking games on new platforms.

MickeyKnox said:
I did already
Check the previous page

Those scans are little -too detailed- (you see too much pixel in them from the magazine printing) the ones Duckroll have are a little more down to earth, and they are smaller so it makes the initial post more easier to read.

TIA

thetrin

DMC4 looks so sex, I am posting again to state as such. DMC4 LOOKS SEX.

Surreal said:
pic1wx0.jpg

The power of the PS3 gives him the AI to react to the fire.

He's shielding his face from the heat.

Beleive.
Just messing around, but that'd be neat.

jett

D-Member
Surreal said:
pic1wx0.jpg

pic12uz31.jpg

*bows down to Capcom*

I think it's just his running animation. In the direct-feed pic of him running through a hallway he looks pretty much the same.

DCharlie said:

In the real world it doens't matter. To a small percentage of people on a message board it does. Which group do you think make up 99% of the gaming public?

Damn the fire looks bad ass in those scans. Fire was always done shitty last gen. Let it burn Capcom!

Man what the fukk is up with GAF tonight? I guess everything sucks all of a sudden:lol It must be cuz 3/4 of Gaf was sucked into joystiq.com MEGATON.:lol You guys should've know better.

jett said:
I think it's just his running animation. In the direct-feed pic of him running through a hallway he looks pretty much the same.

Sure it isn't a punch? Fighters sometime have a similar stance when they throw a punch. And given the position of the bug like thing its possible.

badcrumble said:
I think it's pretty clear that Nero is possessed by Virgil and that's why his hand is possessed. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if his hair only turned white when his hand changed. There were character sketches of Virgil floating around early in DMC4 publicity, so I'm sure he's going to be involved, and that's why Dante seems to be going after Nero.

edit: and why Dante is "mysterious," my guess is that he'll be addressing Nero as Virgil
nero_illust01.jpg

in fact, isn't that Virgil's Devil Trigger Form here?

Top Bottom