• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry V, TGS 2018 Trailer (Dante in action plus new character shown)

LADY AND TRISH ARE BACK!!!

edit: New Mega Buster which is exclusive to the deluxe edition shown.

2nd Edit: Deluxe Edition perks and exclusive weapons. The deluxe edition will reportedly retail for $69.99 U.S.

MtyO9HD.jpg

Last edited:

CatCouch

Not the biggest fan of the realistic faces as other have mentioned but it does look like Capcom is improving on them! Much better than Resident Evil 7. I get the impression Capcom actually listens to fan feedback and does what they can to please. I appreciate it a lot. They are fast becoming my favorite company now!

Lady and Trish! Now we're talking!

EDMIX

Not the biggest fan of the realistic faces as other have mentioned but it does look like Capcom is improving on them! Much better than Resident Evil 7. I get the impression Capcom actually listens to fan feedback and does what they can to please. I appreciate it a lot. They are fast becoming my favorite company now!

Lady and Trish! Now we're talking!

Well that might be just based on them using more up to date hardware.

https://www.dualshockers.com/shock-value-devil-may-cry-4/

So I think they just make them as real as they can make them look on the hardware they are working on. Art direction looks the same to me.

Dacon

Banned
The realistic faces and clothing are because they're all scanned in models that were then rigged. They did the same for Resident Evil 2, they said so in interviews. They weren't built from the ground up like the models in DMC4.

That's why the character styles are so drastically different, and why some characters look worse by comparison. It's basically idealized characters with a slight anime style versus straight up scanned in people.

Last edited:

CatCouch

Well that might be just based on them using more up to date hardware.

https://www.dualshockers.com/shock-value-devil-may-cry-4/

So I think they just make them as real as they can make them look on the hardware they are working on. Art direction looks the same to me.
It looks less idealized to me. It was a bit disappointing in Resident Evil 7 and I was not a fan of what was first shown in RE2 but Capcom showed some nice improvement over the months.

I suspect the scanning models method will have some of the kinks worked out over time so it doesn't lose the "arty" side of it. It would suck if games just became like movies with digital actors and we lost a bunch of the different art styles games were so good at having. I like variety!

EDMIX

It looks less idealized to me. It was a bit disappointing in Resident Evil 7 and I was not a fan of what was first shown in RE2 but Capcom showed some nice improvement over the months.

I suspect the scanning models method will have some of the kinks worked out over time so it doesn't lose the "arty" side of it. It would suck if games just became like movies with digital actors and we lost a bunch of the different art styles games were so good at having. I like variety!

I think they always wanted this look yet just didn't have the hardware. I don't seem much difference other then them looking more real which I see as a bonus as I love how DMC5 looks. I disagree I think we have just as much of the same art direction as in the last games.

EDMIX

Love how Lady and Trish look, same with older Dante. Going to avoid looking at any more trailers until release (already pre-ordered for months now lol)

chriskun

Hmmm, I'm not the biggest fan of the character designs, but I'm not insane so I'm not going to write the game off for it. What I am concerned about is the speed of the combat. Dante looked really slow....

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
If I'll be able to play the game in 1080p 60 on a 1060... maybe I'll consider buying it day one. Looks amazing bw and plays very much like DMC3 with new and cool stuff.

Last edited:

Helios

I like how the characters look, especially Dante. Not really a fan of the theme though. The instrumental is fine and it fits Dante but the vocals are trash.

JimmyJones

Banned
They ruined Lady and Trish looks like she's been smoking crack for years. Dante looks good though. Also WTF is up with that tattoo'd chicks accent?

Last edited:

xviper

this trailer is fucking amazing, but it was ruined by the reveal of the new character which we thought was Virgil but wasn't

Virgil better be in DMC V

the new girl (forgot her name) her voice doesn't fit her looks

Mr Branding

They are completely ruining this franchise...Someone else needs to step in, this is not the direction to go.

Care to elaborate? From where I stand, they are completely reviving the franchise. In my book, Itsuno is a master game developer and since he's behind the stellar combat of both 3 and 4, they can use whatever art style they please ('cause I feel this is where you're getting at).

The characters look amazing lady and Trish are both looking hot and Dante is looking much better than before. There is a whole thing with Dante's theme song in which Capcom took it down due to the negative feedback from the fans. If you listen to the instrumental version it sounds much better apparently just the vocals really messed his theme up.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The character looks like Marylin Manson joined A Clockwork Orange. I really like how this game is looking. The combat and all the stuff going on in the background looks great.

this trailer is fucking amazing, but it was ruined by the reveal of the new character which we thought was Virgil but wasn't

Virgil better be in DMC V

the new girl (forgot her name) her voice doesn't fit her looks
no one thought that. Virgil has never been a main playable character and never will, they clearly stated that V is someone new to the series. Virgil is inn the game though, you can see him in the leaked gameplay

Pejo

Not a huge fan of the character models, but it's not terrible. I'm sure the gameplay will be great, so it's a buy from me no matter what.

Game looks super fun already though even now I'm still weirded out by the faces. I don't have any issues with RE going this route but something about it looks totally off when applied to DMC. Also Trish is starting to look a little too much like Rob Zombie's annoying wife, which I do not care for. =P

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
System Requirements for PC version:

MINIMUM:
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 3.4GHz or better
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX760 or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 35 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: *Controllers recommended *Internet connection required for game activation.
RECOMMENDED:
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 3.4GHz or better
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX960 or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 35 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: *Controllers recommended *Internet connection required for game activation.

Top Bottom