• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: 6 1X games that power past PS4 pro and 5 that dont!

Inviusx

I'm glad X owners are getting some bang for their buck. I'm happy with my Pro though. I think people who are still on the OG platforms need to start thinking about moving up to be honest.

Green Yoshi

I'm glad X owners are getting some bang for their buck. I'm happy with my Pro though. I think people who are still on the OG platforms need to start thinking about moving up to be honest.
Isn't that the reason why people bought a console in the first place? To not move up every year. Xbox One S came out one year ago and now it is already considered as Old Gen that is holding games back?

X1X is more powerful than the PS4 Pro but it can't outperform an Intel Corei7 CPU from 2010. Every X1X game plays better on a PC. PS4 Pro offers at least a lot of exclusive games.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Isn't that the reason why people bought a console in the first place? To not move up every year. Xbox One S came out one year ago and now it is already considered as Old Gen that is holding games back?

X1X is more powerful than the PS4 Pro but it can't outperform an Intel Corei7 CPU from 2010. Every X1X game plays better on a PC. PS4 Pro offers at least a lot of exclusive games.

You sound a bit sour

Leonidas

Xbox One S was a Slim revision of the 2013 Xbox One console. Scorpio came 4 years later and offers 4x the GPU power.

Scorpions GPU is better than what is in the majority of gaming rigs.

The Xbox One S is not holding this generation back, it's still running games at up to 1080p.

When PS5/Xbox Next comes out the same thing can be said. You can't beat years old desktop PC hardware with mobile CPUs, consoles will continue using mobile CPUs embedded in APUs in the future...

Xbox One has lots of exclusives too if you don't game on PC(and there are a lot of people who don't).

Xbox One S owners knew a year in advance that the Xbox One X was coming. If they decided to impulse buy an S when they knew they'd eventually want an X, that's on them. MS were very clear about their upcoming hardware roadmap. The two SKUs exist in two different price brackets, so I don't understand your complaint.

MilkyJoe

S is no different to the 2013 model as far as games go, it's just a hardware revision.

And there's that everyone already owns a gaming PC rhetoric again.

Bazookaxp

Well to be fair to Microsoft they announced the Xbox One X during the same conference as the Xbox One S. It was made clear from day one that in one year a smaller more powerful box would be out. I still believe that an Xbox One S is a good pickup for people gaming on a budget, as well as the base PS4. The UHD drive and HDR alone make it a great mid gen refresh.

It is not surprising to see the One X dominating in some games while just being about the same in others. Not all Devs have the same resource budgets to go back to enhance older games. I am honestly very happy with the amount of developer support that both Sony and Microsoft have been receiving for these games.

This gives me hope that in the next console gen we will see full backwards compatibility from here on out. Not just on games but racing wheels and controllers.

In regards to your comment about the X not keeping up with a 2010 CPU... As we know a gaming system has more than 1 part.

I was gaming on pc for 2 years until the X came out. I literally havent touched my pc since. My pc has a gtx 970, 12gb ram, and i56600k. I had to play most games including forza 7 and gears 4 at 1440p because of my gpu memory bottleneck. The X1X is running them at 4k 60fps with super smooth gameplay on top of HDR which my pc did not do. I also enjoy console gaming online mich more than pc online and gaming on my couch without running wires across my living room is much better.

The X multiplats look better than the pro and online is better on the X. a Say what you want, but for 500 and the ability to play uhd movies makes the X the best console choice regardless of havimg less # of exclusives

In regards to your comment about the X not keeping up with a 2010 CPU... As we know a gaming system has more than 1 part.

I was gaming on pc for 2 years until the X came out. I literally havent touched my pc since. My pc has a gtx 970, 12gb ram, and i56600k. I had to play most games including forza 7 and gears 4 at 1440p because of my gpu memory bottleneck. The X1X is running them at 4k 60fps with super smooth gameplay on top of HDR which my pc did not do. I also enjoy console gaming online mich more than pc online and gaming on my couch without running wires across my living room is much better.

The X multiplats look better than the pro and online is better on the X. a Say what you want, but for 500 and the ability to play uhd movies makes the X the best console choice regardless of havimg less # of exclusives
For the $500 you spent on the X you could have bought a kickass GPU to upgrade your PC that smokes the X.

Not telling you what you should do with your money but I think someone like you with a decent PC already would've been better off upgrading their PC than buying an X. It's cheaper to upgrade your PC and the benefits are huge.

Toe-Knee

Not if you want to play those exclusives. Then the X is an all round bad choice

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Not if you want to play those exclusives. Then the X is an all round bad choice

can say the same of any console regarding exclusives, can't play Mario or Zelda on a ps4 can't play halo or gears on a ps4 or switch.

if u want the best experience then buy all consoles and if you have a 4k tv and only have to choose one at the moment the X is that choice as it pushes 4k more than the pro but the pro is still a good console

Marlenus

I’m not sure I agree

Any Pro owner should realize that pretty much every multi-plat is better on X.

Indeed, I am a pro owner because

1) I already had a PS4 so already had a library of games

2) It launched first.

3) I have a Thrustmaster T500 RS that is not compatible with the XBox

4) I was hoping for more racing VR content and that PS4 Pro would offer an improved experience but that does not seem to be the case as the only decent VR racing games are Driveclub VR and Dirt Rally. GT Sport is more like a VR demo for what may be in GT 7 and unfortunately despite the great job they did in Dirt Rally Codies decided against including VR in F1 2017 although the game is still great.

All multiplats should be better on Xbox X, it is a more powerful system and any game that releases without a 50% increase in resolution or (if already at 4k on pro) enhanced frame rates and effects is a bit disappointing. Same situation for OG Xbox 1 Vs PS4.

Toe-Knee

can say the same of any console regarding exclusives, can't play Mario or Zelda on a ps4 can't play halo or gears on a ps4 or switch.

if u want the best experience then buy all consoles and if you have a 4k tv and only have to choose one at the moment the X is that choice as it pushes 4k more than the pro but the pro is still a good console

I only have one but choose the pro for the exclusives. I'm still waiting for more on the Xbox other than Sunset overdrive.

However I aren't the norm as I play almost all multiplats on pc as the steam controller makes it a better experience for me.

I really do hope Microsoft give me some reasons to buy an Xbox as the one is tempting but has only one game that I want currently. Lovely hardware design though.

Malcolm9

Yeah, but if you were in the market for a new console and definitely wanted the strongest console for multiplats, there really isn't much of a contest.

It's not all about the graphics though, you still consider the price, games, what your friends/family own etc over a resolution bump and some higher graphical enhancements.

This is the first gen I haven't owned an Xbox, this is due to the lack of reasons to own one alongside my Pro & Switch. If you own an original Xbox One or S then it's a no brainer to upgrade to the X, but for the rest MS need to offer more than just power.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I only have one but choose the pro for the exclusives. I'm still waiting for more on the Xbox other than Sunset overdrive.

However I aren't the norm as I play almost all multiplats on pc as the steam controller makes it a better experience for me.

I really do hope Microsoft give me some reasons to buy an Xbox as the one is tempting but has only one game that I want currently. Lovely hardware design though.

all down to how you want to play the games and what games you like, I have a pc with oculus but rarely touch it but I have my X and love gears and the Forza series.

yes I can play these on pc but I like sitting in my living room with my 65" tv and a controller. the only game this gen thats tempted me to get a ps4 this gen was drive club but it wasn't enough for me to get one.

I play multi plats mostly like cod and Star Wars battlefront and currently in terms of console they play best on xbox. They will do for some time to, finally bought Witcher 3 this morning and really looking forward to that in 4k

Toe-Knee

all down to how you want to play the games and what games you like, I have a pc with oculus but rarely touch it but I have my X and love gears and the Forza series.

yes I can play these on pc but I like sitting in my living room with my 65" tv and a controller. the only game this gen thats tempted me to get a ps4 this gen was drive club but it wasn't enough for me to get one.

I play multi plats mostly like cod and Star Wars battlefront and currently in terms of console they play best on xbox. They will do for some time to, finally bought Witcher 3 this morning and really looking forward to that in 4k

It's good that you are enjoying your setup. That's what it's all about.

I do play my pc games on the couch on the tv with a steam controller but typically I stick to single player narrative based games so multiplats in general aren't for me as they're typically open world first story second.

The Witcher 3 in 4k is pretty good visually it can get a bit repetitive towards the end though. If you haven't tried the DLC take a look at those I preferred both over the base game. Blood and wine especially looks great in 4k.

Top Bottom