Tom from DF breaks down the FREE NG upgrades for Borderlands 3!
Everything there is to know about Borderlands 3's new PS5 and Xbox Series X support. Hitting 4K and 60 frames per second is the priority for Gearbox's efforts here, though the premium consoles also feature an ambitious 120Hz mode. How do they all hold up in performance stakes - and can Series S match up in with its 1440p visuals?
I am only halfway thru the vid but so far he has said:
- Dynamic 4k on PS4 and XsX, dynamic 1440p on XsS
- the PS5 version has better shadows and better foliage density (seems to be a carryover effect from Pro vs One X versions having same difference)
- Still watching for more summary details
- 120fps mode dips to 80 and everything in between in heavy combat
- XsX is the better choice for 120 fps mode, according to Tom (around the 12:20 mark), especially with VRR support but also has less dips in 120fps mode overall
Stay frosty out there.
I own the game on PC, haven't played any of the DLCs. Need to check it out on PS5, free upgrade and game can be found cheap.
Disclaimer: No one who replies to this thread will get a "strange and disturbing" DM from me. I swear.
edit: From ethomaz
Article for these that like.
Also, as brought up by THEAP99 apparently the game has great DualSense implementation. I have not had a chance to play it on PS5 but I have heard this mentioned by others as well.