• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Dishonored 2: PS4/Pro/Xbox One/PC Graphics Comparison + Analysis

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haven't had that on Pro so far. DF didn't either, apparently.

It's present in every version of the game; they're texture "seams". Good anti-aliasing helps significantly but doesn't completely eliminate it. The PC version with anything less than TXAA is a veritable eyesore.

Jacob4815

I linked the Digital Foundry video and this thread to him. There are new tweets from him but he didn't answer on this issue.

Not very encouraging, because he usually answers to everybody about game glitch or problems.

I could try with the Bethesda Support twitter account.. but I'm now a bit pessimistic.

And also the Bethesda Support didn't answer.

No words on the 1080p supersampling bug, total silence from Bethesda and developers.

thelastword

Banned
The DF guy used a static scene with no action (the boating section) to show how the game is running bad........Of course it's running bad because the console CPU's are stressed in that scene as they're entering the city (drawcalls, loading Ai, lod) etc...

It makes no sense to pass judgement on a game in static scenes. The majority of the time you're not entering cities via boat, you're engaged in combat and it seems that the PS4.Pro holds 30fps pretty solid during those scenes. Obvioulsy since the Pro's CPU is clocked higher it holds better than the PS4 and XB1 in that boat scene which falls to the teens on the other consoles, but I find Overall Pro and PS4's performance is pretty solid in combat.

There are issues they need to iron out still. This game is more CPU bound on these consoles more than anything, so I'd like to have seen Ultra presets on everything on the Pro with at least 1800p checkerboarding at 30fps.....IQ on the Pro should have been better still.

Frozone

The DF guy used a static scene with no action (the boating section) to show how the game is running bad........Of course it's running bad because the console CPU's are stressed in that scene as they're entering the city (drawcalls, loading Ai, lod) etc...

It makes no sense to pass judgement on a game in static scenes. The majority of the time you're not entering cities via boat, you're engaged in combat and it seems that the PS4.Pro holds 30fps pretty solid during those scenes. Obvioulsy since the Pro's CPU is clocked higher it holds better than the PS4 and XB1 in that boat scene which falls to the teens on the other consoles, but I find Overall Pro and PS4's performance is pretty solid in combat.

There are issues they need to iron out still. This game is more CPU bound on these consoles more than anything, so I'd like to have seen Ultra presets on everything on the Pro with at least 1800p checkerboarding at 30fps.....IQ on the Pro should have been better still.

A game that's CPU bound can quickly become GPU bound by adding added shader features. I'm not sure you'd get 1800p @ 30FPS on Ultra settings.

Regginator

It's not a bad port. There are hiccups with certain system configurations, true, but it performs well:

%D1%81od_1920.png

I got excited for a second there, I thought this was Dishonored 2 after some patches. Silly me.

Top Bottom