• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - Final Fantasy 7 Remake Demo: PS4/Pro First Look! - A Classic Upgraded on Unreal Engine 4

Fake

The demo we've all been waiting for. Final Fantasy 7 fans worldwide now get their first chance to play the remake at home - showcasing Unreal Engine 4's prowess in taking a PS1 classic to greater heights in its lighting, effects and model quality on PS4 and PS4 Pro. Tom and Alex dissect a very polished early build here, all painting a positive picture for its April 10th release.

Summary:

- Demo size: 8GB
- Resolution on base PS4 is dynamic 1080p with TAA
- PRO get a resolution of dynamic 2880x1620 with TAA
- Great boost in comparison with another Square Enix UE4 tittle: Kingodm Hearts 3, with runs at dynamic 900p on base PS4 with terrible 30fps cap/uncap.
- Motion blur, depth of field, shadow quality and volumetrics are the same from both machines
- Locked 30 fps on both base PS4 and PRO (frame-paced 30 frames per second on both consoles) without any drop spotted.
- A lot of real time shadows
- The article have a tool for comparison between base PS4 and PRO

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

The demo is optimized as fuck. Lets hope it translates into the final release. Man I wish Kingdom Hearts 3 ran this smooth.

What were they thinking with the uncapped framerate for a game that wasn't going to hit 60?

Last edited:

Fake

The demo is optimized as fuck. Lets hope it translates into the final release. Man I wish Kingdom Hearts 3 ran this smooth.
I was expecting both the KH3 DLC and the patch to fix at least the 30 fps cap mode, but got dissapointed from both sides. Both the DLC is a mix bag and don't fix the 30 cap.
I got very impressed with this demo, taking into consideration both KH3 and FF7 runs using UE4. Very polish in comparison.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Cool stuff - a boringly rock solid performance is good news!

Game is already looking and performing fantastic on both systems. If they can squeeze out some more visual magic for Pro his will look insanely good

Last edited:
Top Bottom