• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Mortal Shell PS5 vs Xbox Series S/X

AnotherOne

F4gLuk6.jpg
6mjkEGi.jpg
p3pSuox.gif

Last edited:
It's bugged on PS5. Lower res than intended as developers already confirmed in the other thread.
Was DF informed or mentioned the fact in the video? No time for watching it.

Yes they said a patch is in the work to bring it to 1800p. I wonder how this soul fire chamber will fare though. It already jumps anywhere between 50-60 at 1440p.

On the other hand, less severe framedrop on PS5 in most situations where it happens on Series x. That, and the lack of texture streaming issues that plague the Series S/X version...

It's really a toss up.

Elios83

Yes they said a patch is in the work to bring it to 1800p. I wonder how this soul fire chamber will fare though. It already jumps anywhere between 50-60 at 1440p.

On the other hand, less severe framedrop on PS5 in most situations where it happens on Series x. That, and the lack of texture streaming issues that plague the Series S/X version...

It's really a toss up.
Better frame rate on PS5 in most situations but the OP has posted Ricky's cherry picked bullshit screenshot in the OP????
Seriously why people want to embarrass themselves with a fake and distorted reality....

ethomaz

Banned
Better frame rate on PS5 in most situations but the OP has posted Ricky's cherry picked bullshit screenshot in the OP????
Seriously why people want to embarrass themselves with a fake and distorted reality....
I don’t understand that too.
Anybody that watched the video knows they claimed and showed the PS5 with better framerate.

But hey if OP wants to FUD 🤷

Last edited:
So the video is actually kinda useless atm.

Not for series X fans. They will milk it until the patch is released.

It's not useless. You can already see how it performs on Series S/X and PS5 if you plan to buy the game right now. If you plan to play on Series X, wysiwyg. If you plan to play on Series S, here's how it plays right now with the promise of a patch to push the fps closer to 60 at the cost of lower resolution, but at the same time they also mentioned a 4k30 option will be part of that patch. If you plan to play PS5 then it's where you're getting into more of a gamble. On one hand, the game on PS5 currently runs better than the Series X version overall, albeit running at a lower resolution. On the other hand, we can see one zone in the video where the PS5 actually has lower performance than the Series X while running at that lower resolution.

After the 1800p patch, how worse will this specific environment fare if it's already worse than Series X? Will raising the resolution start to affect the performance for the other zones of the game?

Very interesting to me. I can't wait for the patch to come out and see the results :)

In any case, I'd say the game is great on both platforms right now. Worthy of anyone's time looking for for a great DS experience.

Riky

$MSFT
Obviously the Series X version is better, drops are lower and not in combat where performance can bomb into forties on PS5, massive resolution advantage and VRR support to take out what drops there are.
PS5 version will drop even harder when they try to increase the resolution up to X standard.
It's not even close really.

ethomaz

Banned
Obviously the Series X version is better, drops are lower and not in combat where performance can bomb into forties on PS5, massive resolution advantage and VRR support to take out what drops there are.
PS5 version will drop even harder when they try to increase the resolution up to X standard.
😂😂😂😂
“drops are lower”
😂😂😂😂

You probably not watched the video and turned off the audio 😂

C’mon man you can do better.

Last edited:

Concern

Someone should add a summary.

I don't get how this isn't even 4k. Doesn't look very demanding. But im interested to see how the Ps5 handles the res bump considering how it already runs at lower resolution.

ethomaz

Banned
Someone should add a summary.

I don't get how this isn't even 4k. Doesn't look very demanding. But im interested to see how the Ps5 handles the res bump considering how it already runs at lower resolution.
They will probably use 1800p DRS and not fixed... if that is the case framerate will mostly not be affected because in heavy scenes it will go 1440p just like it is now.

That is my guess.

But I should love to have 1800p fixed instead DRS.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Uh....watch the video. They said the PS5 version is a solid 60fps in most areas except Sanctum of Flame where there is drops "for a couple of seconds" which is where your screenshot is from. Otherwise, occasional one to two frame dips. There is no tearing in the PS5 version either. And at no point did they say frame rate bombs into the 40s in combat.

XSX also 60fps most of the time, but there is adaptive screen tearing which isn't in the PS5 version. Noticeable drops in frame when running between areas. "non-issue on PS5". In combat, no problem but transitioning between areas, yes. There is also more texture pop-in on XSX and XSS than PS5. The Sanctum of Flame area does not suffer in the drop in frames like PS5 does, but that is the exception overall.

Timestamped:

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

😂😂😂😂
“drops are lower”
😂😂😂😂

You probably not watched the video and turned off the audio 😂

C’mon man you can do better.

giphy.gif

Funny how this so called "12TF monster" can't even managed to have the better Res AND fps or even graphics. It has always the most "problems", like stutters, frame pacing issues, texture issues or filtering issues.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
PS5 was already the better version and that video says the same... better framerate, no streaming issues, etc.

The patch is just to fix the resolution that devs claimed being 1800p.
Basically this.

One area, in the OP, XSX handled better. Elsewhere? Not as consistent.

PS5 might be getting a resolution patch.

Still...letthemfight.gif

Last edited:

Elios83

Uh....watch the video. They said the PS5 version in a solid 60fps in most areas except Sanctum of Flame where is drops "for a couple of seconds" which is where your screenshot is from. Otherwise, occasional one to two frame dips. There is no tearing in the PS5 version either.

XSX also 60fps most of the time, but there is adaptive screen tearing which isn't in the PS5 version. Noticeable drops in frame when running between areas. "non-issue on PS5". In combat, no problem but transitioning between areas, yes. There is also more texture pop-in on XSX and XSS than PS5. The Sanctum of Flame area does not suffer in the drop in frames like PS5 does, but that is the exception overall.

You're wasting your time. At this point the desperation to constantly see the XSX totally not delivering on the promised hardware superiority has done serious damages :messenger_tears_of_joy:
What is left are cherry picked screenshots and OPs that support alternative realities.

waquzy

Ok Boss.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I'm just shocked that they mentioned XSX texture streaming issues.

I remember that being a somewhat big debate recently in another thread. Seems some ppl called it.

Chessmate

Banned
I don’t understand that too.
Anybody that watched the video knows they claimed and showed the PS5 with better framerate.

But hey if OP wants to FUD 🤷

Nope, watched the vid. They never say PS5 has the better framerate. Both mostly stable. The versions drop in framerate in different occasions.

PS5 when the action is intense, XSX when transitioning to another area (and running). And they add: "Of course XSX is fighting another fight with its higher resolution."

Just wait for the patch. If PS5 holds a more stable framerate at 1800p, you're free to talk about the "better version". 1440p vs. 1800p when both drop in framerate? Not so much.

Last edited:
Nope, watched the vid. They never say PS5 has the better framerate. Both mostly stable. The versions drop in framerate in different occasions.

PS5 when the action is intense, XSX when transitioning to another area (and running). And they add: "Of course XSX is fighting another fight with its higher resolution."

Just wait for the patch. If PS5 holds a more stable resolution at 1800p, you're free to talk about the "better version". 1440p vs. 1800p when both drop in framerate? Not so much.

We will see what will happen when PS5 will have 1800p resolution ( will it be native or not, we will see). Well, XSX has a dynamic 1800p, PS5 probably native 1440p

Otherwise, PS5 has a bit more stable framerate and no tearing. Anyway, from VG Tecv

RRpGiu2.png

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

Just wait for the patch. If PS5 holds a more stable framerate at 1800p, you're free to talk about the "better version". 1440p vs. 1800p when both drop in framerate? Not so much.

Nonsense the action was not intense when the drop kicked in:

Timestamp:

TshC7tF.jpg

Stable fps with intense action

ioJwpgN.jpg

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So the video is actually kinda useless atm.

This is the version of the game consumers are playing so totally valid video.
Or should DF only make videos when the game is at version EoL?

Chessmate

Banned
We will see what will happen when PS5 will have 1800p resolution ( will it be native or not, we will see). Well, XSX has a dynamic 1800p, PS5 probably native 1440p

Otherwise, PS5 has a bit more stable framerate and no tearing. Anyway, from VG Tecv

RRpGiu2.png

Sure, we'll see more clear once the patch arrives. It's just silly to make PS5 the better version atm with its much lower resolution. And Ethomaz...please don't harrass these poor devs again. Just let them enjoy their weekend. 🍻

Last edited:
Sure, we'll see more clear once the patch arrives. It's just silly to make PS5 the better version atm with its much lower resolution

PS5 is better performing version.
More stable framerate, no screen tearing and better texture streaming >>>> higher resolution ( although, it is dynamic 1800p).

No need to spin that. If you like higher resolution, but everything else is worse kn XSX, be my guess

Last edited:

Chessmate

Banned
Nonsense the action was not intense when the drop kicked in:

Timestamp:

TshC7tF.jpg

Stable fps with intense action

ioJwpgN.jpg

10 secs before your timestamp he says he encountered his first drops in fighting scenarios, then shows it. Why you cut that out? 😅 Once he opens the door, two enemies attack and the framerate drops to 50, while downstairs five or six more enemies are waiting, which is quite intense action for this game (if you played it at all). Later, he shows how XSX powers through the very same spot without any dip.

Last edited:

Chessmate

Banned
PS5 is better performing version.
More stable framerate, no screen tearing and better texture streaming >>>> higher resolution ( although, it is dynamic 1800p).

No need to spin that. If you like higher resolution, but everything else is worse kn XSX, be my guess

If XSX was only 1440p, it would of course perform way better than it does now. And DF doesn't say PS5 has an overall better performance, the two versions have drops in different scenarios/circumstances.

You guys discuss. Just wanted to get the facts straight. Never a good idea to start your weekend on a big fat lie. 😟

Last edited:
Top Bottom