• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: The Matrix Awakens Tech Analysis + PS5 vs Xbox Series S/X Performance Analysis

Buggy Loop

Lets Go Start GIF

ethomaz

Banned
Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
When you’re talking about anything matrix and unreal engine expect to fire up people who care about graphics. You think Zelda fans care about this? You think Nintendo fans care about this?

ethomaz

Banned
PS5 / Series X
- Resolution between 1404p-1620p on avg… in intense parts down to 1080p or lower… uses TSR to reach 4k output.
- Framerate seems better on PS5 (video) but all are bad (see All section).

Series S
- Max 875p but goes below 720p… reaches 1080p output via TSR.
- Feature reduction in detail and RT.

All
- TSR can be disabled in options.
- Framerate is bad.
- Framepacing is bad that even if the game was 120Hz it should be bad… neither VRR can save here.
- Frametime spikes to 100ms.
- Drops can reach low as 20fps.
- Cutscenes are 24fps.

They were very superficial in the article avoiding to make comparisons you can see it is the same new trend of others recent DF articles.

PS. NXGamer probably focused his analysis in a stressing part of the demo that can show 1080p or even lower native resolution in PS5/SeriesX before people call there are different… actually they saw the same things.

Last edited:

onQ123

PS5 / Series X
- Resolution between 1404p-1620p on avg… in intense parts down to 1080p or lower… uses TSR to reach 4k output.

Series S
- Max 875p but goes below 720p… reaches 1080p output via TSR.
- Feature reduction in detail and RT.

All
- TSR can be disabled in options.
- Framerate is bad.
- Framepacing is bad that even if the game was 120Hz it should be bad… neither VRR can save here.
- Frametime spikes to 100ms.
- Drops can reach low as 20fps.
- Cutscenes are 240fps.

They were very superficial in the article avoiding to make comparisons you can see it is the same new trend of others recent DF articles.

240fps? lol

Darsxx82

Alex downplayed the PS5 advantage as 1fps better then when driving the car he went slower when driving on Xbox Series X not showing the slowdowns from driving fast & crashing lol

You can't be serious..... It is as if another say that in the XSX version is all the time colliding with other cars which is what usually affects the framerate more ..... You see, even no does not even highlight that PS5 has more framepacing problems but sure is biased :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Cherrypepsi

Great video, lots of things learned.
I agree that I was somehow sceptic about the 2020 UE5 demo that was supposedly running on a PS5.

I didn't know that Lumen was now actually hardware accelerated ray tracing.
Just amazing that consoles in the price range of 299-499 can create these graphics in real time. it's insane!

It blows my mind when I look at Cyberpunk and the PC specs you need to drive the game at max settings, it still looks lame compared to UE5, to the point where I believe CDPR would be better off starting from scratch in UE5 ;-)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The interesting part, they were talking about how the streaming of assets in this game is not high at all , which means regular SSD could do the job easily.
Yeah I noticed that in the demo myself, the geometry while nice, wasn’t as detailed as all the intricate rock formations in the first demo last year. Also there was far more pop in, where last years demo had none.

Mr Moose

Because is the transition cutscene to gameplay LOL.
Some of you go to ridiculous extremes.

PD.That by the way min 39:10 or no!! problems streaming and loading textures on PS5. How strange that here we are told that it was only XSX and its I/O problems

Seriously, your hatred to Alex and DF reaches sickly limits.
You don't know me...
It's Tom I don't trust, I don't care about Alex, I was joking with my post about 2fps.
Aren't you the same person who said Epic have zero experience with the Series consoles?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The reaction here is more funnier is because John knew that people wanted a "winner" and he just wanted to give them something argue about. he even laughed about the whole thing.
They’re the ones that help facilitate this Khalid culture, yet they sit back and laugh about it as if they’re above it all.

While I agree, it’s all nonsense and noise, they’re full of shit if they don’t think comparisons are what fuels all this bullshit. They literally started out on Gaf, signal boosted here balls deep in the wars when grassgate was a thing.

The fanatical comparisons of war camps are what drives their engagement. If it were just normal neutral tech people watching and discussing, that engagement would be far less, they know it, we know it, let’s not kid ourselves.

Last edited:
51 minutes. Awesome. Cant wait to see how Alex manages to ruin this one. lol
Guy singlehandedly ruined the channel for me. He practically forced his way on the team like some comical protagonist in a 90s Disney movie just persisting until he gets what he wants in the end. Did you see how he got hired? Dude made his own fake digital foundry video like he was already an employee.

ethomaz

Banned
The reaction here is more funnier is because John knew that people wanted a "winner" and he just wanted to give them something argue about. he even laughed about the whole thing.
Since side started to show better results they started to not give numbers and call “similar”, “not the same scenario”, etc.

I don’t know who decided that change but it happened.

For raw numbers you still have VGTech.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
They’re the ones that help facilitate this Khalid culture, yet they sit back and laugh about it as if they’re above it all.

While I agree, it’s all nonsense and noise, they’re full of shit if they don’t think comparisons are what fuels all this bullshit. They literally started out on Gaf, signal boosted here balls deep in the wars when grassgate was a thing.

The fanatical comparisons of war camps are what drives their engagement. If it were just normal neutral tech people watching and discussing, that engagement would be far less, they know it, we know it, let’s not kid ourselves.
It is all about their agenda.
They bet in a horse and while time goes that horse is more and more showing fadigue.
I wonder if the new situation was difference if they choose to hide numbers too? 🤔

Last edited:

Darsxx82

You don't know me...
It's Tom I don't trust, I don't care about Alex, I was joking with my post about 2fps.
I don't think a joke here that leaves Alex bad is a good idea here if it were true that you respect his work....

Aren't you the same person who said Epic have zero experience with the Series consoles?
And no, I'm not the person who said what you're misrepresenting. I said that Epic (the smoll team that create Matrix demo) is more adapted to PS5 and knows the tools better and is more familiar with PS5 than with XSeries which they have not worked until today in collaboration with TC. Among other things as They participate prominently in the design of the console and develop a specific technical demo for it. You appreciate the difference ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom