• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF:"Trails Evolution one of the most technologically advanced titles on the Xbox 360"

F#A#Oo

Banned
I sort of hate trials. Not because it's a bad game, it's amazing, but at a certain point I fall way off the difficulty curve. I went back to play the original to see if I should buy the new one, picked up where I left off and started on a steep ass ramp where I just can't jump the first box. Played 30 minutes trying to jump a box. Didn't jump the box. Didn't buy the sequel.

Evolution is easier...

Also jumping in the deep end after time off and expecting to clear the stage? What?!?

eso76

it is a small tech marvel indeed.
like i said in the other thread i havent seen any other game deal with global illumination and dynamic shadows cast from so many light sources at the same time, let alone do that at 60 fps and with a large, potentially free roamable environment.
their tech is amazing, in ways not obvious to everyone

and dof, and physics etc.
texture pop up cant be avoided when you demand the game to take you back to a previous checkpoint or restart in a matter of milliseconds at any time.
i guess you would rather be taken to a black loading screen for a few seconds before being able to resume racing ?

Popeck

It's a great game with great tech. The worst technical problems are related to the multiplayer and they're not covered in this article. The most obvious one is the tearing. It's really horrible for example on Gigatrack.

it is a small tech marvel indeed.
like i said in the other thread i havent seen any other game deal with global illumination and dynamic shadows cast from so many light sources at the same time, let alone do that at 60 fps and with a large, potentially free roamable environment.
their tech is amazing, in ways not obvious to everyone

and dof, and physics etc.
texture pop up cant be avoided when you demand the game to take you back to a previous checkpoint or restart in a matter of milliseconds at any time.
i guess you would rather be taken to a black loading screen for a few seconds before being able to resume racing ?

Where did they mentioned Global illumination?

I remember MS setting up a bunch of studios a while back, the mission statement of one of which was to push the 360 to it's limit. We've heard nothing about these studios since, so they're probably working on Kinect apps.

It's odd when you consider all of those great looking PS3 exclusives, that MS has no desire to try and catch up with them with their own first-party studios.

I remember MS setting up a bunch of studios a while back, the mission statement of one of which was to push the 360 to it's limit. We've heard nothing about these studios since, so they're probably working on Kinect apps.

It's odd when you consider all of those great looking PS3 exclusives, that MS has no desire to try and catch up with them with their own first-party studios.

Not odd. Just going with what sells and what makes money.

Emily Chu

Banned
what is so special about this game when Motocross Madness 2 had free roaming motor biking ?
like 12 years ago @ 1080p 60FPS 16xAF and 16xAA.... PHFFFT

240px-Mcm2.jpg

Kerub

Banned
Ok, Motocross Madness was amazing. But I can't remember that you could make your own tracks?

The texture loading on a restart is so damn terrible though. Seriously, it is baaaaad.

Yeah, it's like the one single thing bringing the whole game down regarding technological advancement. I had some friends over playing this earlier and they were wondering why everything looks so blank for a couple of seconds before everything loads.

mujun

He is in love with the 360, so you have to filter his hyperbole a bit. Too bad the most impressive 360 game is a small sequel motocross XBLA game most people will never see. I wish they had spent all those years and all that talent on something original and retail.

Tell us how you feel about Journey.

Top Bottom