• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected - Early Access Beta August 13th, Open Beta August 20th

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
vXTwqDi.jpg

Joow FUCK this dude whahah
How is this boss fun..

All i did was purge potions.
portal like a bitch to town
Refill potions
And again and again.

xD fuck this thing i had no warning at all..
I just had this annoying as fuck dungeon.
and clicked a broken wall suddenly i was in a room that felt like the size of a sardine can and a fucking angry slug that tried to skullfuck me. And no good loot drop at all just trash
this inventory space yo 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

Last edited:
vXTwqDi.jpg

How is this boss fun..

Refill potions
And again and again.

and clicked a broken wall suddenly i was in a room that felt like the size of a sardine can and a fucking angry slug that tried to skullfuck me. And no good loot drop at all just trash
Maggot lair is a somewhat notorious dungeon. It’s annoying af.

I was a necro main back in the day. That level is a nightmare when you have 20 summoned skeletons trying to navigate the narrow tunnels.

Last edited:
So this ends today? No point to preorder right now to play this week, right? I'll wait next weekend if so
Looks like it ends Tuesday.

Q: How long will the Beta last?​

A: The Early Access weekend test will run until August 17 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT). The Open Beta weekend will run until August 23 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT). This will allow us to get the right amount of gameplay feedback and client performance data. Reference this Time Zone Converter to identify when the test will end in your region.

Malakhov

Banned

A: The Early Access weekend test will run until August 17 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT). The Open Beta weekend will run until August 23 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT). This will allow us to get the right amount of gameplay feedback and client performance data. Reference this Time Zone Converter to identify when the test will end in your region.
Yeah just saw it thanks, yet on the ps store it says august 16 :(

DavidGzz

Hell yeah! Thought tonight would be last night with it. Time to try Javazon.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Decided to preorder the prime evil collection and tried the beta before going to bed. It's great, nostalgia kicked in but I dig what they did with the graphics! Will try to finish it tomorrow and enjoy it some more before it ends

DavidGzz

Ok, so controller support just needs a few things and it would be perfect.

1.Leap needs to go further if you press and hold the skill. Maybe the same for teleport but I haven't been able to use that skill yet. At the moment, leap seems inconsistent. Most of the time, if there are no enemies, the barb does a very short leap.

2. We need a shortcut to give our mercenaries potions. Pressing start, scrolling to the merc page and then holding A to give them one isn't cutting it. This would be an easy fix. Holding left trigger gives you a whole 10 extra commands possible on top of the base 10. I love that I can press Left trigger and A to immediately place a town portal. Being able to press left trigger and then RB or something to give a potion to a merc would be awesome.

3. When I am scrolling to look at weapons and armors, the bonuses need to come up quicker. At the moment, it is immediate with a mouse, when you scroll over with the cursor using an analog stick it takes a second to display the item stats which is annoying.

Other than these things, they've done an amazing job with controller support and overall, I prefer it.

Last edited:
Ok, so controller support just needs a few things and it would be perfect.

1.Leap needs to go further if you press and hold the skill. Maybe the same for teleport but I haven't been able to use that skill yet. At the moment, leap seems inconsistent. Most of the time, if there are no enemies, the barb does a very short leap.

2. We need a shortcut to give our mercenaries potions. Pressing start, scrolling to the merc page and then holding A to give them one isn't cutting it. This would be an easy fix. Holding left trigger gives you a whole 10 extra commands possible on top of the base 10. I love that I can press Left trigger and A to immediately place a town portal. Being able to press left trigger and then RB or something to give a potion to a merc would be awesome.

3. When I am scrolling to look at weapons and armors, the bonuses need to come up quicker. At the moment, it is immediate with a mouse, when you scroll over with the cursor using an analog stick it takes a second to display the item stats which is annoying.

Other than these things, they've done an amazing job with controller support and overall, I prefer it.
There is a shortcut to give mercs pots. Hold L2 then hit the potion.

edit: this works on Xbox at least

Last edited:

DavidGzz

There is a shortcut to give mercs pots. Hold L2 then hit the potion.

edit: this works on Xbox at least

Boom, one problem solved. That's a better system anyhow since you can give them an antidote that way too. Thanks for the heads up. Wish some of these shortcuts were explained somewhere. I had to read from someone else how to switch on legacy graphics, for example. I guess this wasn't the priority of the beta stage so I'll cut them some slack.

Last edited:
Boom, one problem solved. Thanks for the heads up. Wish some of these shortcuts were explained somewhere. I had to read from someone else how to switch on legacy graphics, for example. I guess this wasn't the priority of the beta stage so I'll cut them some slack.
Yeah no shit. I have a feeling there is a way to auto fill your tomes with scrolls. Can’t figure it out tho.

and I think you’re the one who told me about auto filling your belt with pots. I would have never figured that out.

Spukc

Maggot lair is a somewhat notorious dungeon. It’s annoying af.

I was a necro main back in the day. That level is a nightmare when you have 20 summoned skeletons trying to navigate the narrow tunnels.
I never went in the maggot lair i always hear people hating that place, so i was not looking foward. Was easy with my barb build.
i am talking about true tal rasha temple with duriel
fuck that boss yo

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
my blessed hammers are doing 400-740 dmg per hammer

no stress just trying out the beta lol

Inviusx

Somewhat disappointed with the performance on PS5. We have Quality (4k 30) and Performance (1080p? 60). Quality looks really good, I'm guessing native 2160p but 30fps is trash because there is significant input delay especially in menus. The performance mode is fine but it's a pretty sharp drop in IQ compared to Quality.

This performance is what I would expect from the PS4 Pro and One X versions, not PS5 and Series X.

Hopefully things change for launch but right now I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.

Fake

They’re both great as a starting class. Amazon if you like ranged, paladin if you like melee.

paladin would prob be a bit easier, but both should be able to clear both acts without much trouble.

Dude... Amazon melee is far more powerful than Paladin, both early and late game.

If you want a good melee, pick either Barbarian or Amazon. Paladin need a little complex build.

DavidGzz

Somewhat disappointed with the performance on PS5. We have Quality (4k 30) and Performance (1080p? 60). Quality looks really good, I'm guessing native 2160p but 30fps is trash because there is significant input delay especially in menus. The performance mode is fine but it's a pretty sharp drop in IQ compared to Quality.

This performance is what I would expect from the PS4 Pro and One X versions, not PS5 and Series X.

Hopefully things change for launch but right now I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.

That's odd. Pretty sure it's at least 1440p in performance on XSX or my eyes deceive me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
the fuck how i am playing wrong i thought 300 dmg was pretty good
Been farming Andy (don’t forget to loot bug her for double rate drop!) a lot and managed to get my MF high as fuck, then it just escalated from there and shit started dropping left and right!

I’m level 26 btw and I’ve invested as many points as possible on blessed hammer (ofc) as well as going back and forth between holy bolt for synergy dmg + concentration buff.

So the full launch is in 23 september.. i'll just wait until then. I think i'll replay the entire trilogy, in anticipation for Diablo 4, starting with the original + the beelzebub (HD) mod.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
vXTwqDi.jpg

How is this boss fun..

Refill potions
And again and again.

If that was hell for you then I'd suggest not rolling a summoner necro for this specific part.

Tschumi

vXTwqDi.jpg

How is this boss fun..

Refill potions
And again and again.

this is why i'm glad i play this single player, i only have to face this thing once and for my immersed ass he just feels like an unspeakable horror lurking in the dank sewers below a haunted desert city... extremely cool.. very grimdark... much nice... gear drops have never really meant much to me in d2, because i'm usually using that one weap with the right mix of on-hit effects rather than whatever random stats the latest drop offers

Last edited:

iHaunter

So I played the beta this weekend, maybe 14-16 hours in total.

My experience thus far:
  • Over 15 crashes
  • A lot of visual bugs
  • Back-end seems to be the exact same as D2 because clicking on entrances sometimes just doesn't work
  • Looting is as clunky as old D2
  • A LOT of visual bugs, could seriously cause epilepsy with all the flashing, especially in Tal Rasha's Tomb (Reported all bugs)
  • Chat is incredibly broken and only works half the time
Having said that. I was hoping there would be QOL changes, but this seems to be a pure VISUAL remaster and not much else. The systems are still old and clunky which do not add anything to do the game at all IMHO.

Tg89

Was out of town for a wedding this weekend so didn't get to play too much but I cleared the available content/got to 20 with a Fissure Druid and Zealot and started on a Sorc a bit. Didn't really do much farming. Probably gonna finish up the Sorc and do a Barb/Amazon next weekend, maybe try to push 30 and do some MFing on something. Gotta rememeber to do the Andy bug on my sorc.

Overall super impressed with how it seems to be turning out. As someone who still plays D2 almost every day I'm really looking forward to being able to move over to a modern but accurate remake of it. The few QOL things they've done seem to be great compromises and don't impact the spirit of the game. The graphics are a nice upgrade but not over the top. Everything about the gameplay, outside of a handful of minor bugs (ctrl+click doesn't seem to work consistently, Cain doesn't identify items in your cube, etc.) was great. I did get a decent amount of rubber banding and ping seemed high but ill assume that's just beta being beta. Otherwise really glad with how true they kept to the original. D2 is basically a perfect game as is.

Not sure what I'll do on release yet, probably just start with a Blizzard Sorc and transition to a Hammerdin when I've accumulated the items I need. Not sure if I'll start in HC or SC ladder yet.

Played essentially non-stop through the beta and beat Act 2 with my Hammerdin and my wife's Bowazon.

I was on such a nostalgia trip I booted up my MacBook and had EverQuest running on my coffee table while playing D2 on PS5.

Had a lot of personal matters to deal with and this was such a welcome relief. Can't wait for full release.

My experience thus far:
  • Over 15 crashes
  • A lot of visual bugs
  • Back-end seems to be the exact same as D2 because clicking on entrances sometimes just doesn't work
  • A LOT of visual bugs, could seriously cause epilepsy with all the flashing, especially in Tal Rasha's Tomb (Reported all bugs)
Having said that. I was hoping there would be QOL changes, but this seems to be a pure VISUAL remaster and not much else. The systems are still old and clunky which do not add anything to do the game at all IMHO.

I honestly had maybe 1-2 crashes, no real visual bugs, quite a few doors that opened but didn't look open, and yes it does have the clunky feel... but I kind of like that. I'm weird though and I also far prefer Resident Evil 1-CV vs. 4-on.

Also the ability to swap to the OG graphics is AMAZING.

Last edited:

Per this thread, Reddit and the discord, some people are reporting that they some reason have the ps4 pro version running on the ps5. Lots of performance issues on ps5. Appears to be a bug. Runs gloriously on xsx.

I’m sure it will get fixed by release.

Last edited:

Spukc

My experience thus far:
  • Over 15 crashes
  • A lot of visual bugs
i had a fuck ton of crashes no visual bugs whatsoever. Using evga FTW3 3080 latest drivers
what gpu drivers and gpu you using ?

old game feels old yeah underneath shiny coat of gfx
gamepad controls are hella better tho

cormack12

Gold Member
Levelled a Paladin, Druid and Sorceress so far only to the burial grounds. Don't wanna burn out. Druid whiffs a lot. So far in order of favourites to play

Druid -> Paladin -> Sorceress

I never went in the maggot lair i always hear people hating that place, so i was not looking foward. Was easy with my barb build.
i am talking about true tal rasha temple with duriel
fuck that boss yo
ah my bad was hard to make out on my cell phone. yeah duriel can be a bitch.

Dude... Amazon melee is far more powerful than Paladin, both early and late game.

If you want a good melee, pick either Barbarian or Amazon. Paladin need a little complex build.
news to me. you can probably tell I don't play Amazon.

I'm a Necro main with a bit of Sorc and Paladin mixed in. I thought Zeal Pally out melees Amazon.

I'm torn as to whether I want to play HC or SC once the game is released.

Growing up, I only played HC.

Not sure if I'm still up for it at this point in my life. I'm in my late 30s and don't really have the free time I used to have.

When I was younger, starting over wasn't the end of the world as it was just an excuse to grind more. Not really feeling the same way anymore.

Saber

Gold Member

I'm a Necro main with a bit of Sorc and Paladin mixed in. I thought Zeal Pally out melees Amazon.

Its just like my brother said. I played with Amazon, invest a bit in some passive skills and then the skill that cast charged bolts and a damage deal in conjuction with your auto attacks.
Late game just invest on Valkyria and shes basically a better character than even Amazon herself.
Best part is that she has bow skills, so you can make 2 builds with no problems and passives just help them equally.

iHaunter

i had a fuck ton of crashes no visual bugs whatsoever. Using evga FTW3 3080 latest drivers
what gpu drivers and gpu you using ?

old game feels old yeah underneath shiny coat of gfx
gamepad controls are hella better tho
I have a 2080Ti so it should be incredibly stable. It was definitely an in-game bug because I could repeat it.

Lanrutcon

Maybe it hasn't been fully optimized yet? IDK. Even with a fresh coat of paint, it's still a 20-year-old game. Seems like it should be easy for ps5 and xsex.

Naw. The game is 20 years old. What you're seeing isn't. They're literally running the old game at the same time as a modern renderer, with the one mimicking the other. It's highly irregular smoke and mirrors. If you're seeing slowdown: the game portion isn't dropping frames...the less than 2 year old renderer is.

Fake

Amazon passive are far more powerful than Paladin auras. Paladin would probably win Amazon in bulk overall, but evasion and critical strike make Amazon melee vasty superior over Paladin.
When you start to reach unique monsters with mana burn the Paladin skills start to fall apart, unlike Amazon and Barbarian. Most like Sorceress when you start fo face monsters with immunity.

I was main Paladin in Diablo 2 day launch, without the patches he is really hard to play if you don't pick the correct skills/auras. He is good if you're playing with friends, but Amazon and Barbarian are far ahead in the solo play.

I was main Paladin in Diablo 2 day launch, without the patches he is really hard to play if you don't pick the correct skills/auras. He is good if you're playing with friends, but Amazon and Barbarian are far ahead in the solo play.
Now I feel like finally rolling an amazon.

what would be a beta build you recommend assuming I’ll top out in mid 20s?

Last edited:

Spukc

Was making a smite Paladin for fun.

Got a god-tier shield randomly drop in Tomb Run -- Made it into an ancients.

unknown.png

unknown.png
holy shit that's a good shield shame it's all gone soon :(

are these orange gens TAL RA etc... rare i have got like 6 now

Last edited:

Fake

Now I feel like finally rolling an amazon.

what would be a beta build you recommend assuming I’ll top out in mid 20s?

Depends. If you're playing with friends I sure recommend making Amazon with a bow because as soon you put people the level difficult start to increase making melee chars less ideal.

But, if bow is not your style, I recommend using javelin build with consist into increase her 'evasion' passive and 'critical strike' passive. Shields have a block rate so with evasion you should beat the 1 act quite easy. When monsters with static field start to appear I recommend stay long range trowing your javelin or make a mix of using a bow, hire a huntress and summon valkyrie to safety measures.

I'm doing a fresh run if anyone wants to join. want to get a start on my Amazon she's somewhat leveled for next weekend.
Depends. If you're playing with friends I sure recommend making Amazon with a bow because as soon you put people the level difficult start to increase making melee chars less ideal.

But, if bow is not your style, I recommend using javelin build with consist into increase her 'evasion' passive and 'critical strike' passive. Shields have a block rate so with evasion you should beat the 1 act quite easy. When monsters with static field start to appear I recommend stay long range trowing your javelin or make a mix of using a bow, hire a huntress and summon valkyrie to safety measures.
thanks!

Last edited:

iHaunter

holy shit that's a good shield shame it's all gone soon :(

are these orange gens TAL RA etc... rare i have got like 6 now
It really is. I could've traded that Shield for a Low-Tier High Rune!

Tal/Ral are alright. They're low-tier runes that can be combined into better ones. 3x Tal = Ral, 3x Ral = Ort, etc.

Malakhov

Banned
It really is. I could've traded that Shield for a Low-Tier High Rune!

Tal/Ral are alright. They're low-tier runes that can be combined into better ones. 3x Tal = Ral, 3x Ral = Ort, etc.
I need a damn tir with my ral rune to make myself a leaf staff

Top Bottom