• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm supposed to be studying for my Con Law final on monday, and I am giving less and less of a crap about it. D3 is overcoming my brain.

HenryHSH

The wait is going to get harder the closer we get to the release. The 14th is just going to be long as hell. Especially looking at what I have scheduled that day. UGH.

I just wanna say i love this thread, cannot wait for Diablo III. Ive waited so long and holy shit at Inferno!

I think you'll like the OT even more.

Right now I'm focused on just getting the bare minimum I need to have it presentable for Tuesday. In the worst case, it will be up a day or two late. With that accomplished, I'll work on polish, and will be updating it until release and beyond.

The going is a bit slow at times - it's difficult to concentrate on the writing aspect for more than a couple hours at a time without becoming fatigued. Graphics are easy enough for me, but they're a secondary priority at the moment.

Valnen

Right now I'm focused on just getting the bare minimum I need to have it presentable for Tuesday. In the worst case, it will be up a day or two late. With that accomplished, I'll work on polish, and will be updating it until release and beyond.

The going is a bit slow at times - it's difficult to concentrate on the writing aspect for more than a couple hours at a time without becoming fatigued. Graphics are easy enough for me, but they're a secondary priority at the moment.

I can't wait to see it. I'm actually anticipating the new thread quite a bit!

Elginer

Cannot wait. An epic OT for the game of the ages.

Valnen

Ok.

I don't understand this need to choose one class. Why not just play everything?

I imagine most people will end up with multiple 60's, it's that first class you first see the story with that will be the real choice for most people.

Still undecided on Wizard or Barb here, I might even go monk now with the updated animations.

LordCanti

Ok.

I don't understand this need to choose one class. Why not just play everything?

Time being limited, it's easier to play one character to 60 (and then inferno) instead of multiples. I'll only have to equip one character as well, which should be better for my wallet (hopefully not impacting my wallet at all after I sell things in the auction house to pay for stuff my character can actually use).

Is there going to be a trading thread? It would be great (especially at the lower levels, before the RM auction house is out) if we could all be like "I've got +int boots, anyone have +dex boots?" and just trade instead of incurring the 15% fee.

BlackJace

I'm definitely considering picking this up. It'll be my first foray into the series. How accessible is it for newcomers?

I've always enjoyed Action-RPGs/Dungeon Crawlers, so I dont think this game will be TOO foreign if I get behind it.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I'm definitely considering picking this up. It'll be my first foray into the series. How accessible is it for newcomers?

I've always enjoyed Action-RPGs/Dungeon Crawlers, so I dont think this game will be TOO foreign if I get behind it.

You click stuff and kill it. Its pretty easy. The depth comes from the crazy loot and trying to play on higher difficulties.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You'll love it.

Time being limited, it's easier to play one character to 60 (and then inferno) instead of multiples. I'll only have to equip one character as well, which should be better for my wallet (hopefully not impacting my wallet at all after I sell things in the auction house to pay for stuff my character can actually use).

Is there going to be a trading thread? It would be great (especially at the lower levels, before the RM auction house is out) if we could all be like "I've got +int boots, anyone have +dex boots?" and just trade instead of incurring the 15% fee.

I don't know if there will be a dedicated traded thread, at least I didn't have any plans for one. Perhaps if the need arises, otherwise I'm fine with requests in or tacked on to posts in the OT, so long as it doesn't become overwhelming to other discussion.

The current spoiler tags policy I have written in place is until May 29 (2 weeks after release) or |OT2|, whichever comes first, excepting OT2 being reached ludicrously early. Even then, I make it clear that it's only for major story spoilers like act bosses and important plot developments. Smaller things like side-quests do not need to be tagged. If no one else makes a dedicated spoiler thread, I will, though it would probably only have a banner image at most.

Perfectly accessible. It's probably the best place you could start.

forrest

formerly nacire
Man beta withdrawal in full effect. :( Ugh...

Yeah it will be nice having fellow gaffers to trade with. How long will the OT last in the Gaming forum before it will be moved to Gaming Community?

jkoch

I prepurchased D3 yesterday, ran the installer, and downloaded the client. I don't see the folder I saved it to on my PC anymore, and can't find any trace of it. Is that right??

EDIT: NEVERMIND I'm an idiot.

Im_Special

I don't know if this was well known before, but I just found out today that in order to cash out with Paypal you'll need an active cell phone with text ability. Dreams crushed here. /cry

At the bottom:

Mobile Alerts
Battle.net’s Mobile Alerts SMS authentication service will occasionally send a text message to your mobile phone containing a code you’ll need to enter to verify your identity. You will be required to sign up for the Mobile Alerts service in order to use PayPal to buy or sell items in Diablo III’s real-money auction house.

And yes I'm probably Amish for not having a cell, but I've never needed anything more then my land-line phone so never got one. Also probably wont be worth getting a cheap one just to have to pay XX amount per month so I can make a few bucks and hopefully break even for it with D3 money.

I don't know if this was well known before, but I just found out today that in order to cash out with Paypal you'll need an active cell phone with text ability. Dreams crushed here. /cry

At the bottom:

And yes I'm probably Amish for not having a cell, but I've never needed anything more then my land-line phone so never got one. Also probably wont be worth getting a cheap one just to have to pay XX amount per month so I can make a few bucks and hopefully break even for it with D3 money.

Huh. I glossed over that detail before. I'll make sure to mention it in the OT, even though the RMAH won't be going live until about a week after launch.

And you could always get a cheap prepaid cellphone. I don't know how you've never needed, or at least thought a cell phone wouldn't be useful in this day and age, even a cheap prepaid like I already mentioned. I still have an old Samsung from 2003 or 2004, though I would like to finally get an iPhone (5!) sometime this year.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Buckling under the pressure and now I want the CE. And going through withdrawals. Why does this happen to the good people1!?

LordCanti

Huh. I glossed over that detail before. I'll make sure to mention it in the OT, even though the RMAH won't be going live until about a week after launch.

And you could always get a cheap prepaid cellphone. I don't know how you've never needed, or at least thought a cell phone wouldn't be useful in this day and age, even a cheap prepaid like I already mentioned. I still have an old Samsung from 2003 or 2004, though I would like to finally get an iPhone (5!) sometime this year.

Didn't someone say something about a pre-paid phone not working with the text alerts? I can't remember exactly (it's on a previous page somewhere).

My alerts are all set up and ready to go whenever the RMAH comes out.

Didn't someone say something about a pre-paid phone not working with the text alerts? I can't remember exactly (it's on a previous page somewhere).

My alerts are all set up and ready to go whenever the RMAH comes out.

It doesn't say so explicitly in the FAQ, at least as far as I can tell. I'll do some forum digging though before writing about it.

I really cant wait for this. Its ridiculous. Most anticipated game since Half Life 2.

Seriously. It's bringing the glory days back for me so far. I've had a long hiatus from Blizzard, as I hated WoW and though I liked SC2 it didn't really light the fire.

That open beta took me back. They still get it. Amen.

Im_Special

It doesn't say so explicitly in the FAQ, at least as far as I can tell. I'll do some forum digging though before writing about it.

I'm no official word or anything but it seems others from what I've read have not been able to use there pre-paid cellphones either, it's looking like you need a contract planned phone and not a prepaid one in order to use the RMAH.

cripterion

Interesting that South East Asia was lumped into the Americas region. I hope they'll accommodate the servers so we don't have too high pings (which seems to be OK judging from the beta).

Also means I'll get to play with GAF people so should be pretty good :D

ShaneB

I've got a gift card waiting for this, but I can't use it online knowing that the cost will be over the card limit of 50$ :( So I've gotta wait and likely get a boxed copy and split the cost from the card and some cash.. bleh :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't even sleep anymore... stayed in bed for 30 minutes, thinking of this fucking game.

Now I'm awake, and I'm listening to the Tristram theme... fuck my life.

mbmonk

I can't even sleep anymore... stayed in bed for 30 minutes, thinking of this fucking game.

Now I'm awake, and I'm listening to the Tristram theme... fuck my life.

Youtube search: "diablo 3, today" is the only thing that keeps me entertianed.

Damn this wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom