• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

Something pent up inside, friend?

I asked a question and was answered by some human beings with basic courtesy. But thanks for your bitter rant.

Just sick of people repeating the same crap over and over again when they could easily just show some initiative and do a little bit of research.

Valnen

After I experienced the launch of Lord of Destruction in Sweden, I knew that the Diablo-series was ridiculously huge here. And I really mean over-the-top. Everyone and their mothers played it and I'm not even joking. I remember during LoD, I asked my best friends mother if she and her friends (which happened to be all middle aged women) could help me out with some things in-game. They were A LOT better at the game than every single one of us... they had the age advantage, damn it! We were only kids :_:

WoW was big in Sweden, but Diablo always felt more "ompf". Everyone's been talking about it ever since it's been announced - but now that we're reaching the launch, I'm literally hearing people talk about Diablo wherever I go. On the buss to the pharmacy? Check. In a grocery store? Check. Inside Burger King? Check.

It's those moments, these specific moments that makes me realize how hyped I am. Knowing that everyone around me is hyped makes me even more hyped. So basically, if it wasn't for the amount of hype around me, I wouldn't be remotely as crazy as I am today :3

I have heard literally just 1 person talk about this game besides me unsolicited all the way from the original announcement until now. And it was quite recently =/.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I have heard literally just 1 person talk about this game besides me unsolicited all the way from the original announcement until now. And it was quite recently =/.
That is so frikkin' weird man, where do you live? Well at least you have the Internet + GAF though, right? ♥

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
As long as Diablo3GAF doesn't turn into BF3PCGAF, we'll all have people to play with.
Or EUSC2GAF
trollololol j/k, I love all three of you
:3 What happened to BF3PCGAF? I thought BF3 was more popular on PC?

Yoshichan

Sacramento.

And yeah, I am quite grateful for GAF! :D
And if GAF ever decides to shit the bed and everyone stops playing, I will be there for you ♥

I will play this game until I die. Yoshi promise you this.

LordCanti

Or EUSC2GAF
trollololol j/k, I love all three of you
:3 What happened to BF3PCGAF? I thought BF3 was more popular on PC?

There was a ton of pre-release hype, and we gathered like $800 in donations from a ton of people (I weep for my $10) in order to rent a 64 player server. To make a long story short, the game came out buggy as all hell, and the player base dried up within the first month or two. We went from over a hundred people (a lot of them donors) to the four or five people that currently play now (very sparingly). It was a train wreck.

Edit: Forgot to add that the server was paid for six months in advance (to get a lower rate). Bye bye most of the money ;_; I think the rest is going to get donated to charity at some point.

Luckily, with 4 player co-op caps, there is almost no danger of that happening with Diablo 3.

Yoshichan

There was a ton of pre-release hype, and we gathered like $800 in donations from a ton of people (I weep for my $10) in order to rent a 64 player server. To make a long story short, the game came out buggy as all hell, and the player base dried up within the first month or two. We went from over a hundred people (a lot of them donors) to the four or five people that currently play now (very sparingly). It was a train wreck.
Oh wow, I really had no idea... were those bugs exclusive to the PC-version? Is PS3/360 BF3-GAF much stronger? You guys donating $800 really showed that there were a lot of dedicated people... it's weird how much bugs can break a whole community :(

Sorry for the OT btw, I'm really curious...

Akim

Banned
So glad I got a crew of friends to run through normal at midnight! I wasn't really that hyped before, because I've been so busy.

LordCanti

Oh wow, I really had no idea... were those bugs exclusive to the PC-version? Is PS3/360 BF3-GAF much stronger? You guys donating $800 really showed that there were a lot of dedicated people... it's weird how much bugs can break a whole community :(

Sorry for the OT btw, I'm really curious...

I've never played the console versions, but I think those versions came out far less buggy. It makes sense, since they didn't launch with dedicated servers (I don't think they did anyway) and they didn't have to shoe-horn in support for EA's Origin service. I'm not sure if BF3 PS3/360 GAF is still going strong. I should pop in that thread sometime and just weep while reading about all the fun they're probably having.

So glad I got a crew of friends to run through normal at midnight! I wasn't really that hyped before, because I've been so busy.

I don't know a single person in real life that will be playing this game. If it had Call of Duty or Madden in the title, they'd be all over it but since it's Diablo, no one seems to know it exists.

Almost in the same boat, except one of my friends is getting it, and I met someone in my gym class at college who's also getting it and playing it midnight launch. Still.. not enough!

I want more people to play with, especially at launch, so add me please gaf!

Can we add people yet? I haven't played a Blizzard game since Diablo 2, and I haven't seen a place to do it. I figured the beta list would get deleted anyway, so I didn't bother then.

goldensun

I don't know a single person in real life that will be playing this game. If it had Call of Duty or Madden in the title, they'd be all over it but since it's Diablo, no one seems to know it exists.
Almost in the same boat, except one of my friends is getting it, and I met someone in my gym class at college who's also getting it and playing it midnight launch. Still.. not enough!

I want more people to play with, especially at launch, so add me please gaf!

Yoshichan

Obviously, spoilers of a physical material variety lay ahead. I haven't watched it.

CE unboxing:

bit.ly/JSiz1H

Courtesy of EBgames Australia.
Thanks for the link sir! I really can't wait to get my hands on it... just the thought of holding it around my arms, tight... oh god.

LordCanti

Obviously, spoilers of a physical material variety lay ahead. I haven't watched it.

CE unboxing:

bit.ly/JSiz1H

She opens the art book at one point. Anyone in full on spoiler avoidance mode should probably not watch.

Out of that entire CE, the only thing I want is that art book. It looks like it really turned out well. Thanks for the link.

Valnen

Was not expecting unboxing videos already.

I'll refrain from watching, watching SC2 CE unboxing ruined the moment for me =/.

CE unboxing:

bit.ly/JSiz1H

I skipped over it, just in case, but at one point, they briefly thumb through the art book. In case anyone is worried about being spoiled.

I never realized the USB drive attached to the skull.

Edit: Beaten!

Xanathus

She opens the art book at one point. Anyone in full on spoiler avoidance mode should probably not watch.

Out of that entire CE, the only thing I want is that art book. It looks like it really turned out well. Thanks for the link.

There aren't any spoilers in the pages she showed of the art book.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Officially under 7 days!!! So excited

ovrXw.jpg

Number45

Cheers, sucks. :(

Maybe I'll pick up a physical copy.

EDIT: Planning a rebuild tonight, kind of tempted to install an XP partition. :p

99%

I think the one Gamestop I pre-ordered at doesn't do a midnight launch... WTF

I have to call them to make sure. I took a day of for this... I need that midnight launch!

Yoshichan

I think the one Gamestop I pre-ordered at doesn't do a midnight launch... WTF
Call them and make sure :_: That sucks if true...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I will most likely get the game on friday. I need dat boxart.

Diablo-3-box-art-thumb-550xauto-86309.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
I aint suffering the wait because I'm still playing my first ever run-through of Diablo II.

You guys were fools to play Diablo II already!

I wish I had played Diablo II sooner so I could savour it properly

I aint suffering the wait because I'm still playing my first ever run-through of Diablo II.

You guys were fools to play Diablo II already!

I wish I had played Diablo II sooner so I could savour it properly

Hahaha... speak your mind, brother. Diablo II just increased your hype to no end.

Suairyu

Banned
Hahaha... speak your mind, brother. Diablo II just increased your hype to no end.
Eh, maybe. It's nice to play it after all these years and the setting and art is great.

However, at Act 3 and I think I preferred Diablo 1 so far (I played that for the first time a few weeks ago) and Diablo III seems like a massive upgrade in terms of gameplay mechanics, too.

But it's a distraction from the wait for Diablo III, and for that I am glad.

Amazon says I'll receive my copy of the Book Of Cain sometime this week, too. I have enough to keep me occupied until launch.

Yoshichan

Eh, maybe. It's nice to play it after all these years.

However, at Act 3 and I think I preferred Diablo 1 so far (I played that for the first time a few weeks ago) and Diablo III seems like a massive upgrade in terms of gameplay mechanics, too.
You just wait for Act 4 and 5... sooooooo good.

Sn4ke_911

So i've heard there will be no expansion packs for D3 ...why?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm extremely conflicted about how I should do my first run. I really want to do my first run alone and immerse myself in the game/story.

Because you've heard wrong. There will be exp pack(s) for d3.

Yoshichan

Oh there will be.

edit: don't forget boys! Doing it all in coop gives you double the achievements :D (one for solo play and one for coop).

Valnen

Definitely going solo the first run. I am talking to every npc and squeezing every bit of dialogue out. Also exploring every nook and cranny of every area the first time I'm in it.

Nightmare and beyond though I'll open up :D.

Sn4ke_911

Because you've heard wrong. There will be exp pack(s) for d3.

Really? i'm pretty sure i've seen an interview with Wilson where he said, they don't wanna go the WoW road. The game itself is big enough. No new dungeons, no new enemies. If anything they will add it's items.

Lemme see if i can find it.

Valnen

Wait, what's the GFW logo doing on there? oO

Pretty sure those are placeholder box arts made by entities other than Blizzard.

Really? i'm pretty sure i've seen an interview with Wilson where he said, they don't wanna go the WoW road. The game itself is big enough. No new dungeons, no new enemies. If anything they will add it's items.

I believe he said that in regards to content patching, not expansions.

99%

Uuugh I really don't know what to do. I'll regret not having the CE, but also not playing on midnight.

They said they will add expansions, but not increase the level cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom